• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rising Darkness

((OOC: Sorry for the lateness... or the quality... I want my character to stand out just a little more, all considering.))

Kazea's carefully trained gaze hedged off to the left, watching as Alex left the newly established campsite to go patrol with Demeter. His already shadowed figure swept past the line of trees, his tense form becoming corrupted in darkness as he slinked away.

Then was she really taken by surprised. Damian soon shot up, he's face for once stone serious and unwavering as the black clad male followed the footsteps of the male before him, silent to his intentions, and nether Kazea or Serenity making a move to confront him.

In about an hour, they would be moving along again, so Kazea eagerly clung to the time of repose that had been offered; sitting comfortably against a nearby rock that was close to the crackling warn dance that was the campfire. The jade-eyed trainer sighed, tired and stressed.

Teto was snugly curled up to Kazea's right, her tail a scarf to the evening air and her head in her paws. The ice-type had been at it for so long, nobody could blame her for settling so easily. Her small diamond ears gently rested down, yet still up enough to perk to any suspicious noise.

Terasu was in a similar phase of rest curled to Serenity's left, her forked tail swishing lazily back and forth; indicating her still awake and alert mind. Her trainer seemed less of awake in comparison, yawning quietly before rubbing her eyes.

Suddenly, a white flash of light burst forth from Damian's belt; which he had left behind to be kept under watch by the two females. The white light twisted and turned until Nimbus was visible, shaking himself off like a canine out of water to rid his body of the stuffy environment he had been in. The electric fox trotted over to Kazea and promptly sat before her, pawing her lap. "Jol, jol!"

Kazea blushed when she heard Serenity try and suppress a laugh, though failing in every way. Shaking her head, the young trainer looked to Nimbus again, her features unwillingly softening when she noticed his happy demeanor. "Nimbus, I don't think Damian would be happy to know you can let yourself out of your Pokeball."

Nimbus only let his eyes slip closed, a slight flush streaking across his face before he padded her lap again, clearly wanting to cuddle. "Jolt!"

Sighing, Kazea brushed the little tuft of hair on Nimbus' head back, laughing slightly when the soft fur sprung back up into perfect place. "Okay, you can come up," she murmured gently, opening her arms in welcome.

The Jolteon wasted no time, crawling into Kazea's lap and perking up his head for a good ear rub. He really knew how to appeal well on the jade-eyed trainer's good side, that much was certain; Kazea already loved the electric Eeveelution.

As Kazea went about running the palm of her right hand over Nimbus, the two missing trainers returned, both looking stern, though Damian more shattered of heart then Alex.

Said younger male decided to patrol around the campsite a bit more to exercise Demeter; Alex occasionally reappearing and taking a break, but more or less he was out in the woods walking. He was, currently, still patrolling.

Damian simply sat on his own, far enough to be out of earshot for anything Kazea and Serenity had to say. He'd paused before that when he noticed Nimbus, but after the girl holding him had simply shrugged he decided to not question it and thank her for being nice enough to take care of him.

It was quiet for awhile, but the person who broke the silence took Kazea by surprise.

"You know, I admire that you can attract love in a Pokemon so easily."

Kazea's head shot up, a flush evident and a scowl on her face, ready to deny the claim. However, Serenity had been the one to speak, and she suddenly didn't want to snap. "…T-thanks, I guess. I really do like Nimbus."

The brunette smiled in turn at Kazea's calmed response. "Since we are taking a break, would you like to talk? It would help keep me awake while we relax, at least until we have to move along."

Kazea took in the words carefully, and soon she nodded. Her mind buzzed with so many questions, Serenity was a Dragon Tamer… and Kazea had studied the ways of such trainers back home in Sootopolis. It was awkward, really, that she was the only foreigner amongst the group.

Serenity touched a finger to her lip in thought, trying to think of something to talk about. Surprisingly, her chain of thought was answered as Kazea started the conversation.

"So… you've been in the Dragon's Den before, right?," the mint tressed trainer asked slowly, trying not to sound childish, though anyone could see the spark of excitement in her jade eyes.

Serenity was able to anyway, and she laughed before raising an eyebrow. "Well, yes. I have," she stated simply, making her tone one that prodded for a further explanation of the question.

Kazea colored a bit more, hedging her gaze to nothing in particular as she continued. She hated sounding less mature then she felt, but it was hard not to be filled with such feeling when in the presence of someone worth respecting.

"I... I've always wanted to see it… to gaze upon the true haven for the Dragon type," she said quietly, but audible enough so the brunette could hear her.

Smiling, and caving on the desire to keep her enthusiasm in check, Kazea looked directly into Serenity's face for the very first time, her eyes rounding with wonder.

