• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Roll To Dodge Adventures - The Grail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace.

Pleased with this more fortunate turn of events, I pluck my dear spear from the man's face set my poor pup out of harm's way before turning on the second man in the room, staring down at him with a devious glint in my eye and a wicked smile on my face.

Oops I look like I'm enjoying this too much.
Let's try scowling instead.

Before he can blink I hurl the spear once more, pausing only to quickly take the weapons left on the dead man's body.

Brendan Savem said:
I had to work double time due to school on top of university applications. So yeah, it could go on for a few more weeks.
This is the sequel of that moment! New one coming soon to a forum near you!

Toru - 6 Fortunately there was a doctor on hand, a good doctor. He does the arrow for you and patches you up and you don't even feel a thing. The doctor then goes on a step further, stitching the wound and giving you a medicine that revitalises you with a newfound strength you feel that you could take on the world if you wanted. Honestly though, after he was done, he vanished completely. And the medicine and procedures he did seemed far beyond the times. Could he...? Nah, it couldn't be. Your maximum health has been increased to 30.

Luckii - 5 You are a fully-grown Charr Guardian. I'm not sure myself, I haven't done my research on Guild Wars. From what I can gather though, A Charr is a bipedal hyena with claws the size of daggers, huge teeth, and spikes jutting out of your head and shoulders. You also have a mane stretching down your back. Do people see you and scream in terror at a horrible rabid beast? Apparently not, they don't even care. That's one of the things I don't understand about these fantasy worlds, they have no trace of racism, no matter how different the sentient races are. Even with your claws and such, you still decide to armour up like a tin man; a strong one though. Your thick steel armour gleams in the midday light, providing an effective shield against most attacks, you have a shield of similar in one hand, if the armour isn't enough to block an attack. The ornate carving of a dragon glistens prominently in the centre of the shield. Your sword is also ornately crafted, and is enchanted with Ice of the Frozen North, this should prove handy against hot-blooded foes. You have 20 gold, should you still be in need of more items.

You first came to town and immediately saw the smoke of the ongoing commotion, you head to the town square to learn of the bandits that are holding the Town Hall, just go back a few pages to get the full story. Now, you can do what a few other toughened warriors are doing and try to break in and save the mayor and other hostages inside, or go off and do your own thing, yes that is an option, following along with this is not mandatory.

Belle - 3 and the Bandit Swordsman - 5 Your menacing looks don't deter the toughened bandit, he probably saw much worse in his bloody lifetime. And he's not going to go down the same way his partner did, and ducks out of the way of your poorly thrown spear, which now is embedded in a portrait behind him, right on the man's nose too. He then charges into you with his shoulder, knocking you to the ground just as you get a grip on the shortsword of the dead man. The man looms above you, with his sword poised to deliver a sharp stab to your chest.
Belle - 18 vs Bandit Swordsman - 10 BTW, the numbers are your current health

Dwayna - Cannot Respond until Dark Soul acts

I look left, and I gasp as I see the flames rage from one building to another. I rush towards the burning site.

After learning of the banditos and the hostages, I seek for a way to enter the sieged building. I glance upon a sturdy wooden board leading into the building. After making my way across said bridge, I dive for an opening, and I land inside the hostage building.

We discover a pipe, wide enough for us to fit trough and seemingly leading into the building. Unfortunately, it is set quite high up into the ceiling and I'm unsure if I'll be able to reach it without something to get me higher, in the non-narcotic sense of the word.

My new-found draconian partner, luckily, is apparently stronger then she seems and lifts me up into the pipe, yelling as she does so for no apparent reason. When I'm safely inside, I grab her wrists and attempt to pull her up as well, in which I succeed after some initial trouble. Now we can start our journey up!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Might as well say that I'm also interested in this whenever a spot opens up ;o

oh noooooooo

obviously the correct course of action here is going to be kicking him off me, aiming at whichever most sensitive part is going to be closest to my righteous foot.
I tighten my grip on the stolen sword and aim up.

Not much activity happening at time huh. I can accept that, it's a busy month for everyone. I'll prod you when you need prodding, and remove you when you need removing anyway. Speaking of removing, Teapot has requested removal from this trial, extinguishing the moderator presence in this game, on the basis of making room for others. His character is still accessible should he want to continue in the As such, Chadwyck now has claims over the spot. If Chad changed his mind over the last two weeks, I'm sure Sem would be eager to have a bowl. Either way, the game goes on!

