• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Removing EV's

I got a level 9 Duskull in a trade recently and I would like to EV train it. However, it was egg hatched, so it has 8 levels worth of EV points on it. How would I go about removing them? (I am sure there is a way, but I can't think of what it was.) Sadly, I don't know what it has fought in order to know what EVs it has.

Happiness berries, though I can't remember the names off-hand, remove EV's specific to each stat. I believe there is a list at Bulbapedia somewhere, should you want more direction than I currently give you.

You'll want to get a couple and grow them, as the berries remove what? 10 at a time I think.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
To quote what Jet originally wrote in the EVs/IVs sticky thread on the Pokemon Games Discussion board:

The EV lowering Berries lower the EVs of a stat by 10 points if the total EVs is under 100. If the total EVs is over 100, a single berry would reduce it to 100 EVs. They're good for reseting the EVs of a Pokemon.

The berries are as follows:

- Pomeg - Lowers HP EVs
- Kelpsy - Lowers Attack EVs
- Qualot - Lowers Defense EVs
- Hondew - Lowers Special Attack EVs
- Grepa - Lowers special defense EVs
- Tamato - Lowers speed EVs

Also, gonna move this thread to the Pokemon Gaming Board. Hope this helps answer your question. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So if it is at level 9 from 1, would you say 5 of each berry would reset them?

Hard to say. It really depends how many battles the Pokemon has been in. I'd say just keep using them for each stat until it tells you the stat won't go any lower.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Firstly...

The berries are as follows:

- Pomeg - Lowers HP EVs
- Kelpsy - Lowers Attack EVs
- Qualot - Lowers Defense EVs
- Hondew - Lowers Special Attack EVs
- Grepa - Lowers special defense EVs
- Tamato - Lowers speed EVs

...and then...

[quote author=DarkTypeMaster link=topic=6955.msg124472#msg124472 date=1259075723]
Pomeg Berry: -10 HP EVs
Kelpsy Berry: -10 Attack EVs
Qualot Berry: -10 Defense EVs
Hondew Berry: -10 Special Attack EVs
Grepa Berry: -10 Special Defense EVs
Tamato Berry: -10 Speed EVs

Feed each of them once to the Duskull.
Hope it helped ;)
[/quote]

...probably would have been a lot more helpful if you'd actually looked at the third post in the topic, wouldn't it now?