• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rain's art

The Iron/Stel Tiger suit is awesome! *hugs it but gets stabbed by the awesome armor* The delicate lining easily makes the details apparent. You may not have drawn it the same way as Stel, but it is still deadly gorgeous.

*sighs* I must admit, gerbils don't have the same grandeur as tigers. :/

Are those dreadlocks on the back of the tiger helmet? Nice touch!

Well i will have to say I love your style. Ive tried to color with markers and i never have had results like yours, they are awesome. You seem to succeed at whatever art forms you try... :)

So i don't know if your still up to it, but a few weeks ago I spoke with you on 'charms chat about requests and you said you would take em. Some things happened and i kinda lost track of 'charms. So if you are still up for it here is my request.

Um I want a sonic style character. I was thinkin wolf but anything really would work, and i want it styled like me. I always wear a lime green hoodie that has a bright blue zipper and those shoelace things on the hood. um either a bright blue or black shirt and dark blue jeans not baggy but not skinny... i have short spiky black hair and brown eyes. Probably a dark gray for the body and the green and blue are like the colors in my avvi. Free reign on anything else and I don't care what media you use to create. Thanks a lot if you do it, and keep up the good work.

Here you are, Aero~

aerosonic.png

Hope you like it..

Rain you have fantastic art :3

I loooooove the group picture because you did the lil bobcat guy really well, and the owl and Spinda people are awesome too.

JSRF Rain is sexy.

and Aero's lil guy is just adorable and I wanna hug himmmmmmmmmmmm

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT. It's perfect in every way. I especially love the hair :) . Thanks a lot rain keep up the good work.

I love your work! I especially love the picture with Gardevoir and Blaziken. They look so elegant together. Keep up the good work!

Holy, Rain, the drawing turned out great! It looks very lifelike and the colorwork is absolutely awesome. You have great skill in drawing Blaziken and Gardevoir.

Thanks for making the drawing and keep up the good work!

A new random sketch. I have requests to do, but I'm a procrastinator and I need motivation..I'm lucky I cranked this out...It was inspired by HIM (the band, for the less fortunate who haven't heard of them).

Rain looking cozy~ I decided to try something new with the coloring, since my markers are dying.. -sniffle-
newrainmarker.png

Even though your markers are dying, it doesn't look like it. For some reason, the eye and the mind spread the colors over the space after given a sample of it.

Three requests from chat done.

This is Carmen's..Supposed to be her as a Sonic character..but I sucked at drawing her =( This is the mess that happened..
carmensonic.png

Here's my attempt at Pheo. I didn't want to color it cuz I was afraid of ruining it and I wasn't sure of what colors to go with =/
pheosonic.png

Finally, I've got Katie's request here..Which turned out to be quite possible the worst interpretation of a Linkachu evarrrr! >=o
linkachusonic.png

Me a Sonic charrie :'( It's awesome! Like I said in chat, I love Rain's art style and I think mine and Linkachu's came out very well even if Rain doesn't think so XD

And all of Pheo's wings and his glasses = adorable.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OMG Rain... That came out EXACTLY as I was expecting it too! XDDD It's great, and I rather love the touch with the Triforce gloves and the pants. Cute hair, too. Thank you muchly! ^_^

I'm with Carmen here... I think all three of the pics look really good. Carmen's actually does look like her (and it's really pretty, too) XD

The wings on Pheo's are very nifty, and I love his shirt/glasses. Still looks nice without color imo ^^

Fanart of Shocari's Yu-Gi-Oh! Character, Seishuku Senka. This drawing..really..does NOT do the character any justice.. In fact, I cropped a lot of it out because it was so..wrong T.T But yeah, to you, Sho! =D
senka.png

Random side note for Shocari: If you want to use this for anything (dunno why XD) you can.

it's just so.....D'AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
:'D

Y'know what, I'mma put that as mah Avvie, now that you mention it. And the Sonic-style versions of the members? Cute as can be ^^

Senka looks so freaking awesome! You did a great job, Rain. You should give yourself more credit.

Sonic-style members look great too!

I plan on coloring this, but I wanted to show the line art first. This is Cassidy, an original character whom belongs to Jeydis. She requested that I draw her, so I did =) Not sure if it's all correct...sorry if the one side of her hair isn't short enough =o that's how I draw "fuzzy". Teehee.

Cassidyink.png

I like it, the outfit you made up looks great ^_^ fishnet ftw.

Thank you very much for taking the time to this.

I think you did a good job on Cassidy. The article of clothing which I'm calling a dress looks cool. You put a lot of detail into how it flows when the person is rocking. I don't know if I communicated what I meant through that, but I tried. xD

I love the marker thing. I will try it! (Wait, I don't have markers...)

