• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Ragnarok, city of lies. (Superpower roleplay! 18+)

Knox considered Sky's question for a moment, focusing on the source of his powers as he tried to get a clear read on the spirits soul. The young man's brow furrowed in concentration and the golden pentagram began to glimmer in his eye again, glowing faintly in the dim light of the hallway.

After a further moment he released a breath he hadn't realised that he'd been holding in and crossed his arms, clearly quite worn out after trying so hard. The symbol in his eye faded away, back beneath the calm sea of grey that was his iris. Then in a mildly annoyed tone Knox gave his answer. "It doesn't work very well, its almost like a TV with some bad interference. Your soul is there I just dont think I'm skilled enough to read it."
The last sentence was said very reluctantly, he wasn't the kind of person who liked to admit he had been beaten by anything.

"Yeah, that's what I figured, considering I don't have a proper soul. Whatever I do have is hidden in the centre of my Core, which isn't the easiest thing to magically penetrate." Sky replied, disappearing back into the air for a few seconds, before solidifying again

( @Sky5372 @Lord Of Pain @Nebula-Newt [side note, um, your post on my RP disappeared, was that on purpose?]
Blake seemed relatively unphased by the demon hunting notion. He couldn't really talk himself due to his semi-prevalent vigilanteism. Still, he couldn't help but wonder what a soul seeing neighbor could know about him. Does your soul show heroism? Does it show certain traits that people want to have hidden? Could it see through walls? Blake had many questions in his head, but he'd rather keep to himself. Anything suspicious sounding could throw him off, and maybe make him suspect Blake. However, Blake was more interested in the air spirit. The power seemed so, obscure, but interesting. Blake knew in a fight, he couldn't do a single thing, except try to dissipate the gas. Then again, how would Blake go toe to toe with Knox? He was sure that he was outclassed in almost every category, except maybe intelligence. If it came down to it, Blake would just have to play crafty and hope they screw up once.

Blake took another sip of his tea, which was now empty. He had almost forgotten about the sudden intruder to his home. Blake placed his arms behind his back and touched his two fingers together. It couldn't be seen, but a metal thread began coming out from his fingertips, connected.

"So, I can't say I've met a demon hunter before, let alone two," Blake said, sounding what seemed like his normal self.

Last edited:
"Oh, no. I'm not a demon Hunter. I just don't like them particularly," Sky replied. "This guy is, but I just keep the streets and skies clean of criminals. But only if it becomes a bit problem."

Ivan looked at Knox having trouble believing him, however since its unusual for his powers to falter he decided to believe him.

"Well if this is the case I have nothing to do here" he said as he let go of the handle of his sword, he then asked Knox "you said you have a cat, I love cats, you mind if I play a bit with him or her?" Letting his softer side show.

Ryker entered his apartment, again sore and tired. Instead of sleeping, he brewed some coffee, and just sat on the bed. Sleep sometimes needed to be avoided. Ryker was afraid of more dreams. He gripped the cup tightly and broken bits of memories from the fight flashed through his head. He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping and praying that they would go away. They didn't go away, like with every time he'd ever tried that trick. While others were blessed, with the ability to hide from their demons, he had to face his everyday. Finally he stood up and placed the dirty coffee cup in the drainer. He was exhausted, and had overworked himself. he would have to risk the nightmares. He laid down in the bed, to quickly fall between the folds of reality and nightmares.

"Honestly I dont tend to advertise the whole "Demon hunter" thing. Makes it easier for the infernal assholes to hunt you down for a start. But I'm sure we all, with perhaps the exception being Sky, know the feeling of having to keep our identity on the down low." Knox said casually, leaning back against the wall of the hallway.

He was relived that everybody had swallowed his tall tale about being a mutant but he was sure most of them still weren't 100% convinced. That didn't matter of course, as long they kept their opinions to themselves. The feeling of relief quickly changed to surprise when Ivan asked if he could see his cat. Normally he would have said yes, its not like he often got the chance to have guests over and invite them into his home but today they had something else to do.