"What is it like? The Dragon's Den, I mean," the jade-eyed female queried, her voice uplifted by her interest as she continued to smother Nimbus in affection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serenity paused when both Alex and Demeter stalked off, directly after setting up the temporary camp site. Raw irritation was visible in his stride, annoyance clearly sparking in his icy blue eyes. The young Dragon Tamer hesitated, watching his almost rigid form disappearing into the dark shroud. A small sigh escaped her lips, shaking her head. It seemed that their continued presence was only succeeding in making the hardened Trainer further irked. But in his condition, if he ran off he'd only be injured again.

Her gaze flicked back to their other male companion, hearing the fallen twigs snapping under his boots when he began walking. The second black clad trainer soon vanished in turn, apparently going after Alex.

The crackling campfire suddenly let loose a rain of orange sparks when a sleek yellow and white Jolteon appeared in a flash of white light, his own golden sparks causing the flames to flare. Nimbus suddenly shook like a soaked Mightyena, before cheerfully trotting over to Kazea as Serenity lowered herself to the ground a few feet from the mint haired Trainer. His small paws lightly padded across the sparse clearing, barely audible aside from the few twigs and fallen leaves that were crunched under his hard black pads. "Jol, jol!" Nimbus pleaded, almost whimpering while staring up at the young woman endearingly.

Serenity chuckled after a moment, failing to suppress it at the Jolteon's expression. Kazea glanced up, half way through stroke Teto's slick pale blue pelt. The jade eyed Trainer blushed when Nimbus began pawing at her lap, a low whine coming from his throat as she looked back to him. "Nimbus, I don't think Damian would be happy to know you can let yourself out of your Pokeball," Kazea acknowledged softly, smiling reluctantly at his antics.

The clearly cuddle-bug of a pokemon's eyes slid closed, his vivid goldenrod fur somehow darkening to a coppery color in the equivalent of a flush. "Jolt," Nimbus tried again, lightly touching his paw to her lap again.

Serenity smiled slightly, especially at Nimbus's unruly tresses when Kazea tried to brush them down with her palm. "Okay, you can come up," she relented, the white clad young woman opening her arms for him. The Jolteon promptly complied, raising his head towards her as he settled down in Kazea's lap again.

The brunette shrugged after a moment, leaning back as she lightly touched the fading jaw marks on Terasu's back. They seemed to be healing swiftly after Joyce had put the ointment on them, at least. "… Is something on your mind?" the slender Espeon queried, swishing her forked tail back and forth as she glanced up at Serenity.

"… Not really …" Serenity returned quietly, her quiet voice barely audible even to Terasu's sensitive hearing. "… We just need to get to Ecruteak soon … Otherwise things could get out of hand, and far too quickly …"

"… Yes. That I understand all to well … What of our new companions? Are they to remain accompanying us?"

"… I do not know," the brunette murmured, gently rubbing behind the fennec pokemon's lavender ears. A slight purr became audible, drifting through the night and over the fire's persistent noise. Serenity glanced up upon hearing their male companion's return, Terasu's ears twitching.

Damian slowly walked past them, his usually vibrant stride now considerably more demure. His aquamarine blue gaze paused on the feminine duo, before nodding to Kazea in acknowledgment that she was tending to Nimbus. The black clad Trainer then slinked off to the side, just out of earshot for them. Though, not to the point where Terasu couldn't keep tabs on him. The female Espeon's lilac gaze was trained on Damian, mildly curious when Alex strode past the trio.

The icy eyed Trainer remained aloof as he made his wide girth of a patrol ring around the temporary campsite, almost avoiding all three of them. Serenity suppressed a sigh, combing her fingers through her umber tresses. At that rate he would reopen his wounds, yet again. It had been embarrassing enough the first time she had to bandage them, especially under his scrutiny. To make matters worse, she was entirely out of bandages so she couldn't rewrap his chest or even begin wrapping her arm. But, what was done was done. Her own pale cerulean gaze trailed over to Kazea when she heard her chuckle.

Nimbus was now playfully pawing at the air, thoroughly enjoying a simple belly-rub. Adoration clearly radiated from the Jolteon, his paws waving in the cool night air. "… You know, I admire that you can attract love in a Pokemon so easily," Serenity said after a moment, smiling.

Kazea's head jerked up, startled. Scarlet tinged her expression, her serene features marred by a fierce scowl. Yet her blush deepened when she realized who had spoken, her soft jade eyes falling back to the friendly Jolteon in her lap. "… T-thanks, I guess. I really do like Nimbus," she shrugged, running her fingers down the said Pokemon's currently soft fur.

Serenity smiled at Kazea's response, watching the mint haired Trainer. Calm, collected. Though Kazea had a bit of a temper, though reasonably displayed, she seemed to be one of the more responsible of a good portion of Trainers she'd encountered. "Since we're taking a break, would you like to talk? It would help keep me awake while we're relaxing, at least until we move along," the brunette admitted, stretching.

The slightly younger woman nodded after a moment, though the awkward hesitancy tinged her expression and movements. "So … You've been in the Dragon's Den before, right?"