Luckii - 1 You run through the burning building, and that was probably the silliest idea a man in a tin suit could possibly do. You are cooked alive in your armour, as the intense heat penetrates you and refuses to leave. When you finally do reach the board you were planning to cross, you feel like a roast turkey on Thanksgiving. You try crossing the board, but it stood no chance at supporting your weight, and snaps just as you reach the middle. You plummet down to the ground quite spectacularly, a ringing clang echoes out as your armour hits the ground. 7 health has been cut

Dwayna Dragonfire - 2 and Dark Soul - 3 Dwayna pushes Dark Soul into the pipe. And then Dark Soul tries to pull Dwayna up with him. Unfortunately, Dark Soul isn't exactly Mark Tyson, and can't lift Dwayna himself. When he tries, his hands slip and Dwayna falls and tumbles into the waters that quickly sweep her away. The duo have been split up.

Belle - 5 vs The Bandit Swordsman - 2 The man pauses as a sharp crack is heard, he turns to see a man in full knight armour disappear from the window and plunge far below. Taking advantage, you deliver a sharp kick to his sensitives, causing him to double over in pain. Even if he were to survive your wrath, he's not going to be having kids anymore.
Belle - 18 vs Bandit Swordsman - 7

Yes! It is on. I will be joining this game as a 23 year old Human Paladin, raised within the order of light for the pursuit of GREAT JUSTICE.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Damn sewers. How did I know this would go wrong?
I quickly try to grab onto something to pull myself up. If I succeed, I abscond to the surface.

HEHEHEEHEHHEHE

I mean.
Yes of course, effectiveness is what I was aiming for.
Taking ALL OF THE ADVANTAGES presented before me here, I brandish the stolen sword with renewed vigor and bloodlust and charge at the bandit.

HEY IM NOT FAT DDDDD:

Ow. I manage to wrestle out of my armour. Looks like it'll be useless until it cools down. I rush towards the market, looking for some lighter armour and a health potion to replenish any lost health from the fall. After I get those, I'll try to look for another way onto the hostage building.

As I try to lift up my companion, which I seem to succeed in at first, I lose my grip at the last moment and she slides back down right into the mucky water, and I hear her getting flushed away.

Well, damn.

I call after her, but hear nothing. I then sigh and turn around to continue my way up. With any luck, I will be reunited with her after all this is over, or even during the fight.

I climb up into what appears to be the basement, out of a stinking and slimy well. The planks are littered with dried fruit, salted meat and an assortment of both local and more luxurious wines.

I hear nothing outside of the basement door, apart from the distant crackle of fire. I open and grab my folding javelin tightly and burst out of the basement, ready to take on anyone outside.

And the trilogy of absences has been complete. Now to George Lucas it up and remaster them all again and again, and maybe throw in a few prequels.

Chadwyck - 5 One of the holy knights of the Order of Light, a group of peacekeepers that use their unique combination of knightly swordplay and arcane arts. I have no idea why you are on a quest more fitting for money-grabbing treasure hunters rather than a Paladin like yourself, is there a good reason for you to be going on this quest, or are you even truly devoted to the light? You are dressed in steel armour up to your neck, you currently have no helm and show your face to the world. A blessed longsword is at your side, a weapon to banish evil to the dark waters of the void from whence it came. You also have some magical runes at your disposal, most specifically 5 firebolts, 2 iceshards, and a shockwave spell. You however lack the means to make more runes yourself, so you'll have to scavenge for it.

You start off in the town square, having just arrived in town to see the burning Town Hall, it looks like there are hostages inside, and that's what's making this so difficult for the towns guard. Perhaps you could somehow remedy that, so that justice can be served to these bandits.

Dwayna Dragonfire - 5 You quickly shoot your hands up and grab onto a safety ladder further down the sewer. Hoisting yourself up, you realise that you're not far, but the way back is blocked due to you having passed under a wall. On the other hand, there is a ladder leading upwards right in front of you. You take that, reach the manhole at the top, open it up, and... what luck! You appear to be in the basement of the town hall! Now, will you burst out of your hiding place to face whatever is down here with you, or will you try a more stealthy approach?