"Sorry Ivan, your going to have to meet her some other time. After all we were actually planning on checking out what was going on down in the street before .. well...you happened." Knox explained, beginning to walk towards the lift. They were only a few stories up, nothing compared to the 600 floor apartment buildings that littered Ragnarok but luckily this old building still had a functioning old fashioned lift, it was no elec mag elevator but it got the job done. With a ding the doors opened and the young man stepped inside before turning to the strange collection of beings he had met today. "You guys coming or what?"

"Well, I suppose being invisible does help. I mean, you're the first group of people I've met who've actually seen me in this form, I kind of try to keep out of this human body unless I have to. So yeah, I don't really have problems with keeping a low profile. Actually... I wonder what they think is causing all of those planes to crash." Sky said to Knox, a thoughtful expression on his face

Peter grit his teeth, hands beginning to shake and his brows furrowing. He was getting a little exhausted now. He frowned, feeling his powers beginning to affect the water in the under ground pipes again. "Not again..." He muttered, focusing on the water droplets around him. He combined them all now, into one large ribbon of water, swirling it as fast as he dared, weaving it in knots without letting it touch another stream. He separated them again into droplets, spinning them around him. He sighed flicking his hands and causing the sprinklers to activate. The pressure building up underneath him lessened, and he relaxed a little more, gathering up the sprinkled water so the already wet green field wouldn't flood.

Sky's comment was concerning to say the least.
"Are you implying you've been crashing planes? Not cool dude, not cool at all." Knox frowned, wondering again if this new entity was actually trustworthy. Sky was talking about straight up murder of innocent people here. Best to keep an eye on him for now, he didn't want to get into a fight inside his own apartment building. But after a comment like that Knox didn't need much more of a reason to kick ass first and ask questions later. This raised its own troublesome question. Could you kick airs ass?

"Jeez, calm down. I'm talking about taking the engines out, then letting it glide to the ground. I'm not a murderer, I just don't like those things."

"Seems a little unreasonable, you dont own the sky you know. They have as much right to use it as you do." Knox replied still not entirely satisfied with what Sky had said. Now that he thought about it he had heard that some of the cities planes had been forced to make emergency landings due to an unknown error. Ragnarok's best and brightest had been on the dilemma for years but to no avail.

"I may not own the sky, but I have my territory. If they enter it, I take them out of it. It's like somebody randomly walking through your house." Sky replied

( @Nebula-Newt @Sky5372 @Lord Of Pain )
Blake thought to himself. For some reason, this group of people just seemed natural to him. Before he even realized it, he shot his threads up and slung himself to the door. Once he realized that he has done it again, show off his powers, he merely shrugged it off. This seemed like he knew them for some time. Perhaps it was the fact everyone had something to hide, or that everyone seemed so assertive. Blake didn't exactly follow the crowd willingly, but it doesn't deny that he did regardless.

'I mean, I got nothing better to do, why not?" Blake said. He had his work done for the next week anyways. He had to keep the things he knitted for some time before he sent them off, or people may suspect something when he gets something done in less than a few hours what takes another a few days.

Meanwhile fairly close to everybody...

"What's wrong with it!?" screamed one of the assembled police officers as he fruitlessly fired his gun at the colossal machine before him. The hail of bullets bounced right off the construction bot, masking the screams of citizens fleeing from the scene. The street was a mess, the huge robot was using its powerful drill arm to tear buildings and other machines apart with ease. It was like a localised earthquake had hit, small fires everywhere, spurts of water escaping from burst pipes and rubble everywhere. And in the centre, masked by dust clouds from its own destruction was the metal beast. 23 tonnes of pure power. Built on a base that had tank like treads on it that then extended into a humanoid body that towered over everything. One arm ended in a shovel like hand and the other the afore mentioned drill. Perhaps most terrifying was the "head". A huge sphere with a single light in the centre of it. Usually it would be glowing a friendly green to signify that all the machines systems were fully operational. Now it was a blood red that bathed its surroundings in a gloomy light.

Suddenly things went from worse to worst. As if it were hearing some kind of inaudible song the construction bot twitched its head back and forth before suddenly making a beeline for the nearest skyscraper. With a mechanical groan it inserted its shovel hand into the base of the building and began to rip out its foundations. Glass broke, metal crumpled and wires sparked. The damn thing was actually making headway through raw power.

