• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Request: Make me sprites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Dear Spriting Forum,

My avatar is crappy and fuzzy and was made by me with no artistic ability whatsoever. I put it together from R/S sprites, then blew it up to be 100x100 because the R/S sprites are so small. There is some serious talent here for editing & even starting from scratch. So I request - make me a new avatar! It should be 100x100 and to the following specifications:

I have:
  • long hair that is so dark it looks black - although actually it's the very darkest shade of red. Worn shoulder-length or in pigtails. Has a wave to it. Random photo.
  • dark brown eyes
  • light brown skin - when making "me" I usually use the palest skintone that is brown rather than pink (See my old passport photo.)
  • bright pink, purple or black clothes
  • blue boots

Optional extras:
  • labcoat + flask of noxious chemical
  • big stack of books
  • Nintendo DS - blue
  • Mightyena
  • tricycle - of a size ridable by me, rather than for children (my actual tricycle is here)

I'd like a Pokemon sprite-based avatar for use here, but I'll happily accept other kinds of sprites with credit for use on livejournal. (See my current userpics). In particular, I really want a tricycle userpic for cycling posts. Probably a shot of the trike by itself rather than with me in it.

Any questions? Let me know!

I can add in the lab coat if you choose my avatar!
baratron.png

Although I might have to change the font...

barabike.gif

I decided to give it a shot and came up with that. I hope it's ok that your are on the tricycle. I just thought it would be fun to try and edit the may bicycling sprite. (I haven't tried before)

baratron

Staff member
I can add in the lab coat if you choose my avatar!
Although I might have to change the font...
Cute! Btw, the pink and purple should be much brighter - more like hot pink. Not quite Barbie pink though ;). And I realise I should probably include a photo of the boots.

Actually, the naked legs are the one thing about my original avatar that need fixing; thank you for making yours so quickly. Maybe give her black fishnet tights, or plain black? It looks funny having bare legs sticking out when I pretty much never do that.

[quote author=diamondphantom link=topic=3959.msg51863#msg51863 date=1205193495]
I decided to give it a shot and came up with that. I hope it's ok that your are on the tricycle. I just thought it would be fun to try and edit the may bicycling sprite. (I haven't tried before)
[/quote]
Oh, that is seriously cute :D. Hrm, 44 x 50 pixels? If you make that double the size, so it's 88 x 100 pixels, how awful does it look? Maybe make that bara have purple boots so they stand out against the blue tricycle? (I also have purple ones in real life. And bright patent white - at least, they were patent once.) And put the text Trike! at the top, above the character, so the whole thing is 100 x 100.

I'm so demanding! :o Mind you, I suppose if I'm asking for custom thingies, I might as well get them perfect, so I want to keep using them for years and years...

baratron.png

Here ya go. No so happy with the bookcase, I had to scratch it... And the boots are blue, they're just hard to see... ^^;

baratron

Staff member
Sorry that I haven't replied to anything. I am sick AGAIN. Can't work out if this is a resurgence of the thing I already had, or something new. Stupid lung crud.

doggy-ears' bookcase sprite is total win, I'm loving it :). It makes me look like a Proper Adult, which is something I'm rather bad at. (Case in point, when I taught in schools both students and teachers would mistake me for being one of the students instead of one of the teachers. Oops.)

I like diamondphantom's cycling sprite too. I'll acquire that for use on livejournal, thank you.

I do really appreciate 4pikachu4's sprites too. It feels good when you have a request and several people make things as a result of that. It's not so good when you end up choosing one of them over the other and then feel that you're disappointing the other person :(. I'm not sure anything could compete with the bookcase though, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.