• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Return to the Pruie Region!

Eleven years have passed since Team Shade attacked the Pruie Region. Now, the trainers who battled against Team Shade have grown up. And in the eleven years since the attack, the region has changed. The gym leaders have also changed.
In Enigma Town, the creepy town East of Pflugerville, Edgar heads a Ghost Type Gym. Next is a Fairy Type Gym in Gardenberry, led by Aria. In the Honurk Hills, there is a Fighting Type Gym, and the sensei is Lee. On the 7-Star Bridge going from Honurk Hills to Geo Town are seven powerful trainers that you must beat to pass. But no official badge is given out, just one for show. Geo Town has a Rock Type Gym with the leader Jude. Then you must pass through the Kragg Mountains to reach Valleyville, that has a Dragon Type Gym, led by Draco. Then, on Alum Island, there is Styx, a cursed human being, doomed to serve in a gym until she dies. She uses Dark Type Pokemon, making her weak to many Alum natives, who use Steel types. Next is the Zephyr Woods, which once was home to Zephyr City, until the trees uprooted many of the buildings. Now, the gym is run from a small camp, and is led by Arman. Arman uses a combination of both Grass and Flying types. Finally, there is Berg Village. It used to be a larger city, but bitter snowstorms caused much of the population to flee. Now, the gym is run by Katia, who uses Ice types.
Until recently, the gyms have not been operational. However, after a public request to reopen the gyms, the region recruited new leaders. Now trainers from all over to come to challenge the Pruie League!
However, not all is well in Pruie. A sinister force seems to be awakening in the Desolate Forest, across the river from Shado Forest...
Good luck trainer!
(Post all character bios here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/return-to-pruie-discussion.18164/)

RP:
Seth Hawkins sat down on a small tree stump in Pflugerville.
"You sure this is it?" Seth asked his partner Wayne, the Noibat.
"Noi," Wayne squeaked, fluttering around. Seth glanced at his wristwatch, which had a small map of the town.
"I think we have to go this way if we want to get to the hotel," Seth said, walking to his right while looking at his watch. He accidentally bumped into a tree, and stumbled backwards. The tree proceeded to turn around, and roar.
"NOI!" Wayne screeched, flying away in terror.
The tree was not an ordinary tree, but a Trevenant. The Trevenant barreled towards Seth. Seth panicked, and bolted in the other direction.

It was around that time when an object made of blue metal came careening through the air at high speed. It was headed on a path for the hostile tree Pokémon, but ended up passing straight through it, after which it struck the ground and was lodged into the dirt. Halfway buried, it looked like an arm reaching up from the soil, with a set of short silver claws pointing into the air in the Trevenant's general direction. Someone else entered the scene soon after, from the same place the metal arm had been launched from.

He was a relatively tall man, and a broad one as well, with shoulders that only his wide gut matched. He stomped to a stop with hefty-looking brown boots, which his jeans were tucked into. Those trousers were held up with a belt that was latched closed thanks to a buckle that seemed flashy, but was too worn for any emblem to be discerned. A black, sleeveless shirt and brown-leather coat (which was also sleeveless, though that seemed to be a modification) completed his attire.

He hunched over with hands on his knees for a few moments, trying to catch his breath. When he could finally breathe again, he stood up properly and brushed his black dreadlocks back. When the stranger caught sight of the tree Pokémon here, he looked confused. "That ain't right- Thought I saw that hit straight on. Did I miss something?" The man leaned to the side to get a look at the metal object stuck in the ground. "And how'd you get there, of all places..?"