She paused, brow arching. "Well, yes. I have," Serenity offered quietly, curious. Her hand lightly touched Freyr's crystal blue storage sphere, silently recalling his hatching. A slight smile touched her lips, her pale cerulean gaze softening further.

Kazea's own gaze was sparked with curiosity, a bit livened despite her weariness as it moved aimlessly around the temporary campsite. "I … I've always wanted to see it … To gaze upon the true haven for the Dragon type," the white clad Trainer mused, barely audible. Her gaze flicked back up, actually meeting the Dragon Tamer's mildly curious eyes. "What is it like? Dragon's Den, I mean."

Serenity's hand fell from the glazed pokeball after a moment, tilting her head back. Stars speckled the night sky, the remaining full moon still providing a vast amount of pale light. "… It's not quite what one would expect, being called a Den. The area acts as home for Dragons and dragon kin alike. There is a spot where the stronger, unruly dragons reside however …" the brunette said softly, listening to the steady, almost inaudible beats of wings on the cool night air. Flocks of Hoothoot, Noctowl and Murkcrow were navigating the sky, barely visible dots. A slight breeze swept into the clearing, toying with their garments and unbound tresses as the fire leapt after it.

A small sigh escaped both her's and Kazea's lips, finding it refreshing. Yet the other Trainer seemed to be drinking it in, not just enjoying it. "So … What is done about those Dragons?" she queried, glancing back towards the young Tamer.

"To be deemed worthy, one must succeed in taming one. Some just hatch unruly, whilst others develop the trait like other pokemon. But … I rather grew up in the Den," Serenity said, shrugging. "What about you, Kazea?"

The mint haired Trainer shrugged, nonchalant. "I'm from Sootopolis in Hoenn," Kazea said simply, now digging through one of her pouches. When her right hand reemerged from it, an odd contraption was visible in the firelight. It was square and slender, with a small circle and rotator. With a slight shake, a small blue cube fell from it. "Here, try giving this to Terasu," she said, smiling as she dropped it in Serenity's palm.

"… Okay. What is it?" Serenity asked, offering the smooth food to the feminine Espeon.

"It smells good, at least," Terasu commented to both of them as she delicately sniffed it, nodding to the Kazea in thanks.

The white clad Trainer chuckled. "It's a PokeBlock. Go ahead, its safe to eat," Kazea said quietly, nodding in return. Terasu's forked tail swished once in silent response, before taking the offered treat.

"… This is rather good."

Serenity smiled at Terasu's ‘tone', which consisted of mild surprise and thorough enjoyment. "How do you make these?" she inquired after a moment, seeing how much her Psychic fox appreciated the unexpected gift.

"Well, there are several different types of berries to makes the Blocks from. That was made out of a Chesto berry, which enhances beauty when the Blocks are eaten regularly. There are numerous types of berries, though. Between Hoenn and Sinnoh, I think there are over thirty-two varieties," Kazea said quickly, almost sounding flustered.

The brunette nodded, taking it to mean that there was a slim chance of finding them in Johto unless imported. She paused, pushing herself up as Alex rejoined them. "… Terasu … I don't suppose that you can feel anything?" she asked quietly, nodding slowly to Damian and Kazea. The eerie feeling of being watched was slowly slithering down her spine like an Ekans, her eyes sweeping over the surrounding treeline.

"A bit of something … Why do you ask?"

"… Dark types, then …" she murmured, her stare still boring into the trees. Faint sounds drifted through the leaves, an occasional snap audible. Amber eyes were occasionally visible, flicking into sight, almost glowing in the firelight. A single black pup slowly emerged, sniffing the air.

The young Houndour was barely Terasu's height, its short tail wagging. Its tan muzzle and moist black nose was almost touching the ground now, the tail stilled. The Dark Fire puppy suddenly threw its head back, a sharp howl cutting through the air.

A strangled oath suddenly escaped Damian's lips, causing both himself and Kazea to scramble to their feet. "Kumara, Aurora!" he suddenly called out, releasing his remaining two Eon siblings. His aquamarine gaze flicked to Kazea, gratefully noting that she was now holding Nimbus in her arms.

"What now?" Alex snapped as Serenity slung her backpack across a shoulder, glaring daggers at Damian.

"You think that's wild? Ha. Apparently they found my scent," Damian retaliated, returning the fierce glower he was receiving. "Now grab onto each other and move — Things are about to get very ugly, and very thick," the black clad Trainer practically ordered, sighing.

"I can do ugly," Kazea pointed out tactfully, less than appreciative of her skills being ignored. One hand was now grasping a pokeball, awkwardly balancing Nimbus on one arm.

"Just go, before a wild pack arrives."

Serenity sighed, half turning. The ruby in Terasu's forehead glinted as she stood, her lilac gaze moving around them. "… Too late …" Four large black and tan canines suddenly bounded into the area, followed by nearly a dozen of the equally eager Houndour.

