• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Robberys

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title says it all, has your neighbourhood had any robberys lately?

I set up this thread becuase of something that had happened in my life two years back now. It was the summer holidays and my parents were out of town for two weeks. It was about 10 PM, A week and 3 days since my parents had left and I was playing my playstation full blast when these two guys came through my door, held me down and forced me into a REAL straight jacket, then they used leg cuffs and connected me to my bed, then finally they taped a sock in my mouth and left me there. I was there for three days before my parents came home, so I had to sleep like that. When my parents came home they found most of their expensive ornaments missing, but I didn't realize for ages cuase' I was filling my body full of food and water again.

P.S: I just looked on ebay you can buy Hand and Leg Cuffs, not sure about straightjackets though but then again this was two years ago.

How the EFF did you even survive? Normal people would have died after three days without water.

Anyway, my at least more plausible story was four years ago, when our house was broken into and robbed. The guy did a crappy job of it though, leaving hand prints all over the walls, and was seen by my sister when she woke up and saw him as he scampered out the window. He still managed to get away.

Then ironically, the man came back two months later, high on drugs, and in broad daylight. The same sister who saw him that night was home with our maid, and he grabbed my sister from behind, then my sister kicked him where it hurt, ran with the maid to the neighbors, and called the police. They were nearby, so the guy was caught in no time.

So yeah, we managed to get our stolen stuff back, and it also prompted my parents to get a dog. So in the end, I'm not really sure whether this was a good thing or a bad thing.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Leaf, I'm afraid your story... just doesn't hold up for many reasons. Let's list some.

1) One of the most obvious points that raises suspicion is the fact that they used a straight jacket. Why bother? It's much quicker and easier to just tie someone to a chair or something, rather than forcing them into a jacket. And even you mentioned that straight jackets are pretty damn hard to find, so... why go to the trouble?

2) You also claim the crooks were never caught... despite using their own straightjacket and hand/footcuffs... which would probably have had their prints all over them. Even disregarding that, judging by their extreme lack of logic with the straight jacket, they'd probably make a huge mess of covering their tracks. Forensics would have a field day - and for a case as severe as this, I'd be surprised if they didn't get called.

3) If you had your PlayStation on full blast, the guys probably wouldn't have come in anyway - although they probably would have cased the place and realised your parents were out, I doubt they'd try and rob your house if they knew you were there... just in case. And the fact that you claim they had came with handcuffs and a straight jacket proved that they would have been prepared, so I'd find it difficult to believe it was an unplanned operation.

4) And here's one of the most blindingly obvious reasons... you were tied to a bed, with a sock in your mouth, for three days. No food, no water, no ability to move at all. Now, I don't claim to know a massive amount about the human body, but I think the chances are fair that you could have easily died there. Similarly, if you had gotten out, you would have spent the next week in hospital just recovering from it: an ordeal like that would have done a good deal of damage to your body no matter which way you cut it. Just drinking "bottleloads of water" wouldn't have helped - introducing fluids back into your body that quickly could case more harm than good..

The problem is that I have been on the internet far too long to take this sort of thing at face value. It happens so often - fake deaths and troublesome pregnancies, and usually just to gain attention. If your story is true, I have the utmost sympathy for you. If it's not - and to me, that's the most likely situation - then I also have sympathy for you, but only because you feel the need to post shock stories on forums such as this one to get attention.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
bardul-1.jpg

Just to clarify, it's generally stated that if you are left without water for 3 days, you will die. Also, one of the symptoms of severe dehydration is extreme fatigue - you would not be able to move at all after 3 days of no water since your body would be far too weak to even stand up.

Just had to add my two cents to this.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
3/4 days, depends on the person. Even less depending on your environment. This happened in the summer. Three days in a room without moving, in the summer, in a straitjacket.. Yeah. Unless your parents pay for AC 24/7, you, sir, would've been dead by the time they got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.