• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Roll to Dodge Adventures ~ Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The PokeMon world has a total of five beautiful regions, each with their own types of PokeMon. Starting off in the Kanto region after Team Rocket and the other big evils have been wiped out of existence, a new threat appears on the horizon. With more aggressive goals than ever before, a strange group of individuals are willing to kill to complete their goals. Will you be able to make it to Unova before these individuals defeat you? Or will you fall into the clutches of this organization and become the ultimate evil? You decide which path to take in this all new adventure of PokeMon: Roll to Dodge!

“Welcome to my lab!” says Professor Oak, now a very old man. “An amazing opportunity has cropped up over the years. The availability of the starter PokeMon has extended to all regions. That means you get to pick whatever starter you want, from whichever region. Choose wisely!”

Rules for rolling are the same as Brendan's thread:

1 - Fail the action miserably. The repercussions are lasting.
2 - Fail the action, but repercussions are short lived.
3 - Pass the action, but with negative side effects.
4 - Pass the action with an average quality, so unscathed.
5 - Pass the action, and get a bonus that can aid you in your quest.
6 - Not just pass the action, overkill it. The positive effects of this are everlasting; you can't go wrong with what happens with a six.

Rules for playing are as follows:

1 – Legendaries cannot be caught, as they are considered to be gods. Instead, they can be prayed to at shrines, in which the player may get a blessing if they get a good roll or a curse if they get a bad roll.
2 – If all PokeMon in a character's party faints, that character will experience a GAME OVER effect akin to the games – they will not be able to continue, but one is able to restart with another character.
3 – Effectiveness of moves will be taken into account. For example Fire is strong against Grass but weak against Water. It deals double damage to Grass types, but takes double damage from Water types.
4 – Attributes of a PokeMon will be random. This includes HP, Level and Gender. Anything else can be decided by the Trainer, as they will have no effect on the rolls.
5 – PokeMon that evolve via Trade will gain the ability to evolve via a 'Trading Stone', available at stores for about 3000 PokeDollars.

Other than that, I'll be giving out starting equipment and updating character sheets as they change. All slots are filled, come back later.

Characters:
Luckii
Trainer Class: Rich Boy
Character #: 1
Money: P$2000
Inventory: 5 PokeBalls
Party:
1) Steven (Charmander), Female, HP: 16/20, Level: 5
Moves: Scratch, Growl
PC: Empty

Shiny Eevee
Trainer Class: Parasol Lady
Party:
1) Red (Squirtle), Male, HP: 23/23, Level: 6
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip
Quest(s): Any 10 berries for a PokeBall or Potion.

JadaStark2015
Trainer Class: Ace Trainer (Female)
Money: P$3000
Inventory: 4 PokeBalls
Party:
1) Lily (Treecko), Female, HP: 6/20 PARALYZED, Level: 5
Moves: Pound, Leer
2) Minun, Male, HP: 4/14, Level: 3
Moves: Growl, Thunder Wave

Tangrow
Trainer Class: Maid (Male)
Money: P$1000
Party:
1) Hideous (Chikorita), Male, HP: 17/20, Level: 5
Moves: Tackle, Growl
2) Pidgey, Female, HP: 1/21, Level: 6
Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack

Chadwyck
Trainer Class: PokeMon Trainer (Female)
Money: P$4500
Inventory: 4 PokeBalls, 1 Potion
Party:
1) Onna (Oshawott), Female, HP: 20/20, Level: 5
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip
2) Sentret, Male, HP: 13/13, Level: 3
Moves: Scratch, Foresight

Dinova2
Trainer Class: Painter (Female)
Inventory: 4 PokeBalls, 1 Oran Berry
Party:
1) Sai (Turtwig), Male, HP: 20/20, Level: 5
Moves: Tackle, Withdraw
2) Kor (Raticate), Male, HP: 22/22, Level: 6
Moves: Swords Dance, Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

HOLY MOTHER OF ANUS YES

I shall be the first to sign up! Presuming signing up is done in a similar way to our other RtD, I shall create a bio!

I am a 16-year-old Rich Boy (It makes me feel important ;_;), and I choose to start with Charmander, whom shall be affectionately named Steven.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Please check the beginning post again for edits, including a new rule about hunger. Don't forget you can pick any starter, not just those from Kanto.

Luckii - 2 You're a Rich Boy at the age of 16, but your parents don't seem the type to spoil you as you need to go to a Professor to get your PokeMon instead of just having them bought for you. Not only that, but your parents only gave you a measly 2000 PokeDollars to start out with - what did you do in your past to make them be so mean?

Irregardless, you get your Charmander and five PokeBalls from Professor Oak. Steven is a very nice name for a girl.

