• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate My Team: All Suggestions Appreciated

To all you veteran competitive battlers out there: Yes I know about STABs, but I'm still shaky on EV's, I've read the FAQ on Evs but still don't understand. I'd like to become a serious competitive battler, but my team is mediocre at best. I have Leaf Green and Emerald, as well as Pearl, so I can get any Pokemon off there. I'm open to all suggestions, whether it be attacks, pokes, or natures. ANYTHINGS, guys, I'm not even satisfied with the Pokemon in my team, so any help there will be nice too. (I have access to Pearl, LG, Emerald.)

Assume all are level 70

Swampert - Serious
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Surf
Waterfall (for physical damage)

Garchomp - Gentle
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Dragon Pulse (for special damage)
Earthquake

Infernape
- Bold
Arial Ace
Close Combat
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz

Roserade - Naive
Giga Drain
Grass Knot
Petal Dance
Sludge Bomb

Raichu - Calm
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Light Screen

Flygon - Sassy
Fly
Crunch
Hyper Beam
Earthquake

I feel as though my team is missing something, but I can't put my finger on it. Also, I'm not very satisfied with the moves I have on my Pokemon. Any suggestions on anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Please read this

But, I'll asign natures.

Swampert: Impish
Garchomp: Jolly
Infernape: Jolly
Roserade: Timid/Modest (Ability: Natural Cure)
Raichu: Hasty/Naughty
Flygon: Adamant/Jolly/Navie/Naughty (Last two are if you want to use Fire Blast in the moves)

Oooh ouch this is a numeric rating...you should really get rid of HMs and the moves that are the same type because diversity in moves will help you with STAB's and weaknesses.

Your Teams Rating: 1

Eek. This team won't do at all.

First off: HM moves are garbage. Get rid of them.
Now, here's some better movesets, with the natures Plapti said...

Swampert@Leftovers-
Earthquake
Avalanche
Stealth Rock
Waterfall/Surf

Earthquake is the main move, Avalanche hits things that resist it, Surf for another STAB move, and Stealth Rock for those that are weak to Swampert and will switch out.

Garchomp@Life Orb-
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang

Swords Dance will help rip teams up to shreds. Dragon Claw and Earthquake will do a bunch of damage to most Pokemon, the ones that resist them (Skarmory and Bronzong) get a Fire Fang.

Infernape@Choice Band-
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Thunderpunch
Stone Edge

A Choice Bander, no set-up required. Owner with good predictions preferred. Kills nearly anything.

Roserade@Choice Specs-
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)

It does an incredible amount of damage with Leaf Storm, while Sludge Bomb is a great second STAB move. Shadow Ball for Ghosts and Hidden Power for those resistant.

Raichu@Leftovers-
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Focus Punch
Hidden Power (Ice)

Standard Raichu set. Hits pokemon weak to physical and weak to special, dealing good damage to both.

Flygon@Choice Scarf(Naughty nature)-
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Draco Meter

Choice Scarf helps outspeed opponents, Draco Meter for a quick kill on dragons, and U-Turn for pokemon you can't take down.

Hope that helps.

U-Turn also works over Thuderpunch on Infernape. Waterfall 100% of the time on Swampert. HP Fire over Ice to cover Ice weakness. The Raichu set is mixed. Special attack is better so this'll work:

Modest/Timid (Hardy) Nature
252 S.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Item: Choice Specs
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice/Surf
-Focus Blast
-Grass Knot

Just cause Raichu has few good Special Attacks. T-Bolt for STAB, HP Ice, Surf, and Grass Knot cover its weaknesses and Focus Blast to deal with some random stuff, that and Steel types and Steelix.

Physical Raichu:
Jolly/Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
-Volt Tackle/Thuder Punch
-Brick Break
-Fake Out
-Return/Quick Attack

First two attacks are for STAB. Brick Break for coverage. Fake Out for free damage and Return cause its a decent attack. Quick Attack for a priority move.

Hope that helped.