• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Rehab

(Discussion & Sign-Up Thread Here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/rehab-discussion-sign-up.18122/)

The Center was quiet, as it usually was. After the failure year of 2014, they'd stayed low for three years, but now they decided it was time to try again. They preyed on children with issues, luring them in with a false sense of security and hope. But the "Medical Department of Seattle" was not the building the children would be in. This building was actually in the middle of nowhere in North Oregon, miles and miles of absolutely nothing surrounding it. The workers had gotten their 'batch' of newcomers, and they were all set in rickety beds in the infirmary section of the building, the guards- or, nurses- awaiting their awakening.

Niomi Rodriguez was one of the first to wake- thick black lashes fluttering open to reveal icy green eyes that immediately attempted to look around. Her body felt like it was filled with lead, and all felt heavy. She attempted to lift her head but couldn't manage; from the corner of her eye she could see rows of beds, like hospital beds. Simple, silver wire frames with bland mattresses. Most of them look occupied, by people younger and older alike. She attempted to remember what had happened since she'd last closed her eyes, but nothing came to mind. All that she could think of was waking up here. This was where her story began.
"Hel..lo?" she managed past what felt like glass in her throat. Her voice was unbelievably hoarse, and as would the others'. The burning that she should've felt the moment she woke up attacked her as soon as she uttered those words. Like a dry fire seeping past the flesh of her throat, stripping it of all the moisture and leaving it a barren drought land. She attempted to say the word 'water', but all that came from her chapped lips was a weak rattle.

Last edited:
Jason stared blankly up at the ceiling, thinking about how bland and colorless it was, but a small speck of black on it caught his attention. Was it a bit of dirt? A fly? He was unsure, but thankful for at least something to take his mind off of his surroundings. He didn't bother trying to remember his name. Nor his age, or just about anything yet. He could understand his intelligence, but the memories were still fading, He could recall a woman, presumably his mother, but only her face. He couldn't recall anything past that.
He turned his head to see a girl with frizzy black hair and silky, caramel skin glancing about before calling out; "Hel..lo?" Her voice was very hoarse, a bit on the scratchy side. Jason considered replying, but also considered doing the opposite, and do nothing. After a short-lived debate in his head, he finally opened his mouth (clearing his throat out first). "Hello." He stated simply, to find his own voice pretty hoarse as well, making him cringe. So much for a first impression.

Niomi glared at the ceiling, which was all she could really do, when another voice acknowledged her, equally as hoarse as hers.
"Do you happen to know-" she cleared her throat again. "-why I've woken up in a strange room filled with teenagers?" she asked the voice. Her body was slowly regaining feeling, and she turned her head to the source of the noise. Her voice was low- it sounded like someone ripped her vocal cords out, dragged them against gravel, and stitched them back in. She swallowed in an attempt to ease it. It didn't work.
The sound of something clicking against tile interrupted them, and a woman dressed in a simple white nurse-uniform came before them.
"Hello!" she said cheerfully, addressing the two waking members of their new society. "Welcome to the Medical Department of Seattle. It appears you two are the first to wake!"
"Woo," Niomi 'cheered' quietly.

Orin was awake lying on his hospital bed before Niomi was and just as confused as her, though he didn't show it. He had no idea where he was, When she and another person spoke, Orin covered his face with his pillow and stayed silent, until the overly cheery nurse walked in with her announcement. He took the pillow off his face and made a monotone inquiry, mentally wincing at the gravelly tone in his voice. "Why does my throat feel like it just had shattered glass poured through it?"

Last edited:
"Oh! Because you've been asleep for a while," the nurse replied as though it were nothing.
How long is a while? Niomi couldn't help the questions bubbling up inside her, almost making it past her throat.
"I suppose you lot are thirsty, so I'll go get you some water."
And with that the nurse was gone, leaving the children alone with each other- but considering all of them were in a considerable amount of discomfort due to thirst, so it was more so leaving the children alone with their thoughts.
Which was a little more intimidating, even though that was all they were.
Children.

Dmitri looked across the room, straining to keep his head up. He notice the other children. “Is this hell? I might’ve forgotten my death certificate!” Dmitri said to the jokingly, his Russian accent being covered by his gravelly voice. He felt horrible but with a long breath he sat up and leaned on the wall behind him, there was a slight wincing as he did this, which eminated from his own mouth.

