• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Rainbow Six: Absolution (Sign up open!)

An RP based off of the Rainbow Six video game and book franchise. For those who don't know what it is, 'Rainbow' is a classified international counterterrorism organization with operations in basically all countries, and operators from many nationalities. RP thread goes up when enough people have joined.

RULES, READ BEFORE POSTING OR SUBMITTING A BIO
[1] All characters should be above the age of 20.

[2] All characters should be atleast a Lance Corporal or above.

[3] Due to the nature of this RP, there probably will be some violence, blood, etc. If it's anything excessive or gory, tag your post this way with -
GORE/INTENSE VIOLENCE

[4] You must be of an actual counter terrorism organization, (GIGN For French, FBI SWAT for Americans, etc.) for your character to be accepted.

[5] You should use weaponry of your nationality for your character, though you don't technically have to.

[6] I'm really polarized on romance, I'll say loosely that it is allowed, but I would not like it to go anything past a sub - plot.

[7] Put Buttered Iguana in your other section to show you actually read the rules.

[8] Nothing supernatural.

[9] I'm fine with operators having special gadgets like in Rainbow Six: Siege, but don't stray too far into the - 'ridiculous Sci-Fi' category.

[10] Operators of both sexes are allowed. This also goes for race and ethnicity.

[11] You can have up to four different characters, and feel free to make some neutral characters or terrorists, as well. It helps drive the plot forwards.

[12] If your character gets shot or injured, I expect you to react accordingly. Also, if your character isn't in cover and suddenly a hail of bullets comes upon them - you don't have to kill off your character, but don't just god mod and dodge all the bullets. You can react yourself to all actions, because the autoing rule exists, but be realistic.

O P E R A T O R F I L E (C L A S S I F I E D)
Bio Format:
Name:
Callsign:
Nationality:
Weaponry:
Sex:
Personality:
Organization Transferred From (GIGN, FBI SWAT, Etc.):
Other:

My (First) Bio:
Name: Oscar "Icarus" Catanzarite
Callsign: Icarus
Nationality: Italian
Weaponry: Benelli M4 Shotgun (Close Quarters Encounters), HK416 Assault Rifle, Glock 19 9x19mm pistol, BM 59 Combat Knife
Sex: Male
Appearance: Reasonably tanned, well built and decently muscular man. He bears short cut light black hair and a well kept stubble of the same color. He has dark green eyes, and is somewhat tall, standing at a decent 6'1".
Personality: Practical and loyal to his superiors, Oscar is what one would call a devout soldier, whose loyalty is always to the mission and those who assign them. He has a sort of respect is earned philosophy, and only confides personal matters in very trusted comrades and individuals. Other than that, he sees his own well being as insignificant, focusing more on saving the lives of hostages and those with a more innocent background than his own. Due to this nature, he can be very rash and head strong, being extremely blunt and brutally honest with the majority of his comments - unintentionally making him enemies, occasionally.
Organization Transferred From (GIGN, FBI SWAT, Etc.): G.I.S (Gruppo Di Intervento Speciale)
Other: Buttered Iguana

(My first attempt in general RP.)

Last edited:
I suppose it is time to have my fan made R6 character come into an RP now after getting her little ferret refreshed on some training. (Though I guess I would likely need to have two character bios made since I don't exactly think that the special forces would classify a knowledgeable animal as a gadget.)

Character bios will likely be made tonight or in the morning/early afternoon in my pacific time area.

