• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Review: Pokémon Rumble Rush ★★☆☆☆

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
722418_Pokemon_Rumble_Rush_key_art.jpg

All the way back in 2017, The Pokemon Company announced the latest entry in the Pokémon Rumble spin-off series, PokéLand. Intended for release exclusively on iOS and Android, this was effectively a follow-up to the Pokémon Rumble World3DS free-to-play game released a year before. An alpha test of the game took place in Japan over the space of a few weeks after announcement and then the game was never heard or seen from again.

Until last week when it suddenly appeared on the Google Play Store in Australia, now called Pokémon Rumble Rush. The name may have changed in the 2 years the game has been MIA, but the rest of it looks pretty much exactly as it did back when it was called PokéLand. Quite what happened to the game to initially delay it, or why it’s suddenly roared back into life, we may never know. Much like – as of writing – we also don’t know when the game will actually be released worldwide beyond a vague promise of ‘soon’.

What we do know, however, is how the game plays. Thanks to the wonders of the open source Android platform, anyone with an Android smartphone can jump right in simply by installing the game manually. For anyone else, or those still waiting for the official release, here’s our official verdict on the game.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
While I've got you here, please excuse me an additional indulgence.

At the weekend I posted a more personal level article on GameCrash that, ultimately lead to determining the main goal I want to achieve with the site. As well as being able to write articles like the above and hopefully for you to enjoy reading them, I also want GameCrash to - eventually at least - grow to be its own community of friendly, like-minded gamers much like Pokecharms has become.

It will take a while for us to get there, but so many of you have come to know and love Pokecharms that I know that no matter how small we start off with these things they can always grow if they're just given that love and attention they need.

If you're interested in being part of that, we've launched a new Discord server for GameCrash. Please feel free to join and introduce yourselves. It's still very early days and we're still working out what to do re: moderation etc, but the rules are pretty similar to what you're familiar with here on Pokecharms. If you're a nice, friendly person that behaves themselves then we're more than happy to have you join us.

Last edited: