• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate my team please? (Ingame/competive)

[size=7pt]
467.gif

Magmortar @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Flame Body
Role: Special Sweeper
Nature: Modest

- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Solarbeam

476.gif

Probopass @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
Role: Double Wall
Nature: Relaxed

- Explosion
- Sunny Day
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Kings Rock
Trait: Snow Cloak
Role: Physical Sweeper
Nature: Adamant

- Earthquake
- Facade
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche

350.gif

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
Role: Double Wall
Nature: Relaxed

- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Surf

407.gif

Roserade @ Heat Rock
Trait: Sand Veil
Role: Special Sweeper
Nature: Modest

- Weather Ball
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Solarbeam

149.gif

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
Role: Sweeper

- Dragon Rush
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

[/size]

This team is really good in my opinion but Crobat mystifies me slightly. As a Poison and Flying type, it has a natural advantage over Grass, Bug, and Fighting types yet it has no moves to reflect that fact. And is this D/P? If it is, drop Shadow Ball for a physical posion type attack. Crobats's attack is much lower than its special attack. So....

Crobat-Inner Focus
Toxic
Confuse Ray or Mean Look
Whirlwind or Aerial Ace
physical poison, dark, or ghost move.

Aerial Ace is obviously there for STAB and to compliment Crobat's supierior attack and Speed. I do understand Whirlwind, though, in case you come against Steel types. And if Crobat can learn some good physical ghost or dark type attacks those are good choices as well for obvious reasons. But I'm not sure it can.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Your Snorlax is pretty good. Though it may be a good idea to stick Crunch somewhere in there to deal with Ghost-types. Your choice really.

Hehe, I was wondering why Blissey had Ice Beam tacked on there, but then I remembered that Blissey has the Serene Grace ability. So yeah, I have nothing to say about her either.

Yeah, you seem to have the hang of this. Torterra's fine as well. Crunch may also be an option instead of Leech Seed.

Infernape's pretty solid. Brick Break would work fine as well if you don't like Close Combat's stat reductions. And Shadow Claw in place of Swords Dance is another option.

For Empoleon. Flash Cannon > Grass Knot. Yep, believe me.

I imagine that Shadow Ball on Crobat is for Psychic types? You know what would be better? X-Scissor. That way you're still protected against Psychics and you get to take advantage of Crobat's Physical-Attacking-goodness.

Well, it was sort of intended to be a Toxishuffler, but I see your point.

Would Poison Fang be a good move for it?

Even so,i suggest replacing shadow ball with Poison Fang at least.Its a move crobat can learn,its a damage move as well,and it has a chance of toxic.That way you can take advanatage of its poison,its good attack,and still have a chance of toxic.

Shadow ball seems to be your choice for an attack move,so i'm just assuming that poison fang would serve that slot better.

I imagine that Shadow Ball on Crobat is for Psychic types? You know what would be better? X-Scissor. That way you're still protected against Psychics and you get to take advantage of Crobat's Physical-Attacking-goodness.

Sems advice works too,i didnt think of psychics there

Wow, thanks for the advice everyone. :)
How's this?
169.gif
Crobat@Leftovers
Trait:Inner Focus
- Ariel Ace
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray
- X-Scissor

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well... There goes your "Toxishuffler" or whatever. :p I'd replace Toxic with Poison Fang then.

I know I shouldn't be bumping, but I've updated the team in the top post, which needs help.

There's something missing in the team, but I don't know what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well...snorlax is fine,Blissy seems to be the generic ice beam blissy so theres no problem there,Marowak has a powerful combo,Golducks nice but i'm guessing would have issues if a grass or electric came?

Crobat needs a new attack move.As far as i can tell it masters at physical attacks,while shadow ball is a special attack

IMO teams fine cept that

Snorlax AND Blissey on the same team?

Well Snorlax has no moves to combat ghosts, so you're screwed there...

For Blissey well. Jumpman on Smogon said it best for counters "The definition of counter needn't be altered in the case of primarily defensive pokemon, as anything that can switch into Blissey with little/no risk and pose an immediate threat to her is a counter even if Blissey isn't necessarily a threat herself. Machamp can switch into any Blissey with impunity, as Guts variants welcome a bosst Attack boost by way of Thunder Wave and Machamp with Rest/Sleep Talk do not care either way even if they are No Guard variants. Similarly, Electivire can switch into Blissey very easily, hoping for a Thunder Wave, as the best Blissey can do is Seismic Toss it on the switch since Ice Beam won't necessarily do too much to Vire's 85 base Special Defense.

To a lesser degree Heracross doesn't mind switching into Blissey, but while it loves a Guts boost, it doesn't particularly like being paralyzed, and further, if it wans to switch into a Sing, it knows that now in DP, a Choice Band/Scarf Sleep Talk will fail after its first use every time Heracross enters battle (or at least it knows now). Rhyperior will only take ~35% from Ice Beam and even less in an Sandstorm thanks to Solid Rock."

Marowak... God I hate the thing, a bulky water like Milo or Swappy will destroy it in one Surf, need something (HP grass... I know it's hard to get, but it's all I could think of).

No problems with Golduck except there's a ton of Pokemon that do this move set better then it does.

Crobat, better pray you aren't facing a dark Pokemon or you're screwed. I know Crobat has amazing speed, but the weakness to Psy/Thunder/Ice beams REALLY let it down. If you miss with confuse ray, which I'll assume you're using first against a Pokemon, pray.

Only 5 Pokemon?

That whole post kinda put my team into perspective. o_O;;

Anyway, I was hoping for advice on a 6th pokemon, I don't know what to include.

Better?

