• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Rings of Saturn

(Discussion/Sign-Up; https://pokecharms.com/threads/rings-of-saturn.18238/#post-576503)

The day was upon them.
Erin was fidgeting on a bench of sorts, her mind a mess. A party of strangers had been selected to accompany her, other Trialgoers who had been seeking a party as well.
Erin wasn’t too fond of the idea of a party.
Quite frankly, she’d prefer to do it alone, but although she was a loner, she wasn’t an idiot. Attempting the Rings Trial was a death wish- not to mention attempting it alone.
She’d been the first to arrive after her family had bid her farewell, to the large, gated archway that tunneled into Ring 2, on the far left side of the village market. She was (rather impatiently) awaiting the others, of whom she’d never met. Hell, she didn’t even know their names.
What she did know, from the Council Member in charge of their group (whose name was Lucian), was that almost as soon as they all arrived, they would be sent off, and also weren’t allowed to turn back and forfeit. Once one was in the Trial, they couldn’t return unless they completed it, which was a joke at this point...
They’d been given all their stuff- literally just their bag and their weapon- a few days prior. They’d be given twenty minutes to socialize and develop a plan, among other things, before being shoved into the Trial.
It seemed odd to just throw a bunch of young-senior adults who were completely foreign to each other into the Trial, but she wasn’t one to challenge the Trial Council. It was the way they saw most fit, after all..
With this in mind, the small girl stared at her feet, twiddling her dagger in her hand.
This is going to be hellish.

Chiyako would stand far away from Erin, looking for her. Since she didn't know who she was or what she looked like, she started to yell her name. "Erin? Uh.. Hello?" She would change her position slightly, so she didn't look like a fool.
"Ah.. I'm just wasting my time! This isn't gonna help." Chiyako'd say, as she starts walking over to Erin.
"Excuse me.. But, is your name Erin? I-I'm looking for them because they're in my Group.." She'd say, looking rushed to make her look serious.
Agh, I said too much! Chiyako thought. If this ain't Erin, I'm gonna.. Hm.. Well, can't do that, since y'know, we're kinda stuck here until we make it through. Like that'll happen. She'd adjust her sunhat, as she waits for a reply from the girl.

Cuoure stepped up to the two that looked as if they’d only recently started conversing, so she didn’t think it would be too inappropriate if she just walked up to them and joined in the conversation. “Hmm, I wonder if this is going to be an all girls group...” not the wisest entrance, Sure, but it certainly wouldn’t make much difference later on, in all honesty. Cuoure brushed aside a bit of hair that was in her face, and looked at was now the triad of her small group that would have to traverse what many have attempted, and hoped they’d be the first to succeed. Especially the “hoped” part.

Erin perked up as she heard her name being shouted through the air. The voice calling sounded feminine, and lo and behold, a woman was before her. Erin arched her brow as the rather flustered girl approached her. Curiously, she looked up from her dagger, looking vaguely perplexed. This girl didn’t seem like the type to attempt the Trial... maybe she was a friend of her mother’s?
“Um- yeah, that’s me.” She murmured slowly, blinking. And then she said something about the group. This caught her attention, and she looked.. a little surprised, at least. “Oh- you’re here for the Trial. Okay. Um, hi.” She managed. She hasn’t expected her fellow Trialgoer to look so.. delicate?
Deciding there was no use in judging, Erin looked bck up, glancing up as another girl approached, muttering something about being an ‘all girl group’. Erin ducked her head, murmuring a quiet “maybe”.

Last edited:
Ideon walked up to the three girls as, he place his hands in his pockets.
"So you guys taking the Trail...Ha that's pretty funny" Ideon said with a short laugh before he sigh. "But I got to admit you girls got gut's" Ideon added as, he fix his hair combing the sides before he comb the top.
"Anyways the name's Ideon Kyojin and I'm in your group, so let's try to get along" Ideon said as he place his comb back into his pockets before he place his hand to the other girls.

Cuoure took a step back as the more "forward" man stepped up. "I uh, look forward to working with you, Ideo." She gave a slight bow at the end, and looked at the mans more rustic hairstyle. "Well, I can certainly tell he's a bizarre one." Cuoure thought to herself, now looking out for other people that might be in their group.

