• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Region Wars: (Title in Progress. Give Suggestions)

(Note: I have not fully fleshed out the idea for this story, so some things are subject to change. Do not rely on one singular aspect of the RP for it is subject to change)

Basics: In this RP, you are in a region in which a war takes place. During this time, humans are closer relatives to the Pokemon Mew, so they have an affinity with one or two types. Only around 50% of the human population has affinities and only 12.5% have two affinities. Due to the current state of humanity, Pokemon is only tamable to a person who has said affinity. Pokemon are also incredibly difficult at taming, so it is highly unlikely that a person would have six Pokemon. Average would be around two. People with affinities are capable of using a physical form of hidden power of said type/s. They channel their inner typing and release it through the ability of punching, kicking, etc. Human's have been able to channel abilities into weapons as well, capable of the weapon having aspects of affinity. Pokemon can die in this universe due to lack of technology that helps Pokemon themselves.

Lore: As of now, I do not have much lore other than two regions are at war. This is more of an oddball idea I had that I wish to be seen turned into an RP. I need help developing the story of these regions, so even if you don't plan on RP-ing and have an idea, please share it.

Affinities: Affinities come in shape of Pokemon typing. If a human had a fire affinity, they could use Charmander. Charizard is flying type, though, but since it is still fire type, it can still be tamable with your fire affinity. If a Pokemon loses its type affinity you share with it when it evolves, you can still have a relation with it and use it in battle. This would mean if you have a normal affinity, you can use Leafeon because Eevee was a normal type. You can't, however, have an affinity with a Pokemon that evolves into that type. That would mean that if you have a grass affinity, you cannot tame Eevee, even if it turns into a grass type. You can still use a leafeon if you have a grass affinity though because it is now grass type.

So you wanna sign up? Well please do so in this format! (Universal Character Sheet accepted with editing)

Human Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance: (3 sentences)
Personality: (3 Sentences)
History: (3 Sentences)
Virtues: (May not exceed flaws. Must have 3)
Flaws:
Affinity/s:

Pokemon Character Sheet

Name:
Species:
Ability: (If Unique, please explain why)
History: (3 sentences)
Personality: (Trait or Nature acceptable)
Unique Qualities:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
(Note: I have not fully fleshed out the idea for this story, so some things are subject to change. Do not rely on one singular aspect of the RP for it is subject to change)

Basics: In this RP, you are in a region in which a war takes place. During this time, humans are closer relatives to the Pokemon Mew, so they have an affinity with one or two types. Only around 50% of the human population has affinities and only 12.5% have two affinities. Due to the current state of humanity, Pokemon is only tamable to a person who has said affinity. Pokemon are also incredibly difficult at taming, so it is highly unlikely that a person would have six Pokemon. Average would be around two. People with affinities are capable of using a physical form of hidden power of said type/s. They channel their inner typing and release it through the ability of punching, kicking, etc. Human's have been able to channel abilities into weapons as well, capable of the weapon having aspects of affinity. Pokemon can die in this universe due to lack of technology that helps Pokemon themselves.

Lore: As of now, I do not have much lore other than two regions are at war. This is more of an oddball idea I had that I wish to be seen turned into an RP. I need help developing the story of these regions, so even if you don't plan on RP-ing and have an idea, please share it.

Affinities: Affinities come in shape of Pokemon typing. If a human had a fire affinity, they could use Charmander. Charizard is flying type, though, but since it is still fire type, it can still be tamable with your fire affinity. If a Pokemon loses its type affinity you share with it when it evolves, you can still have a relation with it and use it in battle. This would mean if you have a normal affinity, you can use Leafeon because Eevee was a normal type. You can't, however, have an affinity with a Pokemon that evolves into that type. That would mean that if you have a grass affinity, you cannot tame Eevee, even if it turns into a grass type. You can still use a leafeon if you have a grass affinity though because it is now grass type.

