• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Rainbow falls (rp)

Sign up here! https://pokecharms.com/threads/rainbow-falls-romance-rp.15874/#post-417913
Hope to see you join!
---------------------------------
Sapphire had walked into rainbow falls it was about midday he smiled he walked towards the waterfall the water crashing down onto the lake below he sat down looking around

Ethan arrived a while after sapphire he sighed "life's gonna suck even more now" he said quietly he found a berry bush and started to eat a few

Zelda had to be careful with her longer fur as she hopped over rocks, since it could catch on something and that would not end well for her. Leaping over another hurdle of a stone, she saw the waterfall and grinned softly to herself. Flicking one ear, causing the wooden jewelry hanging from it to swing around and thud against skin, she trotted gracefully across the green. Eventually, after pass two other Pokemon who had arrived, both males, she found a rather nice spot to sit. She jumped, claws scraping against the bark until she climbed up and onto the flat stump of where a tree once stood. Shaking out her glossy fur, she proceeded to lounge on the sturdy wood, a good height off the ground to see most of her surroundings.

Sapphire heard Zelda he turned and smiled "hi there" he said happily he looked at the waterfall "great view isn't it" he said smiling at the calmer part of the lake

"Alola." Zelda replied with a soft smile back to the albino Umbreon. Her paws lifted, imitating the greeting her Alolan trainer always used. She glanced over at the lake, "Hmm? It is rather pretty, I almost want to jump right in and start swimming!" She giggled to herself, "Although, it's not hot enough for it to be comfortable once I'd get out to dry, its a bit too cool today." She shifted, laying so that her paws were tucked under her belly. "Uh... what's you name?" she cautiously continued, some of her natural social awkwardness (And general shyness) slipping into her demeanor.

"My name's been Zelda for a while, and I prefer that name anyways..." she answered, before groaning mentally to herself. That is not how to answer the question girl, pull yourself together she coughed gently, "I mean, I go by Zelda. Zelda the average Umbreon." she smiled, relaxing as she corrected herself and letting some of her gentle sass slip into her voice as she answered Sapphire properly. Zelda the average Umbreon with fabulous fur, might I add she thought to herself, but chose not voice her thoughts.

Sapphire smiled then looked back out into the water and sighed "I'm going to guess you came here for the same reason as me" he said trying to start a convotaion

Zelda shrugged, "I honestly was pushed here my some colleagues who complained about me being alone so often." She sighed, but in find annoyance, "I'm perfectly fine leaving here with some good friends, I don't see the need to rush anything."

Sapphire nodded "heh same don't I don't mind if I leave with a mate though" he said happily "you know I'm going into the lake" he said getting up and stepping in

All but a lone Pangoro sat on a large rock next to the waterfall, playing a tune on his ukulele. He hummed quietly along with the song that he was playing. With each strum of his fingers, the tune kept playing. The Pangoro looked around again, seeing that only two other Pokemon arrived to the falls.
"Hm... Perhaps the other Pokemon are just taking their time..." Rufus murmured, taking a moment to enjoy the view he had from the rock he was sitting on.

Last edited:
So what if the surrounding nature was lush and filled with pretty plant life. So what if the water sparkled when the rays of the midday sun were cast upon it. The only thing that anyone should draw their gaze to was the waterfall! Had they not seen it yet or something?! It was pretty obvious that the rocky cliff, from which the waters crashed down into the lake, would be the perfect dive! How had nobody beaten her to it yet?! Sora couldn’t understand.

Standing at the edge of the cliff she looked down at the waters below, a confident smile plastered on her facial features. She was going to show them how to really have a good time! “I’m Sora!” the Emolga yelled from the top of the cliff, hopefully drawing in some spectators for her next stunt, “and I will show you all what this Emolga does for fun! Just try to keep up!”

Taking a running start Sora jumped off, diving down the side of the cliff before pulling herself up at the last second. Soaring inches above the lake below while yelling out loudly. “That’s what I’m talking about! Whoo~hooo~!!

When reaching the end of the lake Sora slowed down her speedy approach and landed gracefully at the water’s edge. Contemplating what stunt she could pull off next. Maybe she’d just jump down the waterfall again? You know, for the heck of it! It had been a lot of fun after all.

