• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ranger 2 looking any good?

Okay, new information about Pokemon Ranger 2 Batonnage has been released and I am wondering how pokemon fans feel about it. For those who don't know, here are some important points:

-You start out as a rookie ranger, who gets to choose from 17 different partners.
-You can use attacks again but also have updated features, such as riding, surfing, diving, lava riding, and other realworld functions
-You can get Guards, which upgrade the stylist.
-No word on the plot yet.

So, looking forward to or cringing in fear?

I thoroughly enjoyed the first, as it posed a challenge (and provided my mind plenty of reasons to scream curse words). The thing that is most appealing about the second, though, is the ability we have to choose partners. I believe that I heard that Mime Jr. is among those choose able. If this is so, I am going to squeal like a schoolgirl.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I played the first Pokemon Ranger and ended up disliking it a lot. I can't say I have high hopes for this one, even with the new features. They'd have to completely redo the gameplay and make it much more interesting for me to even think about getting this game.

The first one was okay. It was a different way of playing Pokemon. But I think #2 will be a lot better. 17 partners is a huge improvement. I can only pray that the electric ability has been changed to something that isn't disappointing.