• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rest in peace, Steve Irwin

Steve Irwin, our beloved wild-life crusader and "Croc-hunter" from Australia has past away at age 44. He died earlier today after a stingray stabbed it's poison tipped tail through his chest while he was swimming past it. He was taken via helicopter to an emergency room, but was declared dead before he arrived. Famed for his tv-series, "Crocodile Hunter", Steve Irwin became known as the most daring wildlife expert in the world. I think I speak for us all when I say he has a special place in everyone's heart, and it feels almost as if a close personal friend has died. :'(

Personally, I have watched his show for as long as I can remember. He taught me to respect all animals, but still showed me how wondrous our natural world is. Even though I always feared his close encounters with wildlife would ultimately lead to his demise, I find it tragic that his death was to come as the result of such a horrible accident (apparently the stingray attacked for no reason). I'm sad to see him leave us, but I also am happy that he died doing what he loved most. Rest in peace Steve! You will never leave our hearts!

irwin2_wideweb__470x3520.jpg

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
When I was younger I watched his shows, but after that I only occasionally put on the movie through lack of anything else to do. But still, the news of his death came as a shock. Fatal shocks from stingrays are apparently extremely rare. It got him in the heart. *can't really think of anything else to add* Well, RIP, Steve.

Same here...I was never into his shows, but I thought the movie was kind of funny. I had some friends who were fanatics, though...man, I wonder how they're taking the news. T_T

I shall miss his funny attitude and cool accent...and way of treating animals with respect yet still airing them on TV...sigh...*RIP*

T_T

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Crikey! Poor Steve... RIP. While I did watch hisa shows when I was younger, my interest in him died after the movie.(Which really sucked in my opinion.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sad to see him leave us, but I also am happy that he died doing what he loved most.

My thoughts exactly. As cliche as it is to say, Steve Irwin was an inspiration to us all (or should be). He followed his dreams and did what he loved, traveling all over the world and seeing so many different kinds of animals up close in the flesh. He seemed crazy with his happy-go-lucky attitude, and I'm still not sure if he was super brave or just really stupid, but damn. That guy lived his 44 years on this planet the way he wanted to and didn't just sit back and dream about it. Even though he got in trouble a few times for overstepping his bounds (supposedly got too close to some endangered animals), and even though he could've died countless times (the snakes... the sharks... the bloody crocs!), he still kept going. Strange to think that he's actually gone, and killed by one of the the animals he loved no less...

I watched his show avidly years ago, and every so often I'd tune into it when there was nothing else on. I laughed at how crazy him and his wife were. Like this time when he was underwater in a cage and sharks were smashing against it trying to kill him. His wife was above in the boat raving on in her happy way. Might as well have been saying "Look at those sharks trying to kill my husband! It's amazing!" lol

R.I.P. Croc Hunter :*(