Erin had taken an almost immediate disliking to the man to approach them.
Not because he was just a man, obviously, but his mannerisms and.. voice?
When he suggested that it was funny that they were attempting the Trial, she merely cocked a brow, unwilling to let her distaste spill onto her face. She’d always been good at hiding her emotions, so this was no task.
She didn’t really stop from toying with the small blade in her hand when he introduced himself as a part of their Party, Ideon.
“Erin. Erin Ablaine.” She replied, rather stiffly, although he hadn’t quite asked.

Odilon arrived at the archway, running a hand through his brown hair with a smile on his face. He had chosen an attire that was quite casual: a turtleneck black long sleeved shirt, white trousers, and black sneakers. His Nagamaki was diagonally attached to his back per usual-- he didn't go anywhere without it-- as he looked around the area. He noticed a group of three near a small bench; two girls and a boy. Huh. I wonder if they're in my group. Odilon took out a folded slip of paper and unfolded it, reading the names in his head. Erin Ablaine, Cuoure Grassetto, and Ideon Kyojin. He sighed and made his way towards the group, a friendly grin on his face. "Hi! Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you..." He recited the names he had memorized on the list. "If so, then I believe I'm in your group for this journey." His grin widened as his bright emerald eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

Erin glanced up once more as another man approached, his bright green eyes glinting with charm. He held a slip of paper in his hands, and he appeared to be rather excited. Admittedly, she was a bit surprised when he read off their names from the slightly wrinkled piece of paper, and she nodded briefly.
“Um- yeah, that’s us.” She murmured rather nonchalantly. “Welcome to the group.”
Although her words were dull, she did feel a small spark of excitement in her chest. Nobody really knew what was beyond the archway, and the idea left her stomach flipping and her mind a mess of emotions.
“How many more people are we waiting for?” She asked, mainly towards the newest to arrive, considering he had composed a small list. Trial-Rules stated that parties could hold no more than five participants, but those rules were often bent. They made them sound extreme, but once a Party was gone they were gone, so the rules seemed useless.

“So long as it’s at least a few more, I don’t really like our odds with a team this small.” Cuoure turned to her side now, so she could get a better glimpse of oncoming team members. She proceeded to take out her own dagger, and began thumbing it, feeling the ins and outs of the handle grooves. “I hope we get to know each other a bit while we’re out there, though.”

Ideon sighed "well if we're going to do this than, it'll be best for us to at least say some prayers". Ideon then sat down on the ground before, he placed his hands over his face and pray. "My father if you can here me then I'm on my way" Ideon whispered as; He took his hands away from his face. Ideon then stood up before he placed his right hand in front of him. "Alrighty then how about we do hands in the middle?" Ideon asked.

Odilon raised a brow as the other man, Ideon, got onto the ground and whispered a prayer. "An interesting one, aren't you?" He unsheathed his Nagamaki and twirled it around with one hand, running his other hand along the flat side of the blade. After taking a few small swings-- whilst spacing himself to prevent accidentally striking one of his allies-- he sheathed it and folded his arms after rolling up his sleeves. "So, when is this quest starting?" He didn't place his hand in the middle like Ideon had done, mostly because he didn't understand the request.

The girl merely returned her gaze to the ground to avoid whatever Ideon was attempting. He seemed too... well... cheerful?
It wouldn’t do much harm to lighten up a bit, stop trying to be so brooding.
She opened her mouth to speak when Lucian, a member of the Trial Council who also happened to be in charge of their group, seemingly appeared beside them, looking all smiles.
Lucian was an odd-looking man, dressed rather formerly, a tall and lanky build without a hint of a slouch, despite him being middle-aged. His hair was a dusky ginger, a mess atop his head, along with a tiny strip of what only the nicest person could call a beard on his chin, in the same off-orange color.
“Hello, Trial-Goers!” he announced gleefully, as though to say, It’s wonderful to have you all here, I’ll be sending you to your death shortly. Complimentary seared pig flank, anyone?
Erin wasn’t quite sure what sort of reaction he expected, because if it was supposed to be excited as he was, she wasn’t positive if he would be satisfied with what he received.

"Too gleeful aren't ya" Ideon said with a sigh as, he pulled his comb back out of his pocket. He then began to comb the top of his hair back, before he comb the right side with a 90 degree angle. Ideon placed the comb on his left side before he comb it with a 91 degree angle, before he placed it back into his pocket. "Alrighty then, it's get crazy" Ideon said with a sigh as he sat back down on the ground.

