• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Impossible/No Thanks Requset: A Trainer Card with Friend Safari

So i went to make a card and frankly i though to myself ''If i was looking at someone's card i would want to know about their friend safari'' You know? Down to business!

Sadly they don't have it. So I dealt with it the best i could but the name cut short when i put ''Fairy Safari''. I seek out some assistance in the chat room and someone named Ruko gave me the idea to put in the name ''My Safari''. It was perfect. Afterwords i picked the pokemon in my safari and posted it in my group on facebook. Someone said it was genius

I'm posting this so they can add it as a option to the card in the future so everyone can do it ♥!

My Safari.png

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Not a bad idea, honestly. To summarise, you want the option to pick your two/three Pokémon and put them on your trainer card alongside your six party Pokémon?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
To be honest, for the moment, I think simply doing it as you have deals with the issue as well as really necessary.

It'd be a cool idea to do something more, but there are a few questions about where to go with the TCM in the future in terms of new features and ideas, so it's really just one of many for now. I think we'd need to see if Friend Safaris survive past X/Y to truly consider it worth doing - and then we'll see when there's time.

Not a bad idea, honestly. To summarise, you want the option to pick your two/three Pokémon and put them on your trainer card alongside your six party Pokémon?

Yes =3

To be honest, for the moment, I think simply doing it as you have deals with the issue as well as really necessary.

It'd be a cool idea to do something more, but there are a few questions about where to go with the TCM in the future in terms of new features and ideas, so it's really just one of many for now. I think we'd need to see if Friend Safaris survive past X/Y to truly consider it worth doing - and then we'll see when there's time.

It better... I'd be pissed at the Pokémon company if they didn't... What are they gonna do? Bring back dream world?....

I think not.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Monkeyphy I think they've pulled enough decent features before to make it worth thinking about :p That said, I think another issue is how to fit the friend safaris onto the cards as they stand - obviously none of them were designed with friend safaris in mind so far. Maybe it could be made to work, maybe we'd need more creative solutions to make it happen - obviously, we'd have to investigate further.

If friend safaris are still in ORAS, then it's worth looking at the feature more closely. There are technical issues to be worked out - and as @Doctor Oak said, we'd definitely need to see where it fits into the grand scheme of things in terms of what we build for the TCM. As always, the features we add are dictated by what the community wants - I'm certainly willing to think about any idea, even if we can't do them all. So as always, if anyone else likes this idea, please Like the first post! :)

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Yes let us hope for the best. I would like this much, because it is annoying no one can see my FC and Safari Pokes in le Trainer Card.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
As we suspected, the friend safari feature isn't in ORAS. Unfortunately, that means the feature isn't really something with use going forward, and the TCM's development is a case of looking at the long game. I can't see the point of coding a feature that's already obsolete as I'm writing it.

So unless they return in a future game (and stay), I'm going to have to mark this as impossible. Which is a shame, as I actually liked this idea! Sorry about that. :(

Last edited: