• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate my team...or not.

Been working on this forever...

Salamence @ Leftovers
Timid Nature.

Iron Tail
Fly
Dragon Claw
Giga Impact

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Bold Nature

Megahorn
Rock Wrecker
Earthquake
Subsitute

Milotic @ Leftovers
Gentle Nature

Surf
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Recover

Electivire @ Leftovers
Hardy Nature

Fire Punch
Thunderpunch
Brick Break
Giga Impact

Infernape @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature

Flare Blitz
Flamethrower
U-Turn
Close Combat

Gengar @ Leftovers
Bold Nature

Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Toxic

edited to include their godawful natures.
edit: Shadow ball on gengar

It looks good but u should put the nature and more info so people can get a better understanding of what their dealing with.

Only one thing i have to say...

why solar beam on Infernoape?The only thing i see is if u can predict when a switch to water is comming...but the thing is if u use it when the water is already out HE.IS.DEAD.He has pretty low defenses if i recall so most decent water pokemon can take him out pretty fast.

thats only thing i see,rest is awesome

also whats with all the leftovers?It seems wasted on any pokemon thats not meant to be a tank.Infernoape is obviously meant to be a sweeper so maybe a plate to power up his fire or fighting?or even the glasses that power up all special attacks.It seems like the items slot would be better used on somthing that would make one shots more likely

Not to mention that if you organize a fight through this forum you'd either have to specifically state multiple items are allowed and get the opponent to agree or you'd be limited to a single leftovers.

Why your Gengar has Shadow claw instead of Shadow Ball??? Is its Attack greater than its Special Attack?

Absolutely not. I recommend dumping Shadow Claw for Shadow Ball. Gengar's special attack is significantly higher than its attack. Seriously, before the D/P physical/special split Gengar was unable to use Ghost and Posion moves effectively. That's how much lower Gengar's attack is.

Gengar is my ALL TIME FAVORITE pokemon. Here is my set up:

Gengar, Hasty Nature
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Shadow ball
Giga Drain (you can change this one for Sludge Bomb or Toxic in you want a poison move)

my gengar's moveset is:
nightmare (even works on normal pokemon! i've tested it.)
dream eater
hypnosis
shadow ball (for anything that is an insomniac)
and it's holding wide lens, to improve accuracy

basically it's hypnosis, nightmare, dream eater until it's dead.

i like this moveset the best, since it restricts your opponent's moves, and allows gengar full mobility whilst the opponent is asleep.

my gengar's moveset is:
dream eater
hypnosis

i like this moveset the best, since it restricts your opponent's moves, and allows gengar full mobility whilst the opponent is asleep.

What happens if you face a Vigoroth? It's a double whammy: it's a normal type and has the Vital Spirit ability. Do you just switch out?

I see where this moveset is going but it's got three big problems: the notorious inaccuracy of hypnosis (thank goodness for the wide lens), steel types and dark types. That's just my opinion. And I stand correct if I'm totally wrong. It just seems like this moveset can be messed up easily even with the wide lens(don't get hit by Thief, Covet, Switcheroo, etc). BTW how is this Gengar being used? Ingame/Competitve, Double or single battle.

my gengar's moveset is:
dream eater
hypnosis

I also tried to use a moveset like this one with a secondary Gengar, but Hypnosis fails too much (and I dont have wide lens). I prefere Gengar as a sweeper, in previous versions (Ruby,Emerald, Fire, Leaf) it sucked, but now with the new rules in Diamond it rocks.

What happens if you face a Vigoroth? It's a double whammy: it's a normal type and has the Vital Spirit ability. Do you just switch out?

I see where this moveset is going but it's got three big problems: the notorious inaccuracy of hypnosis (thank goodness for the wide lens), steel types and dark types. That's just my opinion. And I stand correct if I'm totally wrong. It just seems like this moveset can be messed up easily even with the wide lens(don't get hit by Thief, Covet, Switcheroo, etc). BTW how is this Gengar being used? Ingame/Competitve, Double or single battle.

i doubt someone would really use a middle-stage evolution in serious competition, but yes, you do switch out.

inaccuracy of hypnosis? with wide lens it has at least 80% accuracy (not sure about the effect of wide lens, but i know it helps)

steel types? dark types? what if they're asleep? what if i've got nightmare set up on them, and i'm using dream eater on the steel types, or shadow ball on the dark types? simply put, dark and steel types will always be an issue for ghost and poison pokemon, regardless of the moveset.