• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Refining Rune: Regirock Lead

Hello, hello~

So yeah, I've started to get the hang of things CB wise now I've been taking part in a lot of PO battles, and I've been pondering a decent lead; so far, Regirock has done quite a bit of justice for me as a lead. I've had a little mess around with EV spreads, but I still think its moveset and spread could be refined a lot more - I want to focus on Regirock before I make any drastic measures with a team change.

Rune (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Your thoughts?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The moveset itself isn't as important as having a way to deal with the most common things you're likely to face when it comes to leads.

The best thing I can really say to you is to think carefully about what leads you find yourself facing the most often, and then tailor your Regirock set to work around (and against) those leads.

I'd also advise heavily against using this as a lead against any team with a Politoed on it.

I'd say that designated leads are kinda pointless with Team Preview, but Regirock can still be a solid Poké. Try using it on a Sand team, the Sp.Def boost from the sandstorm will make Regirock that much tougher to take down. Wish support could come in handy as well, seeing as Regirock has no recovery outside of Rest. The set looks solid enough otherwise :)