• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate this Team

Can someone rate this team please?

Metagross- Psychic, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Meteor Mash
Salamence- Crunch, Heat Wave, Dragon Claw, Fly
Poliwrath- Focus Punch, Rock Slide, Surf, Protect
Golem- Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Dig
Abomasnow- Toxic, Blizzard, Grass Knot, Water Pulse

I Can't Decide on the last one, so until I do I am going to use Regigigas
Regigigas-Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Giga Impact

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Make sure you show what Natures, Abilities and Hold items you plan to use as well.

Starting with Metagross:

Metagross @ Choice Band
252 HP/252 ATK/6 DEF
Brave
Clear Body

- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch/Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Choice Band Metagross with a twist. Gyro Ball does more damage the slower the user is, and with your Speed as low as it can possibly be combined with Metagross's massive Attack and the Choice Band, Metagross will be able to deliver devastating blows to opponents. Earthquake allows you to strike down other Steel-types, and ThunderPunch/Ice Punch provides you with extra coverage. Bullet Punch makes for a very nice move to finish off opponents, as it bypasses your now low Speed by allowing you to strike first with a surprisingly powerful hit that could easily finish off a wounded opponent.

Salamence next:

Salamence @ Life Orb/Yache Berry
252 ATK/252 SPEED/6 SP.ATK
Lonely
Intimidate

- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Standard Dragon Dancing Salamence. Dragon/Ground/Fire for your attacks provides perfect coverage, allowing you to hit every Pokemon in the game for at least neutral damage. Dragon Claw/Outrage for STAB - Outrage provides much more power than Dragon Claw, but also locks you down for several turns before confusing you, so should be used with caution. Earthquake strikes down Steel-types that resist your STAB attack, and finally Fire Blast takes down Skarmory and Bronzong, the only two Pokemon to resist both Earthquake and Dragon Claw/Outrage. Dragon Dance allows you to boost your Attack and Speed considerably before attacking, increasing your chances of inflicting massive damage to the opponent's Pokemon and wiping them all out with one fell swoop. You can move some of the EVs in your Attack over to Sp.Attack if you want to make Fire Blast a bit more powerful, but note that this will cause Dragon Claw/Outrage and Earthquake to drop in power slightly as well.

Others may be able to help you with the final four. Hope that helped you.

Instead of shoving down Movesets down your throat I would rather tell you some good information:

-Why do you give Golem Rockslide AND Stone Edge, Earthquake AND Dig?
give him stuff like Explosion or Firepunch!
Adamant Nature
Choice band for complete destruction!

-Poliwrath. Give him the Adamant Nature and Waterfall instead of Surf. Its weaker, but its physical!
and you could always combine substitute with Focus Punch!
And put some leftovers on him.

You should read some strategy guides, and learn some more about competetive play.
If your team is just for ingame, then it will be good enough

*baton pass to the next one who helps you D:*

C

Celadon

Actually, moves like Giga Impact should not be used, especially in competitive game play. The usually take away one of your turns, and can lead to your defeat. Use Focus Blast instead or Brick Break, instead.

Try to make Abomasnow a good damage dealer. Leave Toxic for an annoyer. Replace it with something like Focus blast or Iron Tail..
Replace Grass knot with Wood hammer.

Make it hold Shell Bell.

Hope that helped.

Metagross- Psychic, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Meteor Mash
Salamence- Crunch, Heat Wave, Dragon Claw, Fly
Poliwrath- Focus Punch, Rock Slide, Surf, Protect
Golem- Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Dig
I Can't Decide on the last one, so until I do I am going to use Regigigas

I'm really just an offensive player but I'll give this a shot.......

Metagross@Leftovers
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake

Salamence@Dragon Fang
Crunch
Heat Wave
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw

Poliwrath@Focus Sash
Focus Punch
Subsitute
Aqua Tail(or Waterfall)
Rock Slide

Golem@Expert Belt
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Explosion
Thunderpunch or Fire Punch

Abomasnow@Shell Bell
Wood Hammer
Avalanche
Water Pulse
Toxic

Regigigas@Quick Claw
Crush Grip
Brick Break
Fire Punch
Swords Dance

That's how I would do this team, but I don't really use EVs like most trainers do, so feel free to disagree

Try to make Abomasnow a good damage dealer. Leave Toxic for an annoyer. Replace it with something like Focus blast or Iron Tail..
Replace Grass knot with Wood hammer.

Make it hold Shell Bell.

Hope that helped.

I agree Toxic should be replaced, but this Abomasnow is obvious a special attacker so Iron Tail and Wood Hammer aren't the best suggestions.

Might I suggest to go for Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, and Water Pulse (can Abomasnow learn Surf???)

Abomasnow really wants to have Blizzard considering Snow Warning gives it 100% accuracy.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers/Shell Bell
Modest/Bold/Calm
252 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed
Snow Warning

- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Water Pulse
- Shadow Ball/Leech Seed

Blizzard and Energy Ball for STAB, Water Pulse covers your major fire weakness and gives more coverage. Shadow Ball if you want to be completely offensive (go Modest for this one) or Leech Seed to give a chance of getting health back.