• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Revolutions End (Angel and Demon RP)

The battle seemed like Eremiel wasn't even trying, even though his personality is to kill everything demonic in its path without mercy.

And I would assume that Eremiel's big hunkin' angel muscles would make the arrow go fairly fast. If not the speed of light, then the speed of sound. Or a little under mach 1.

What do you mean by relatively? What relative thing is there to go by?

Even if he had shot a human, he couldn't kill them. He was trying because he was trying to kill a demon, and a human who sided with one. You'd think he'd try his damndest to kill them both, since he can't kill humans who aren't a part of the fight.

Like his arrows would go through them and not harm them.

If anything from an angel hits any human, they won't hurt any human, unless he specifically wants to hurt one, like if one were to work for the demons.

I will fucking scream if the angels have no control over their OWN creations of whether or not it could hurt someone of their choosing.

They can choose whether or not to hurt humans. Normally, the default would be that they can't hurt a human, unless they make the conscious decision that their weapons will hurt a human of their choosing. Because of their alignment, they normally wouldn't do this unless that human works for the demonic side. In the case that was mentioned, it should have killed your character.

But it didn't.

So I'm thinking that maybe the light arrows Eremiel made and had made a conscious decision to hurt a human couldn't utilize its full power because that human is not marked, which could explain why Shard survived his bout with an angel.

Think of it like weaknesses and resistances.

Angel powers are super effective against demons and not very effective against humans.

Because Shard is just a human and not marked, the angel powers and weapons weren't very effective.

So I guess that'd be neutralized later... I mean I said nothing.

I suppose it makes sense. I would explain it more precisely as a change of type of arrow, shifting from the kind that can hurt humans, the kind that can't, and the kind that can kill. The main reason Shard wasn't hurt by the arrows though, if you'll remember, was him using the sword as a sort of mirror and making himself a moving target. Though his muscles did practically collapse on him, so I guess that may have been an arrow he wasn't able to deflect.

These light arrows are physical light. Their damage might not be completely deflected by a mere mirror of some sword. They have as much bearing and weight in their attacks just like a regular arrow of that size.

Well, hang on a minute XD

This is an ANGEL'S light we are talking about. They don't have to follow the same physics as light does. They can break mirrors and such with their light. Their light is a physical thing and can't be reflected by mirrors. The light they give off can be reflected by mirrors, but the physical arrow that is made of ANGEL'S light itself can't be reflected. They have weight to them.

But yes, they aren't pure light. They got angel magic.

Then again, we do have different views on how angel's light behaves.

Maybe we should talk to @Godjacob on how his light works XD

Does Eremiel's light arrows ignore physics because it is more supernaturally based and therefore, can't be explained scientifically, or does it scientifically and physically work like actual light does?

I was thinking that, since Eremiel is an angel and has full control over his light arrows, that he'd ignore the physical qualities that make light and go for a more supernatural thing.

Seems I have been summoned to clarify certain things. The arrows are generated from angelic energy that transform into light he shapes into various weapons. I didn't intend them to be completely useless against anything with an even semi-reflective surface to them. Kinda makes it...incredibly ineffectual as a weapon.

And Eremiel was trying to kill Naomi. He didn't care much about Shard though I was unaware of the "angels can't hit humans" concept and wished I had researched that a bit more before the battle began. The problem was Eremiel aimed multiple arrows at Naomi with intent to kill and Shard casually swatted them aside.

Difference between "swatting aside" and "reflecting". Shard wasn't able to beat the arrows down, nor would he have been fast enough to do so. He kinda just changed their path with the sword which is actually really reflective and shiny. He doesn't have that sword any more, though.

Eh, still seemed like a bit much.

The sword's shininess or anything special about it wasn't even hinted it. Shard just grabbed it from some guy he knew. A one-handed perry of Eremiel's multiple arrows along with matching & holding his own in a clash between the two when he tried to push him off is just not a good show for Eremiel in his first battle. If Shard is a regular human by the standards of our cast.

Though I am kinda curious what happened to the sword?

I would just like to say, an angel or demons attack doesn't affect a human in the terms you might think of, which is injury or death, instead the attacks of angels and demons is what causes humans to make the decisions they do, either it be pure or malicious.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Do any demons get these lame weaknesses? If Eremiel can't take out a guy with a somewhat shiny mirror or something and Ideia gets beat by spongebob makes the angels seem like utter chumps XD

I would just like to say, an angel or demons attack doesn't affect a human in the terms you might think of, which is injury or death, instead the attacks of angels and demons is what causes humans to make the decisions they do, either it be pure or malicious.

Fascinating. That is a unique concept though given Eremiel & Shard have traded blows now what? XD

Well I'll keep that in mind now for future interactions if Eremiel fights Shard again or something. So if I hit him with a light arrow what happens? And what if the human has a mark?

Well I'll keep that in mind now for future interactions if Eremiel fights Shard again or something. So if I hit him with a light arrow what happens? And what if the human has a mark?
With the mark, humans aren't effected by the attacks of both angels and demons, but instead choose to make decisions that fit their mark more. Though, if a human has become to conflicted, then they can override the system, though that can only happen if the human goes through something extremely traumatizing or eye-opening.