Last edited:
Just moments after beginning to play his ukulele again, something zipped past his vision. An Emolga? Perhaps so. He nearly dropped his ukulele from the sudden dive, though he looked on in awe seeing how the Emolga's flying skills were completely on point.
"Amazing!" Rufus thought, now seeing that the amazingly skilled Emolga landed on the other side of the lake. He, of course, clapped since who wouldn't after witnessing such a dive?

There it was, the clapping she had expected, what else would be an appropriate reaction to another one of her perfect stunts? Standing at the edge of the lake she gazed into the direction where the clapping was coming from and laid eyes on a ukulele-playing Pangoro. He was clearly in awe of Sora and she would reward him, for being such fantastic audience, by introducing herself to him.

Gliding on the cool, gentle breeze she made her way over to the Pangoro, landing next to him on the large rock he had claimed as ‘his spot’. It was a pretty good spot too, looking out over the water, but Sora wasn’t really into the whole ‘taking it easy’ mentality. She was more like a ‘straight to the point’ kind of girl. “Seems like you recognize real talent. Hi! I’m Sora, the artist you just witnessed pulling off that amazing stunt!”

She was boasting. Well, to be fair, Sora was always boasting. Anything she accomplished was worth telling about, she was fantastic after all! According to her at least. The proof had been right there, moments ago, when she executed that perfect dive! Nobody could deny that! Especially this Pangoro, who had even acknowledged her perfection! She had to know this Pokémon’s name. “Buuuut~ enough about me. Who are you?”

Zelda looked away from Sapphire and over to the Emolga who had soared down from the top of the waterfall. To be perfectly honest, the dive was certainly something to be admired, though the boasting retracted from Zelda's full enjoyment. However, she did take notice of the large Pangoro who had stopped playing the rather lovely music. More from Alola, that made Zelda feel more comfortable already. She rolled her eyes gently at the Emolga, but more in amusement given the soft smile on her muzzle. She wished she could be open and confident like her, but alas, some things were not to be.

Kaisa, after a long period of walking, had finally arrived at his destination. Rainbow falls. Standing in front of the waterfall, he marveled at the way the light caught the flow, splitting it into the different colours of the spectrum. He then lay down, and watched it for a few more minutes, mesmerised, before noticing that he was not alone. Turning around, he spotted a dark type which he recognised as a Pangoro on the rock next to the waterfall. Kaisa was completely surprised he hadn't noticed the clash of colour earlier. The Pangoro also had a rather energetic Emolga in front of it, water dripping off the membrane that formed it's wings.

Near to the Absol, were two others, namely Umbreon, one of them walking off towards the lake. A millisecond later, Kaisa registered that the one still out of the water looked slightly different from the normal Eevee evolution he was used to. Might just be the earrings, he thought to himself, turning his gaze back to the waterfall

Rufus lightly smiled at the spunky Emolga. He, coming from the Alola region, waved his rather large hands in the greeting fashion that the people used on the islands of Alola.
"Alola, my name's Rufus." The Pangoros smile grew into a shy grin and he set his ukulele on his lap. "Yes, that stunt of yours was truly impressive, terrific even!" Rufus remarked excitedly, setting his hands down. He hunched down a bit in order to see the smaller Pokemon better, keeping his usual grin. "Tell me, how can you do such amazing tricks with such ease?" The Pangoro seemed rather curious of knowing how such a small Pokemon can perfom stupendous acts.

To Sora this was an unusual greeting, she hadn’t been to Alola before actually and didn’t know the customs from said region. However, a greeting was a greeting and more importantly he told her his name! Which was what she wanted to know after all. So, her new fan’s name was Rufus? A strong name for a seemingly strong Pokémon, she liked it! “That’s fitting! You look like a Rufus!” Sora chirped, excited about getting to know this Pangoro.

Getting to know him was soon replaced by wanting to talk about herself however, as the Pokémon complimented her on her stunt and asked when and how she got so good at it. Pokémon who knew Sora didn’t usually encourage her bragging, but Rufus seemed interested in what she had to say! So she would go all out! “I’m actually a pretty big deal!” Sora started off. She had a pretty big ego for such a small Pokémon, that's for sure. “I got as fantastic as I am by training with Swellow! Whole flocks of Swellow! I’d make them chase me and would then out-run them! Or, out-fly if you will.”