Name: Her name is Eriko "Buriga" Saito.
Callsign: Her callsign is Buriga.
Nationality: She is Japanese.
Weaponry:
  • Howa Type 64: An all around rifle that still sees its use in the present day, though hardly outside of Japan due to strict regulation laws. The weapon has been constructed from milled and stamped titanium, along with having an oak finish to allow for better mobility and concealment as a result of its folding capabilities.
  • New Nambu M60: A standard sidearm that replaced the Allies' weaponry in the middle of the Cold War. The weapon's small size and quick double action makes it a must-have for any law enforcer.
  • Suntetsu: A small, metallic rod modified to have tri-edged, spiked blades on both ends. Although the weapon lacks the traditional middle ring, the lethally arranged blades can end up having three practitioners at high risk of losing their jobs.
Sex: Female
Appearance: Eriko stands at being a short height of just five feet tall or roughly about a hundred and fifty centimeters. She has her black hair styled in a short, round bob, along with having light brown eyes, somewhat pale skin tone, a skinny build and some freckles on her modest nose. She wears a nightly black, one piece velvet outfit that is short-sleeved on the arms and legs. She has on a lightweight, battle gray, Class IIA vest modified to allow for better resistance against most close quarter weapons, though slightly decreasing protection against powerful ballistics however. She sports an ebony black helmet lighter than the usual helmets most counter-terrorism organizations wear to allow for better ease of overall movement. Along with that, she wears knee-high, cloud gray leather shoes to have better protection against the elements and for silent, nimble flanks if the situation demands.
Personality: Eriko is usually jolly and outgoing around friends, though she tends to stay quiet when around higher ranks or in a mission. She tends to be hasty when it comes to everyday tasks as a result of being accustomed to getting everything done without a trace. She is also disciplined and tends to focus on her works before going into leisure time, as a result of being in a Japanese crime syndicate. However, due to her high secrecy, no one else knows about her affiliation with the gang as a result of the loose organization disbanding roughly a year ago. The motive for demobilization still remains a mystery to this day.
Organization Transferred From: SFG (Special Forces Group)
Other: She has never heard the term of Buttered Iguana before. She also has a pet ferret that is going along with her on the mission as a result of disliking loneliness. (Information on the ferret is below.)

Name: His name is Junior.
Weaponry:
  • Type B Nambu: A small sidearm having its trigger mechanism modified to allow for auto firing, but at the cost of somewhat higher recoil. The weapon's tiny, lightweight size allows for maximum mobility should combat become an unexpected experience. (Though having a ferret reloading the weapon with ease may require assistance from someone however.)
Appearance: Junior is a small, sable mitt ferret, as he stands at only roughly eight inches when on his hind legs; which also includes his stubby tail. He has black eyes, a small, pink nose, and two small teeth in their upper respective corners in his mouth. His face has a small, cream mask around the eyes and above the nose. The rest of the area on his face is in a light shading of cloud white, along with the outer fur of his tiny, pink ears. He has a dark cream undercoat, as his paws are nightly black, while his claws are as white as his clean teeth. He has on a light cream, lightweight vest tailored for his body, as it does not hamper his speed in any noticeable way.
Personality: Junior is described from his owner to be a modest, sly ferret. He attempts to express himself through various noises, or have a round of charades if his message does not get through at first. He tends to have a artful nature if his owner is not around for a brief moment, as he often takes anything his paws can grab if he can get away with it; whether the object is high up in a closet or over twice his size.
Other: He prefers taking shiny objects, though his owner is giving him the fourth attempt at teaching him to not take everything he wants, especially if it is not his.

Name: Mark Lightstone

Callsign: Genius

Nationality: American

Weaponry:
MP5/10: A small, mid-range submachine gun with a straight magazine.
Glock 22: A basic, close-ranged .40 pistol.
Folding Applegate-Fairgain Combat Knife: A double-sided blade that hasn't seen much service outside of knife collectors.
MK141 Mod 0: A simple diversionary stun grenade used for disorienting people and driving them in or out of rooms.

Appearance: He's light skinned, with short caramel brown hair and green eyes. He's relatively fit, despite standing at 5'10". No facial hair to speak of. Casually seen in cargo pants and loose shirts. In combat, uses a heavyweight black vest in addition to forearm and shin guards. Also wears a mask designed to filter and level gas, sound and light.

Personality: Best described as well-spirited, if controlling. If he's not aware of every part of a situation, he isn't doing his job right and he gets super uncomfortable. Even outside of an operation, he needs to know everybody's and everything's status, and how they will act. Once that is fulfilled, he's pretty relaxed and less alert. He's always able to obey orders, but isn't the best at giving them.

Organization Transferred From (GIGN, FBI SWAT, Etc.): FBI SWAT

Other: What's a buttered iguana? Would iguanas taste good buttered? Do iguanas taste good?

