• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Region of Contests & Coordinators

todoroki

Previously gamora
Osmio packed up his bag and got out of the classroom, going slowly through the halls, contemplating participation. He hadn't really acquainted himself with many of his classmates, and he wasn't sure if he was going to. Still, even if it would be a lot of attention, participating in the contest could be fun. Still, a part of him felt like he should get to know some people before he started doing something that would be putting himself that front and center.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Vicky overheard the mention of a freshmen contest and already she felt both great excitement and also plenty of nerves.

As Vicky gathered her things to move down the halls, the prospect of her first contest since arriving here was a daunting one; what if she screwed up? She’d look like a fool to the other freshmen which could start her off on the wrong foot.

On the other hand, there was no question in her own mind. Even with that concern, she had to participate; becoming a better Coordinator and competing in Contests was the entire reason she chose to go to this school to begin with. If she didn’t take advantage of such an opportunity, then why would she have come here in the first place?

As she and her Gardevoir Harmony walked along the hall, they saw a student ahead of them as Vicky decided that socializing with her classmates could only be a benefit to her as she walked over towards the student with Harmony in toe.

“Hey there, you gonna enter that freshmen contest?” Vicky asked as she figured this would be a decent ice breaker question.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
"Oh," Crimson exclaimed, a bit shaken from the sudden appearance of the Martial Arts Pokemon. "Why hello there." Crimson crouched down to it's height and waved towards the Mienfoo. The yellow-and-red weasel Pokemon stood in between the two coordinators, looking protective of it's trainer. "Haha," Crimson laughed a bit at the Pokemon's protective stance. "Anyways, what were you saying before your Pokemon here popped out of nowhere?"

Mienfoo looked at Crimson suspiciously still her arms crossed. Nora stepped beside her Martials Arts Pokemon and nodded to verify her Pokemon that the Brunet was ok.

"Oh yea... I was asking if you possibly knew where to sign up for the contest?" The Braided girl said. Mienfoo looked at Nora immediately when she said the word "Contest" with a both exited and concerned look in her eyes, but you could only see the concern faintly when the excitement overpowered it easily.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson gave another hearty laugh between the interaction of Nora and Mienfoo. It was cute to say the least. It shows that the bond between the two was strong. "Yeah," Crimson began, referring to the latter's question. "I think it's near the front office. Anything related to signing up should be there." Crimson lifted his arm to direct where Nora could go to sign up, but stopped. Wait. He was going there too. Crimson internally laughed and said: "Here, I'm going there anyways, follow me."

Crimson only took one step with his red converse before a voice halted his venture. The brunette turned around and recognized the girl with the Gardevoir. She made quite the entrance with her teleport. Funny, small world. He knew her as Vicky, after learning the names of his classmates. He didn't recognize her as the girl with the Gardevoir, until the actual Gardevoir was towed along with her.

"Oh! Yeah," Crimson responded back to the latter. "Actually, me and Nora here was about to go sign up, you want to come along?"

To say that Platinum was stoked to hear about a freshmen-exclusive Contest was to say the least. The blonde had been enjoying class very much the first week that school had began, and he was soaking in the knowledge in attempts to use every bit to aid him in his performing abilities... even though he did have a knack of growing bored after quite some time, as teenagers did. This time, however, his head had perked up very quickly towards the end of class, where a very unexpected announcement about a beginning of the year Contest would be held that gave the newcomers not only a good reputation among peers, but the opportunities to receive a personal lesson from a Top Coordinator, and to gain a contest ribbon, the required material for certain field trips to other Regions.

He felt adrenaline begin to pump through him and all he was doing was sitting there. Just the thought made him nervous, but also very excited. This was an early chance to impress Administration and other school mates, so he definitely couldn't screw it up. The good thing was, the top 3 scorers in the Contest would be given a personal time to learn how to improve directly from a contest champion themselves - so even if he didn't take home first place, he had a good chance of at least getting tips that could greatly help his style grow.

After the announcement had been made, the students were released, and Platinum's immediate destination would be wherever he needed to go in order to sign up. The problem was, he had no idea where that was. He had simply began walking until spotting a small group of three, Crimson being one of them.