143.gif
Snorlax@Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

242.gif
Blissey@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

105.gif
Marowak@Thick Club
Trait:Rock Head
-Bonemerang
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Double-Edge

350.gif
Milotic@Leftovers
Trait:Marvel Scale
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Mirror Coat
-Recover

286.gif
Breloom@Leftovers
Trait:poison Heal
-Seed Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide

169.gif
Crobat@Leftovers
Trait:Inner Focus
- X-Scissor
- Arial Ace
- Poison Fang
- Confuse Ray

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I think Breloom would be a nice choice.

Breloom
Moves:
-Seed Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Force Palm, Drain Punch, Brick Break
-Rock Slide

Mmm, that's one kick-arse Pokeyman right there. /me hugs teh Breloomz.

Again, no Shadow Ball on Crobat! >:0 Confuse Ray ftw. Confuse Ray is a godly move, why don't people use it more?

Absol maybe?

Absol
Moves:
-Night Slash
-Aeria Ace
-Psycho Cut
-Shadow Claw.

Yos!

Yes! Fighting and Grass! Why didn't I think of it.

Okay, but now Milotic kinda makes Snorlax redundant.

What should I have instead? I was thinking Electric/Special Sweeper...

or Fire.

It's better then your before team but you have:

x3 ice weakness (Maro, Rade, Cro)
x2 Water (Mag, Maro)
x2 Electric (Milo, Cro)
x2 Phy (Cro, Rose)

Nothing can safely switch into a STAB phy attacking, you might wanna consider a dark Pokemon.

Sorry to revive a very old board, but a few last minute changes were made, before I get the game.

I realised something about my team.

Walrien was there to be a bulky-ish water type, so I changed it to Milotic.

Now I needed an Ice type AND Ground, more powerful than Marowak. So, who better than the new Mamoswine?

But...Rock Slide or Stone Edge on Mamoswine?

Hmm... rock slide or stone edge...

If your going for a double battle, rock slide can cause damage to both pokemon... but has a lower power of 75.
However, with Stone Edge's high power and critical hit ratio, that's another story.

Truthfully I reccomend using stone edge seeing as it is a bit better in my opinion.

Changed moves around a bit, added Calm mind to Blissey, to raise Sp Def + Sp Att, and replaced Thunder Wave with thunder bolt. Serene Grace will hopefully paralyze, aswell as the high thunder bolt damage from Calm Mind.

Gave Cacturne Sand Storm, to stall that little bit longer.

On Milotic, saw Hypnosis was an Egg move, so replaced with Attract. "Try killing me now, sucker!"

On Crobat, replaced X-Scissor with Steel Wing.

Any comments on this?

Well, now I'm actually at the part of the game where strategy counts, before I move into competitive battling, /please/ make last second suggestions.

I have to say, very nice team there. Last minute suggestions? Umm..

Leftovers is a great hold item, but doesn't work well for all pokemon. Try wise glasses on Magmortar instead.

Your Cacturne moveset is supportive. It seems like you want it to setup your team with leech seed and sunny day)

Replace Sandstorm with destiny bond as you wanted and giga drain for energy ball. Giga drain has lower power, and if you intend on using destiny bond, then the amount of HP left doesn't really matter. Changing leftovers for a heat rock is good too. (More sun)

Cross poison has to be taught from the move tutor, but it's stronger and has a higher crit chance. (It's also physical) If you're willing to breed your crobat, brave bird can replace aerial ace. Change steel wing for X-Scissor. Life orb or muscle band would work better than leftovers btw.

And apart from that, pretty perfect team.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also try having Milotic hold the Flame Orb so it gives it a burn. It lowers its attack (Not that you should be using Physical attacks with Milotic) and kicks in Marvel Scale for increased defense. With Recover and Attract, you'll be untouchable, except for the burn but Recover always kicks in too. And you're protected from other status conditions (Not Confuse, Flinch, ect.), like the deadly Toxic.

Great stuff. The last two posts helped alot.

Items for the other lot?

And, I have a Blissey, but I don't like her at all! She's crap. Any replacement ideas for a special wall?

Oh, and natures and Ev's would help too. :)

Thanks guys!

Edit:
Omg, Cradily!

Can take advantage of Sandstorm, and gives me a rock type!

Yay or Nay?

Cradily@Leftovers
Calm
252 HP 252 Special Defense 6 Defense
Suction Cups
- Amnesia
- Ingrain
- Recover
- Toxic

A couple of reasons. If you send out Cradily, the other guy will most likely expect a rock/ground move and be prepared. Also, that would mean two pokemon on your team would know earthquake.

If you intend to use Cradily as a special wall, then only one attacking move (if any) is needed. Wring out does a lot of damage if the enemy has higher HP, and as said before; since they're expecting some rock/ground moves they probably won't send out a steel type.

The team is fine, it's nice to change around your team a lot, it lets you see what works and what doesn't.

I'd stop double posting though, if I were you.

i couldve sworn that too, either way...

the probopass's moveset isnt ideal though

with that ability (magnet pull) you should have at least one move that will hurt the steel type

- Explosion
- Sunny Day
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

im not really sure how you're going to use the sunny day, so if you could give some input on it id be glad to help/give ideas

Sunny day: because Probopass is set to last, it could use sunny day to set up Magmortor or Roserade for sweeping.
(solarbeam + flamethrower on Mag, synthesis + weather Ball + solarbeam on Rade)

in that case, there really isnt much room for adding, and its a solid moveset, so i guess thats fine, though leftovers is almost as good on him as rest, if it does heal as much as i think it does...wait, no, i just checked, and his health stinks on ice...though gravity is a viable option for a replacement move, and magnet rise too...