I've never been the best at character profiles :(

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
O P E R A T O R - F I L E (C L A S S I F I E D)
Name: Alexander (Alec) Bane
Callsign: Reaper
Weaponry:
Silenced Barrett M99,
Gil Hibben Cord Grip throwing knives,
Silenced Colt M1911,
garrote wire.
Appearance: Average build, 6' 9", white hair in the style of a high fade with fohawk and design, green eyes, casually seen in jeans, a hoodie and his adhesive boots, in combat he wears all black and his adhesive gloves and boots.
Personality: Alec is usually nice and outgoing around friends, though he tends to stay quiet when in a mission as he is a stealth operative. He tends to walk silently out of habit this means he tends to scare people if he comes from behind. When on a mission he makes absolutely no noise what so ever.
Other: He has technology in his gloves and shoes that means he can stick to walls, and a grappling hook.
Buttered Iguana :)

O P E R A T O R - F I L E (C L A S S I F I E D)
Name: Alexander (Alec) Bane
Callsign: Reaper
Weaponry:
Silenced Barrett M99,
Gil Hibben Cord Grip throwing knives,
Silenced Colt M1911,
garrote wire.
Appearance: Average build, 6' 9", white hair in the style of a high fade with fohawk and design, green eyes, casually seen in jeans, a hoodie and his adhesive boots, in combat he wears all black and his adhesive gloves and boots.
Personality: Alec is usually nice and outgoing around friends, though he tends to stay quiet when in a mission as he is a stealth operative. He tends to walk silently out of habit this means he tends to scare people if he comes from behind. When on a mission he makes absolutely no noise what so ever.
Other: He has technology in his gloves and shoes that means he can stick to walls, and a grappling hook.
Buttered Iguana :)

alright I'm just gonna point out some issues I have with this bio

1. why do you possess two silenced pistols? plus, if you are a combat focused special operations unit, you would likely have a sub machine gun as well, or something other like that.

2. throwing knives are not standard issue for special forces units, and are extremely impractical in actual combat.

3. "he makes absolutely no noise whatsoever" doesn't apply when you're carrying around special forces equipment.

4. "technology in his gloves and shoes" is extremely vague, please elaborate on what actually happens to make you practically the human spider

5. grappling hooks and rappels are different things

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
1. He only has one pistol
2. ?
3. He doesn't carry much he is a stealth operator
4. The technology is similar to Spiderman as in it is basically little adhesive metal hairs that stick the the walls
5. ?

@LeBarrel42

1. I misinterpreted that.

2. It's simple. Throwing knives are impractical and a silenced pistol or SMG is much better - there is absolutely no reason to have a knife other than a last resort for close quarters combat. (and practical uses)

3. Magazines, Flashbangs, Submachine gun, holster, kevlar vest, combat boots, grappling hook (in your case), technologically advanced gloves and boots, likely a gas mask (standard issue), etc

4. That kind of technology doesn't exist; also, adhesive hairs does not negate gravity - especially with the previously mentioned equipment you would inevitably have as a rainbow six operator, and you don't have super human strength.

5. I don't think I made this clear, so let me clarify my point here: as a rainbow operator, you would likely be given a rappel hook, which would likely be thrown or dropped from a helicopter. Grappling hooks are much different things, and are used mostly to actually pull things instead of transportation - I wasn't sure if you wanted to use it in this fashion, or to actually raise up walls, platforms, etc.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Name: Johnathan Jackson
Callsign: Ocean 11
Weaponry: M240 Machine Gun, S9 Ruger, M1911 Pistol
Appearance: White skinned with a blue eye on his left eye and a green eye on is right eye. Dark brown hair with a dark brown beard. Normally wears a white t-shirt under a dark striped sweater. Usually wears all camo when in combat or tasked with a dangerous mission. He is also 7’1. He has a six pack and loaded muscles.
Personality: Never tends to be late for anything and always likes to be early for everything. He usually does like to take command and usually likes to unleash creativity on plans. He sometimes can be a little bit laid back however.
OTF: FBI SWAT
Other: Known to swim well.

Alright, it took a while for me to come up with a unique thing, but here she is!