Orin sighed, which he did with some difficulty due to the fact that he felt like he had just swallowed hundreds of needles, and managed to sit up in his bed. He ran blistered fingers through his tangled, rough hair and blinked one or fifty times. Feelings of confusion and uncertainty at the nurse's answer swirled through his brain, but Orin's face remained emotionless, even after Dmitri's joke.

He was unsure as whether to speak up, get mad at the joke, laugh at it, or do nothing. His mind was conflicted in an internal civil war that he had no dictation over. So, he inadvertently selected the fourth option, and remained silent, though his mind was swirling. He could quench his thirst and wet his parched throat, as well as actually get to meet some of these strangers that surrounded him, so it couldn't be so bad.
He turned his head to look at several of the other people other than the girl. They seemed generic, or at least, that's how Jason felt. Most people were generic to him, unless that did something significant that involved him. He turned his head to look back at the ceiling again, his mind being sucked back into the black hole of thoughts.

She wasn't able to bring herself to laugh at the joke, although she had kind of wanted to. So they sat in the bitter silence for a moment more before, once again, the clicking of heels on tile addressed them, this time accompanied by the strangled screech of wheels.
Niomi managed to look up to see the woman wheeling a little trolley-cart that held, like, seventy water bottles. And then she proceeded to walk around to each individual bed, asking everyone if they wanted water, as though someone would politely decline.
She eventually got to them, and gave them the bottles with a smile that would've been reassuring had Niomi known exactly where she was. Regardless, she uttered a raspy "Thank you", quickly bringing it to her mouth, an act that surprising took most, if not all of her force, but was a relief that was beyond sweet to the aching in her throat. Trails of near-frigid water washed over the dry form of her tongue and were sent spiraling down her throat, taking away the bitter discomfort.
She never really thought a drink of water could be so perfectly relieving, but here she was.

Xonak woke up to find himself in a dusty room filled with other people. They were conversing, but, of course, Xonak wouldn't even try. His throat seemed to be past the point of dead, but he didn't know. It was always like that. After what seemed like thirty minutes, some nurses came around with water, and gave one to him. Wow. He thought. This is blatant catching up to the story. He sat up, taking, like, half of his energy to do that. He was always tired. He knew that. Alright. He wanted to start making conversation, but all of the other teens were busy indulging in their bottles of pure paradise. He waited until one of them finished, and gave a warm smile.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Titus woke up to find himself in a room with a bunch of people conversing and this scared the 14 year old boy as he had no idea what these people were going to do to him. He tried resisting but he could not talk nor could he move. After a solid 30 minutes, the nurses finally offered him some water. After the teen gulped down the liquid he looked around at the other rehab teens and thought to himself, "I'm going to be here for a very long time aren't I". He did hear the joke that the Russian accented bit made but he didn't care.

Jason was distrusting of the woman, more so than he was of the water. He still couldn't remember jack shit about anything, except some sort of ideology, or belief he held. No, it wasn't superstition. He'd deducted that reasoning. He quickly figured out he was a theorist of sorts. This was interesting. But along with this, came his realization of conspiracies. Was this something he was in? A conspiracy? This thought made him trust the woman and her water all the less. When she came around, Jason was tempted to deny the water, but as he opened his mouth to do so, he came to the realization he still needed it, truth serum or not.
So he took the bottle, averting his eyes from the woman as he uncapped it, and down the hatch it went. Before his throat could even register what soothing treatment it was receiving, he'd already downed the whole bottle, much to his disappointment. With a sigh, Jason leaned back, putting the cap back on the bottle, and looking around the room, finding that he was much more awake after that. How refreshing. Perhaps the put some sort of medicine in that water? He was unsure, but also didn't want to find out if they had. It would scare the shit out of him.

Xonak waited for someone to post about his smile, at least a little bit. He went back to his own pure paradise, thinking. Xonak doesn't trust this place. It just seemed... off. He looked around the room, inspecting all of the others. After a couple minutes of thinking, he suddenly wanted to godmode. He didn't know why or how to do it in the first place. Xonak shrugged, went back to his water, and waited for someone to continue the story.