Alex cursed under his breath, before begrudgingly moving closer to Kazea and Serenity. "And what do you have in mind, O Mighty One?" he inquired coolly, sarcasm dripping from his tone. The entire pack was now crouched into an offensive position, low growls rumbling from their throats.

The black clad Trainer simply nodded to his Eon siblings. Kumara's heated bronze-colored tail lazily flicked back and forth, his black eyes glinting in anticipation. Flamethrower suddenly exploded from the Flareon's mouth when he opened it, scorching the dirt around them. Any fallen leaves or twigs were immediately consumed by the inferno, blistering heat quickly taking the area around them.

Houndoom and Houndour alike began moving forward, undeterred. Aurora suddenly lashed out in an attack of her own as Kumara moved back.

Hydro Pump dosed the sizzling area as a shimmering Aqua Ring appeared, protecting the moist Pokemon from the remaining heat as she then focused on the actual campfire. Darkness overtook them. Steam exploded into the night.

(OoC: Wow ... Long post. Almost novel-sized considering this is an RP, XD. Well, I hope that you guys find it likable. ^_^ )

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
(OoC: Well…after about five different ideas and nearly two weeks, my post is finally up. I mean, it's not very good, and I apologize for that, but atleast I finally finished.)

A whirlwind of activity overtook what had previously been a calm clearing. A thick layer of mist enveloped the clearing and the surrounding forest. A number of growls ripped through the foggy mist and were quickly followed by numerous jets of fire. Thinking on raw survival instinct, Alex turned and ran. He held a now fully conscious Demeter to his chest even tighter then before.

The dark-haired trainer bolted into the misty woods, and set off in any random direction. The foliage was thick and it slowed him down considerably, and his extreme fatigue was not helping in the slightest. Alex cursed himself, he'd been monitoring the area, yet they'd be come hunted prey. Then, as if on cue, a ferocious growl sounded to left of him and was the only warning Alex got before a stream of fire burnt through a tree that. Alex looked over his shoulder and could tell that if he had been a step slower, he'd be dead. Luckily though, this sudden kick of adrenaline from nearly dieing, for what seemed like the hundredth time in a few days, willed him to go even faster.

As he ran, fire continued to nip past Alex, singing his clothes and hair, but never doing any serious damage. What seemed like a few hundred Houndour and Houndoom chasing Alex ran him further and further into the woods; as another jet of fire shot and narrowly missed him, it suddenly became clear what the fire dogs were trying to do. They weren't trying to hit him, they were playing with him, and they were getting a great joy out of this. Alex took a few angry breaths, he was nobody's play-thing, and he was certainly ready to prove that to these mutts.

Alex quickly looked to his right, then left. He took note of two Houdooms and three Houndours easily keeping pace with him, darting about the many trees with incredible ease and occasionally letting a would-be deadly attack loose. A crooked grin spread across Alex's, it was his turn to be the hunter.

Suddenly, and much to his predator's surprise, Alex vanished. The pack of Dark Pokemon continued on for a short distance before realizing that their prey was no longer were it had been; they had a small fit of confusion, but they soon began to sniff around for Alex's scent again.

The largest of the wild beasts suddenly caught their prey's scent again and barked out commands to his brethren. The other dogs nodded and were off in the opposite direction they'd be traveling. The Alpha Male snarled menacingly, flames escaping from the edges of his mouth, he was not about to be bested by a simple human. The Houndoom let out a mighty roar and bounded after his pack mates and easily overtook them.

The hunting group came to stop around a large Oak tree, large branches hung down from it, making it easy to climb. The Fire-types began to slowly circle the massive tree, small snatches of fire occasionally escaping between their barred teeth. The Alpha slowly circled, the movement they could detect in the tree only further cemented what they already knew, their prey was in this tree and they'd be fully willing to wait him out if necessary.

An over-enthused, young Houndour suddenly charged at the base of the Oak and bounded about halfway up it, shooting a thick current of fire up into the heart of the tree. The adolescent Pokemon managed to singe off a good portion of the leaves. The others of his pack roared in approval as the youthful Houndour slid down the tree.

The Pack suddenly grew quiet as they heard a few twigs break, then some small branches, and then, much to their surprise, some huge branches. The Dark Pokemon watched as a form crashed through the foliage of the Oak Tree and hurtled towards the ground. However, this form was not the slight form they'd be chasing; it was a massive, hulking thing that seemed to pick up immense amounts of speed as it fell. Never the less, they predators prepared to strike with deadly force.

However, they never got the chance to; as soon as the hairy bulk of mass hit the ground, a massive tremor shook the earth violently. Far too fiercely for something his size, the quake sent the Houndours and Houndooms flying across the clearing. They let out yelps of pain and some fled immediately, others didn't have that option and were badly wounded from the violent Earthquake.