Delilah had been taking a casual stroll around Enigma Town, looking for a Ghost Pokemon. She always wanted one, and the idea made her heart skip a beat. They were so ominous, and mysterious, and frankly she just needed one in her life.
She was walking with Dratini when a thud shook the earth below her.
The pair exchanged glances. The thudding become more evident, and definitely faster.
Delilah felt her stomach drop as a monstrous Trevenant sprinting towards her. Well- maybe not her exactly, but it was coming near.
"Ni!" Dratini yelped. Delilah was quick to grab her companion and barrel out of the way, her heart pounding in a similar pace to the footsteps of the Trevenant.
What was originally a Pokemon hunt was now a wild Swanna chase, with Delilah and a stranger sprinting away from the huge beast.
"What! Did you! Do! To make it so! Angry!" Delilah screamed to her new running companion, chest heaving.

Time was an important thing, as Shawn Jackel and his Phanpy, Way, had to get to Pflugerville, after visiting the old Amora Town, and looking for pokemon on the way. Shawn also had to get home later that day, but once he saw what he thought was a boy and his Noibat getting attacked by a tree, most likely a Trevenant, he sprinted over. As he was running towards where the Trevenant came out of, the Trevenant barreled towards the boy.
"...What do I do?" yelled Shawn, in a bit of panic. Way, his Phanpy, however, jumped up and growled at the Trevenant, running and getting ready to tackle it. Shawn followed his Phanpy, getting closer to the Trevenant.

The rough-dressed man, Gall, felt a bit sad then. First, his projectile had somehow not hit the Trevenant when it hit, and now there were about three different people focused on the creature while he was left completely out of the spotlight. "Is this how it feels to be ignored..?" he lamented to no one in particular as he walked over to the metal object lodged in the ground and pulled it up. Its eye, rooted on the opposite end, was finally free to look around and get its bearings again while its owner brushed off the remaining dirt clumps on its side.

Mira shook her head, her mess of fluffy hair swayed at her shoulders as she tapped her watch again. "They teach us math, but not how to read a map..." she groaned before slumping onto a rock. The lithe girl brought her hands up to massage her temples before shading her dull pink eyes, "And I don't think there's anyone for miles." she sighed.
The small pink pokemon by her feet frowned, "Cleffa?" Moon inquired with her head cocked to one side, before suddenly Mira was proven wrong. First a girl, then another trainer and yet another- she jumped to her feet in a startle motion before looking around in confusion. "Moon, Sing!" she quickly commanded before ducking into the bushes and looking back to see if the Cleffa's lullaby had worked.

Last edited:
"I- I just ran into it. It's got quite the 'tude," Seth huffed. He skidded to a stop, and turned around. The Trevenant had dozed off.
"What the---? What happened?" Seth asked the girl he was running with. What had stopped Trevenant?

After she caught her breath, Delilah looked over to Seth.
"Her Cleffa's lullaby," she breathed, her voice a tad on the raspy side. She wasn't the best runner. She looked over at Ceto, her Dratini, who looked equally exhausted, it's little head fins drooped tiredly. Delilah chuckled softly, patting the Pokemon on the head affectionately.

Watching the large tree'like pokemon fall backwards, Mira quickly scooped Moon into her arms and winced. But to her surprise the move had worked and the creature was fast asleep. "Way to go!" Mira cheered on the Cleffa and brought her companion close to her chest in a cuddle. Mira quickly ran a hand through her hair to remove the excess brambles that got caught in the frizzy pink pony-tails, looking slightly more presentable the girl then stood up and stepped into view. "Are you two alright?" she asked form the distance with Moon still safely in her arms.

Raina jumped from her Skarmory, landing nimbly on her feet. Her reddish hair flowed in the wind like fire.

"Thank you, Nicotine." She whispered to her Skarmory before putting him into his Pokeball.

The last 11 years of her life went by like a blur. After her first Pruie journey, she traveled around before becoming the Zephyr gym leader at age 14 and continued that job for 4 years until a falling out occured with her family.

Raina was tired of being another obstacle to defeat anyways. She lived with Angel in Goldenrod for a few months before staying in Mauville City in Hoenn.

She decided to take a trip down memory lane and visit Pruie. Things subsided with her family anyways, though she swore she wouldn't visit.