Shiny Eevee - 2 You're a 13-year-old Lass who wants to be a Parasol Lady for reasons unknown. Your parents give you a sum of 2000 PokeDollars - perhaps they are not all that rich, maybe you're trying to be an entertainer?

You get a male Squirtle from Professor Oak, along with 5 PokeBalls. Maybe you'll want to give him a nickname before you head out on your journey.

My parents? Oh, a few weeks ago I forgot to turn the tap off in the bathroom before I went to bed... it was running for 14 hours... my parents were NOT impressed when the water bill came through the letter box.

Anyway, I set out onto Route 1, hoping to do some grinding before arriving in Viridian.

Ohhh!!! I wana join!!!
Ummm I guess I'll be a 17 year old ace trainer.. Can I have a Treecko? hmmm Its Nickname will be Lily if a girl and Blade if a guy.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
He shall be named Red, because Red is an awesome person. :'D

Anyways, let's go on to Route 1 then~ Hopefully I don't run into any other new trainers, because I don't want to battle so soon! D:

I shall be an 18 year old male Maid. And I will start with Chikorita, whose name will be Hideous.

My state of dress is currently unknown.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Luckii - 6 You set off onto Route 1 to do some good old-fashioned grinding. You seem to be in luck, as a rarely seen PokeMon jumps in your way - a Furret! It seems to be holding a small blue berry, but it gets startled by your sudden presence in it's daily life. It quickly turns aggressive.

FIGHT - Furret, Female, HP: 20/20, Level 6

JadaStark - 4 You got the honor of being called an Ace by the age of 17, so I'm guessing you did particularly well in school (and are female, judging by your avatar). You started off just like a regular trainer would, a nice sum of 3000 PokeDollars in your bank account.

You choose Treecko for your starter, whom you name Lily because she's a girl. You get 5 PokeBalls from Professor Oak and well wishes for your journey.

Shiny Eevee - 2 Fate must really hate you right now. You run into a Trainer, but luckily it's not a head-first kind of running into... if that makes sense. He challenges you to a battle.

FIGHT - School Kid Sherman
Party:
1) Pidgey, Male, HP: 18/18, Level: 5

Tangrow - 1 at the ripe old age of 18, you must not have been paid very well at your Maid job, as you only have a measly 1000 PokeDollars. Apparently, at some time in your life you aspired to become a PokeMon trainer, and you decided to finally live out that dream.

You're given a male Chikorita which you swiftly name Hideous, and many tears were had, shame on you. You're also given 5 PokeBalls and quickly shooed out the door by the Professor, he must not like you very much. Maybe because you're obviously male and wearing a female maid outfit.

All my Pokemon cannot be beautiful. Ever.

I stuff Hideous and the other Pokeballs in my Maid Pocket and strike out for gold on Route 1! Or another Pokemon. Whatever. I wear my incredibly flattering maid outfit proudly and get on with the show!

Well what do you know. I'm off to a semi good start. Lets hope my luck lasts. And Yes I am a girl.

I gratefully take Lily and my other pokeballs from the professor and head off to look around town before I head to rout 1. It cant hurt to talk with some people before leaving.

I will be joining as a fifteen year old girl. My hair is blue and I'm wearing a teeshirt and jeans or whatever. I choose an Oshawott as my starter and take off to route 1.

Ohh, Dinova want's to join!

So, I'll be a 16 year old girl painter starting with a turtwig. It will be called Sai, and it willl be mine.(short for Bonsai)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Hunger has been nixed due to the difficulty of keeping track of things in the first place. I was testing it out, but it wasn't working for me. Original 5 rules still apply.

Tangrow - 3 You daintily walk down Route 1, looking for gold or PokeMon. You don't find any gold, but you do find a wild Pidgey pecking at the grass.

FIGHT - Pidgey, Female, HP: 21/21, Level: 6

JadaStark - 3 You decide to see if you can find an useful information around town. A random bystander looks at you, a smile plastered on his face for what might be forever. "Be sure to talk to everyone you see, they might have useful information. You can find PokeMon by running around the tall grass or hitting trees." Typical NPC, giving out information you already know.

Shiny Eevee
6 vs. 4
1 vs. 4
Red hits the Pidgey for 5 damage, and the bird retaliates with it's own tackle, also dealing 5 damage.

Red (Squirtle), Male, HP: 15/20, Level: 5

School Kid Sherman
Pidgey, Male, HP: 13/18, Level: 5

Chadwyck - 5 You're a regular female PokeMon Trainer at the age of 15, wearing your t-shirt and jeans and having blue hair, which apparently your parents don't mind. They don't mind so much that apparently you started out with a generous amount of 4500 PokeDollars, lucky you!

You get 5 Pokeballs and a female Oshawott. You head out on to Route 1 and encounter a Sentret.