I tried something similar to that (only coloring the outlines of the color) but I felt it didn't give it enough. Anyway...

I still need to color Jey's request. I will get to that soon. I wanted to show you guys this:

Rain's got some changes to her appearance, I like her new hair. What does everyone else think?

NewStyleofRain.png

Hair got a color upgrade! I wonder if it will end up rainbow :p

Love the new style and its nice to see full color again :D

I really like the Raichu. You can tell it's one, but it is really different. Which is good because you incorporated your own style into it. The Flareon's flaming body is well done too.

Rain, the Flareon, and the Raichu look cool! However, what Pokemon would want eyeliner, eh? Lol. I still like your style, as it's edgy and somewhat anime-ish.

The new Rain upgrade looks sweet! The blonde and pink work better than I thought, as I'm not fond of that combination.

I want the arm warmers. :D

We all know what this is....

Err...As much as I hate the idea of Lucario having an evolution (since I'm not a fan of that Pokemon, dammit), I noticed that the new Pokemon silhouette has far too many similarities to it. Waist (very thin, like Lucario's), leggies (fighter's leggies), nose (canineish/weaselish nosey), also arms seem to be exaggerated forms of Lucario's. If I'm not correct in this guess, it is at least a hell of a good one...

Anyway, don't mind my squiggly coloring, my hands aren't too steady tonight =((

newpokemonguess.png

Art-Lucario.jpg

It's safe to say that you did a great job even though you say you are tired. I love what you did. I have no idea what I think it will look like, but I'll think of this when ever I see the silhouette just because you did suck great job. I love the color scheme.

Oooh, it's a nice rendition Rainy, but I don't think Lucario's gonna get an evo. It still looks fantastic, though ^^

*crickets chirp and odd noises of an attempt to say something come out*

*regains composure*

From your drawing, I can see how an evolution of Lucario can be possible. If it does happen, the thing must be abnormally powerful, maybe powerful enough to be Uber.

That's a lot of hair, lol. :p

Err...As much as I hate the idea of Lucario having an evolution (since I'm not a fan of that Pokemon, dammit), I noticed that the new Pokemon silhouette has far too many similarities to it.

I would like to EMPHASIZE what I said there, since I'm not sure it was clear...meaning, I HOPE I am not right. It's just what came to mind when I saw the silhouette because of a couple similarities I found. I am probably WAYYYY off.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Lucario just reached Yusuke's demon form! :O

That is really well done Rain, it looks like it could even be official art! In the result that Nintendo releases the silhouette's true form(e) and it looks just like that, I'm calling shenanigans on them and dubbing you a psychic.

I too am hoping it isn't a Lucario evo just because it would be too cliche and I would hope that Nintendo would be more creative than that. I still stand by the opinion that the shadow looks like a Lucario/Sandslash hybrid though.

My newest Pokemon OC, Minu.

Minu.png

Besides these three Pokemon, Minu also has a Skarmory, Togetic, and Tropius.

Minu is fourteen years of age, with a pure heart. She loves her Pokemon more than anything in the world, for they are her family. She was born in the region of Hoenn. Her greatest wish when she was younger was to fly as high as she could, and with her winged Pokemon, she can. Her goal these days is to witness Ho-Oh flying in the skies above.

Another interesting fact.. Minu always allows her Pokemon to choose whether they battle or not. She prefers they didn't, but her Pokemon are always determined to show her they can fight for her.

Aww, this is a cute picture, Minu seems sweet. I like her hair, it's all simple up top and detailed on the bottom and it works really well. The ribbony thing is a nice touch, too~

I like all of the Pokemon. Butterfree's wings are awesome and they fold together neatly. Flygon's eyes are fun, they look like good protection from sandstorms. And Altaria is just generally cute. I like her tail. :)

Hi Rain. Your drawing style is Awesome ;D! I was wondering if you could do a sonic interpretation for me. I'd like brown hair and blue eyes and if you want a character reference, I like Tails (character from sonic). Thank you if decide to do it!

So, I told you this in chat last night....

but Minu is fantastic! I like how she and the Altaria are both winking. I dunno. It just seems nice to me ^^

Your Lucario coloring of Zoroak (did I spell that right?) is really great. I'm glad it's not an evo, though xD

And also that Flareon is really really cool. Kinda...ghostly looking. I like it : D

Thanks for all the comments, guys.

After I created Minu, I had the sudden urge to draw her, Rain, and Jenova's character, Kimzie together.. so I did. It's colored in crappy colored pencil just because I'm far too tired to get digital coloring done, and this was for fun anyway.

doodly.png