She smiled at her own remark about out-flying them. Boasting about how she was seemingly able to outsmart a full flock of Swellow by herself. If it were true, it would be impressive, but you never knew with this Emolga. She might just be exaggerating, just a little bit. Well, more often than not a lot!

Last edited:
Rufus honestly seemed surprised that even this tiny fellow could out-fly an entire flock of Swellow, seeing how they were increadibly fast Pokemon. His grin faded back to a smile, pleased that the Emolga was keeping him company.
"Well, that's certainly impressive." He picked up his ukulele and held it up. "My only talent is playing this here miniature guitar, though the humans back in Alola call them 'ukuleles'." The Pangoro, too, seemed quite proud of his musical talent. "Though, my musical skills are no match for your lightning fast speed and reflexes."

Seeing as how Sapphire was out of reach in the water, and not noticing the Absol behind her, and knowing she would be given hell if she didn't at least leave here with good acquaintances or friends, she got up and jumped down from the smooth stump. She shook out her glossy fur, and after looking in the water to take care of the few tangles she had gotten, she trotted over to the duo. She had noticed the Pangoro imitate the traditional Alola greeting, which solidified her inference of having a fellow Alolan with her. Not wanting to intrude too much until they openly invited her more, she stopped a foot or two away, enough that her voice could be heard but that she was making it clear she didn't know if she should join the two or not.

Sitting down, and flicking her long fur out of her eyes, she gazed up at the large Pangoro, somewhat intimidated but not terribly. She raised her paws and waved them in the Alolan greeting, "Alola! I couldn't help but notice you two, you play the ukulele beautifully, and its nice to see another Alolan here with me. Your flying was also, uhm... er, I can't find the word I'm looking for to say how impressed I was from a distance, hehe." She ended her greeting sheepishly. Now the Emolga intimidated her, with her loud and boisterous attitude and she could feel her attitude from far away. Up close her shyness increased when talking to the Electric Flying type.

Rufus though out-flying Swellow was impressive? Heck yes it was impressive! To say the least. How many Emolga do you know who can out-speed Swellow? Just this one, exactly! Sora was small in stature, but seemed to be the biggest loudmouth of them all. “Thanks for acknowledging my amazing fee-“ The boasting Emolga broke off her sentence as she noticed Rufus had something to say about himself. She had been interested in learning something about the large Pokémon, but had been distracted by the compliments.

Listening with great interested she sat down next to the Pangoro and looked on as he talked about his talent, playing the ukulele. Truth be told, Sora didn’t know an awful lot about musical instruments as the people playing them were usually too laid back for her taste, with the exception of a select few. “Well that’s because you can’t really compare those talents. I mean the-“

For the second time in the short time-span Sora had interrupted her own speech due to distractions. This time in the shape of an Umbreon. Not your everyday Umbreon though, this one was quite a bit more flashy with the fur she was sporting. Sora had noticed the greeting, this was another one of those Pokémon. “Hi! Yea, I know, I’m a pretty big deal!” Sora exclaimed, a confident smile plastered on her facial features.

Jumping of the rock, Sora made her way over to the Umbreon, meeting her face to face. Or well, not really, she wasn’t exactly tall enough to do that. The Umbreon would have to look down slightly to even see her. “Are you one of those Pokémon as well? Oh, that’s great! Rufus here is as well, you should totally meet him! Come join us!”

"Those? You mean from Alola? Oh, I guess I am... Oh!?" The Emolga fired off questions faster than Zelda could answer. She did catch the ending invitation to go and meet the large Pangoro, and Zelda forced her heart to stop racing. Calm down girl, you're just meeting new Pokemon, nothing that needs you to go into cardiac arrest. She smiles gently, "Sure! It's always nice to meet new Pokemon, I love hearing stories from around the world."