(I feel like i'm the exposition person)

Halt got up from the bed. "The hell am I?" He asked nobody. Someone offered a bottle of water, that he soon drained. Looking around, he saw some other people talking. Halt didn't want anything with them, so he kept his distance.

The banner that had greeted them originally did a pretty good job at answering their burning question of "Where am I?", be it a lie or not.
Niomi sat up, biting back the feeble groan that attempted to get past her lips. Everything ached, as though she'd just ran a marathon.
"Can you confirm that you are Niomi Rodriguez?" the nurse asked sweetly, seeming to casually materialize beside her. Niomi flinched, but nodded briefly. She went around asking everyone this, replace 'Niomi Rodriguez' with their name. It seemed that they were asking questions they should already know the answers to.
Would you like some water?
Ha, no thanks, I'll just sit as the Sahara Desert consumes me as an organism. Thanks, though.
YES I WANT SOME GODDAMN WATER.
Is this your name?
No. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
YES, THAT'S ME.
And it seemed that for every question they asked, the teens who were seemingly paralyzed asked five. The difference was that the nurses' questions got answers.

They asked Xonak if he was, indeed, Xonak OwO Kanox. He nodded, adding with an OwO face. The nurse chuckled, walking over to the next person. He listened, and then knew all of the names of all of the people. Wow. What a blatant sentence. He looked around, not even trying to make it interesting anymore. A lot of people were mad. Why? He didn't know.

However, when the nurse came to Orin, it took about fifteen minutes to get an answer to her questions. "Is your name Orin Haniki?" Silence. "Is that your name?" Silence. "I'll... um, take that as a yes. Anyways, next question!" Rinse and repeat, since she kept asking Orin yes or no questions. The nurse finished her final question and heaved an exasperated sigh, clearly glad it was over. Orin stiffly opened the water bottle and tilted it back, feeling the water rehydrate his body.

When the nurse came by with water Dmitri gratefully took it and drank half of it, putting the rest under his pillow in the bottle. What is your name? A nurse asked him. “Dmitri.” He said blatantly, not giving his last name. He looked towards the others with a small smile. “Hey, at least our voices aren’t gravel anymore eh?” He said cheerfully.

Xonak nodded at Dmitri's comment. He didn't want to be rude, and he didn't want to just dissapear from the rp. He had no ideas. Not being able to communicate via talking was a challenge. For him, and BeepLettuceBee. no dialogue. He thought. God. He had minor ideas. Doing an OwO face when asked for his name. Creating a diversion by anime catgirl dancing and then doing a jacking off motion. He was lost. Always. This isn't gonna work. But is has to.

"Is your name Jason Myers?"
Jason swiveled about to the nurse, whom had almost wrapped her questionnaire with the teens. He raised an eyebrow at her. Jason Myers? He was unsure if this really was his name, but it made him think of some horror movies. Funny. He remembered a movie more than his own name. "Is it?" She asked sweetly, and he looked into her eyes, about to answer honestly, but saw through the sickly sweet facade she'd put up. That smile was so fake. Her demeanor was too stiff. She acted like their annoying, concerned friend, when really, she might not even give a shit about any of them. He noticed her posture shift for a moment, betraying annoyance as he'd failed to answer again. "Well?"
"Yes." Jason finally said, surprised at his voice. It was deeper than he'd expected. This made her move on, and he relaxed a bit, as he realized just how tense he'd been. Every muscle was clenched and flexing, as he'd been ready to defend himself. Against what? Not like that woman could have taken on the likes of 'Jason', if that was his real name. Unless she had a gun or something. The teen shrugged to himself as he looked about at the others, all either still waking up, or beginning to converse, then the select few that said nothing.

Last edited:
"Alright! Now that I have all your names," the nurse began, "I'm sure you all want to get up and walk around. You're free to, but I need..." she looked down at her list, moving along with a finger. "Lynn Waters, please."
A tall girl with blonde hair slowly stood and shuffled confidently towards the nurse, brushing a strand of hair to her back as though she was so sure about this place, like she'd been here before. The nurse led her to a set of doors, and when they shut, only the bitter silence of uncertainty filled the room.
As Niomi looked around, she saw that there wasn't much to walk around on. Rows and rows of bed in a narrow hall. That was it. There wasn't even a window. Regardless, she got up and solemnly stretched out her sore limbs. Her back popped surprisingly loud, and she did everything- popped her neck, cracked her knuckles, stretched her legs... It felt kind of perfect.
Except, of course, the looming dread of anxiety about the fact that she still had no idea where exactly she was, despite the sign.

