• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Revenge is sweet

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not very familiar with the attack Revenge but it sounds interesting enough.

Is the added damage it does to the foe equal to the amount of damage they did to you (kinda like Counter)? All the attack description says in the game is "gains power if injured by foe". I'm debating whether to keep it on my Pinsir or go with Brick Break instead.

Any help is appreciated ^^

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Check the base power of Revenge, I think it's higher than Brick Break anyway.

And Revenge's power doubles when you get hit, if I remember correctly.

The base power of Revenge is 60. So it would become 120. Both Revenge and Brick Break have their strengths. It comes down to whether or not you plan to let your Pinsir get attacked, since Revenge always goes last.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
No idea so far. Aside from Revenge, all I'm debating now is whether to keep its Hidden Power or not (Ghost, probably with a power of 50 or so). Whatever I decide to use I plan for it to be a sweeper. With an attack stat like its and my Speed Up nature, it'd be a waste using it for anything else :twisted:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You're right. I'm noticing now how my level 15 Pinsir is beating out level 24 Pokemon in speed, thus Revenge is just pulling it down. Brick Break it is! ... Unless of course I figure out a better moveset later on ;)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Hmm. Just looking at Pinsir's possibilities here, and I have to admit that I have no clue what moves to give it. Its moveset seems a bit one-dimensional - mostly just Normal and Fighting moves. As other people have noted in the past, it sucks that its only possible Bug move is Fury Cutter.

It's vulnerable to Flying, Rock and Fire, so I'd probably give it Rock Tomb or Rock Slide to protect against Flying and Fire, and Earthquake to protect against Fire and Rock. But then this is already sounding just like several other movesets... I also can't decide whether your Hidden Power is worth keeping - HP Ghost would be useful against Psychic and Ghost pkmn, but how many of those will you be fighting with this Pinsir? (wouldn't you usually switch to a Special sweeper to get them?)

If it's really fast, you could use Double-Edge, as the likelihood is that having high Attack, a move of power 120 will one hit KO the opponent, and the small amount of damage you'd get from Double-Edge is less than you'd get from waiting until the end of your move to hit. But that's the best I can come up with at the moment :oops:.