• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Reflections (Indie Game Crossover RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Some time ago, a family dedicated to protecting the multiverse threw it into chaos. Maple, an inter-dimensional mage, gathered a cavalcade of heroes to defeat her brother, who intended to destroy the multiverse. Nathan McAllen, Shantae, Shovel Knight and the Hat Kid joined her in her strife, eventually saving reality. When her allies vanished from the worlds and the multiverse fell under attack once more, Maple gathered new allies. Alpha, Sash Lilac, Kris and a noble prince joined her effort, fighting back against the mysterious Plague and freeing her old friends from Plague's dark control. Now the multiverse is put under threat once again, as Kris' involvement has gained Maple and Quill the attention of a very strange man...

Reflections is meant to be a continuation of a previously-established crossover story I plan to turn into a duo of video games in... maybe ten years or so? That should be long enough to get both Project X games made. Several indie franchises have already been involved with the Reflections canon, meaning any major characters from Project X, Shantae, Shovel Knight, A Hat in Time, TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise, Freedom Planet and Delta Rune likely already know of the multiverse and have some involvement with its events. That doesn't mean other universes can't get involved, though! So long as they're an indie property and would mesh well with the world and its setting, I'll allow it. If it's not an indie property but isn't super-big-budget like a Nintendo game or something, you MIGHT be able to get them in judging on how you play your cards.

Anyways, you can suggest any characters you might want as well as potential plot points. I don't have much yet, but what I DO have I'm super psyched for. (Oh, and for those wondering what Project X is, it's an original game series of mine with heavy ties to earlier plot, so I get some OCs; sorry folks! :p)

Reflections
Maple (H): @Eeveechu151
Quill: @Eeveechu151
Plague (V): @Eeveechu151
Flint: @Eeveechu151

Project X
Nathan McAllen (H): @Eeveechu151
X: @Eeveechu151
Y: @Eeveechu151
Michael Williams: @Eeveechu151
Professor Henry Cypress: @Eeveechu151
Z (V): @Eeveechu151

Shantae
Shantae (H): @Eeveechu151
Rottytops: @Eeveechu151
Bolo:
Sky: @Fraseandchico
Risky Boots (V): @Fraseandchico

Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight (H): @Fraseandchico
Shield Knight:
Black Knight:
King Knight:
Plague Knight:
Specter Knight (V): @Fraseandchico

A Hat in Time
Hat Kid (H): @Fraseandchico
Mafia Boss:
The Conductor: @Il Fantasma
DJ Grooves:
Snatcher: @Eeveechu151
Queen Vanessa:
Mustache Kid (V): @Fraseandchico

TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise
Alpha (H): @Eeveechu151
Flamegirl:
Nylocke: @Eeveechu151
Gamesoft:
Kirbopher:
Saturndiva:
Snowhyti:
Asterologist: @Eeveechu151
Sniperyda:
Skeight:
Archy:
Rockoon (V):

Freedom Planet
Sash Lilac (H):
Carol Tea:
Milla Basset:
Torque:
Arktivus Brevon (V):

Delta Rune
Kris (H): @Fraseandchico
Susie: @Comic
Ralsei: @Eeveechu151
Lancer: @The Bog Hog
Sans: @Comic
Papyrus:
Toriel:
Asgore: @Eeveechu151
Chaos King (V): @The Bog Hog

Homestuck
John Egbert:
Rose Lalonde:
Dave Strider:
Jade Harley:
Karkat Vantas: @Comic
Terezi Pyrope:
Vriska Serket:
Eridan Amproa:
Feferi Peixes:
Equius Zahhax:
Nepeta Leijon:
Aradia Megido:
Sollux Captor:
Tavros Nitran:
Kanaya Maryam:
Gamzee Makara (V):

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse

Ruby Rose: @Eeveechu151
Weiss Schnee:
Blake Belladonna:
Yang Xiao Long: @SailorInSpace
Jaune Arc: @SailorInSpace
Nora Valkyrie:
Pyrrha Nikhos:
Lie Ren:
Roman Torchwick (V): @Fraseandchico
Neopolitan (V): @Eeveechu151

Let's tag some people who I think might be interested... how about @Comic, @Blatant Mokery, @Mockingchu, @Rohan Kishibe, @Fraseandchico, @GreninjaTrainer013, @BlueMew392 and @Sarah316? Also I know you're already flooded but I'll ask anyways - @Godjacob think you could handle one more so I can get another RWBY fan? Or for another option, @SailorInSpace, I've been wanting you to join into an RP or two here!