Raina still talked to Angel and Shade/Soren/whatever every once in awhile, but they mostly drifted apart.

Letting out a gust of air, she walked down the dirt road where her new adventure would start: Pflugerville.

Last edited:
Way, Shawn's Phanpy, missed the Trevanant, and came back to Shawn, and they both watched as it fell asleep. Shawn then adjusted his Phanpy's pointed scarf, and walked over towards the people he could hear talking. He watched as a girl popped out of the bushes, and asked a couple people if they were alright. Shawn then noticed what he thought was a familiar face, but wasn't. Shawn's Phanpy, Way, ran over and started rubbing up against Raina's leg, trying to get a good first impression with the girl.

"Lets fight" shouted Leon for he always shouted. Wartortle was with him. "But, but I don't have a Pokémon" stuttered little Jimmy. Then Leon heard a thump "sounds like a battle" he said and he sprinted over.

"Oi, you there!" shouted someone from behind where the Skarmory had left its owner. There stood the Biker, Gall, holding a Pokéball forward in the air. "You're a Trainer, right? The big metal bird's a dead giveaway!" With a proud smirk upon his face he tossed the Ball up into the air, catching it on the way down with a dramatic flourish before thrusting it forward once more. "There's a rule about eye contact, right? Turn and look 'ere so we can test it out."

@LittleGreenBean

Raina looked around. Various Pokemon trainers stood around. She felt a shudder on her leg. Looking down she saw a small Phampy.

She looked up to see what she assumed was the owner of said Phampy. Raina gave a small smile.

"Oi, you there!" Some sort of Biker with an accent yelled to her. He continued his speech, challenging her to a battle. He looked about her age.

She forced a smile. People like him irritated her. A million snarky answers came to her, but instead, she said, "Sorry, I don't do battles much anymore."

Raina simply hoped she'd stay undercover, and that no one would recognize her as the "mysterious steel leader" and part of "the big gym leader family". Most of these travelers were fairly young anyways.

By time Leon reached the area where he heard the thump there was a multitude of trainers. He stood there searching the area for any threats, soon he saw a girl with a Dratini. "Easy" he thought.
"Hey you" shouted Leon "you have a Pokémon and that means you are a trainer so I challenge you to battle."

Seth whipped around, seeing a kid challenge the girl he was with to a battle. So much was happening so quickly. He assumed the Trevenant attack had flared people's fighting spirit. He tried to slink away, but bumped into the girl with the Cleffa.
"Whoa. Sorry about that," Seth blushed, then composed himself, "I'm Seth. Thanks for saving me back there."

Leon saw a kid trying to sneak away "hey you come back coward"he shouted the sprinted away leaving the girl he challenged. "You I challenge you to a battle that other girl took to long"

Seth stared at the kid, and his eyes widened, intimidated.
"Uh, I was just talking to this-" Seth began. Then he saw the fire in the boy's eyes.
He gulped.
"Hey, just, thanks for saving me," Seth spit out, "Gotta go."
Seth then turned to the boy, and shook with fear. Wayne, his Noibat landed on his shoulder.
"Alright," Seth said shakily, "I accept."

Last edited:
"Finally a battle" Leon said. Hmm he accepted my challenge maybe he isn't that bad he thought. "Wartortle go" the battle had begun.
"Let's start off easy use water gun then jump back and use withdraw.

(Wait, I thought his name was Seth.. not Shane:'|)
Delilah opened her mouth to answer the random guy who challenged her, but he'd already moved on to the guy she'd been sprinting for dear life with. She felt her cheeks redden, as she hadn't the time to answer, instead she just stood there like an idiot.
Nice going, Del.
She shook her head, dismissing the thought, settling into a tree stump as she watched the battle unfold.

