• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rate my team(OU)

260.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed
Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf

135.png

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid
Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Thunder Bolt
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Hidden Power Ice

448.png

Lucario@Life Orb
Adamant
Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch

485.png

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Modest
Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Overheat
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse

130_s.png

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

492.png

Shaymin@Life Orb
Timid
Serene Grace
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Seed Flare
Hidden Power Fire
Air Slash
Leech Seed

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Warned for double-posting and colour abuse, for one thing. Read the rules before posting again.

Secondly, your team breaks the Item Clause set here since you have three Leftovers. Also, Celebi is not legal for use here, so you'll have to make several changes to fix your team up so it adheres to the rules.

Other than that, there's really not a whole lot to say. Jolteon can use Substitute over Shadow Ball potentially, Heatran could try Fire Blast over Overheat as well, and Gyarados would probably prefer to have Stone Edge somewhere in case a physically defensive Vaporeon shows up to mow him down with HP Electric (although this is still very risky to pull off.) Also, Leftovers on a fully-offensive Gyarados is a waste - Wacan Berry aids his setup far more overall and gives him more defense against the aforementioned Vaporeon set, as well as against anything likely to carry decent physical bulk and an Electric-type move.

That's about all really - most you'll need to do is change your team around so it sticks within the rules here.

Idk why I can't use Celebi or have three pokemon with Leftys.. ??? Cause this is just for regular OU Play. Anyways Shadow Ball is there in case my opponent where to switch into Electivire or a pokemon who would resist TBolt. Cause Shadow Ball should 2HKO everything but Blissey and Snorlax. I have leftys on Gyarados incase i need a lil more HP and Ice Fang for Dragons and Gliscor if I dont have Swampert still, and if I were to use anyother item I'd use a LO. If Vaporeon where to come out I'd switch into Jolteon or Swampert. Heatran has Overheat cause it's Scarfed and Overheat just fills that hit and run clause.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Lucarioteen gets a warning for terrible advice. Explain to me how HoshiJizz having two Water-types (one of which is immune to Electric-type attacks and the other takes only neutral from Grass-type attacks) is a problem when Jolteon (also immune to Electric) and Heatran (quad-resists Grass) are also in the team.

Anyway...back to you HoshiJizz. 'Charms uses a very different ruleset to the standards...well, OK, it's basically the same with a few changes made to it, but here's the topic:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/http:/ ... ic.php?t=5

Note that on top of Item Clause, Salamence is legal whereas Celebi is not. Celebi being banned is due to Wi-Fi being used over Shoddy here, so any Celebi owned by a player is likely to have been AR'd, which 'Charms as a whole is completely against. As for the tiers, well...they don't exist, besides the Uber tier being turned into a simple "Banned" tier, and everything else being completely free to use. I'd read up on it.

As for your team, Jolteon getting Substitute would, I feel, benefit your team more than Shadow Ball simply because your team has three very powerful attackers, two of which have set-up moves. You already have Baton Pass, so if Jolteon finds himself in a bit of a rough spot, or you predict that an opponent is likely to switch in something that Jolteon will have problems with, you can Sub up on the switch and then Baton Pass away to whichever attacker you choose. Potentially, you could end up with Lucario and Gyarados out with a Substitute protecting them, if the opponent doesn't destroy it on your Baton Pass turn, allowing you a free turn of setup (and potentially winning you the game right there.) I think that'd serve you a little better than Shadow Ball would, and honestly, I can't see it 2HKO'ing Swampert, which is about the only thing I can see you using it on besides Ghost-types, Electivire and other Jolteon. The Ghosts suffer only slightly less damage from your Thunderbolt (except Rotom, but his appliance formes are non-existent on Wi-Fi) and you're far better off simply Baton Passing away to Swampert if Electivire shows up, since you're getting Earthquake back if you try to stay in, Shadow Ball it and it survives your attack.

As for Heatran, the only benefit I can see Overheat giving you over Fire Blast here is the superior accuracy. Granted, if you are very wary of low-accuracy moves, Overheat is a good option for you to have, but Overheat isn't likely to gain an OHKO on something that Fire Blast would not since the power increase is quite small (and Heatran's Fire Blast is already retardedly strong anyway,) Fire Blast is more likely to gain a 2HKO on certain threats than Overheat is due to the second Overheat doing less damage than the first, unlike Fire Blast doing the same damage twice over, and anything that Fire Blast will be ineffective against (Snorlax, Blissey) Overheat will also be ineffective against. Potentially, your Heatran could quite easily mop up the last remnants of an opposing team himself if he had Fire Blast (Overheat can't do this since it drops your Sp.Attack every time you'd use it,) and while the Choice Scarf may force you to have to switch about a bit, there's no point in having Overheat force you to have to do it even more. The accuracy increase is the only benefit I can see for Overheat here, because Heatran doesn't really need the extra power (Fire Blast already OHKO's a lot, especially with Modest nature.)