Belle - 1 vs Bandit Swordsman - 4 You're not the only one with bloodlust in your eyes. Furious at you for the pain you have inflicted on him, both temporary and permanently, he attacks like a wild beast, even more savagely than you would normally do, and you quickly find yourself on the defensive, but he still manages to get cuts out on you. Maybe it's time for a change of tactics.
Belle - 15 vs Bandit Swordsman - 7

Luckii - 5 You hide your heavy armour in a pile of rubbish outside, hopefully nobody plans on stealing it before you're gone, remember to pick it up again when you come back. You rush over to the now abandoned market, and realise it's one big bargain hunt. You happily pick through the free loot, looking for the cream of the crop, and you eventually find several pieces of chain mail armour, but what really gets you is the mithril mail you find at one of the shops. This powerful silvery metal is lighter than iron and stronger than any steel, it is defiantly superior to even your own plates, perhaps you'll just keep this and get rid of your own chest armour when you come back to collect. You also salvage an ointment that you rub into your sore areas, and get immediate relief. 5 health has been restored

Dark Soul - 3 You shimmy up the pipe, going through several bends as it progressively grows smaller. You start to wonder what this pipe was for. For a moment, you see light at the end of the tunnel, but it is quickly eclipsed, a wet sound follows. And you get the shit up to here like Johnny English. On the other hand, not just did you successfully make it into the building's bathroom on the ground floor, you got to relish the flavour of punishing the asshole above you with your pointy knives where it hurts. After you have your fun, you climb out and find yourself in one of several stalls, and it's quite possible that you're still not alone in the lavatory.

What devilry is this? Those who follow the path of the darkness must be eradicated. Unfortunately, the front entrance is inaccessible; I cannot allow for the innocent to be harmed due to my frontal assault.

I circle around to the rear of the building and try to enter through a not as well guarded entrance, perhaps a window. I remain silent for now, until I can get close enough rescue the hostages.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
What luck indeed! I'm glad things are turning around for me.
Burst out of the shadows like the Kool-Aid man and face whatever's waiting for me. OH YEAH!

AWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAH

I slip into this mithril mail, and find it to be far lighter and stronger than my other plates. I'll just sell them in the market after all this bandits buisiness is finished.

But anyway, at this point I remembered that I am part cat, so I can jump long distances. I climb the house that the wooded plank was placed on before, and I prepare to leap through the window and into the house.

Chadwyck - 1 You wander between the walls of the town hall and its adjacent building, and you find no way inside. To make things worse, you get a very unexpected drop-in. You suddenly collapse under the weight of wood, debris, armour, and a hulking hyena. You lose consciousness, only to regain it five minutes later. You find no sign of a hyena, though you swear that you saw it Lose 8 health, and gain an invitation into an insanity ward. Regardless, you're not going to find your entrance around here.

Dwayna Dragonfire - 1 ... and things just did a double-backflip. You burst from the manhole cover, only to get a knife in your scaled hide. Lose 5 health You look up to see a pair of bandits, one with throwing knives, similar to the man you just lost track of, and another with a great axe, and both look look tough. Battle Commencing with Bandit Brothers - 15

Luckii - 6 ... You're a cat 0.o. How in any way are a cute little kitty cat? I have no clue, but you definitely can jump like one. You take the exact same path, but are more prepared for the flames, and thus avoid it without missing a beat. You then reach the path you failed to take before, and make the jump in one perfect leap. You are now in the town hall, where a fierce amazonian woman is still locked in combat with a swordsman, you can choose to abandon her in favour of trying to take out the rest of the bandits, or you can help her in dispatching this one, should you prefer to team up with her afterwards.

Here we go!

After seeing this woman in distress, I unsheath my sword, prepare my shield, and I attack the bandit. This man obviouly has terrible manners. You don't fight with ladies!

Softly kicking the man now slumped on the floor to see if he truly is out cold- Cold in the fatal sense of the word- And attempt to shake off some of the heavily polluted water. That was once but never again.

I'm a small stall, one of more, I'm guessing. There might be other people in here, and they'd probably have heard the unfortunate bandit's yelp if they'd been near enough. With my folding javelin still out, I creep out of the stall and look around.

God damn frigging OKAY FINE.

Rather than try hacking at him again and again, I step back for a moment in surprise at the newcomer engaging the bandit from another side. Uncertain whether to feel insulted or relieved, I take advantage of the opening he has created and slip behind the bandit to try and attack where he can't see me.

I saw it, I know that I saw it. A Hell-hound sent from the devil himself to impede my quest for justice. And now I've got an awful cramp from that death dog. And possibly a concussion. As much as I want to help the folks inside, perhaps I should grab a potion of health from the market.

I sprint to the nearest physician and look for a means to restore my damaged body to full strength, before I head back to the burning building to find my way in.

I did not forget this existed, no sir! Please don't kill me I would normally dole out game kicks for those that are inactive to heavens door, but since I was just as lazy. I'll give those folks a chance. You know who you are, post or be removed.

