• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate my team please

Leafeon/ Naive
Last Resort
Double Team
Grass Knot
Leaf Blade

Ninetales/ Sassy
SolarBeam
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Extrasensory

Gallade/ Quiet
Earthquake
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Close Combat

Raichu/ Hardy
Volt Tackle
Surf
Thunderbolt
Agility

(The only reason she has both Volt Tackle and Surf is because she was a secret event in Pokemon Battle Revolution)

Machamp/ Bold
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Focus Blast
Bulk Up

Abomasnow/ Bold/ Wide Lens
GrassWhistle
Wood Hammer
Blizzard
Sheer Cold

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First thing I'll say is basically a repeat of what Typhlosion77 said - you don't want two attacking moves of the same type in a moveset. Another thing to note is that even though you still have Raichu as an effective countermeasure, you have 4 Pokemon who will take Super-Effective damage from Flying-type attacks. That aside, here's my take on the movesets:

Ninetales

- SolarBeam/Dark Pulse/Extrasensory
- Sunny Day/Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Confuse Ray

NEVER run SolarBeam without Sunny Day - the opponent will just switch in a Pokemon resistant to Grass moves to stop you. Either run SolarBeam and Sunny Day together and drop Calm Mind since Flamethrower will also receive a boost from Sunny Day, or run Calm Mind alongside Dark Pulse or Extrasensory. Confuse Ray is there because it's, well, awesome.

Machamp

- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- DynamicPunch/Brick Break
- Return/Facade

Machamp will want a Rock-type move to take care of enemy Flying-types, and Stone Edge is perfect for it. Earthquake because it hits like a truck, and the next two moves depend on what ability your Machamp has. If you have No Guard, DynamicPunch and Return is the way to go, but if you have Guts you'll want something a bit more accurate (Brick Break) and Facade/Guts is an evil combo to say the very least. If you want, you could breed Thunderpunch on there as well to put Skarmory off, but it's your choice as to whether you think it'd be worth it.

Note that the following will require breeding new moves, or simply breeding a new Pokemon.

Leafeon

- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/Wish/Double Team

Gallade and Machamp will definitely benefit from having Swords Dance Baton Passed to them, since it saves them both a moveslot. You can also Baton Pass Wish and Double Team if you like, although that would leave you with just Leaf Blade as an attacking move. If you want a bit more coverage, take either X-Scissor or Aerial Ace as an attacking move instead.

Abomasnow

- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
- Leech Seed

Abomasnow's Snow Warning ability will give you Hail, making Blizzard 100% accurate. Energy Ball makes another good STAB move, Focus Blast will stop Steel-types from walling you, but Shadow Ball is much more accurate. Leech Seed is there because it's awesome.

I'm not too sure about Gallade and Raichu, you'll have to ask someone else about them. The only thing I'll say about Raichu is that Pikachu + Light Ball is offensively more powerful than Raichu is. If I'm not mistaken, the Pikachu you get in Battle Revolution is holding the Light Ball item, although I could be completely wrong.

Tsk,tsk,tsk.

We must never forget Energy Ball on Ninetales. Best move right there, and no need for Sunny Day then.

Dynamic Punch is used if you have the ability No Guard. Otherwise, use Cross Chop. The Elemental Punches are also an option.

Also, never use Double Team. Total waste of time and most people don't let you use it playing Wi-Fi. Leafeon has no use for it.

Abomasnow wants to have Focus Blast so it can hit Steel-Types. Leech Seed isn't needed. Water Pulse is so much better.

Raichu doesn't need Thunderbolt. Use Brick Break over Thunderbolt. Return over Agility.

Gallade has no use for Earthquake. Psycho Cut is its STAB and should be in the set. I can also recommend Thunder Wave to use as an alternate move Swords Dance.