(Whoops my bad- I edited it)
"Wayne, dodge it and use Supersonic!"
Wayne the Noibat tried to flutter out of the way of the spout of water, but got doused. He screeched, and ripples of high pitched sound that tore through the air. Seth had to cover his ears to avoid being overcome by dizziness.

Delilah cringed, shrinking away into the tree stump at the sound. It seemed to shatter anything it passed through, including the girl's eardrum. Regardless, she clutched her ear and looked on, worry in her eyes. The Noibat wasn't taking it so well, and would probably be badly hurt in just a few more moves. She started to get up, in case she needed to do something, but remained where she was. She didn't want to make a commotion if she didn't need to.

The screech hurt Leon's ears but not Wartortles "nice hit Wartortle looks like this is going to be easy." he said. "Squirtle follow up with a tackle then use withdraw again!"

There was a response this time, instead of there being no feedback whatsoever, but it was one of refusal anyway. Gall scowled at the two-color ball in his hand. "Bah- What kinda Trainer doesn't battle stuff? I thought that was what they did. If that's not their usual gimmick, then what am I supposed to do with this, then?" The Pokémon inside was pretty good at hitting things, but not much else. Battling looked to be the only career in its foreseeable future.

Raina let out another gust of air.
"Idiots." She muttered under her breath before walking past.

There were way too many trainers to stay incognito anyways. Tucking her fiery red hair behind her ear, she began to walk to Emigma. She remembered some spooky stuff happening down there, and figured it would be nice to pay respect to Aria, whom she buried in Enigma.

Raina was so glad no one stared at her anymore. Last time she was in Pruie, Raina felt like she'd fall off the pedestal she was put on and fall on her face.

It felt weird being a gym leader, anyways. She was so used to being average. Raina was average looking, with dull red hair, grayish eyes, and simple clothing. Her figure was petite and short, and while she looked skinny, Raina was insanely out of shape. It felt good to be back.

"Wayne, get out of the way!"
Wayne, again, wasn't agile enough to dodge the attack. Wartortle slammed into him, and sent him flying back. Wayne squealed, and tried to get up. He couldn't.
"WAYNE!" Seth cried out, rushing over to the small Noibat.

"Haha" said Leon, "your Pokémon was no match for me!" Wait Leon felt something shaking in his bag. His egg was hatching. "Finally" he said. Even Wartortle got in to see what it was. "It's a Ralts and a male one!" He shouted

Mira opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted, it happened again and again. Gripping Cleffa tightly she gulped, these trainer's were a bit impatient. She couldn't tell if it was intimidating or pitiful to watch. After she witnessed the battle, Mira looked down at Moon- it was no time to shy away that was for sure. A determined glaze took place in her pink eyes, she marched up to the other trainers. "My name is Mira," she announced to the general crowd knowing that one-on-one conversations weren't going to get anything down. She patted Moon, "I think we're all trainer's here. And that Trevenant proved that this woods aren't exactly safe, so how about we travel to the next town together?" she suggested hoping to get a positive response while rocking on her heels.

Delilah felt a surge of fury at the Wartortle trainer. And she proved so by stomping right up to him.
"How could you be such a moron?" she spat. "His companion is badly hurt, and here you are crowing about how you pummeled the poor thing!" If she'd been able to find more words she would, but she couldn't. Annoyed, she quickly turned away, fiddling around in her bag for a potion, handing it to Seth with worry in her eyes for the little Noibat. And then Mira spoke up. Delilah nodded briefly, beckoning for Ceto to come to her. The Dratini obeyed, silently wrapping itself around her arm, resting it's head on her shoulder.
"Yeah, we should." she agreed, her voice somewhat weak from yelling at the imbecile. Ugh.