A massive furry, pig-like Pokemon stood at the base of a now uprooted Oak Tree and looked around at the surrounding destroyed forest. The Piloswine simply sauntered off in his own random direction before he was enveloped in a red light. He went up into the sky, and came to a rest in the Pokeball in the hand of his trainer, Alex.

The blue-eyed trainer smirked to and put Baal's Ball away. He grabbed a hold of his Murkrow's legs and hopped from tree branch to tree branch, Nyx giving him sufficient enough lift to make it across the gaps.

Alex was suddenly unsure of where to head, back to the camp, or off on his own? He reasoned that it was highly improbable that the others would be at the camp still. Alex could head towards Ecruteak, seeing as that is where they were headed, but what would be his reasoning for that? He wasn't particularly close with any of them, for obvious reasons, and plus, he was still had his own goals to accomplish.

And yet, Alex still owed a debt to Serenity and Kazea, and he always repaid his debts. A lesson that he'd learnt from his older brother, just like most of the things he knew. Alex cursed under his breath, "…Damn you, Gabriel." With that, he changed his course and set off to see if he could find his new comrades.

(OoC: Straight up terrible, right? Sorry again.)

Kazea coughed and hacked as the thick steam seemed to disperse out in a heavy veil. It was hard to breathe, let alone move. There was yapping, growling, footsteps, and yelling. One thing was clear, nothing was going correctly lately. The humid moisture hanging in the air clung to her skin and hair as Kazea backed up into a tree, trying to breathe through her sleeve. Her eyes were clamped shut, the steam stung them too much to leave them open. Too make matters worse, her own body was already leeching itself of energy; her knees already shaking under the pressure of standing up.

Suddenly, a hand reached out and snagged Kazea by the arm. She was quickly on the run to who knows where by who knows who. The steam barricaded her face as she let this person pull her, as if trying to stop Kazea from leaving. As soon as the heated mist was behind her though, all panic was replaced with relief. It was Serenity who was leading her away, Damian not far behind; Teto, Terasu, and the three other Eon Siblings padding at a good pace behind their heels.

"Whatever you do, keep running! Do not stop for any reason and stay together", Serenity yelled out, obviously forcing a calm over her voice. She appeared to be talking to everyone, but for some reason it felt more directed at Kazea then Damian... or... Alex...?

That's when Kazea noted that the icy-eyed Trainer wasn't there, his presence perhaps back with the Houndour and lesser Houndoom that had lead the pack. She wanted to speak up, to tell Serenity Alex hadn't followed along, but her mouth wouldn't open. She was already almost tripping as it is. It helped that she was out of the steam and recovering, but the process was indeed slower healing then it was when hurting.

They ran for hours it seemed, hearing the howls and spits of fire behind them. Teto and Terasu were beginning to waver from fatigue, even Nimbus who was normally so fleet of foot. Damian muttered a small strangled oath as he struggled to return his Pokemon to their spherical containers while running. Eventually the trio was safe inside their Pokeballs, but that solved nothing of their pursuer problem. The steam had wiped off most of their scent, but the noise they were making trying to run was tipping off the demon dogs sensitive ears.

The shining red gem on Terasu's forehead glinted abruptly, shining like a red star for the faintest of moments as her eyes shone. "I shall play a trick on these pups. My powers will confuse them for a small time. They shall continue to run in circles. However, it is not forever that my spell will last."

The Tamer, still hauling Kazea long by her arm, flashed the fennec catlike Pokemon a look of pure gratitude, to which the Espeon merely nodded.

Damian halted, as he had moved in front of them. The two females stopped due to his pause, and before Serenity could inquire heatedly, he pointed ahead. "...Ecruteak."

The town was indeed at the perfect view. The mystical city spread out as if calling and beckoning for their eyes to gaze upon it. It was only a short distance from the small cliff they were looking at it from. A good run from the enemy had paid off after all.

Damian smirked and was about to set off when Kazea sat on a nearby rock and spoke. "Alex... he's not here."

The two trainers whipped their heads in every direction, clearly disbelieving. However, their faces became grimmer as the realization began more accurate. Alex had indeed been separated. None of them could say anything, all clearly thinking that the Houndour or Houndoom had torn him apart.

Kazea winced suddenly, turning the other Trainers attention towards her. Her head was ringing with an all too dreadful familiar hum. It burned her inner hearing, like a Meowth sharping its claws upon a boulder. She put her hands to her forehead, grabbing at her bangs to try and lessen the feeling with pain.

"Kazea, what is wrong with you? Are you sick, your face is pale...", Serenity asked from wherever she was now standing. Unfortunately, the jade-eyed Trainer just couldn't concentrate enough to tell, answer, or let alone register her question.

As soon as the dizziness came, Kazea knew... it was another useless vision; a Zephyr Hymn.

Damian and Serenity could only watch with their jaws about to drop as Kazea's soft jade eyes lit up with a glow. Her aura exploding as the vision began to play in her head.

----------​

The ravaging pack of Houndour, who had clearly been chasing them before were all gathered around a large oak tree, barking and spiting embers out at the grass.