Last edited:
Well... I plan to, as a writer, director and voice actor. When I'm finished high school, I'll see about getting into contact with animators, modelers, programmers, artists, musicians and VAs.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
...hm...
i'm fairly certain you're aware who i want, Eevee.
but on another note, already knowing who the villain is, and considering you said this is an alternate continuation of Fiction RP, that begs the question, if the same you-know-who remains under my control, or if you'll be controlling both him and his GT counterpart.
but yeah. the character i would claim?
the gaster blaster caster master himself.
Thanos Fortnite
sans.

...hm...
i'm fairly certain you're aware who i want, Eevee.
but on another note, already knowing who the villain is, and considering you said this is an alternate continuation of Fiction RP, that begs the question, if the same you-know-who remains under my control, or if you'll be controlling both him and his GT counterpart.
but yeah. the character i would claim?
the gaster blaster caster master himself.
Thanos Fortnite
sans.
Eh, Fiction Crossover is kind of irrelevant to this one. Think of Reflections and Fiction Crossover as two possible continuations of the story. You want any Delta Rune folks?
Are the characters in the list the only characters available or can we suggest characters from other series?
Feel free to suggest any characters from other series, the character list is just for characters I already have worked into the canon. (Except the RWBY cast this is their first appearance in the canon but shshsh)

comic

Eh, Fiction Crossover is kind of irrelevant to this one. Think of Reflections and Fiction Crossover as two possible continuations of the story. You want any Delta Rune folks?

Feel free to suggest any characters from other series, the character list is just for characters I already have worked into the canon. (Except the RWBY cast this is their first appearance in the canon but shshsh)
yeah, sure. i'll take one everybody overlooks. i'll claim Ral-
*checks through character list*
well.
shit.
okay, nevermind what i was saying.
i was gonna say Susie, anyway.

also, having the freedom to suggest characters...
and considering one of Rooster Teeth's franchises are already here...
i would like to request a claim on Caboose from Red vs Blue.

Sans, Susie, Caboose. that's my three to start with, and tbh, having limited knowledge of a lot of indie games save for anything involving Toby Fox, then my cast might not expand very much in the future. i think these three are pretty solid.

yeah, sure. i'll take one everybody overlooks. i'll claim Ral-
*checks through character list*
well.
shit.
okay, nevermind what i was saying.
i was gonna say Susie, anyway.

also, having the freedom to suggest characters...
and considering one of Rooster Teeth's franchises are already here...
i would like to request a claim on Caboose from Red vs Blue.

Sans, Susie, Caboose. that's my three to start with, and tbh, having limited knowledge of a lot of indie games save for anything involving Toby Fox, then my cast might not expand very much in the future. i think these three are pretty solid.
Susie is yours, but I don’t think Red vs Blue has a game yet...?
I'll take Kris, Roman, Shovel knight, and Mustache Girl.
Sure, they’re yours. Tbh I’m surprised you didn’t take some Freedom Planet characters.

Ay I know I’m really damn dead on this site but I’ll take The Conductor if nobody else wants him. If anybody wants him at any point they can have him, I don’t mind.