Shawn smiled back to the girl, but it was probably too late anyways, as she was gone.
He realised that there was a most likely battle happening, and he didn't want to be tricked into one, considering how weak his Phanpy was. He didn't have any confidence, so to avoid being trapped in battle, he just headed towards Enigma Town, hoping no-one would try to bug him there.
Of course no one was paying attention to him in Pflugerville, because they were all busy trying to talk amongst each other. Or battle. Shawn couldn't tell. Anywho, he instantly realised he was walking on the path with Raina, and felt a little bit bad because she looked like she was trying to get away from the crowd of people also. It made Shawn feel like he was following her or something. His Phanpy, Way walked with him and went into the tall grass to beat up a few Pidgeys, but nearly fainted doing it. Shawn now had to heal him in some way, picking some berries off a nearby bush and giving them to his Phanpy. They looked like Oran berries, so he knew it was probably safe.

Seth graciously accepted the Potion, and sprayed Wayne with the glowing mist. He hugged Wayne as he picked him up, and jogged to catch up with the girl who had the Cleffa, and the girl who had given him the Potion. They were heading out of these nasty woods. Hopefully away from these aggressive trainers.
"Thanks for giving me that Potion," Seth said once he had caught up.

"Geez" he said to the girl with the Dratini, he was going to continue but she had already ran to the other kid. "Well looks like we're the only people left." He said to nobody. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a man with a Beldum. "Hey I challenge you to a battle"

Delilah flashed a small smile, chuckling modestly.
"It's no worries," she smiled gently, tucking a strand of hair that had been her face behind her ear. Quietly, she leaned forward, looking at the little Noibat with worry. "Is he okay?" she asked, genuine worry in her eyes, as she turned around and glared at the trainer for a bit less than a millisecond.

Mira furrowed her brows at the suddenly out-lash of one of the female trainers. She hadn't really thought of it before, but the way Delilah phrased it did make the other trainer sound kinda like a jerk. To be clear, Mira was not shy at all- however, she only opened her mouth when she had to. And having no strong opinion on the matter, she just didn't comment on either of the trainers. She looked down at Seth's pokemon and tightened her hold of Moon, she would hate for the Cleffa to get so badly injured. But it was part of being a trainer, and growing up, she knew it would happen eventually. "Despite his injuries, it was a pretty good battle. There's definitely potential," she smiled before muttering, "In all of them." It did truly seem like that other trainer was quite experienced, it made her feel kind inferior.

The man hadn't heard him so he walked away. He began playing with his Ralts.
"Well aren't you a cute one" he said. "What should I name, you how bout Fritz"
"Ral Ralts" if looked like Fritz approved. He walked over to the group of trainers and then said.
"You, the girl with the Dratini I challenge you to a battle!"

"Oh Lord," Seth sighed, shielding Wayne. He looked at the girl with the Dratini, wondering if she'd accept. Then he cast a look at the girl with the Cleffa. The girl who had said they all had potential. Maybe the girl with the Dratini could win.

Mira looked down at Moon, a slight doubt clouded her gaze. She then shook her head with a final sigh, what was she thinking? If she could take down a whole Trevanent, then she had to have some experience. She refused to be intimidated. Moon-Drop hummed slightly before looking up at Mira, "Cleff?" the small pokemon inquired at the girls contemplating look. "We'll have time to challenge one another once we're safe," she muttered before continuing to march forward.

She continued walking past, passing small ponds and small daisies. The cold mud beneath her feet stuck slightly, and dew dripped from leaves, creating a wet environment. Raina loved the rain, made obvious by her name.

Raina smiled nostalgically at the familiar environments. She inhaled the sharp, fresh Pruian air and sighed with delight.

The air began to get foggier as she progressed on the trail. Her stomach rumbled as she walked.

Raina plucked a few mint leaves and berries off of a tree. She had eaten most of her food while traveling, and only had a few crackers left. She popped the leaves and berries into her mouth, relishing the sweet honey like taste.

"Cleffa girl, we should probably leave," Seth said, realizing he didn't know anyone's name. He edged away from the confrontational boy, as well as the Dratini girl. He hoped he wouldn't seem rude. He just really didn't feel comfortable around the man with the Beldum.