• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate My Team threads and Clinic Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Please note that all of the usual Rules of Pokecharms apply in this forum, just as in every other forum.

Do not post ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS. It is shouting, and makes the post hard to read.

Do not :( >:( overuse :) ;) ;D smilies 8) ??? :-[ :'(. Again, it makes the post hard to read.

Do not post twice in the same thread without anyone else posting inbetween. That is Double Posting, which is not allowed. Use the Modify/Edit button if you need to add to your post later.

Do not hijack someone else's Rate My Team thread with your own team. It confuses the issue to have multiple people's teams in the same thread. If you want a team Rated, post it yourself in your own thread using the New Topic button.

This forum is for complete moveset help for teams, or for one Pokemon in a team. It is not intended for posts about how to get one particular moveset onto a Pokemon, how to find TMs in the games, or breeding help. These topics should be posted in the PokeMon Games Discussion forum.

Adding to the above point, you may ask for advice on how to distribute EVs between your Pokemon but do not ask generalized EV-related questions on this board. The Pokemon Games Discussion forum already contains a sticky topic that explains the basics of EV training, so please read through it if you're not sure what EVs are, how they work, and so on.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Also! If you're reading a person's topic, and you know nothing of team building, don't help them. It only confuses everything, and the person is caught between following bad advice and good. If you don't know whether you're good at helping or not then read Plapti's thread, and if you're finding lots of new information in there, then chances are you're in no state to help others.

Also, since I saw one post that really annoyed me, I want to make sure everyone knows that you should post you Pokemon movesets in an easy to read manner. Just don't clump it together into one paragraph. So I'll present one kind of guidline on how you should post it, but it doesn't have to be this way.

Pokemon's Name@Held Item
Nature
EVs (If you want to)
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4

Some reason to why you chose those attacks would be nice, but you don't have to.

If it looks like this or not, please try to make your posts easy to read and easy to understand.
Thankyou from the Clinic Slave.

Okay, since there have been a couple issues about this I feel that I need to state this. If a topic is about finding how to breed moves onto a certain Pokemon, it belongs in the Pokemon Games Forum found here. If it's already in a Rate My team or Help with a certain Pokemon topic, it's allowed. Otherwise, the breeding moves onto a Pokemon topics will be moved into the Pokemon Games Topic.

Thank-You all for you time. That is all.

Since this is starting to be really annoying now, I don't want anyone to quote entire teams to only go in the quote and make changes to the team in the quote. It's hard to see the changes, even if you do bold them. And then only posting it like that is really annoying. It distracts other people and takes up quite a bit of space.

So from now on, if you quote an entire thing, or most of it, I will personally delete those posts. This rule is at my discretion.

That's all.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Also! If you're reading a person's topic, and you know nothing of team building, don't help them. It only confuses everything, and the person is caught between following bad advice and good. If you don't know whether you're good at helping or not then read Plapti's thread, and if you're finding lots of new information in there, then chances are you're in no state to help others.

I feel the need to re-emphasize this point, since a lot of posts have come up in the Clinic lately posting advice that isn't helpful at all. Please, if you're posting advice, do not just pluck random moves out of the air and slap them onto a moveset - you aren't helping anyone by doing this, and you do not qualify as being good at helping people if you do this. Make sure you know EXACTLY what you're talking about if posting advice - if you're unsure whether your advice is helpful, or you are just plucking moves out the air at random, please don't bother posting anything. I will not hesitate to give out warnings if people repeatedly post poor advice in the Clinic.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Bump.

Since it's reached a point where the board is really starting to stagnate as far as discussion value goes, I'm going to have to ask topic-makers to stop locking their own topics here from now on. Locking your own topic that has run its course is all fine and dandy, but seriously, locking a topic instantly after receiving one piece of moveset advice is ridiculous.

If you abuse a priveledge, you stand to lose it, and thus this priveledge is now gone. If you feel your topic has run its course and should be locked, ask me and I'll do it for you if I feel the topic should indeed be locked. Anyone caught insta-locking topics after just a small number of posts will risk being warned for it from this point onwards.

Note that this rule only applies to the Clinic - no other board is affected by this.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.