• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Revolutions End (Angel and Demon RP)

By the way, I did say that I wanted to make Ezequiel, a half-angel, one of my characters. So I may as well make him now.
Name: Ezequiel
Race: Half-angel (well technically full angel because his father's a fallen angel)
Alignment: Angelic
Appearance: Wears a white overcoat with light blue streaks. Also wears a white headband. Has white hair with streaks of black that runs down to his waist and green eyes. One of his wings (his left wing) is white while the other is black, which is why he likes to keep them hidden. He always carries his two swords, Redemption and Revengeance, at his sides and they are his chosen weapons.
Personality: Ezequiel is practically a military commander. He's a strategist, choosing to formulate a plan over rushing in guns-blazing. He respects all his fellow angels, and follows high commands as best as he can. However, his morals deem that there is something above duty - preservation of life.
Can I get some backstory for this character? He seems to pretty vague for me until I accept him.

Hm, alright.
Ezequiel's mother was always an oddball amongst the angels. Instead of purely hating demonkind, she instead found them curious. Why did they seem to be oh so sinful? She decided to study them, using the excuse that it would get them better information on their enemy. Eventually one of her investigations went a bit too far, leading her into Hell itself, where she met a fallen angel. This fallen angel seemed to be just like her, wondering about the angels and their blind devotion. The two decided not to attack each other, and got to talking. They eventually found a safe place to meet up, where they managed to meet several times and eventually fall in love with each other. Then they did the sex. The pregnancy of Ezequiel's mother soon became obvious, but she was unable to reveal the truth due to her fears of the other angels not accepting the truth. Ezequiel was soon born, and his mother did her best to hide his demonic half. Soon his wings were revealed, however. Most angels still don't quite understand, but those who do treat Ezequiel's mother with scorn. Contrary to his studious parents, Ezequiel decided to become like his fellows and prepare for the war that they all knew would happen. This is why he practiced so much with his blades and became such a strategist. Due to his parents still being his parents, he tends to be more about strategy and outwitting his opponents.
That good?

Hm, alright.
Ezequiel's mother was always an oddball amongst the angels. Instead of purely hating demonkind, she instead found them curious. Why did they seem to be oh so sinful? She decided to study them, using the excuse that it would get them better information on their enemy. Eventually one of her investigations went a bit too far, leading her into Hell itself, where she met a fallen angel. This fallen angel seemed to be just like her, wondering about the angels and their blind devotion. The two decided not to attack each other, and got to talking. They eventually found a safe place to meet up, where they managed to meet several times and eventually fall in love with each other. Then they did the sex. The pregnancy of Ezequiel's mother soon became obvious, but she was unable to reveal the truth due to her fears of the other angels not accepting the truth. Ezequiel was soon born, and his mother did her best to hide his demonic half. Soon his wings were revealed, however. Most angels still don't quite understand, but those who do treat Ezequiel's mother with scorn. Contrary to his studious parents, Ezequiel decided to become like his fellows and prepare for the war that they all knew would happen. This is why he practiced so much with his blades and became such a strategist. Due to his parents still being his parents, he tends to be more about strategy and outwitting his opponents.
That good?
I mean, sure, but there's already an explanation of why they're sinful.

When Lucifer/Satan use to be an angel, he was said to be the most beautiful and strongest angel; both his strength and beauty outrivaled that of most other angels (if not all). Though, he was envious of Jehova. Lucifer wanted to have the same power that Jehova had, and be equal to him. Other angels who agreed with Lucifer joined him to rebel against Jehova.

Through their bitterness, a war happened between both opposing sides, the ones who sided with Lucifer and the ones who sided 2ith Jehova.

Jehova had enough of this, and he used his power to vanish Lucifer and his followers, altering their appearance in the process. Lucifer was hit the most drastically, and due to his change, his name was changed to Satan by Jehova.

Then the creation of Adam and Eve came along, the serpent possessed by Satan tricking Eve, who then later tricked Adam, and humanity was also in sin. Due to Jehova's power, however, he forgave humanity and sacrificed his son, Jesus to pay for the ultimate sin, the destruction of all humanity.

So, yeah. The Bible can get super confusing at times.

I get the part about the initial generation, but it's clear that several others have been born since then. Ezequiel's mother focused on why the civilization remained nothing but sinful after millenia, and no one tried to pursue virtue - or none that she had heard of at least.

I get the part about the initial generation, but it's clear that several others have been born since then. Ezequiel's mother focused on why the civilization remained nothing but sinful after millenia, and no one tried to pursue virtue - or none that she had heard of at least.
Oh, okie dokie then.

Yeah, sure, Ezequil is accepted. How can one more angel-demon hybrid hurt? (You better not make me regret my decision, is what I'm basically saying).

So I actually had an idea for how I could use one of my demon characters - Dormammu - but I'm worried that he might be considered a bit strange and potentially OP for a demon. Do you think that one of Satan's original allies, reduced to only a soul and bound to a strange set of armor who built a bar/strip club/theater/whatever and acts like a crime lord while using fragments of other's souls to power himself and uses an onyx skull (yes specifically an onyx one) to be a conduit between planes for his spirit. I'm thinking he might have his bar as a potential hotspot for demons, and could actually have a fragment of Naeris' soul from previous "business" with him.