The canines suddenly grew quiet as they heard a few twigs break, then some small branches, and then, much to their surprise, some huge branches. The Dark Pokemon watched as a form crashed through the foliage of the Oak Tree and hurtled towards the ground. However, this form was not the slight form they'd be chasing; it was a massive, hulking thing that seemed to pick up immense amounts of speed as it fell. Never the less, they predators prepared to strike with deadly force.

However, they never got the chance to; as soon as the hairy bulk of mass hit the ground, a massive tremor shook the earth violently. Far too fiercely for something his size, the quake sent the Houndours and Houndooms flying across the clearing. They let out yelps of pain and some fled immediately, others didn't have that option and were badly wounded from the violent Earthquake.

A massive furry, pig-like Pokemon stood at the base of a now uprooted Oak Tree and looked around at the surrounding destroyed forest. The Piloswine simply sauntered off in his own random direction before he was enveloped in a red light. He went up into the sky, and came to a rest in the Pokeball in the hand of his trainer, Alex.

The blue-eyed trainer smirked to and put Boreas' Ball away. He grabbed a hold of his Murkrow's legs and hopped from tree branch to tree branch, Nyx giving him sufficient enough lift to make it across the gaps.

----------​

Just like that, Kazea was snapped back to reality, the faces of Damian and Serenity looking back at her; both dumbstruck and... even slightly afraid. The mint haired female stared with ashamed eyes, turning away from their prodding glares whilst trying to force back a tear of embarrassment.

"Alex... he's okay. He's going to find us again any minute...*, she stated dryly, though her teary tone was cracking through her voice.

As if on cue, Alex suddenly burst for from the treetops. Nyx landed on his shoulder, a small smile along the Dark Bird's beak. The icy-eyed Trainer was about to speak, but Damian had become tired of avoiding the all too obvious.

"W-wait a second! Kazea, you knew Alex was going to come didn't you! How the hell is that possible?! What are you hiding?!," he spat harsher then intended. He held a pointed finger up at her as he stared her down, trying to break the truth from her by the means of pressure.

Kazea just growled, an angry frustrated tear finally rolling down her cheek from all the stress, its watery path clearly visible in the moonlight. "I don't need to tell you anything! It's none of your business!", she retorted, venom laced within her voice.

Damian was far from though, his ire only fueled by her acid response. He began question her with more then his fair share of confused angry words while Serenity and Alex merely watched on; the dark haired Trainer completely unaware of what had happened.

Serenity's booted feet pounded the forest ground, every step painfully audible to her. Making it clear that their pursuers could clearly distinguish each movement. She swallowed, taking in deep breaths of the thick, muggy air as she ran, adjusting her grip on Kazea's arm.

The mint haired maiden seemed barely able to stand, yet running was their only option. Deep throated barks rang through the night air, bursts of even more concentrated heat shooting through the steam. Large paws pounded the abruptly heated and cooled ground behind them. Falling leaves immediately crunched as they hit the ground.

Small paws padded the ground next to them, the mass of Eevee-Evolutions at their heels as they broke through the oppressive cloud of steam. Weariness plagued their entire group, pokemon included. The elemental foxes were half stumbling to keep pace, their small nostrils flared and mouths hanging open as they ran. Now cold air blew past them, their entire group practically drinking it in.

"Whatever you do, keep running! Do not stop for any reason and stay together," Serenity shouted over her shoulder, the forced calm of her tone wavering. The brunette suddenly stumbled over an unseen root, nearly loosing her balance. Splashing water was suddenly audible. A sharp, high pitched yelp was clear.

She fell back in stride, immediately quickening it as Kazea regained her balance as well. A strangled oath escaped Damian's lips again, before three vivid flashes of scarlet cut through the shadows of the night. All three of his Eevee-Evolutions vanished inside of their storage spheres.

"I shall play a trick on these pups. My powers will confuse them for a small time. They shall continue to run in circles. However, it is not forever that my spell will last," Terasu suddenly said, her voice even strained through telepathy. The ruby embedded in her forehead began glowing, its deep crimson hue lightening immensely. Terasu simply nodded at the relief that washed over Serenity's petite form, motioning them onwards. It was clear she would follow directly behind them.

Damian suddenly halted in front of them, causing Serenity's jaw to clench as she stumbled into him. Both immediately took a step in the opposite direction as she released her hold on Kazea's trembling arm, flushing. Their breath was coming in shuddering gasps, her pale cerulean gaze following Damian's hand as he pointed, before she could inquire.

"… Ecruteak," the black clad Trainer said quietly, almost blending with the night as he started to move forward. Kazea suddenly fell into a sitting position behind her, the Trainer's jade gaze focused on the ground.

"Alex … He's not here," she ground out, still steadying her breathing.