FIGHT - Sentret, Male, HP: 13/13, Level: 3

Dinova - 2 You're a female painter of a sort, but you must not be a very good one since you only have 2000 PokeDollars - but that could be due to the fact that you're also only 16 years old. You might've decided that painting wasn't going to be your only passion because of this, and decided to become a PokeMon Trainer.

Professor Oak gives you a male Turtwig and 5 PokeBalls. You affectionately name him Sai.

A Pokemon? I must catch it! And then name it something degrading and destroy its self esteem I MEAN ANYWAY

Hideous, Tackle into it! See if you can't get bonus damage out of being incredibly ugly.

Hmmm Random useless Information? Okay.
Well I guess the town has nothing interesting so I guess I'll head for route 1. Here's to hoping I'll do okay.

Yay, my first pokemon! *huggles Sai*

I put Sai's pokeball in my pocket, instead opting to carry him as I head onto route 1.

Awesome! This is going to be a cake walk with my adorable new friend, who I've decided to name Onna (pronounce Oh-Nah).

I suppose that being a new trainer, with a new Pokemon, I suppose all I've got to start out with is a tackle! Do it, Onna!

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Shiny Eevee
5vs.2
3vs.5
6vs.4
3vs.6
In a quick succession, both PokeMon tackle each other to the brink of death. You're in trouble, but so is School Kid Sherman. What are you going to try to do here to make sure you grasp victory?

Red (Squirtle), Male, HP: 5/20, Level: 5

School Kid Sherman
Pidgey, Male, HP: 3/18, Level: 5

Tangrow
1vs.5
2vs.3
Hideous misses the first tackle, and the Pidgey retaliates with its own tackle. Luckily it's only a glancing blow. 3 damage. The 'ugliness' of your Pokemon does not effect the rolls in any way.

Hideous (Chikorita), Male, HP: 17/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Pidgey, Female, HP: 21/21, Level: 6

JadaStark - 5 You head out onto Route 1, hoping for the best. You walk for a short while before encountering a wild Minun.

FIGHT - Minun, Male, HP: 14/14, Level: 3

Dinova - 6 You walk onto Route 1 with Sai in your arms. You run into a wild Raticate - usually those only appear at night around this area, but this is a special case. It seems to be playing with a small blue berry before you startle it into attacking.

FIGHT - Raticate, Male, HP: 22/22, Level: 6

Chadwyck
5vs.5
3vs.4
Both PokeMon deal glancing blows to each other with Tackles. 2 damage to Onna. Of course, this is more effective on the lower level PokeMon.

Onna (Oshawott), Female, HP: 18/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Sentret, Male, HP: 10/13, Level: 3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I SHALL HOPE I WIN OVER HIM WITH A FINAL TACKLE. If this works, then I'll continue as quickly as I can to the nearest Pokemon center~ Red nuuuu D:

IF THIS SHALL FAIL, THEN I WILL MAKE A NEW CHARACTER. D:<

Hmm.. seeing as I only have Lily with me,I should probably try to catch this Minun. Okay Lily use leer. Then follow up with a pound.
(No-one else seems to be lowering stats.. Also Minun is such a cute pokemon and at lvl 3 it only has two moves.. >.> Now if only there was a Plusle near by.. that would be amazing~)

A Furret, you say? By jove, this is perfect! I shall catch it!

Steven, bring this majestic beast down with your magnificent talons! (*use Scratch*)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'll be busy over the weekend, so please forgive me if it takes all day to make an update - but hopefully I'll be able to get on early morning.

Shiny Eevee
6vs.2
5 - You manage to scrape by the skin of your teeth, winning against School Kid Sherman. He cries a little bit, but all's fair in love and war PokeMon. 250 Poke Dollars is added to your account for winning the battle, and Red levels up! Gain 3 HP.

You run to the nearest PokeMon Center without any problems, which just so happens to be in Viridian City. Red is healed to full health by the machine, and Nurse Joy gives you a smile and well wishes for your journey.

PokeMon Centers are quest hubs. There is a cork board with slips of paper from PokeMon trainers looking for something. More likely than not, they are quests for PokeMon trades, but some people are looking for items and are willing to trade good items in return. You might even get a little extra cash for something simple. If you want to do a job for somebody, pick from a category of Easy, Medium, or Hard.

Easy is strongly suggested for beginning trainers.

JadaStark
5vs.3
3vs.4
4vs.3
1vs.1
Lily's Leer is successful, making your attacks more damaging. +2 to damage vs. Minun. Minun uses Thunder Wave, paralyzing Lily. 50% chance of failure. Seems to have a bit of an effect, as Lily only deals a glancing blow - but the Leer enhances the damage irregardless. The Minun fails to Growl sufficiently in Lily's direction.