"Ay, Crimson!" Platinum called to his roommate from one end of the hall as he began picking up his walking pace until he reached them. "Please tell me you're heading to sign up for that Contest! Half because I'd love to be able to compete against you, half because I'm 90% sure I'd get lost searching for the sign up place." He explained, rubbing his left arm due to the embarrassing but honest admission.

Last edited:
Nora saw that other students were joining her and Crimsons conversation of the freshmen contest. One of them was a blonde male student and a female student with her Gardevoir. And if Nora remembered the names right the blonde was Platinum and the girl with the Gardevoir was Vicky. The Martial Arts Pokemon looked at new students who have joined and eyed them (again) suspiciously, but when she noticed that the blonde seemed to be somewhat good friends with Crimson and thought that the blonde was alright, because he seemed to be friendly, by looking at the body language and the was he spoke to Crimson. Vicky on the other hand didn't really give a clear first impression to the Mienfoo (though she's usually skeptical of everyone at first) and eyed both at the female student and her Gardevoir.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Again Crimson's name was called again. What's with everyone today. Crimson thought to himself. Am I suddenly relevant in everyone's lives or something. Crimson didn't complain though, as he appreciated making friends. This time though, Crimson wasn't making a friends. Crimson turned 180 degrees to face the other direction, seeing the familiar platinum blonde hair. "Oh Platinum," Crimson called out, seeing a familiar face. Well, not a familiar face, but more like a closer friend. Practically everyone around him was a familiar face as they all had the same class together, but Platinum was his literal roommate.

"As a matter of fact," Crimson began. "I was just going to sign up too, as well as bringing along Vicky and Nora here." Crimson gestured to the two females beside him, Nora respectively on his left and Vicky right. Unsure if Platinum or the girls knew each other yet so Crimson did, he thinks, all of them a favor and introduced all of them to each other.

"Platinum, this is Nora and her Pokemon Mienfoo," Crimson said stepping to his right a bit to reveal the latter a bit more. "Nora, this is Platinum, my roommate for the school year."

Stepping to the left this time, Crimson introduced the other duo. "Vicky, as you hear, that is Platinum," Crimson said and gestures going back and forth. "Platinum, and this is Vicky with her Gardevoir."

Caught up in the moment, Crimson introduced himself, again, too. "And just for more clarification, I'm Crimson." Crimson joked and laughed at his own antics.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Vicky glanced over at a student, who if she remembered the roll call was the one named Crimson. He appeared to be chatting about the upcoming contest with two other students, one of them she recognized as Platinum who seemed quite excited and friendly with Crimson and the other...the other pair, the girl Nova and her Mienfoo, who seemed to be eyeing her almost suspiciously.

Vicky half wondered if she had said or did something wrong, but as far as she could the two had not spoken.

Vicky soon assumed it was just because they had not talked, and was just being overly cautious. So Vicky did what she felt could help disfuse the situation as she gave a friendly wave to Nova as her Gardevoir Harmony simple scanned the pair with a neutral expression. Vicky then turned her attention to Crimson as he overheard the question about whether his friends would enter the contest or not and decided to interject. Figuring it was a good enough topic to help work herself into this little social circle. Or at least get more familiar with them.

"I intend to join the contest as well. Do you guys mind if I tag along? If you were offering to me" Vicky asked as she noted of the multiple conversation changes Crimson had to make while her Gardevoir Harmony gave them all curious, but not unfriendly glances as Vicky waited for a reply.

Vicky then listened in as Crimson introduced himself and Platinum, as she felt it was only proper she do the same with them.

"Oh, my name is Vicky. And this is my partner Harmony." Vicky explained as the Gardevoir in question gave a respectful bow after Vicky introduced her to the other Coordinators.

"Hey" Nora said and gave a small wave when Crimson introduced her and her Pokemon. "No I don't mind it at all." Nora continued and answered to Vicky with a friendly smile. Mienfoo saw that the Gardevoir and her trainer had a great bond with each other, so the Martial Arts Pokemon lowered her guard and now had a neutral look on her face, waiting to see where the group would do next, but Mienfoo was hoping that the group would go to the signups fairly soon. The red-and-yellow weasel Pokemon looked at Nora.

"Mien- mienfoo." The red-and-yellow weasel Pokemon looked at Nora and she assumed that the Mienfoo wanted to move on to the office.