Serenity and Damian stiffened, immediately turning to glance at their surroundings. The Dragon Tamer's throat constricted, swallowing painfully. Had the pack of Houndoom gotten to him? Her pale cerulean stare slowly drifted back to the main cluster of trees lining where they'd come from, listening intently.

A barely suppressed gasp drew her attention back to Kazea, startled — More so by the sudden surge of draconic energy than anything. "Kazea, what's wrong with you? Are you sick, your face is pale …" Serenity asked, her voice barely a whisper. Yet her double-meaning questions went unheeded. Vivid emerald hue swept over Kazea's calm jade eyes, glowing. The young woman stiffened, unnerved slightly.

Cool wind drifted through the area, tugging at their hair and garments. Serenity shifted her weight, watching the now dragon-seeming Trainer warily. How was this happening? Aura of dragons now resonated from the mint haired Trainer, as if she were one herself. Yet, all logic dictated that impossible … Again, though, what she felt belied logic.

Kazea suddenly flinched again, her dimming stare falling to the ground. A slight tremor slid through her petite form, the draconic aura vanishing as quickly as it had appeared. "Alex … He's okay. He's going to find us again any minuet …" the young woman said dryly, causing Serenity's brow to arch.

As if on cue, the icy-eyed Trainer emerged from the trees only moments after her words. A small black bird that she recognized as Nyx was settled on Alex's shoulder. Her gaze flicked back to Kazea.

"W-wait a second! Kazea, you knew Alex was going to come didn't you! How the hell is that possible?! What are you hiding?!" Damian spat, a low snarl of unnerved anger curling into his tone. When he didn't receive an answer, he resorted to staring her down.

Serenity's startled gaze softened when a hot tear suddenly rolled down Kazea's cheek, her body trembling slightly with compressed emotion. "I don't need to tell you anything! It's none of your business!" the mint haired Trainer snapped back, her jade eyes blazing in retaliation.

The Dragon Tamer shook her head after a moment of the prolonged staring match, noticing Alex's bemused stare. It seemed that if she placed a dry leaf between Kazea and Damian, it would ignite. The former stood, bristling.

Serenity immediately stepped between them, before a fight could ensue. "Stop it. Both of you … Unless you'd rather a taste of the dirt," the Dragon Tamer said softly, her eyes narrowing. Though they seemed to share a common goal, constant bickering was beginning to eat at her nerves - And she refused to put up with this, without having slept properly in some time.

Damian chuckled at her threat, clearly not expecting a female as small as Serenity to put him on the ground; also quickly swallowing that thought when a rock collided with the back of his head, rounding on Alex. "What the heck!?"

Alex's icy blue eyes were frigid, his jaw clenched. "Need I carry out my promise? I'll gladly cut out your tongue for you …" he drawled, Nyx ruffling her feathers as she felt her Trainer's irritation.

Serenity's gaze flicked between both of the masculine, black clad Trainers. A gusty sigh escaped her lips, raw irritation entering the Tamer's eyes. "Let it be," she hissed, an Arbok capable of rivaling the quiet but clear venom in her voice. Both of the males turned, startled by Serenity's unusual tone. Her usually calm demeanor was clearly fraying with her dwindling patience and lack of sleep. She half turned, glancing back at the trio as she started forward. With a slight nod, she continued to Ecruteak.

Three sets of footsteps soon fell in step behind her, allowing the Tamer to finish leading them to their destination. A slight breeze continued to drift, just cool enough to keep the travel weary group awake and possibly chill their exhaustion-tried tempers. Teto trotted between Kazea and Serenity, the ice fox's almost white ears visible out of the corner of her eyes. The female Eevee-Evolution was nearly soundless, though faint tinges of ice hung around her.

"… This way," Serenity sighed after a moment, upon reaching the boarder of Ecruteak. Her hand slid into the pocket of her trousers, fingers curling around the thin metal tube that withheld the data. Hopefully, Bill had made it there.

Damian winced as something hard collided with the back of his head, pivoting. Alex's icy blue gaze was smoldering into his aquamarine one, guarded. "What the heck!?" he growled, previous attempt to renew their past friendship momentarily forgotten. The back of his head now throbbed, practically screaming at him.

The other black clad Trainer's eyes narrowed, only becoming colder. "Need I carry out my promise? I'll gladly cut out your tongue for you …" his childhood friend drawled, his tone curling into a blizzard-like chill. Nyx glared at him, her ebony feathers ruffling in agitation as she shifted her position on Alex's shoulder.

"Let it be," the now familiar voice of Serenity cut across his thoughts, her venomous tone almost causing both to jump. They turned, unable not to notice the acid coating her usually level tone. The said Dragon Tamer then turned, before glancing back at them. She nodded slightly, before setting off.

He hesitated, before falling in stride next to Kazea and Alex as they strode after Serenity. His gaze followed the foremost maiden as they walked, inwardly wishing he could take back the words he'd already spoken. If he as much as took a single step closer, both her and Teto began glaring. It seemed that he just kept tripping up, as of late.

