1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random-Hero's Alright... But Not Fantastic Splice Work!

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by Random-Hero, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Ladies and Gentleladies, welcome to little gallery of Splices, recolours and edits. While they may not be fantastic, I still enjoy my work and never the less; others do as well. I have stopped requests for a while now and I think it may have infact, caused a drop in my "Skill level". Now less text, more splices:

ONM Official RPG Work:

Recolour I use with the RPG to represent me:
    [​IMG]

ONM-RPG Members / Cast members I spliced:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

New Orange Island Leaders:
    [​IMG]

ONM Forum Game Project:

My Trainer Sprite for the project:
    [​IMG]

In-Game Heroes:
    [​IMG]

Rivals I desgined:
    [​IMG]

Scouts/Rainbows:
    [​IMG]

Splices based on Artwork from Mindless Self Indulgence:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Random ONM Splices:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Your trainer sprites are decent (a little fuzzy, but my eyes are super dry for some reason), but some of your splices are a little freaky.

The ones for MSI are pretty cool, but the Jynx/Loppuny one just is indescribable. However, your Dragonair and Lapras one is one of your best splices, being smooth, having a great choice of Pokemon, and it echoes the Loch Ness Monster. The Milotic/Girafarig was pretty good, too. It flows amazingly well.

Your Dragonite with a Weedle head…*shudders* For some reason, it is rather odd, but in a good way, kind of like the Fly.

#2 Secad MS, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  3. Caterpie my dear, lol. ;)
    It was a joke among members, describing how Weedle and Caterpie looked before evolution; proving they where the greatest of all Pokemon. But of course, I like my work to look somewhat "Random" and to freak people out... So Im hoping when you sad they are freaky... It was a good freaky. Tehe. (Also, yes... Jynx/Loppuny is somewhat worrying)

I have some splices I have yet to post, well... Because I dont like how they turned out or just because of the style alone.

#3 Random-Hero, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  4. Yes, when I said freaky, I meant the good sort of freaky, don't worry. :)

Err, I meant to say Caterpie, sorry. Thanks for correcting me.

I have to say the Onix/Gyrados one is good too, but the little metal thing on the Slugma/Steelix MSI one looks a little pixelated, not smooth and metallic.

5. The Splice was based on this image... Not the most fantastic creation;

[​IMG]

Do you have any requests? Ohh and here is the work which I am ashamed off most:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. I love the Gyrados/Magmortar. It looks like, I will eat you now.

7. Your Manaphy/Phione-pink-thingie is acutally kind of cute. If it were somehow a smoother join it would probably be better.

Have you thought about doing mugs? :)

8. Thank you both for your kind words and feedback. :3

Im still learning, no matter how many "OMG, YOU R LIEK AWESOME!!111" based comments I have got in the past. I intend on learning how to do Mugshots, I just have yet to find the time... :(

Thank you both agian.