• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate My Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can you please rate my team...I've only been training for a year, I have Leafgreen and Diamond here are my teams

Espeon-Lv.100
Psyhic
Confusion
Psybeam
Morning Sun (I want to get rid of the move)

Venesaur-Lv.100
Strength
Frenzy Plant
Solarbeam
________(I forget what)

Rayquaza-Lv.98
Fly
Outrage
Extremespeed
Hyper Beam

Flygon-Lv.54
Earthquake
Flame Thrower
Dragon Rage
Fire Blast

Snorlax-Lv.54
Return (My best move)
Flame Thrower
Protect
Earthquake

Pikachu-Lv.34 (Exp.Share)
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Thunder
Light Screen

Infernape-Lv.100

Close Combat
Mach Punch
Blast Burn
Flame Wheel

Giratina-Lv.78

Shadow Force
Heal Block
Rock Climb
Energy Ball

Salamence-Lv.87

Dragon Rage
Dragon Pulse
Giga Impact
Fire Fang

Pikachu-Lv.46

ThunderBolt
Thunder
Discharge
Shock Wave

This is my team I've already beaten the Elite Four...20 times...on both games. I really feel like my team sucks I don't know why...I really want to be a good trainer but...I just want to have the best team possible. ???

Any moves I should replace???I've done everything...evs...pokerus...vitimans...All my pokemon's stats are very high, My snorlax's speed is 134...I'm pretty sure and everyone's else's is too. Oh and everyone of my pokemon (the ones listed) has a Naughty nature. How the heck did I get so many naughty pokemon???

Your diamond team is a little weak.

Infernape: Two fighting and two fire moves? Replace one of each with grass knot, u-turn, etc.
Giratina: Pretty good, I'm not an expert on it so I can't really suggest anything.
Salamence: Get rid of one of the dragon moves and you're good.
Pikachu: FOUR ELECTRIC MOVES? Get rid of most of them and put in some moves that can get rid of ground types.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Mewgirl, I've split your posts off into a new thread. For future reference, don't hijack someone else's Rate My Team thread with your own team. Post a thread of your own instead.

Please make sure you've read the forum rules.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
This IS your own thread now.

Now a bit of advice on your first team...

Espeon-Lv.100
Psyhic
Confusion
Psybeam
Morning Sun (I want to get rid of the move)

No need for all three of those psychic moves. Morning Sun can be worth keeping.

Venesaur-Lv.100
Strength
Frenzy Plant
Solarbeam
________(I forget what)

Frenzy Plant is bad. As is Strength. Solar Beam is ok if paired with Sunny Day, but look out for fire types. Since this is LG maybe Giga Drain?

Rayquaza-Lv.98
Fly
Outrage
Extremespeed
Hyper Beam

Not too bad, apart from Hyper Beam. Fly probably isn't too useful either.

Flygon-Lv.54
Earthquake
Flame Thrower
Dragon Rage
Fire Blast

Dragon Rage only ever does 40 damage, ditch it. If you want a fire type move, keep Flamethrower. Dragon Breath is probably an option here.

Snorlax-Lv.54
Return (My best move)
Flame Thrower
Protect
Earthquake

Doesn't need Flamethrower, at all. Protect seems a bit out of place, maybe Curse?

Pikachu-Lv.34 (Exp.Share)
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Thunder
Light Screen

Ditch Thunder, don't need two electric moves. Not sure if Light Screen is appropriate. Exp share does nothing battle wise, and Pikachu could do with evolving.

My Espeon, Venesaur, Infernape, and honestly my Mew are my strongest pokemon I've kinda chosen to try to get the best Dragon, Psychic, Fire, Rock, Water, and Electric pokemon I can get. (I'm a huge fan of Dragon types) thanks for all the tips also something else is one of you mentioned ditching Thunder...sorry but If I have to ditch a move it's thunderbolt cause thunder's best of type move.

And Thunderbolt is better than Thunder any day. Considering Thunder has only about 70% base accuracy compared to Thunderbolt's 100% accuracy. Only Thunder is used when Rain Dance is set up already. Now, when you say Thunder is stronger, yes it is, but if you miss, you're done. They'll just destroy the Pokemon.

Now about your Diamond team for Wi-Fi battling competitively, read this.

Almost 100% percent of the time, Thunderbolt is superior to Thunder.

Hope that helped.

