• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Regions

Mmm, I sure like a lot of them, to be honest. The only region that sits uncomfortably at all with me is Sinnoh. The last couple years, my favorite has been Unova--the characters are really fleshed out, and the region pays a good homage to what it's representing in our world. Especially with the additions made in B2W2! I loved that California was added (i laughed so hard at the city so inconspicuously named Virbank,) and the Southwest. I'm sure if I was from Japan, I'd understand the Japanese regions' references to the regions of Japan a lot better, and would appreciate them more, but alas. ): Johto also has a special place in my heart, even with how congested the whole region is... poor Johto didn't age too well, but I still love it to bits.

I like a lot of them - but probably my favorite has to be Kalos. It was the region I played when I got back into the game. It has beautiful music and cool landscapes and cityscapes. I like the other regions too, but Kalos has a special place in my heart.