• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Request: Better Pose Lopunny Sprite

Hey folks. No, I'm not dead. I'm actually stopping by with a request that only now did I think to ask.

As many of your may know, if you know me, I love Lopunny. They're my favorite normal type Pokemon. The problem I have found with Lopunny sprites from the games is that they are always in that position that makes you question if it can even be male. So, I decided to make this request.

The request is to get a better positioned Lopunny sprite. Similar to those of the Pokemon Cards you can find, instead of that position that they are trying to be cute. Of course, this would likely take scratching skills and shading skills. Since I've been out of it so long, I don't know who has the skill to do such a thing. That is why anyone has the chance to do this.

If someone has posted saying they want to take it on, that does not mean that the offer is taken away completely. I want anyone out there to try for this, because just because one person takes the offer and says they will do it doesn't always mean that it will come out good or that they will finish it.

There is simply two things I don't wish to see.

1. Please don't give it anything that a Lopunny wouldn't actually have. That means no toys or clothes or third arms.

2. Try to use the same colors used in the existing D/P/P Lopunny sprites. That way they don't get mixed around and it is easier to recolor it in case someone wants to turn your creation into a shiny.

Thank you for reading and if you can, post whether you're gonna do it, so I have an idea who is working on this.

Hello member DayU

I often don't take request but this is a interesting request. I will accept it, of course it will take time.

Tommorow and next week I have to study for exams but if I work really hard today I think I'll have it finished ;).

But do you want to have a fighting position sprite or a standing position?

Fighting, standing, basically any pose that you can actually see it's lack-there-of shoulders and legs open.

Your request is nearly finished but do you like the pose?

LopunnyWIP.png

Do you want to have a shiny version aswell?

Oooh. I do like this quite a bit. The body is in a much better pose.

The only thing I feel is weird is the ears. They seem in a weird position.

A Shiny version isn't that bad.

Alloo. Hope I'm not to late to submit.

lopunny_repose_trans.png
lopunny_repose_shiny_trans.png

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/Pokemon/lopunny_repose_trans.png
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/Pokemon/lopunny_repose_shiny_trans.png

I used the pose found in the trading card you used as a reference to give me when I did the 'Maid Lopunny'. XD That was fun, so I decided I'd give Lopunny another shot. I'm not too familiar with using the regular Pokemon-style-shading techniques, so if it looks a little off, that's why. You have permission to use these sprites, as well as recolor them if you think it needs it.

Enjoy. :)

Alloo. Hope I'm not to late to submit.

lopunny_repose_trans.png
lopunny_repose_shiny_trans.png

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/Pokemon/lopunny_repose_trans.png
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/Pokemon/lopunny_repose_shiny_trans.png

I used the pose found in the trading card you used as a reference to give me when I did the 'Maid Lopunny'. XD That was fun, so I decided I'd give Lopunny another shot. I'm not too familiar with using the regular Pokemon-style-shading techniques, so if it looks a little off, that's why. You have permission to use these sprites, as well as recolor them if you think it needs it.

Enjoy. :)

Wow, Pika! Even after months of being away you still seem to be one of the greatest spriters out there. I am quite please with this. Thank you very much. ^_^

If anyone else wants to keep trying, they may. There's no reason not to.

If anyone else wants to keep trying, they may. There's no reason not to.

Oh, well ok ...
And I worked really hard on your request. *sigh*
But it's okay ... I am not going to make a drama about it ... I am only a little bit sad that my sprite wasn't so good or nice.

[quote author=DayU link=topic=6253.msg106728#msg106728 date=1244837976] If anyone else wants to keep trying, they may. There's no reason not to.

Oh, well ok ...
And I worked really hard on your request. *sigh*
But it's okay ... I am not going to make a drama about it ... I am only a little bit sad that my sprite wasn't so good or nice.
[/quote]Your sprite was beautiful! :( I loved it so much, I wanted to make the shiny version.

That's a very nice one, too, KageX.

It looks like you took the Lopunny sprite, changed the legs around, depending on how your sprite started, and simply moved the arms. Very good.

yea, i tried to keep it looking like the original lopunny pose but also have it look like this
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/a/ae/ParisandherLopunny.PNG

here ya go.I don't have good scratching skills so it's not very good. :p

[Edit] No more white spaces, please. Once it's cropped though, feel free to put it back

Edit: there cropped

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
What again? Please stop posting sprites until you've fixed this problem please. The huge white space is just too big and unnessasary. Just crop the image around the sprite. I'm going to have to remove this one, but when you have the cropped version, feel free to edit it into your post - because it's actually pretty good.

Also, double posting is against the rules. Please use the 'edit' buttom next time.