Name: Kaytlynn Connors
Callsign: Aegis
Nationality: English
Weaponry:
Colt M-4 Carbine: An assault rifle.
Sig Sauer P226: A pistol
Kurambit Knife.
Aegis' trademark weapon is her custom foldable riot shield.
Sex: Female
Appearance: Standing at 5'10", Kaytlynn Connors has brown eyes and blonde hair that comes down to her shoulders. She usually wears a bandanna to cover her face, and a helmet to protect her head. During a mission, she wears cargo pants and some body armor.
Personality: Kaytlynn tends to stay quiet. Although she seems aloof, she is fiercely protective and loyal to her fellow squad members. While in a combat situation, she remains focused and never lets down her guard.
Organization Transferred From: GSUTR
Other: 8utt3r3d 1guana2

I'd like to join this but would need to know it has any potential from a plot point of view. What would we be doing? Because just going in and killing terrorists without a decent overarching tale behind it could get stale fast.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Parker Bell

Callsign: Daemon

Nationality: American / Korean

Weaponry: Benelli M1 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun. (Outfitted with a Ghost Ring sight, red laser, and tactical flashlight. Uses 20 gauge slug rounds as well as 20 gauge shells.)

SIG-Sauer P226 semi-automatic handgun. (Iron Sights and an extended magazine.)

M9 Bayonet tactical combat knife.

Appearance: Standing at 5'10 and 166lbs, Parker is a fairly muscular and strong guy. His hair is pitch black and falls to slightly above his eyes, however he combs it over. His skin is slightly darker than the average Korean-American and his eyes are dark brown.

Personality: Off the battlefield, Parker is a loyal and caring man. He is willing to help anybody in need and appreciates those who are willing to ask for help. However he has a history with depression and dark thoughts. On the battlefield he can only be described as a monster. He is unfeeling and uncaring, willing to eliminate any friend or foe to complete a mission. This is where his callsign comes from, Daemons can be perceived as a force for good or evil.

Organization Transferred From: FBI SWAT

Other: His weapons and outfit are all pitch black with red accents. Has a tendency to cut out patches from enemies or allies clothing as a way to track his kills.

Last edited:
Name: Parker Bell

Callsign: Daemon

Nationality: American / Korean

Weaponry: Benelli M1 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun. (Outfitted with a Ghost Ring sight, red laser, and tactical flashlight. Uses 20 gauge slug rounds as well as 20 gauge shells.)

SIG-Sauer P226 semi-automatic handgun. (Iron Sights and an extended magazine.)

M9 Bayonet tactical combat knife.

Appearance: Standing at 5'10 and 166lbs, Parker is a fairly muscular and strong guy. His hair is pitch black and falls to slightly above his eyes, however he combs it over. His skin is slightly darker than the average Korean-American and his eyes are dark brown.

Personality: Off the battlefield, Parker is a loyal and caring man. He is willing to help anybody in need and appreciates those who are willing to ask for help. However he has a history with depression and dark thoughts. On the battlefield he can only be described as a monster. He is unfeeling and uncaring, willing to eliminate any friend or foe to complete a mission. This is where his callsign comes from, Daemons can be perceived as a force for good or evil.

Organization Transferred From: FBI SWAT

Other: His weapons and outfit are all pitch black with red accents. Has a tendency to cut out patches from enemies or allies clothing as a way to track his kills.

I would accept this, but why are you a major general? You wouldn't be on the front lines of a terrorist operation, if so.

Also I'm still working on the narrative draft I just haven't had much time this week or last, and so I'm finally able to get some substantial progress out.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
I would ask why it matter what rank you are in a fictional setting, and why you can't be a high ranking officer and also a counter terrorist operative... but this is your RP

So, what would you recommend my rank be then?

@Top_Smug_ This is a realistically based RP, and that's not a 'high ranking officer' you should literally be commanding other troops, and at age 23? Yeah, read the rule guidelines regarding rank and decide yourself.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
The only rule regarding ranking is Lance Corporal or above... which is a requirement I met.

But alright, if you say so. I just wish you wouldn't talk so condescendingly.

How was my post condescending? Common sense still applies here, and clearly a general would not be fighting in extremely high risk scenarios, it just doesn't happen.

I really want to join this, but I've never played the Rainbow Six games, nor have I read the book (though I've seen Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan with John Krasinski- it's a good show). I was wondering if I could join this RP regardless. It looks promising, and I've needed another RP. It's been forever since I participated in one. I could possibly read up on some different Rainbow Six topics if that'd help my case.

@Mockingchu The basic premises of the games and book are pretty simple in principle, and you really shouldn't have any issue following the RP - I would suggest simply learning about the nature of the organization, which I still summarize at a once again basic level in my beginning post. Feel free to do whatever kind of research you see fit, though, but nobody had posted on the RP thread in a while so there's plenty for you to insert an introduction into.

(plus I need to be able to push it forwards without double posting)