So you wanna sign up? Well please do so in this format! (Universal Character Sheet accepted with editing)

Human Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance: (3 sentences)
Personality: (3 Sentences)
History: (3 Sentences)
Virtues: (May not exceed flaws. Must have 3)
Flaws:
Affinity/s:

Pokemon Character Sheet

Name:
Species:
Ability: (If Unique, please explain why)
History: (3 sentences)
Personality: (Trait or Nature acceptable)
Unique Qualities:
Can a person have only two affinities?

Name: Sazan Ibuki
Appearance: He has blue eyes with black hair. Sazan wears a blue scarf and black ninja atire with a blue belt. He has sword straped to his back and Shuriken starped to his belt.
Personailty: He is very straight forward. Sazan is kind when you get to know him well enough. He gets angered quickly, and you don't like him when he's angry.
History: He was born and raised in a small town in the middle of both regions. A battle between them burned his village to the ground. He now wants to stop war so that this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Virtues: Sword fighting, Shuriken throwing, and good leadership.
Flaws: He does things without thinking. He is kind of unintelleigent when it comes to strategies. Sazan hates heights and will not climb high cliffs and refuses ro go on them.
Affinity: Water, Dragon

His Pokémon:
Name: Saizo
Species: Greninja
Ability: Protean.
History: He was a froakie when Sazan's village was attacked. He and Sazan were the only survivors. The now share an ubreakable bond.
Personaility: Niave, often alert to sounds.
Unique qualities: None

Name: Slippy
Species: Goodra
Ability: Sap sipper.
History: He joined on Sazan and Saizo's travels when his old owner wss murdered. He followed them around for a while, and then finally joined them. He was a part of a pivotal battle in the war.
Personaility: Adament, often takes siestas
Unique qualities: his arma are scarred from the battle.

Last edited:
@HydreigonBorn37 I would say accepted, but I don't exactly have this 100% fleshed out right now, so I am going to refrain from doing so. Do you have any idea's for the RP? I want to hear something of people who wish to participate

VIVA LA RESISTANCE kind of thing? Their own side tasked to end the war? Both will have a common goal and that would be to destroy this thing. It could work, I would just have to expand on it

Name: Avia
Appearance: Long hair, hair is also brown and very wavy. Not quite tall, and Avia also has amber eyes. Light skin and thin. She usually wears torn looking pants with a white blouse. A light pink scarf around her neck.
Personality: At first, she's nervous around others, but is really sympathetic and kind. Despite not showing it, really intelligent.
History: She lived a peaceful life, up until the war. Her village began to experience attacks and raids, which lead to many fleeing and hiding in fear. That's when a Ralts was drawn to her affinity, and they began to bond over time.
Virtues: When focused, she can speak with her Ralts through telepathy. Can lightly levitate objects.
Flaws: Gets really nervous around other people. Gets along with Pokémon much better than people. Easily distracted, and when using her affinity's abilities, she can't control them much.
Affinity/s: Fairy and Psychic

Name: Aquarius
Species: Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
History: Drawn to Avia's affinities, Aquarius was able to communicate to her via. telepathy. This has saved both of them multiple times, and is quite handy.
Personality: Timid (only trusts Avia, mainly because they have a similar personality and her affinities.) Highly curious (When with Avia, they love to explore and have a fun time, unless left with a stranger.)
Unique Qualities: Speaking with Avia through telepathy.

Sorry that I couldn't submit this sooner.
Also, there should be a rogue group or something trying to overthrow the current leader, or perhaps an organization trying to learn about affinities and try to bend them to their will (sort of like the "evil team" in the games I guess) as well as the ongoing war. Just my thoughts! :p