They still need to have a game to be considered eligible. RWBY is here exclusively because of Grimm Eclipse. TOME is here using the game version currently in production.
Speaking of which, Comic, I recommend you check out Terrain of Magical Expertise. The web series has 16 high-quality episodes and 8 shorts you can watch to get context on the alternate world of the web series that still bears similarities to the game version. Also, the demo of TOME is out now and free to play. It’s a small hour-long romp through one of the earliest areas of the game.

comic

They still need to have a game to be considered eligible. RWBY is here exclusively because of Grimm Eclipse. TOME is here using the game version currently in production.
Speaking of which, Comic, I recommend you check out Terrain of Magical Expertise. The web series has 16 high-quality episodes and 8 shorts you can watch to get context on the alternate world of the web series that still bears similarities to the game version. Also, the demo of TOME is out now and free to play. It’s a small hour-long romp through one of the earliest areas of the game.
y'know, Homestuck has playable game sections throughout it, alongside the normal text, flashes, and interactive flashes throughout the web comic. so technically, Homestuck fits the requirements. especially if ToME can come in with an unreleased game, right?

comic

...I’d count it as Hiveswap instead. But yes.
yes, there is Hiveswap, which is solely limited to the game, but if we're being honest, Hiveswap ain't got nothing on Homestuck.
if anybody hasn't read Homestuck, i totally recommend you DON'T read it. it ruins you. i know.
anyway, i'll replace Caboose with someone great.
the one. the only.
Karkat Vantas.

...it barely counts, but I suppose it does count. I’m just worried about the Homestuck characters removing narrative viability in the same way Deadpool would... but from what I know about Karkat, he should be fine. Are there any other Homestuck characters you think I should list as being up for grabs?

Actually, perhaps you might be interested in some of the TOME characters? I’d like to give Alpha some of the Dandy Alliance to play off of aside from Nylocke.

comic

...it barely counts, but I suppose it does count. I’m just worried about the Homestuck characters removing narrative viability in the same way Deadpool would... but from what I know about Karkat, he should be fine. Are there any other Homestuck characters you think I should list as being up for grabs?
any of the originals. definitely not any villains, and DEFINITELY NOT Lord English (considering Lord English can break the fourth wall and rewrite the entire story at will).
so the classics would be characters like;
Karkat, Terezi, Gamzee, Vriska, Eridan, Feferi, Equius, Nepeta, Aradia, Sollux, Tavros, Kanaya, Dave Strider, John Egbert, Rose Lalonde, and Jade Harley, though i doubt very many people will be claiming any Homestuck characters, tbh.

comic

Gamzee could count as a villain actually, like Roman or Risky Boots. Unless he turns good later, but as far as I know he’s basically just a murder clown.
Gamzee is only a good guy if he's high.
when he's not high, his true self shows, and he's a heartless clown kid who kills for fun, and plays 'court' or something else with the bodies of his victims to entertain himself further. doesn't matter if the victims were his friends or not.
but, noticeably, after his murder spree, he seemed to calm down a bit. at least, enough for Caliborn to befriend and recruit him.

He’s definitely a villain, then. Got it.
I’ve modified the character list - some characters are now marked with (H) and (V). (H) means they’re already an interdimensional hero that’s partnered with Maple before, and (V) means they’re a potential - and likely - antagonist.

Actually, perhaps you might be interested in some of the TOME characters? I’d like to give Alpha some of the Dandy Alliance to play off of aside from Nylocke.
It’s been too long man, I wouldn’t be able to RP as them and do it well. I’ll leave them for someone else to take, and I’ll tell you if I think of someone else that might work.

...BatIM could potentially work, but due to how it works we have a lack of solid characters and plots to really draw on. It’s a very vague and small story relative to other entries here. But if you think you know a character from it that could work here, I’m not stopping you.

I was just using it as an example, there’s no character from it that I’d want to use anyway. I’ll try to think of some other games with more of a definite story to pull a character from.

I’m assuming he does? I mean Blooky’s house is in the town, it’s kinda hinted that he’s inside but you can’t see him or interact with him.

That’s a fair point tbh.

I’ve been looking for other games and I can’t find any, so I’ll probably just stick with The Conductor for now. Might possibly take a TOME character after I play the demo, but no promises.