• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Rate My Platinum Team

Not very good, I know. But I like to stay on the offensive though, and I don't have wi-fi, so I can't competitive battle, anyway, here we go.

Empoleon-Lv.65
Don't Know how to count EVs

Hardy Nature

Moves: Surf, Shadow Claw, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam

Porygon-Z-Lv. 64

Hasty Nature

Moves: Psychic, Discharge, Recover, Signal Beam

Staraptor-Lv. 63

Lax Nature

Moves: Close Combat, Brave Bird, Fly, Steel Wing

Scizor-Lv. 64

Adamant Nature(YAY!!)

Moves: Strength, Night Slash, Iron Head, Brick Break

Giratina-Lv.65

Quiet Nature

Moves: Hyper Beam, Thunder, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force

Magnezone-Lv. 64

Quiet Nature

Moves: Lock-On, Flash Cannon, Thunder, Discharge

Just tell me what you think.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Try posting something that's actually useful next time Spirittracks, or at least factually correct.

Back to you Ace10. There's a lot of issues with your movesets, although since you're not doing competitive I won't go into too much depth (since it's not necessary.) They're not too bad overall though, and since you're keeping it casual, I'll stick with the basics:

- You generally don't want two offensive moves of the same type on your sets without a specific reason for doing so (E.g. Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave on Special Lucario, since both moves serve a different purpose despite being the same type.) A lot of your movesets suffer from this problem, and it's an immediate change you can make to improve your chances of victory...or at least make things easier for yourself in battle.

- Porygon-Z has no STAB move. Best option is Tri Attack, so I'd definitely have that.

- HM moves are usually a hindrance to your moveset's effectiveness in any battle since only Surf, Waterfall, and to a lesser extent Rock Smash are really usable. It's best to have a "HM Slave" use all your HM moves for you, so you can free up your moveslots to add superior moves.

That's about it really.