Damian sighed, cursing himself under his breath. Loose dirt and sprigs of green grass was beginning to fade to a packed dirt path now, making it clear they were getting closer to the haven. Ecruteak would be upon them shortly, for certain.

His eyes trailed upwards after a moment, taking in their surroundings. Though steadily becoming closer, two tall, black splotches dotted the night sky, frame by the moonlight. One was considerably shorter, its top haphazardly bumped and slanted with jagged pieces jutting out.

The Twin Towers, once home to the Two Tiers. Burnt remains of the Brass Tower easily managed to catch his eye and hold it, trees rustling around them with the nocturnal Pokemon's movements. A small sigh escaped his lips after a moment, glancing at the area around him as they passed into the Ecruteak ‘boarder'.

Short stone and wooden buildings with thatched roofs were commonplace, the windows of the small houses darkened. Few even had the faintest of lights in them, casting a slight yellow-orange glow on the path. Even in an area such as this, it seemed that wariness was prominent.

He paused when Serenity headed towards the gate house in front of the Tin Tower, before following.

(OoC: I would've made this post a little bit longer since I had the ideas still, but its almost already five pages, XD.)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
As the group of four slowly made their track towards the destination they had been heading towards for far too long. After near constant travel over the last few days, the sight of Ecruteak had to be the most incredible thing for the weary travelers. They staggered through the remaining underbrush and such and came out into the outskirts of the city.

As they looked about them they took in the wonder and mystique of the town that was so full of myth and legend. Rather then the usual, modern style buildings and homes seen in most cities, the inhabitants of Ecruteak lived in pagodas, all of similar architectural style. The streets were mostly dirt and cobblestone paths that gave it a very archaic atmosphere.

As the group slowly progressed through the empty streets of the city, their heads on constant swivels as they took in the sights of a city that seemed to be from an age long ago, they could see that the intricate mastery of the buildings were even grander at close proximity. Soon their collective attention was caught by a towering pillar of architecture that peaked up into the night sky. The flowing splendor of the tower's design was silhouetted against the vibrant, nearly full moon. The night sky above Ecruteak seemed to be even brighter and clearer then anywhere else, the lack of any artificial light to thank for that.

They did not, however, head towards the tower that was situated in northeastern corner of Ecruteak; instead, they headed to the northwestern corner of the city. Having entered from the south, they were not able to see the forest that sat to the north of the city, but as it came into view everyone's breath caught.

Lying before them was what seemed to be an incredible anomaly of nature. The trees of the forest were a magnificent sight, the many shades of gold, red, orange, yellow, and brown shown magically even in the dead of night. The forest seemed to be stuck in a state of perpetual autumn. The four travelers stood awestruck for a long time as the stared at the majestic and awe inspiring sight.

After a few more minutes of staring, somebody finally spoke, "…Alright…let's get going again…" The other three tore their eyes away from the nature time capsule and looked at Serenity as she turned and continued leading them.

The group quickly fell back into order, Serenity and Kazea walking together at the front, Alex in the rear, and Damian floating about somewhere in between. Soon the brittle, charred remains of a building came into view. It soon become overly obvious to Alex that this, the ruins of a once great tower, the likes of which had probably mirrored the one still standing to the east, was their destination.

Serenity soon came to a halt outside the base of the tower and as Alex approached he could here her talking, "…This is the place. Under the ruins of what was once the Brass Tower is a Resistance base." Serenity, with only minimal effort, was able to slide the door of the Tower and grant them access to it.

Everyone slowly stepped into the Tower, and Alex carefully inspected the inside of Brass Tower. Only three of the walls fully remained, the fourth having three gaping holes in it. Alex stared at the wholes, as they seemed incredibly peculiar and he wondered what could have created them. However, before he could ponder his inquiry anymore Serenity was calling his name, "Alex! Come on. The base is down through this trapdoor."

The dark-haired male walked over to where only Serenity remained, Kazea and Damian clearly having gone down while he was looking around. Serenity waved her hand in an obvious attempt to try and get Alex to go down the rope ladder that hung down into a dark abyss, but Alex simply stood there and stared up through the gaping roof.

"…Why would somebody destroy something so incredible?" Alex asked, almost to himself. He soon turned his gaze from the broken timbers above to the anxious face of Serenity.

"I don't know, but you need to get down into the base. I mean, Arceus only knows what shape your wounds are in now," Serenity said, leaving Alex's question unanswered. Clearly the male wasn't entirely content with that, the young Dragon Tamer let out an annoyed sigh, "Look, this isn't the time, or the place for this kind of discussion. Just get in the base and we can talk about it when we know we're safe."

Alex let out a small, content chuckle as he finally began his way down the ladder. Just before his hand slipped below the floor he said, "So…we'll be safe in this base…you know, as apposed to that other base that we were supposed to be safe in…" With that, Alex slipped below and was down into the basement of the Tower.