So I actually had an idea for how I could use one of my demon characters - Dormammu - but I'm worried that he might be considered a bit strange and potentially OP for a demon. Do you think that one of Satan's original allies, reduced to only a soul and bound to a strange set of armor who built a bar/strip club/theater/whatever and acts like a crime lord while using fragments of other's souls to power himself and uses an onyx skull (yes specifically an onyx one) to be a conduit between planes for his spirit. I'm thinking he might have his bar as a potential hotspot for demons, and could actually have a fragment of Naeris' soul from previous "business" with him.
He sounds like an interesting character, but I think he should be introduced later on in the RP.

Yeah, later was when I was planning to bring him in as-is. He's important to Naeris' backstory and is kinda one of the major reasons why Naomi and Moarne are the way they are, and I think he might have some interesting reactions with Shard and Ronove later on. Maybe even Ezequiel.
And I'm thinking that since he's lived a long-ass time he has a collective 666 souls within him.
Also, what Demons of Sin are left? I know Pride and Lust are taken. What's left?

Yeah, later was when I was planning to bring him in as-is. He's important to Naeris' backstory and is kinda one of the major reasons why Naomi and Moarne are the way they are, and I think he might have some interesting reactions with Shard and Ronove later on. Maybe even Ezequiel.
And I'm thinking that since he's lived a long-ass time he has a collective 666 souls within him.
Also, what Demons of Sin are left? I know Pride and Lust are taken. What's left?
The Seven Deadly Sins that have not been taken are Greed, Envy, Gluttony, and Sloth. If you're planning for Dormammu to be one of the Deadly Sins, then I suggest Greed or Gluttony.

The identity of Wrath will be kept a secret for now.

I wanna take sloth tbh
For which character?

Sure, but you must give him powers that correspond with his sin and make him act like said sin.

I was planning either Wrath - because he has quite the temper - or Greed - since he runs an extremely shady business and has for centuries - for Dormammu's sin. I guess Greed can work, then? If you'll let me, of course.
I mean, I'm the one who suggested it, aren't I?

Also, for any angel character, you can choose from any of the Seven Virtues, which are
  • Humility
  • Temperance
  • Generosity
  • Chasity
  • Kindness
  • Diligence
  • Meekness
Just choose the one you think fits your character most.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
ok so I added that he's lazy and doesn't like working, and I guess a power I could add could be like temporary hypnosis or something to make others do work for him? Does that sound good?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Sure, but you must give him powers that correspond with his sin and make him act like said sin.

I mean, I'm the one who suggested it, aren't I?

Also, for any angel character, you can choose from any of the Seven Virtues, which are
  • Humility
  • Temperance
  • Generosity
  • Chasity
  • Kindness
  • Diligence
  • Meekness
Just choose the one you think fits your character most.
if I were to get a virtue it'd probably be generosity or kindness since they are already in her personality XD more generosity since she is known to be very mad if someone gets rid of all her patience

Hm, Ezequiel might work for Temperance as he prefers to keep his mind always sharp and thus tends to shy away from alcohol.
What about Ideia? Chastity?
Ideia: *begins laughing hysterically*
Ezequil, being a half demon, will not be able to be a general of the Seven Virtues, that previlige is for pure angels who have stayed by the side of Jehova. Sorry.

wait I thought they were:
Humility against pride, Kindness against envy, Abstinence against gluttony, Chastity against lust, Patience against anger, Liberality against greed, and Diligence against sloth. I'm confused XD
Humility - Pride
Kindness - Envy
Temperance - Gluttony
Chastity - Lust
Meekness - Wrath
Sloth - Diligence
Greed - Generosity

Temperance- taking all in things in moderation and to the point of goodness.
Generosity- to give to others for their benefit then for your own.

ok so I added that he's lazy and doesn't like working, and I guess a power I could add could be like temporary hypnosis or something to make others do work for him? Does that sound good?
He can have hypnosis, but I would also like for him to control the gravity around others, either increasing it to crush them unto the floor or decrease it to cause them float. Also, some kind of gas to make foes fall asleep.

makes sense, but what about my previous questions? also, where are all the angelic people at right now?
Answered it.
To be honest with you, idk. They just all found themselves at some area. You can just have your angel sense their presence or something.

Ah, understandable.
But then what about Ideia? Perhaps kindness? I was planning to have her be a doting-mother-type character.
Also, can Ideia be waiting back at the place Raphael and Eremiel are going? I'd kinda like to just plop Coral there out of her element.

And that's cool with me. Though I stopped getting notifications so I am a little out of loop on the hole Seven Sins/Seven Virtues thing. We're making our current characters those categories?
Not necessarily. The Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Holy Virtues are basically the top ranked MVP generals for Hell and Heaven, respectively. I wanted to see if people wanted their characters to be said generals and I would either let them be or not be.

Eremiel being a general fits. Just don't know which trait suits him best.
@Nebulix recommended Diligence, which I honestly think fits Eremiel extremely well.

Wait, but...
...does that mean Ideia holds a higher rank than Ezequiel...?
Ideia: I can command youuu~
Ezequiel: Keep me out of a bedroom and I'm fine with it.
Ideia: You're no fun
I want to say yes, but I'm afraid of what you might do with that knowledge.