Luckii - 4 You strike at the bandit, surprising him and dealing a healthy amount of damage. From now on, you will be fighting alongside Belle, your rolls will add up against him.

Dark Soul - 4 You emerge and thankfully, the bathroom is empty. You then decide to leave and enter the corridor. This one seems empty. Though you have no idea where to go next. Although there is an open window in front of you. Do you go left, right, or somewhere else?

Belle - 4 vs Bandit Swordsman - 4 Both of you continually attack only to be parried, it looks like you're both on equal level now. When a hyena/cat/muppet bursts in, you tried to get behind him and stab him in the back. Unfortunately, he wasn't easily defeated, and parried that blow too. Looks like you're going to have to team up with the newcomer to cut him down quickly Belle - 15 vs Bandit Swordsman - 7

Chadwyck - 6 You quickly find a curious concoction lying around on the ground having fallen from a stall shelf. You pick it up, and the label shows a bandage symbol, so it is most likely a health potion. So you drink it, and the results are even better. Your health is increased beyond its maximum capacity, making you much more enduring. Your new maximum health is 30 hitpoints

Dwayna Dragonfire - 5 vs Bandit Brothers - 3 You dash and swing your sword at them, focusing your attacks at the man with the throwing knives, while defending yourself against the man with the axe, the former isn't as tough, and you find no trouble in wounding him with the first two blows. Dwayna Dragonfire - 15 vs Bandit Brothers - 13

After finding both the rest of the stalls and the connected hallway empty, I have three options. Do I follow the hallway left, right, or do I hazard throwing myself through the open window? The latter seem rather ridiculous.

Right, heads for right, tails for left.

Heads.

I take a runner-up and roll through the window.

What is this wonderful drink? I must find more of this, but that can wait. Usually I would stop and pay that poor shop keeper for this strange concoction, but those people in the town hall need my help!

I head back to the town hall feeling refreshed and generally amazing.

I decide that it would be best to try and sneak in from the roof, so up I climb to find a way in without being too conspicuous.

I use my feline agility to try and run him through with my sword, hoping to give an opening for my partner to attack.

Okay, it's been a while I know. School became needy, and when it wasn't needy, I was doing something else or just completely forgetting the existence of this page. I'll try to be better for you guys, but it happens to everybody.

Anyway, I'm just about set to call curtains on this prologue piece and take you all to the main event. First though, we should finish what we've started here. So expect some very half-done action while you go and rescue the damsel in distress. Joining in now is thus a no-no, and you would waste your time doing so anyway. I hope to have this done before this time next week. To make that possible, frivolous things such as combat will be accelerated, as seen with Dwayna below. For now, your only option is to the death, but that will be changed when I'm ready to complicate matters. Nevertheless though, let's get cracking

Dark Soul - 3 Nope, no magic pathway here. You realise this in time and grab at the window again in midair. Heaving yourself back, you're no further than you were before, the same two corridors are on either side. Maybe you will put your faith in something a bit less frivolous this time around.

Chadwyck - 6 You scan the building, and see a series of loose bricks in the wall, followed by ledges, windows and the like. You turn on your eagle vision and scale the wall until you're on the roof. From there, you jump through a small hole. Leading you into a series of floorboards with gaps between them. You peek through and realise that you are in the ceiling above a room. A room where several men in silk cloth are hogtied and gagged. No doubt, the hostages or pigs in disguise. There is a hulking brute of a man in there with them, who you assume to be the leader of this troop of thugs. You could end things right here, one way or another.

Dwayna Dragonfire vs Bandit Brothers
I put the battle contents into this spoiler, from beginning to end, for the sake of tidiness.
4 - 5
1 - 2
2 - 4
3 - 4
2 - 3
1 - 4
4 - 4
3 - 1

The two brothers double team you, intent on trapping you between them to keep you turning around and around to face each one as he attacks. You devote the most energy to the man with the battle axe, and thus throwing knives are constantly being tossed at you, a couple of them piercing through your scales.

5 - 1 - Flourish
Suddenly, the man with the battle axe makes a mistake. He lunges forward with his axe raised, intent on cleaving your head off where you stand, and you see the opening. You use your free hand and grab the hilt of his weapon, and tug, hard enough to send him and yourself reeling backwards. You fall on your back and quickly put your legs into use, pushing him up and over you.