I believe that your Salamence should have [glow=teal,2,300]Hydro Pump[/glow] since it is opposite from its type. This is only accessible from breeding though.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
... No. Hydro Pump would do nothing for Salamence. Also, technically, the "opposite" of the dragon-type is dragon-type, or ice-type. >>

K

Kumi

I wouldn't use the starters if I were you. The stats ain't brill, and it takes aaages to EV train. I'm not good with rating teams, but that's all I have to tell ya.

Well i think that my team is pretty good to!!! your team is good but find a WAY better move than morning sun... like my team??? i have them on, emerlad!! IT TOOK ME AGES TO GET THEM :)
24595c79734d2535807b5f39e8126828.png

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
UltimateRanger, I've split your post into a new thread and given you a warning. In your two posts so far, you have managed to break no fewer than three of the Rules of Pokecharms:

1. You posted twice in the same thread without anyone else posting inbetween. That is Double Posting, which is not allowed. Use the modify/edit button.

2. You hijacked someone else's Rate My Team thread with your own team. That is against the rules of The Doctor's Clinic forum, as it confuses the issue to have multiple people's teams in the same thread. If you want a team Rated, post it yourself.

3. You posted in ALL CAPS. That is akin to shouting. I now have a headache from reading your ALL CAPS, badly-spelled post.

Read the Rules of the forum, or see yourself banned.

This is also the second time that I've had to split off a Rate My Team thread because of someone hijacking it, and at this rate, I'll ban on sight the next person who does it.

Okay...I've modified my diamond team a little here it is:

Infernape:
Grass Knot
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
Blast Burn

Giratina:
Shadow Force
Heal Block
Rock Climb
______ (forgot)

Blaziken:
Flame Wheel
Overheat
Protect
Blast Burn

Raichu

ThunderBolt
Thunder
Surf (believe it or not)
Light Screen

Medicham:
Psychic
Hi Jump Kick
Thunderpunch
Icepunch

Vaporeon:
Hydro Pump
Quick Attack
Earthquake
Bite

Alternate:

Cressilia (Caught at last!!!)
Venesaur
Golem
Machamp
Alakazam :-\ ???

I'm guessing you still haven't read this.

But I'll state a couple of things.

Never use HM Moves (Only Surf and Waterfall are exceptions).
Never use two-turn moves.
Never use two moves of the same type on one Pokemon.

Please read what is on that page that link leads to. Fix your team according to that and then we can work on some more complex things.

Hope that helped.

Just to let you know, the only legit attack on your Mew is Metronome. All the other attacks on your Mew are Hacked.

Hope that helped.

I'm serious I caught Mew (in Diamond) and it came with Draco Meator and Metronome and something else by the way what is hacking?

And that further proves it. You can't catch Mew in Diamond. Legit ones are from the Game Boy Advance Games.

And Hacking is when Pokemon are obtained using a cheating device (Gameshark/Action Replay) and have moves they can't learn, abilites they can't have or stats that can't be obtained.

Anyways, Draco Meteor can only be taught to Dragon-Types.

Hope that helped.

And that further proves it. You can't catch Mew in Diamond. Legit ones are from the Game Boy Advance Games.

And Hacking is when Pokemon are obtained using a cheating device (Gameshark/Action Replay) and have moves they can't learn, abilites they can't have or stats that can't be obtained.

Anyways, Draco Meteor can only be taught to Dragon-Types.

Hope that helped.

NO doubt thaqt the Mew itself is hacked, but I thought that Mew could learn every attack? --> http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/mew/

Can learn every TM and HM

NO doubt thaqt the Mew itself is hacked, but I thought that Mew could learn every attack? --> http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/mew/

Can learn every TM and HM

Yeah, but Draco Meteor is not a TM or HM, i think that an old woman teachs it to the pokemon you take to her.

Okay...I have modified the team a bit. Here is my Diamond game team.

Swampert:
Lv.100
Adamant

Rain Dance
Earthquake
Hydro Cannon
Magnitude

Dusknoir:
Lv.93
Brave

Shadow Ball
Shadow Punch
Dark Pulse
Mean Look

Magnizone:
Lv.96
Naughty

Overheat
Sunny Day
Blast Burn (I bred my male Infernape w/female magmar)
Fire Blast (I know I'm gonna catch hell for the four fire moves)

Infernape:
Lv.100
Quirky

Blast Burn
Close Combat
Grass Knot
U-Turn

Espeon:
Lv.98
Naughty

Morning Sun
Swift
Flamethrower
Psychic

Staraptor: (nickname is Rinalia)
Lv.100
Brave

Brave Bird
Aerial Ace
U-Turn
Double Team

Alternates:

Medicham:
Lv.90
Quiet

Thunderpunch
Icepunch
Hi Jump Kick
Shadow Ball

Leafeon:
Lv.96
Bold

Leaf Storm
Synthesis
Cross Poison
Solarbeam

Jolteon:
Lv.92
Curious

Thunder
Iron Tail
Thunderbolt
Reflect

Flareon:
Lv.100
Naughty

Overheat
Sunny Day
Grass Knot
Solarbeam

and Finally last but not least...