Xonak got up, only to have his knees buckle and his body fall back n the hard 'mattress'. This thing would definitely fail the raw egg test. He breathed for a bit, before trying to stand up again. This time, he stood for a second, before stretching his appendages. People were talking. But not to him. (oh my god i can't stop looking at that garchomp gif) He found it hard to join in a conversation. He'd only wait for people to talk to him.

Dmitri stood up and stretched quickly and began to do one armed pushups on the ground, after 5 on each arm he walked over to the doors and peeked through the crack crack between the doors. (@_obsequious you decide what he saw, I don’t know what he SHOULD see there.)

Orin stretched his arms, extending them upward as high as he could, feeling his back pop from the effort. Sighing, he flopped down on his bed and closed his eyes. All of his confusion and anxiety had died down, as Orin took on an indifferent mindset, not really caring about what was going on or going to happen as of now.

What he saw was particularly terrifying.
A pair of big, bulging brown eyes staring back at him.
The face of a furious man looking in. He opened the door quickly, not caring if he hit him with it.
"Now just what do you think you're doing, boy?!" the man barked, veins in his head popping. "This is a private room! We're trying to help you, but you can't go snooping around everywhere! Get back to where you were and now!" his voice had risen to a scream, drawing plenty of attention. People started staring. A nurse rushed in, pushing the man back by his chest, not very hard.
"We're sorry! He's one of our adult patients... supreme anger issues... Our apologies!" she cried, forcing a smile, shooting a deathly glare at the man. "But we really would appreciate if you don't look through the doors."
Niomi, all the sudden, really really wanted to look through the door. As the nurse and the man disappeared behind it, she started walking forward, but the nurse pulled a small drape over the thin window.
"Shit," Niomi hissed. Something felt wrong, and suddenly she didn't feel so safe.
What's going on back there?

Dmitri’s head hit the door, ending with a massive bruise on his forehead. “Cyka...” he muttered under his breath to the man. He got back up and kicked the door in anger. “YOU FUCKING ASSHATS.” He half yelled at the door. He then walked over to a wall and sat down leaning against it. “These people aren’t going to help us...” he thought to himself. “Indeed, I think this is too much like that one game. What was it?” The voice replied “portal.” Another voice said. “Jesus fuck shut up.” Dmitri thought to them. They went silent.

Niomi leaned into the wall, stomach churning with worry. She paced around a bit, and sat on her bed, folding her hands in her lap.
No, sitting still wasn't helping.
She stood back up, started pacing again. Yeah, that helped a bit.
The nurse walked back in shortly with the girl- the blonde girl who left earlier. The girl looked quiet, scared maybe.
The nurse directed her back to her bed and looked back down at her list.
"I need Niomi Rodriguez," she announced, looking over the crowd to spot her. Niomi's stomach dropped.
"Fuck."
The nurse saw her before Niomi could do anything, and walked towards her with a huge smile.
"Hi, sweetheart! Come with me." she directed, but the girl stood.
"Why?"
"Counselling." the nurse said sweetly, her voice edging with malice. It was subtle, but Niomi noticed it. The nurse grabbed her arm and led her forward, Niomi stumbling after her. She tugged away.
"I.. I don't want to." she whispered weakly. The nurse chuckled.
"There's nothing to be afraid of. I know you're scared, but please. Come with me." she murmured, taking a firmer grip on Niomi's arm, her nails digging into tender caramel flesh. She managed a gasp of pain, but before she could do anything else she was behind the doors.
Once they shut behind her, the nurse leaned in to a little radio she'd grabbed from a waistbelt.
"Niomi Rodriguez. Code Yellow." she muttered grimly.

Orin turned in his bed so he was facing the nurse and Niomi until the nurse led her out of the room. Sighing, the boy sat up and managed to get out of his bed and stand on the cold hard ground. His legs and feet ached with the effort of getting out, but he was able to stay standing as he walked over to the window on the door, watching Niomi get walked away.