5 - 2 - Flourish Success
The man crashes straight into his ally. Sending them both to the ground in a hopeless mess. You stand up, and take your time as you take your sword and push it through both of them, killing them both.
Dwayna Dragonfire - 7 vs Bandit Brothers - Defeated
Isn't the taste of blood delicious?

Luckii must wait for Belle in order to proceed.

What an extraordinary boon, I mutter a quick thanks to the powers of the light and position myself above the man through the floorboards. I will strike him down where he stands and save the hostages, for great justice.

I speak a prayer over my blade and ask for providence to be with my strike. I attempt to crash through the ceiling above the brutish man and drive my blade through his skull.

bluh, sorry Luckii :'D

NOW IS THE TIME IN WHICH IT IS TIME FOR TEAMWORK
While Luckii's caught the bandit's attention, I'll take a swipe or six at his vitals.
He didn't really need those did he?

Chadwyck - 3 Where are your gods now? Having a cup of tea in space, that's where. So of course none of them heard your prayers. You try to get the jump on him, but the ceiling creaks, and alerts the bandit leader to your presence. Your attempt to strike him down quickly is in vain, and you now have to fight him in full force.
Commencing battle with Bandit Leader - 20

Dark Soul - 1 You tread through the hallway, moving as quickly as you dare. As soon as you reach the corner though, you're jumped upon by a wicked looking man with a mean scythe. He surprises you and swings the hilt of his weapon at your feet, knocking you to the ground. He brings his scythe up high, poised to strike you down where you are. Think Fast!

Luckii - 6 and Belle - 1 Belle is caught off guard by the arrival of the feline creature, but her opponent doesn't hesitate. He takes advantage of her distraction to deliver a grievous wound of 8 hit points. Luckii rushes in with the speed of a cat and drives his own weapon through the man's skull, killing him on the spot. Belle and Luckii are now teamed up, although Belle probably wouldn't hesitate to slit Luckii's throat if he makes a "gallant prince saving a damsel in distress" joke.

I help up my newfound comrade, apologising for my lack of health potions. If I had any, I'd give you some D:

Well, I guess that the only way is up, so I seek for some stairs, or even a ladder. We need to save the hostages!

And I'm a 'uge fuckin' hyena. I ain't no prince charming. And anyone who is willing to slit my throat is certainly not a "damsel in distress"!

Dark Soul - 1 Ohohohohoh, aren't you lucky? Your kick is in vain on the man's feet. The man laughs at your efforts, right before bringing the sickle down upon you. Your head splits open like a melon and blood, brains, and one of your eyeballs spill out and make a mess on the floor. You have been slain and your skull, or what's left of it, will join others in this man's creepy collection.

Luckii once again is waiting for Belle I don't know whether this means Belle's slow, Luckii's fast, or I'm just updating this too often now

This heathen dares to threaten the will of the gods? Very well, then, we shall have to do battle. A sneak attack is not very honorable, after all, I was just in too much a hurry to save the innocents.

I kick at his mid-section and follow with a stab at his stomach while he is hopefully off balance.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Blood is indeed delicious, but there's no time for meals. Loot the bandits quickly, any gold or healing items would be great. After that, I want to make my way through the blaze, hopefully towards the hostages or to find my missing companion (as I have no idea he's dead).

Chadwyck vs Bandit Leader
4 - 4
You kick at him, but he is wearing armour, and he knows how to wear it. Your kick does little to deter him, but it doesn't deter you either. You swing your sword at him, eager to cut him down where he stands. He responds with a swift parry, he knows how to use a sword too.

2 - 6 - Flourish
The man acts tactically, pushing hard against your sword as the two of you make contact, forcing your own weapon to slide out of the way using his strength reserves, he then pulls out quickly, and aims to deliver a head-cleaving blow.
5 - 4 - Flourish Failed
You duck, feeling his blade shave off a few of your hairs, you sidestep and continue your duel with him.
Chadwyck - 26 vs Bandit Leader - 19
(slowing down the combat here compared to Dwayna's last fight, just to give everyone else a fighting chance to catch up)

Dwayna Dragonfire - 4 You find a few bandages on the men, which you use cover up the wounds inflicted on you by the man with the knives. Add 7 hit points. Not wasting time though, you exit the basement and come upon some stairs: a quick ticket to the top floor, where the hostages are probably being held, as long as there aren't any ambushes about to descend upon you.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
How refreshing! :3 With renewed vigor, I quickly ascend the stairs and make sure there aren't any ambushes waiting for me along the way. Let's hope I can help the hostages before the building burns down.

Status
Not open for further replies.