1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing EV's

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Sarge the Heavy, Nov 15, 2009.

1. I got a level 9 Duskull in a trade recently and I would like to EV train it. However, it was egg hatched, so it has 8 levels worth of EV points on it. How would I go about removing them? (I am sure there is a way, but I can't think of what it was.) Sadly, I don't know what it has fought in order to know what EVs it has.

2. Happiness berries, though I can't remember the names off-hand, remove EV's specific to each stat. I believe there is a list at Bulbapedia somewhere, should you want more direction than I currently give you.

You'll want to get a couple and grow them, as the berries remove what? 10 at a time I think.

3. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

To quote what Jet originally wrote in the EVs/IVs sticky thread on the Pokemon Games Discussion board:

The berries are as follows:

- Pomeg - Lowers HP EVs
    - Kelpsy - Lowers Attack EVs
    - Qualot - Lowers Defense EVs
    - Hondew - Lowers Special Attack EVs
    - Grepa - Lowers special defense EVs
    - Tamato - Lowers speed EVs

Also, gonna move this thread to the Pokemon Gaming Board. Hope this helps answer your question. :)

4. So if it is at level 9 from 1, would you say 5 of each berry would reset them?

5. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Hard to say. It really depends how many battles the Pokemon has been in. I'd say just keep using them for each stat until it tells you the stat won't go any lower.

6. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

Firstly...

...and then...

[quote author=DarkTypeMaster link=topic=6955.msg124472#msg124472 date=1259075723]
    Pomeg Berry: -10 HP EVs
    Kelpsy Berry: -10 Attack EVs
    Qualot Berry: -10 Defense EVs
    Hondew Berry: -10 Special Attack EVs
    Grepa Berry: -10 Special Defense EVs
    Tamato Berry: -10 Speed EVs

Feed each of them once to the Duskull.
    Hope it helped ;)
    [/quote]

...probably would have been a lot more helpful if you'd actually looked at the third post in the topic, wouldn't it now?