Odilon glanced at the newcomer and waved curtly. "Hi. Who are you, again?" He seemed somewhat too excited about the journey, despite the huge risks it posed to any who would dare embark on it. My my, what an interesting group of merry men and women this is turning out to be. In his opinion, Erin seemed to be the one with the most sense in her head, while Ideon.... well, Ideon was a different case altogether. Cuoure also carried a calm and collected attitude about her, which was something that Odilon appreciated. "You sure sound quite happy about going on this quest, don't ya, buddy?" He asked the newcomer after glancing at him once more.

Lucian chuckled grimly.
“Oh. Absolutely not. I’m not going on the Trial, what do you think I am, an idiot with a yearning for death?” He retorted, realizing what he said after receiving a sharp glare from Erin. He cleared his throat.
“Anyway,” he carried on briskly, trying to hide the fact that he’d just called them suicidal idiots, “You lot are the five Trial-Goers this year! I’m sure you know all the rules, and it seems like you’ve been warming up to each other.” He gestured to the archway. “As of this day, you are officially starting your Trial.”
He stood up, motioning for them to follow, walking past the archway. Already Erin felt a little tremor of excitement twist in her stomach, but she quickly brushed it away, in an attempt to keep her deadpan expression.
It led to a small path, that only went on for maybe a two minute’s walk, before they reached a huge stone wall, with a large iron gate blocking them from the Trial.
“Any questions? No? Well, off you go!” Lucian cried excitedly as he lifted the gate with a simple pull of a lever.
That’s it? Oh, Gods.

He wasn't gonna lie, Odilon felt quite relieved upon hearing that Lucian wouldn't be tagging along. Based on the latter's personality, he would probably only serve as a hindrance to the team. Odilon cracked his knuckles and grinned as the gates slowly rose, revealing the path of the Trial before the group. "Well, looks like it's showtime, eh?" He unsheathed his Nagamaki blade and twirled it as he watched the gates rise. "Ready when you all are."

“I suppose if we have any goodbyes left, now’s the time.” Cuoure looked back to the place she’d lived her whole life, soon to be no more than a memory of the past. She stepped forward, with a little bit of both confidence and fear in her eyes. “Grazie, Loggs.” With these words, a slight grin appeared on her face, dagger in hand.

Ideon watched as the gates open before him with amazement. "This is interesting" Ideon thought to himself as, he stood up before he placed his hand over his heart. Ideon closed his eyes as he took a deep breath before, he began to torn at his shirt. Revealing his sheath and Dagger which was located right next to his heart.

“Okay. Um. Let’s.. let’s go, then..” Erin muttered past the lump in her throat, dagger in-hand. She didn’t know what was beyond the First Ring; nobody did. She hardly even knew what was beyond a ten meter radius of her house.
As soon as the group made it past the gate, it slammed shut, trapping them, further solidifying their dedication to the journey. Admittedly, Erin had flinched. The noise was jarring, and atop the unsettling-ness of the entire thing, it wasn’t a surprise that the girl had flinched.
“So...” she wheedled, as they walked, “...Do you lot have any specific talents..? Or something?”

Odilon turned around to monotonously watch the gates slam shut. Well, no going back now, I guess. Here we go. He walked alongside the group while nonchalantly twirling his blade; was that his trademark idle action or something? He turned to look at Erin as she attempted to strike some conversation among the group. "Uh, I can kill really well. My whole bloodline's filled with famous assassins and killers, so I was pretty much raised to be like them, like my ancestors. But you know, even after being able to rip out someone's heart without a drop of blood, this Trial was the one thing they couldn't get through. I guess that's why I'm on this journey; to do what they couldn't."

“Talents, talents. I suppose I can keep my cool in dire straights. I’m usually stuck as the strategist in the games we played as a child, so I guess that makes me the smarts of a group.” Cuoure placed her chin on her hand, not being used to thinking what she’s good at. She kept her dagger at hand, considering how the chances of random death was extremely high.

"I'm serious, guess that's about it. Unless you count coming from a family in which they don't even count you as, a human being. Also you had to learn how to survive by yourself at a young age" Ideon said as he walked along the others. With a sigh before Ideon could feel a small tear go down his face but, he quickly wipe it away. "Anyways what other skills you guys got" Ideon asked as, he placed his hands in his pocket.