Rufus sat still on the rock and set the ukulele back down, pleased that the Pokemon were getting along. He kept his welcoming smile and sat back up, waving at the Umbreon.
"Alola, I'm Rufus." He said, imitating the same common greeting he used a few minutes prior. Not wanting to scare the smaller Pokemon, the Pangoro shifted his gaze back onto the rather mesmerizing waterfall beside him.

"Alola, Rufus." Zelda greeted back warmly. Her head turned to look between the massive Pokemon in front of her, and the smaller Pokemon beneath her, having to look down in order to see the Emolga. She decided that addressing them both at the same time next was the best course of action, "It's nice to meet you two, I'm Zelda." She gently brushed aside her bangs, a nervous habit. She attempted to make some sort of eye contact with the Emolga staring at her, but eventually her nerves got the better of her and she glances off to the side of the Emolga's head.

Rufus chuckled.
"So, you're Zelda?" He smiled. "The name seems fitting for you, you seem like a Zelda." He looked back at the Umbreon, seemingly amused by her habit of brushing her bangs. Looking past the two Pokemon, he saw that a few other Pokemon had finally arrived to the beautiful falls. Some interacting with one another, while others marvled at the view of the wonderous waterfall that was Rainbow Falls.

"Thank you" Zelda chirped, her eyes glancing to the side, once more brushing her bangs from her eyes. "I like my name, and my trainer really thought the name fit me too." She looked up at the towering Pokemon. "Funny question, but what's your reason for coming here? I was kinda forced here by some friends who thought i was too antisocial, which I'm not because I can talk just fine with others." She ended with a small pout, but she shook it off to instead look up hopefully at the friendly Pangoro, seemingly eager to have normal, idle conversation.

Rufus wanted to answer, though he had to ponder about it. Why did he come here in the first place?
"Honestly... I don't know. I normally come here around this time of year to brighten the mood with my ukulele." He shrugged. "Ever since I started doing that, Pokemon have been getting along with each other even better, and so that's why I'm here I suppose." Picking up his ukulele, he strummed the strings. "After all, I do enjoy seeing Pokemon getting along with one another. I'm pretty sure that's how this little flower blossomed at the end of my stick." Using his other hand, he pointed at a cherry blossom that was on the end of the stick the Pangoro was holding in his jaws.

'Well, I've arrived. Now what?' thought Koda. He looked at the various Pokemon that were already there. 'I should at least attempt to make conversation.' the Pancham thought. Koda spotted an Umbreon and a Pangoro having a conversation. 'That might be a good place to start.' he thought. He started to approach the two. 'What will I say to them though?' Koda wondered.

"Oh! That's a very lovely blossom!" Zelda complimented further, intrigued by the small flower. Maybe the flower was there because, like Rufus had told her, he enjoyed seeing others get along. Perhaps that may also mean he wasn't much of a fighter? Who knows, but she didn't want to prod further just in case. "I wish I could have something as interesting as a flower growing because of something like that! I was just born with longer fur, and my ears were pierced by my trainer." she reached up a paw to fold one of her ears down to stroke it, her paws running over the smooth, turtle shaped decoration in her ear.

Rufus smiled.
"Well, it's not much... Thanks though." He examined the Umbreon closely to have something to compliment her on. Hearing her mention her long fur, he got an idea. "Yes, I find your hair very..." The Pangoro tried thinking of a word to describe Zelda's long locks of fur, eventually settling on; "Beautiful." Realizing what he said, Rufus shrunk back a bit from embarrassment. "Please don't take that the wrong way." He stammered sheepishly, his eyes darting to anywhere but the Umbreon.

Zelda made a small stammering noise, abandoning stroking her ear in favor of messing with her fur, specifically brushing it out of her eyes again. Her ear spring back into the air, each one swiveling to and fro, and beneath her fur she was slightly pink from the compliment. "No no, that's alright... I-uh-um, er, thank you~" she looked back up with her wide grin, showing no harm done. A pleased, and adorably embarrassed, giggle followed soon after.

Oran, just another Raichu, had finally made it. His cousin, Sitrus, forced him to come here to Rainbow Falls.
"Oh, god, just another place to be humiliated."
He than proceeded to make himself scarce in the water.
"I doubt that I find a mate this season. No matter how I try." He then sighed.