• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS READ: Rules 'n' Stuff about the WiFi forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, the games are finally out in English and quite a lot of people have their copies now, so it's safe to say that the 4th Generation is now in full swing.

A few notes and rules to make heed to when using this forum:

1) Please post trade requests in one topic - your own. Do not post a new topic for each new trade you are looking for, you should make a single topic entitled something like "Doctor Oak's trade requests" and simply post in that topic every time you are looking for something. We really don't want to be looking at a dozen new topics every day saying "Can u get me a Charizard?".

2) Battles/Tournaments:

- If you're looking for a quick battle, and are posting a topic asking for anyone looking to battle there and then, you're probably looking in the wrong place. Chances are, your topic wont be seen for a couple of hours at least here, so please don't post that - it's just pretty useless. You can post topics looking for anyone up for battling at a specific time.

- If you want to set up a Tournament, please only post one topic for it - and don't anticipate a full roster if you're looking for something like a 32 man tourney. If you don't specify a rule set for the tournament, it will be made the Pokecharms default one - and if you realise that wasn't what you wanted at a later date after your Tourney has started, tough.

- Rule Sets, there is a topic containing the default rules for all battle on Pokecharms, please read and study these as all battles organised through this forum will be expected to follow them.

- Rule Breakers/Disconnectors: Please post in the blacklist topic any people (Their name and Friend Code) who have broken the rules while you have battled them or disconnected to prevent them losing. Though on the note of disconnecting, talk to the person first to make sure it wasn't their connection being gay - quite a few of us can understand the pains of that situation...

- The Chatroom: You may use the chatroom to meet up and discuss trading/battling etc, but you will be expected to follow the rules of common sense. Incidentally, if it says there's only me and Bayleef in there, chances are I'm not actually around and everyone else is otherwise occupied too, so don't be flooding the place up asking "Iz any1 ther?".

3) Do not post your teams here. If you're looking for a rate or for advice on your D/P team, post it in the Clinic and someone will help you out.

4) "Where do I find a Buizel?" or "At what level will my Bidoof evolve?" topics - anything along those lines - will be deleted on sight. If you have a question like that, just check the Pokedex: http://www.pokecharms.com/webdex and your answer will be rather easily revealed.

5) Don't post topics with your Friend Code or looking for other Friend Codes, your profile has an option for you to fill in your Friend Codes for either game and anyone can view them/be directed to them for the sharing of Friend Codes. Again, any Friend Code topics will simply be deleted.

I think that's pretty much it, if I've missed anything I'll add it later.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Just to add that it would be really quite sensible if those of you seeking trades or battles would post times when you are available, ideally in terms of GMT or UTC. Remember that this is an international site, with users from different parts of the world, and we all have different lifestyles and body clocks. We don't know when you're available, and we don't all recognise all of the standard abbreviations for the timezones in every single country!

GMT or UTC is the universal standard time code for the planet, also called World time or Zulu time, and all timezones are measured relative to UTC. You can use this link to find out what the current time is in UTC.

Ideas for ways to present time information in posts or PMs:
e.g. 1: I'm around from 2-3pm on Sundays (GMT).
e.g. 2: I'm around from 10-11am on Saturdays (West Coast of USA time, or UTC-8).
e.g. 3: I go to bed really late, so you can catch me around 2am most nights (I live in Australia, so that's GMT+10).

You don't have to say whereabouts you live in any particular detail, just enough to help orient the reader. The West Coast of the USA is a big place, and you won't find a stalker on your doorstep for mentioning it!

If you don't know what your timezone is in terms of GMT, check out this handy converter. Those of you in the US may like this table which lists your named USA timezones.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'm just going to add a rule against hijacking another person's thread. It's been pointed out in that it wasn't in the rules, so now it is.

Hijacking another person's thread consists of offering and sorting out a trade with a person other than the owner of the thread you're in. Use PMs rather than that person's thread as you could be stealing a potential trade from the owner of the thread.

EDIT
As of November 8th:

You may not offer any pokemon from the GTS without stating that's where you got it, and you may not under any circumstances offer it as if you know it isn't hacked. Pokemon from GTS are not neccessarily hacked, I'm just making the point that you have absolutely -NO- way of knowing whether they are or not, and that GTS is notorious for being overun by hacked pokemon.

First offense will result in a warning, and second will result in n00b status for not reading/complying with the rules.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think anyone would object to this being a rule, but if so... Consider it some helpful advice:

Please, for the love of our sanity... Do not PM random members asking for a battle. That's what this forum is for. If you want to battle, post a topic. If you want to battle someone else - post in their battle topic. If they don't have one, chances are they're not looking for random battles.

So, please. Stop bugging people to battle who aren't specifically looking for them. It's getting incredibly annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.