Human Character Sheet
Name: Kaiden Long
Appearance: Kaiden has short spiky brown hair, prominent facial features, and has green eyes. He stands at about 5'10 and has white skim. Kaiden wears black sweatpants and a red T-shirt underneath a black jacket with grey fur around the hood.
Personality: Kaiden is Brash and shows no qualms about showing off his strength. He is always down for a fight, but kaiden doesn't always play fair. He believes that in a real fight there are no rules and one should always capitalize on an opportunity. Kaiden's hot-blooded attitude generally gets him into trouble, and he always gets back at those who've wronged him. Kaiden has shown he is a talented fighter like Kain, but also shows signs of Yanko's arrogance and Evan's cunning. Kaiden wants to be known for his own strength and hates when hes compared to someone else.
History: Kaiden grew up with 3 older brothers who always fought with him; Kain was the oldest a Psychic/Fighting affinity, He led the brothers and was admired for his leadership. Yanko was the second oldest a Dark/Poison Affinity, He was cruel and always beat up on the other brothers but his stealth skill was unmatched in the Region. The third was Evan the Psychic/Steel affinity, He was the brains of the brothers, but that didn't stop him from looking down on Kaiden too. All his brothers had something they were good at, and Kaiden grew up in their shadow resenting that they looked down on him. Kaiden decided on his 17th birthday to leave his family to find his own path free of his brothers condescending gazes.
Virtues: Sharp senses, Short Bursts of Increased Speed, Able to densify his muscles to hit harder.
Flaws: Brash, Hot-Headed, Prone to going to far in battle, Dishonorable combat tactics, Pitiless to those who are weak.
Affinity/s: Dark/Fighting.
433851_trainercard-Kaiden_Long.png

Pokemon Character Sheet

Name: Kapura
Species: Blaziken
Ability: Speed Boost
History: Belonged to his mother before her death, Kapura was a Combusken when it was passed onto him. Kapura and Kaiden were sparring partners for a while before Kapura Evolved, they learned each other's styles quickly developing a strong bond of trust. Kapura looks for strong opponents always striving to be stronger.
Personality: Adamant
Unique Qualities: None

Name: Walhardt
Species: Bisharp
Ability: Defiant
History: His original partner pokemon, he received him as a pawniard when he realized his affinity. As a pawniard Walhardt was humble and sought after strong teachers so it could learn, but as time went on he became arrogant like his master. Once besting it's peers and evolving Walhardt became a merciless fighter, unrelenting untill the end and not pulling any punches. Walhardt fights like Kaiden does, using every advantage it can against its opponent
Personality: Serious
Unique Qualities:

Last edited by a moderator:
Human Character Sheet
Name: Jay Penn
Appearance: Jay stands at 5 ft 8 and always wears a white tee covered up by a black jacket. He wears a set of blackish jeans, with belt holding a grapple hook and a couple of smoke bombs. He wears white trainers and has White hair, along with blue eyes.
Personality: Jay is a very cold, self-amused person, unlike others, he prefers to be alone with his pokemon. He is not afraid of going into battle, and has a strong sense of justice. He loves too sneak up on people, and give them challenges.
History: Jay has a very gruesome history. His mother and father tried to tame a Machamp, and a Garchomp, but were never seen again. Jay was raised in the care of his God father, who had a particular interest in pokemon breeding.
Virtues: Has varied bursts of speed, and has exceptional climbing abilities, along with the ability to turn certain body parts invisible, so he can hide better than most humans.
Flaws: Sometimes, Jay is over-confident, and often misjudges opponents.
Affinity/s: Ghost, Dark

Pokemon Character Sheet

Name: Gren
Species: Greninja
Ability:Torrent
History: Gren was given to Jay as a present for his 16th Birthday as an egg. He hatched as Jay was getting chased by a swarm of Beedrill, therefor saving his life. Jay then gave all of his respect to the Froakie, and agreed to train him. Gren has a fierce rivalry with Sciz, Since Sciz is jealous of Gren getting all the attention.
Personality: Hasty
Unique Qualities: Frequent speed bursts

Name: Sciz
Species: Scizor
Ability: Light Metal
History: Given to Jay as an egg just after his God father died, and hatched on his 17th Birthday. He then evolved into Scizor, after Jay gave him a metal coat and gave him to a freind to train.
Personality: Bold
Unique Qualities: can glide for a long time using his wings.