• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Results Day is tomorrow!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
This is for the UK sixth-form and college students primarily.

As everyone who's sat exams recently knows, it's the A-Level and AS-Level results day tomorrow. Finally, we get to know just whether we've failed, have to resit a year or passed and can go to university.

I've had some pretty unsettling dreams regarding my results. I'm expecting my AS results tomorrow, and so far I've had two dreams about them. One where I managed to get four Ds, one where I managed to get a B, a D, an E and a U. I'm hoping neither of these are true, and I did better than this.

I'm expecting results from Psychology, Biology, English Combined and Theatre Studies, all subjects I'm fairly good at so hopefully I'll get Cs and above.

What about you guys? What subjects are you expecting results for, and how panicky are you? :)

I get my GCSE results a week after you guys get your AS's, but I'm not at all panicky. Still more concerned about my recovery than results :p

I'll be sure to post mine though.

Sadly, I have no results to collect :(

However, I can (albeit vaguely) remember the sheer panicky depression that always set in before and when I got my results - I was typically bad at exams, which was not at all helped by the general media saying "OMG Exams are so easy this year" etc, etc. Sad to say, I hated the results day so much I'd wait until I was alone to open them, it's also too bad my house never has tubs of ice-cream in the freezer for emergancies.

I know it's a bit late to wish you guys luck in your exams (>.>) but all the same, luck is wished.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Heh, results day, that sure brings back memories...which reminds me, my Geography teacher still owes me a drink.

Not much to say really besides that, good luck and I wish you all the best.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
My results day is August 27th (probably the same day as LoN's) - I WILL be in here flailing about it before and after the event XD

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I got an A, a B, a D and an E altogether. Very happy with my A in drama, especially after discovering I was ten marks off full marks in the performing side.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Does that match the marks you needed for the University you wanted, if you were planning to go? I can't remember... XD

Congrats on the A btw :)

Many congratulations on the A and B El :D I've seen far too many of the other grades myself to know how much you must hate them, but still, they surpass U's by a great degree.