• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rare candies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, quick question, when you use rare candies, do they 'hurt' your stats? (compared to just leveling it up)

They don't hurt your stats. Your Pokemon just won't get any EVs or Effort Values to help increase its stats. So, in a way, the Pokemon won't get the best stats they can, but if you use it after all 510 EVs have been used, then it's safe to use Rare Candies.

So Long Answer short, yes it will, but you can get around the problem.

When I recently compared my Level 100 Venusaur that was not Rare Candy'd to 100 and my Level 100 Torterra raised from Level 5 to Level 100 all with hacked Rare Candies, Venusaur had way higher stats. So, does that answer your question?

No...IVs could be higher on Venasaur. We don't know, but if we do know the IVs, then that'll prove it. Just because it has higher stats, doesn't mean it was trained. The Pokemon that had perfect IVs and Rare Candy-ed up to 100 could easily have better stats then the Pokemon that's trained to Level 100 that had really bad IVs.

No...IVs could be higher on Venasaur. We don't know, but if we do know the IVs, then that'll prove it. Just because it has higher stats, doesn't mean it was trained. The Pokemon that had perfect IVs and Rare Candy-ed up to 100 could easily have better stats then the Pokemon that's trained to Level 100 that had really bad IVs.

Excuse me, your modlyness, but what are IVs?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think this topic has already been answered enough to warrant a locking :p

And so it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.