Actually, Shard never made contact with Eremiel, and Eremiel never hit Shard. They fought indirectly, with the exception of the barrel Shard kicked at Eremiel.
That brings me to another point. Angels and demons don't have physical forms. They're spirits, and don't try to science this because this story has nothing to do with science. Seriously! This whole RP's plot is basically contradicting science in this world!

So, a barrel flunged by Shard shouldn't do anything to Eremiel. The only thing that can affect angels and demons are angels and demons. Marked humans are humans who get the ability to interact with angels and demons, but not regular humans.

I'm going to science the shit out of this one way or another, even if it's metaphysical science.

Sure, the barrel may not effect Eremiel. I don't remember what his reaction was to it. But no matter what, if angels and demons are going to do things like launch arrows of light, control water and summon hellfire, then their attacks MUST have some impact on the physical world. Going with the logic you've presented, demonic attacks should do nothing to the local environment, yet despite this Steven has used his demonic power to kill people and break a water tower. Therefore, at the very least demonic attacks have physical impact. Angels and demons must also possess some level of corporeal form, otherwise they would be unable to screw and impregnate humans, thus ruining the entire basis for the RP.

I'm treating hell and heaven as alternate dimensions of some sort and holy/demonic energy as just that - a form of energy. The kinds of things we've seen our characters do relies on manipulation of matter and energy, such as creating arrows of light and fire. This is meant to be the real world, just with angels and demons. Therefore, science still applies, and though we may need to give a suspension of disbelief for some parts, science should be able to explain this RP.

In the words of Tony Stark; "Magic is just science we don't understand yet."

I'm going to science the shit out of this one way or another, even if it's metaphysical science.

Sure, the barrel may not effect Eremiel. I don't remember what his reaction was to it. But no matter what, if angels and demons are going to do things like launch arrows of light, control water and summon hellfire, then their attacks MUST have some impact on the physical world. Going with the logic you've presented, demonic attacks should do nothing to the local environment, yet despite this Steven has used his demonic power to kill people and break a water tower. Therefore, at the very least demonic attacks have physical impact. Angels and demons must also possess some level of corporeal form, otherwise they would be unable to screw and impregnate humans, thus ruining the entire basis for the RP.

I'm treating hell and heaven as alternate dimensions of some sort and holy/demonic energy as just that - a form of energy. The kinds of things we've seen our characters do relies on manipulation of matter and energy, such as creating arrows of light and fire. This is meant to be the real world, just with angels and demons. Therefore, science still applies, and though we may need to give a suspension of disbelief for some parts, science should be able to explain this RP.

In the words of Tony Stark; "Magic is just science we don't understand yet."
You bring up a fair point, but let me ask you this question. Why do you think the angels and demons would need to create the marked humans in the first place?

I'll answer that question for you, it's because the marked humans are the link between the spiritual realm and physical realm. With this, the marked humans would have much more potential in power than any angel or demon, like Jesus (though, I haven't decided whether he should be marked or not). So Steven's hellfire can affect the physical realm because he is a human.

It would also establish a demonic/angelic presence in the material world, a realm mostly unfamiliar to the demons and angels as well as a crucial staging ground for the conflict. Granted, the demons and angels are more spiritual, as we have already established their invisibility to the human eye. This means that humans do have greater ties to the physical realm. However, that does not mean demons and angels have no presence on the physical world. It's likely the half-breeds are able to better put the demonic/angelic power to use on Earth, which was the main reason for their conception in the first place.
But angels and demons still need some level of physical presence, otherwise no holy sex and no half-breeds.

Oh and BTW Sarah, 1) yes I can and 2) it makes the universe more fleshed out and believable to everyone instead of just saying "bible".

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I'll answer that question for you, it's because the marked humans are the link between the spiritual realm and physical realm. With this, the marked humans would have much more potential in power than any angel or demon, like Jesus (though, I haven't decided whether he should be marked or not). So Steven's hellfire can affect the physical realm because he is a human.

This seems like a stronger thing to flesh out the word enough without giving everything a scientific reason and leaving out any wonder or mystery in the setting at all.

It would also establish a demonic/angelic presence in the material world, a realm mostly unfamiliar to the demons and angels as well as a crucial staging ground for the conflict. Granted, the demons and angels are more spiritual, as we have already established their invisibility to the human eye. This means that humans do have greater ties to the physical realm. However, that does not mean demons and angels have no presence on the physical world. It's likely the half-breeds are able to better put the demonic/angelic power to use on Earth, which was the main reason for their conception in the first place.
But angels and demons still need some level of physical presence, otherwise no holy sex and no half-breeds.

Oh and BTW Sarah, 1) yes I can and 2) it makes the universe more fleshed out and believable to everyone instead of just saying "bible".
Demons were the only ones to have sex, so it isn't holy, they possessed humans, and then raped other humans, and angels just presented holy light to the infant, so it grew up pure.