Are you kidding me? Im seriously getting a warning for this? Wow.
Its my opinion.
I wouldnt have 2 of the same types on my pokemon team....
He can do whatever he wants to do with his pokemon team.
I was just saying what i thought. They dont really have to follow what i say...
???

*EDIT*
Besides, its just Pokemon. Its not like im seriously offending the person.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@Lucarioteen ~ KoL didn't say anything about you offending the person. Your warning is for posting pointlessly in someone's topic who is asking for advice. You didn't even say why you think two Water types are a bad idea. The two Water types in question have completely different roles within the team, as well as not being weak to the same things. Therefore in this case they are fine on the same team.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course you are - but if you feel the need to voice it do so in a helpful manner. Just saying 'Two Water types... bad idea' isn't helping anyone.

If you have anything else to say on the matter then please do so in a PM to myself. This topic belongs to someone else and isn't here for you to complain about your warning.

@Hoshijizz ~ KoL far out shadows my team advice giving abilities, but here's my two cents anyway :V

I think your team fits together really nicely With Jolteon having Volt absorb, he and your two Water Pokemon work rather well together. Gyarados will attract Electric attacks, which basically gives Jolteon a free recovery on the switch. Anything trying to exploit Jolteon's Ground weakness will either miss entirely if Gyarados is switched in, or be almost pointless if Swampert is switched in. As for Swampert's Grass weakness, Gyarados is neutral to it with him being half flying. Throw Heatran into that mix and you have a great Grass resistance.

Your team does have a fair weakness to Ground, with three of it's members being weak to it (x4 in Heatran's case) but again, this is covered by having a member that takes minimal damage from it as well as a Pokemon it misses entirely. As long as you avoid those Earthquakes, you'll be fine~

Obviously as KoL has said, you team doesn't fit into the rules here on 'Charms, so a couple of changes would need making if you plan on battling here. But there's no point me going into that, as KoL already has.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Doctor's Clinic Rules said:
1. For the love of Arceus, do NOT post advice if you don't know what you're talking about. By giving someone advice that contains false or inaccurate information, you risk worsening their team if they follow that information. Make sure you know EXACTLY what you're talking about if you're posting advice - if you're not sure what you're doing, you're probably far better off keeping your mouth shut and your fingers away from your keyboard.

Anyone caught breaking any of the above rules, or any of the usual rules of Pokecharms in this board will receive an official warning.

Try actually reading the rules, Lucarioteen, before you complain about your warnings, unless you want more where that one came from. End of discussion - one more word about it out of you and it's another warning.

Shaymin works fine HoshiJizz, but you can only have one duplicate item in your team, which means one of your Orbs or Leftovers has to go. As suggested, Wacan Berry on Gyarados would work perfectly for you here, since you can actually set up a Dragon Dance in the face of even Electric-types, who will likely attempt a greedy attack with their STAB move. You'll very likely survive (unless Stealth Rock hits Gyarados first - be wary of this,) get a Dragon Dance up, and be able to slaughter the offending Electric-type on your next turn, since you're now faster than them. Very handy, and surprisingly unexpected.

On that subject, a Rapid Spinner might be a good thing for you to have - although no-one in your current setup can use it, it's definitely worth keeping the move in the back of your mind if you find entry hazards become troublesome for you.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Shaymin may not have Serene Grace in its land forme, and Sky forme isn't possible to use on wifi [Sky forme is also considered Uber on most Shoddy servers]. That aside, your Shaymin seems a bit contradictory in its set :-\

Leech seed is a good option for Shaymin, but I question how well it will work in tandem with a life orb and primarily offensive training. You would likely do more damage to your opponent, and save yourself from taking more damage by using a direct attack rather than risking a hit to set up Leech Seed with very little defensive training.
I don't want to completely shut out the idea - it can work, especially if Shaymin seems to force a switch every time it comes out, I just see it as doing more harm than good in the long run.

Earth Power would be ideal to replace Leech Seed for your set, so you can have something to cover fire types better than Air Slash.

Edit

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
Natural Cure
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Rest [or Hidden Power]
EVs: Full Speed/Special Attack, 4 HP

This is the Shaymin I like to use myself, and I find the scarf goes very well with Seed Flare's effect [not to mention Air Slash]. Earth Power is for predicted fire types and Rest is just a surprise to pull out when I predict a switch while Shaymin is heavily damaged. I found that I always preferred Seed Flare to Hidden Power because it's safer to use in the event of a mispredicted switch and can even turn the tides in your favor in the face of something that resists it.
I post this both as a suggestion and to back up the fact I don't want to completely shut out Leech Seed on the Life Orb set you've posted. Opting for rest on a choice set seems like a dumb idea to most, but it works better for me than the standards 8)