Lily (Treecko), Female, HP: 20/20 PARALYZED, Level: 5

FIGHT - Minun, Male, HP: 9/14, Level: 3

Dinova
4vs.1
2vs.5
Your tackle is successful, but the Raticate Tackles right back, dealing 5 damage both ways.

Sai (Turtwig), Male, HP: 15/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Raticate, Male, HP: 17/22, Level: 6

Luckii
4vs.3
5vs.3
Steven deals 4 damage to the Furret, and lucky enough for you, it seems disoriented enough that it's own Scratch misses.

Steven (Charmander), Female, HP: 20/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Furret, Female, HP: 16/20, Level 6

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Shiny Eevee - 3 You find a lame quest involving trading berries for other items. "Find me any ten berries for a PokeBall or Potion." You scribble down the name and number for your purposes. It's a really crappy quest, but you guess you'll take anything. Now where to find these berries?

Luckii
3vs.3
2vs.5
Steven deals a glancing blow, and the Furret tackles back, this time hitting for full damage. 4 damage to Steven.

Steven (Charmander), Female, HP: 16/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Furret, Female, HP: 14/20, Level 6

JadaStark
6vs.5
5vs.2
3+1 You deal another glancing blow to the Minun, and it fails to Growl in your direction again. Because it's at low HP, you get a bonus to catching it, which ends up working in your favour. You catch the Minun, and any nicknames you wanted to give him or not will be sorted.

1) Lily (Treecko), Female, HP: 20/20 PARALYZED, Level: 5

Chadwyck
5vs.4
1vs.5
4vs.1
1vs.2
Onna pulls off a successful Tail Whip. +2 damage to Sentret. Sentret Scratches Onna full on for 4 damage that turn. Onna attacks back for a whopping 7 damage, whilst this seems to disorient it enough for it to miss Onna entirely.

Onna (Oshawott), Female, HP: 14/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Sentret, Male, HP: 3/13, Level: 3

Tangrow
5vs.1
1vs2.
Hideous hits the Pidgey this time, which apparently makes it miss him on the next turn.

Pidgey, Female, HP: 16/21, Level: 6

Dinova
5vs.1
3vs.4
Both of you deal damage to each other again, leaving both worse for wear, but luckily the Raticate only left a glancing blow. 3 damage.

Sai (Turtwig), Male, HP: 12/20, Level: 5

FIGHT - Raticate, Male, HP: 12/22, Level: 6

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I ask around to see how I can get berries in these parts. I think it's a neat job, especially if I can get a potion or Pokeball.

Hang on Sai, we're almost there! Tackle it one more time!

After this I'll throw a pokeball at the ratticate

Perfect! Great job, Onna, now to try and get this thing in our party! I throw a Pokeball and hope that we've got a new addition to the team.

Ha!! I caught a Minun!!! Hmm.. I'll have to think of a nickname later..
I'll head to the next town to heal my pokemon. Its no use being paralyzed and having low health.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Yes Tangrow, Chikorita's other move is Growl. I added the moves of each PokeMon to the character list underneath their stats. I also change the character sheets every time there's an update, so if anyone ever has trouble keeping track, feel free to look there.

Tangrow
6vs.4
5vs.2
Hideous deals a successful Tackle to the Pidgey, which disorients it further and causes it to miss entirely.

Pidgey, Female, HP: 11/21, Level: 6

Shiny Eevee - 3 You find a random NPC in the crowd. "You can find berries on any route. All you have to do is search for them!" You suppose this could be considered as useful information, so I guess you thank the guy who's face is plastered with a smile. He never stops smiling, it's pretty creepy.

Dinova
1vs.3
6vs.3
The Raticate gets the jump on you with a Quick Attack, dealing 4 damage. Sai tackles the Raticate full on in retaliation.

6 You don't even need a bonus with this roll, because you definitely caught the Raticate. Oh and guess what? The berry it was holding is now yours. Oran Berry obtained. Give your new companion a nickname if you want to.

Sai (Turtwig), Male, HP: 8/20, Level: 5
Raticate, Male, HP: 7/22, Level: 6

Chadwyck - 2+1 You're lucky you got a bonus from the low hit points, because otherwise you would be one PokeBall short without a new Sentret. You can give him a nickname if you want to, your choice.

Onna (Oshawott), Female, HP: 14/20, Level: 5
Sentret, Male, HP: 3/13, Level: 3

JadaStark - 1 You fail to make much progress towards the next town because you are soon accosted by a Trainer looking for a battle.

FIGHT - School Kid Danny
1) Jynx, Female, HP: 21/21, Level: 5

1) Lily (Treecko), Female, HP: 20/20 PARALYZED, Level: 5

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Fien, let's look for some darned berries on these routes. :D
Actually no, first, I shall go to the Pokemart and see what's on sale~ Hopefully I might be able to get a parasol for cheap. ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.