"Hey guys" She began. "Shouldn't we soon head to the office to signup?"

Last edited:
Platinum listened as Crimson gave a quick run down on the situation, and introduced him to two students he had seen often around class, Nora and Vicky. The blonde hadn't realized Crimson was already so preoccupied with other company and felt a bit bad for barging in on what could've been a prior conversation, but at the moment he ultimately just couldn't get his head out of the clouds thinking about the Contest.

"Oh thank goodness, perfect timing then! Whats up guys, I'm Platinum." The cheeky boy responded in reiteration. He couldn't help but take notice to Vicky's Gardevoir, who seemed very well kept and behaved great around strangers.

"Your Gardevoir is beautiful," Platinum complimented towards Vicky. "Your Meinfoo as well, Nora!"

After offering the respective praises he heard them suggest getting a move on, something he agreed on in order to avoid any heavy body-traffic, which he was sure there would be a heavy amount of the longer they waited.

"Yeah, thanks for waiting up for me guys - lets go." He spoke, honestly ready to follow whoever seemed like they knew where they were going.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
It wasn't much, but Crimson was glad Platinum came along, at least a familiar freind would be by him. It's not that he didn't like Nora and Vicky, it's just that he'd feel awkward with the ladies as they aren't really close....yet. "You're right<' Crimson answered, referring to Nora's question. Crimson led the group across campus to the front office. Which was such a hassle and long walk because their classroom was practically on the other side of the campus and dorms. By now, Crimson would've gotten there with his trusty Luxray. But, having to act as a guide now, Crimson took his time with the others just to make small talk and get friendly with them. Surely, they all, not including Platinum, know where the office is, but Crimson felt as though he was the one leading, because they all asked him almost at the same time after all.

Eventually, the two male and two female made it to the front office. A window was open beside their building, containing a technological device. Oh, so they were signing up via electronically. Crimson thought to himself. They all could've easily sign-up by their phones and electronic devices at their dorm, but where would be the fun in that. He guessed the computer was for those who wasn't able to afford their own devices and they wanted to sign up.

Crimson signed up first. All basic student info was needed such as student ID and dorm room and all that stuff. Finally, came the Pokemon sign ups. The contest was apparently going to be a single Pokemon round, though they are capable of changing the Pokemon from their appeal round to their battle round. Crimson took his time to consider who to go. But eventually, he decided to go with his trusty Thistle Pokemon, Thamilia, for appeal round and Snow Land Pokemon, Froslass, for the battle round.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Vicky smiled a bit as Platinum's compliment towards her Gardevoir, as Harmony herself enjoyed it as she smiled at the trainer before she heard their comments about it being time to go as she realized they were right and quickly followed them as Crimson & his Luxray led them to the registration area.

Vicky quickly moved as she followed Crimson's lead, entering her basic information before she thought over what two Pokemon to use for the Contest. It was a tough call, as they all wanted to compete but ultimately she decided to go with her Pachirisu Sparky for the Appeal Round and her Grovyle Wheaton for the Battle Round. Confident in her choices she submitted her answers as she moved back and, just for the sake of being polite, waited for Platinum & Nova to do the same.

Nora and followed the group to the other side of the campus where the signups were, with her Mienfoo on her side. For the young coordinators surprise, they would be signing up via computers or with phones, if they had known that it was possible to do via phones also, but there wasn't no one to be blamed for that. The braided girl took a set by one of the nearby computers and entered her basic, like her dorm number, student ID and all other that was needed. Now came the hard part. Nora had to choose two of her five Pokemon to compete, one in the Appeal Round and one for the Battle Round. Her Mienfoo looked at her trainer as she was thinking of what Pokemon to use in the two rounds. Nora shifted her eyes to her Martial Arts Pokemon and saw that she wanted to be part of the contest and signed up the yellow-and-red weasel Pokemon to the Battle Round and Duosion for the appeal.

Morgan found her way to the front campus where the sign ups were, she noticed that there were already a group of people there. "Oh hey, I see pretty much everyone is signing up for this contest huh." She said. Morgan would then walk up to the computer once it was her turn to sign up, she entered her basic information and arrived at the part where she needed to enter her pokemon. "I think I'll go with Geb for the appeal round and Anubis for the battle round." She thought as she entered her Squirtle and Aegislash in the contest.