Jirachi:
Lv.100
Curious

Wish
Fire Blast
Return
Solarbeam

I'm not going to include suggestions for items or EVs since I don't know if this is ingame or competitive, and any suggestions I could give Plapti could phrase much better. XD But here's my first impressions anyway.

Swampert (Adamant)
Earthquake
Avalanche
Waterfall
Return/Brick Break/Hammer Arm?

I'm not including egg moves if your Swampert's already lv. 100. Rain Dance doesn't really benefit the rest of your team, and it's possible that the enemy could have something with Swift Swim or Dry Skin or Rain Dish or whatever. EQ and Waterfall for STAB, Avalanche for pesky grass-types, Return's just for general power and Brick Break is for if ice/water Pokemon hassle you. I'm not wild about Hammer Arm, but trading some speed for power might be worthwhile on a Swampert.

Dusknoir (Brave)
Brick Break
Shadow Punch
Thunderpunch/Pain Split
Shadow Sneak

Why do you even have Shadow Ball on Dusknoir? Give it something that will take advantage of that high attack stat. Brick Break for dark and normal types, Shadow Punch for STAB and to take care of ghosts. Likewise for Shadow Sneak, which lets a slowpoke like Dusky get in a quick kill. Thunderpunch is just because you seem to be lacking an electric-type; you could probably replace it with whatever. Pain Split is an egg move, but I happen to love it, and something with base 45 HP could probably put it to good use.

Magnezone (Naughty)
...what
Do you mean Magmortar or Magnezone? Because this is a very strange and/or impossible moveset for a UFO-burger. Whichever one it is, I'm pretty certain that Blast Burn is not an egg move and is therefore not legit on either one.
And you're right. Four fire moves is overkill and something with Flash Fire will ruin this thing.

Infernape (Quirky)
No problems here, except lose Blast Burn for Flamethrower or Flare Blitz. A glass cannon like Infernape won't survive the recharge turn.
And if you've already got one fire-type, why do you have something else with four fire moves? Fire as a type isn't that spectacular; more than one fire-type is unnecessary.

Espeon (Naughty)
At least give it Shadow Ball. Replace either Flamethrower (Which it doesn't even learn :V) or Swift.

Staraptor (Brave)
Replace Aerial Ace with Close Combat. It takes care of ice-types and you don't need two flying-moves anyway.

And I'm not even going to comment on that assload of alternates, or I'll be here all day. :/

Uh sorry? Blast Burn for Flamethrower? I understand that the Recharge screws things up but Blast Burn is the best of type move. Rain Dance is to power up the already powerful move Hydro Cannon. Magmortar is the Pokemon I mean, sorry. Again, Sunny Day is to power up Blast Burn.

Yes, Blast Burn may be powerful, but in the time you take to use Blast Burn, you could've launched two Flamethrowers to cause more damage than Blast Burn could do.

Same with Hydro Cannon. Swampert also has a pitiful S.Attack, so Waterfall is a superior choice. Snap's choice of moves are quite nice, considereing he didn't want to use egg moves. That's a good set right there.

Dusknoir: No status moves? Will-o-Wisp over Brick Break is an option. And Snap's right with the Shadow Ball stuff. Looks like you haven't lost you touch. ;)

Magmortar (Naughty)
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice/Psychic/Solarbeam

Flamethrower for STAB
Focus Blast for Rock-Types
Thunderbolt for Water-Types
HP Ice for Ground-Types
Psychic and Solarbeam are for coverage.

Yep, the same thing with the recharge. Since you've got two physical moves already, go with Flamethrower.

No way Espeon can learn Flamthrower. Only Flareon can.

Espeon
-Psychic
-Grass Knot
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting/Trump Card

That's the best sweeping set I can think of. Morning Sun is dropped cause Espeon can't take hits. Swift is overshadowed by Trump Card. It can't even learn Flamethrower.

Most people doon't let people use moves like Double Team. Go with what SNAP said on dropping Aerial Ace for Close Combat. Double Edge can fill the spot where Double Team would go. Return can be used if you don't want a suicidal move.

And you shouldn't have more than one weather type on one team.

And If I try doing those alternatives, I'm going to get a headache. Please read this by clicking here if you want to go into competitvie battles.

Hope that helped

Sorry 'bout the Alternates list. I really want to have an Eevee evolution team. I'm gonna pick my favorite Eevee evolutions, level them up, then take 'em to the elite four. So far I have three Eevee evolutions that I'm considering. Is it a stupid idea? All I can remember wanting since I got my first game is wanting an Eevee team.

Espeon
Flareon
Vaporean

By the way in Diamond version I have caught Cresslia!! That Pokemon took me a month to catch. I was not thinking, I used the Master Ball on Dialga :D. Anyway I caught my Cresslia with a Ultra Ball, and I've seen her moveset and it well sucks.

Not talking about her gammy mew...
I would give Medicham Brickbreak or focus punch, they are stabbed moves and make use of her 'pure power' ability.
(Y)

The Team has been modified:

Magmortar:Lv.100
Naughty (Is there a better nature for Magmortar?)

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Focus Blast (I dunno why I didn't use it before)
Solarbeam

Espeon:100
Naughty (Same w/ Espeon)

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot
???? (Dark Pulse?)

I have dropped Infernape from the team to make room for my newest Lv.100.

Dragonite:100
Hasty

Draco Meteor
DragonBreath
Twister? (looking for a different move)
Shadow Claw

Dusknoir:100
Brave

Shadow Sneak
Thunderpunch
Shadow Punch
Brick Break

Swampert:100
Adamant

Avalanche
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm

Staraptor:100
Brave

Brave Bird
Close Combat
Roost? (takes care of the damage dealt w/ Brave Bird)
U-Turn

I'm not very good with movest sets and stuff, but ill try and help.
Magmortar: Solarbeam would be used mainly againsted ground and water types (I think), wich could do you a lot of damage (since your fire type), whilst your charging up for solarbeam. So you could put sunny day in, so you wouldn't have to charge up all the time (and it will power up its flame thrower). Also if you are going to use sunny day, you could give magmortar the heat rock, so it lasts longer. Also for magmortar you could use psychic.
Dragonite: Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse (depending on if it is a special or psyical sweeper)
Earthquake
Arial Ace

Theres my advice, but like i said before, im not very good with movesets, so i hope that helped.

Magmortar should be Modest, Espeon should either be Modest or Timid. Brave isn't the best nature for a Dusknoir, while I'm at it, but you probably don't want to re-breed when getting a hold of a cloth could be a pain in the ass.

As an alternative to Sunny Day/Heat Rock, you could give Magmortar a Power Herb. That lets you get off one Solarbeam without charging or wasting a turn on weather effects.

I'm not going to provide much commentary on the Pokemon you've posted here once already, except to note that Staraptor's probably too frail for Roost to be much more than a wasted turn.

Finally, Dragonite. I recommend a physical sweeper, myself.

Fire Punch
Dragon Dance
Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Thunderpunch/Shadow Claw/Waterfall/other physical move of choice

There's nothing a physical sweeper loves more than Dragon Dance. Fire Punch and Thunderpunch are tutor moves, but the former is good for any ice-types that happen your way. If you prefer power over accuracy or lack heart scales, Stone Edge does the same thing. Dragon Rush/Claw for STAB, with that whole power vs. accuracy thing being the issue between those two as well.

If you're going for a special sweeper?

Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast/Flamethrower
Surf
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave

Dragon Pulse for STAB, Focus Blast/Flamethrower for ice-types, the last two are just coverage. Thunder Wave compensates for Dragonite's average speed, so long as nobody with Synchronize or a Thunder Wave of their own is on the enemy's team.

Espeon also can't learn Dark Pulse. Trump Card or HP Figthing works well. Timid works well for Espeon.
Dusknoir Doesn't need SHadow Punch and Shadow Sneak. Drop Shadow Sneak for Will-o-Wisp. Impish is better and you can get more cloths by going into Turnback Cave and finding them there (You have to either caught of defeated Gigantra first).
Staraptor needs Adamant or Jolly, not Brave (Brave lowers Speed if I'm right).
If you don't want to lower Swampert's Speed, Brick Break is good.

Hope that helped.

Thank for all the comments, and I happened to get a Snorlax (migrated) that has a Hasty Nature. so now Sleepy (Sorlax niickname really appropiate) is just slow instead of super-slow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.