Back in the apartment building Knox's head suddenly snapped to the right, his eye already glowing. His look of surprise quickly became stony. Looking at the rest of the group he slammed his fist into the elevator buttons so that the doors began to close before saying "4 streets over from us there is something going nuts. Could be a demon, I'm getting traces of one in that direction." In an aggravated tone. He tapped his foot anxiously as he waited for the lift to descend and was out of the door the moment it reopened. "You guys dont have to come with me but if you are get your as in gear!" He barked as he sprinted into the air that was already beginning to get clouded with dust.

Ivan chuckled and said "my job is to hunt down demons, so I have no choice on whether I want to come or not", he cloaked himself in shadows again and followed Knox.
It has been a while since Ivan had fought a demon, he was glad he had help around in case he lost his touch, "with my rotten luck I'm ready to bet that the demon will be too strong to subdue with Tyrfing" he thought to himself while remembering the drawbacks of his sweet demon slaying tool.

"Get out of my head!" Ryker screamed getting up out of his bed, holding his head in his hands. Again, as he'd expected, more nightmares. They seemed to plague not only his sleep, but his daily life too. Then he heard buzzing from the police radio in the corner of his room. Something about a robot causing problems.

And then he heard the intense smashing, and looked out the window to see it just a bit off. "God damn it. Twice in the last hour." He mumbled getting into his outfit. He propelled himself out the window, hit the rooftops and ran along them towards the robot. He soon shifted to his smiling persona. "Okay bud, what the matter, temper tantrum?" He asked as he ran towards the machine.

Peter suddenly collapsed, the water around him crashing down and soaking the grass and dirt under him. He screamed, clutching his head from the sudden influx of bursting water and the sounds and vibrations from the screams and the sky scraper being ripped up from the ground. He grit his teeth, struggling against the ground, not registering the mud that caked onto him. And suddenly, it was like something snapped, as the water shot at him, wrapping him in torrents and ripping at his body. And suddenly it fell off him, leaving him dry. The pain subsided yet he could still hear with crystal clarity, feel the throbs of energy vibrate through him as easily as watching a cup of water ripple on a shaking table. He looked at his white tipped fingers, and his blue covered arms, he wasn't in his normal clothing anymore that's for sure. His white eyes gazed across towards the city, he felt like he was being pulled there. But for what? Well his feet were carrying him closer and closer that's for sure, soon enough he found himself mindlessly sprinting.

Sky had picked up the robot at about the same time as Knox and as soon as the doors opened, he disappeared and shot out. Speeding towards the place he could feel it at, he solidified and instantly started to form a tiny twister in his hand.

Peter seemed to glide over the ground with ease as he neared the sights and sounds of the carnage left behind by... something. He glanced over, gasping at the giant robot tearing up the sky scraper. If that thing fell... He growled, looking at the fires, beginning to get out of control, but the smoke hadn't turned black yet, he had time. Wait, time for what?

He shook his head, what in the hell was he thinking? He couldn't fight, what good would fancy water tricks do? He grumbled, no one has seen him yet at least, he could leave and hope this nightmare would be over quickly. Yet, when he tried to turn, to move his legs to leave, he found himself rooted to the spot. He tensed up, trying to will his body to move, but it seemed his concious mind and physical body were not on the same page.

Then, the robot and the holding seemed to shudder, a mere fraction of an inch of movement, setting off snapping wires and crumbling concrete and ripping up soil, something inside Peter seemed to snap from the shockwave. With yell, he threw himself into the street, running to the spouts of water and gathering them in swirling streams around his form. He ran for the robot, blasting the water at its tracks and freezing it in its gears, making the metal brittle. Before he assaulted any more, he danced back and out of the robots reach, gathering more water from the out of control spouts and removing the problem of slipping and flooding. He gathered the water into many fist sized orbs, and after levitating one in front of his fist, he pulled back his other arm while the other was extending in front as if he was using a bow. Then, he released his pulled back arm, and the orb launched at one of the smaller fires, and another floated to replace it. He kept this up, trying to begin extinguishing the fires out of the robots reach, he was not keen on engaging that thing yet.

The metallic behemoth barely even noticed its attacker, its internal systems too far gone to realise that its treads had been damaged by his assault. Instead those brutal tools on its bus sized arms kept heaving, causing unnatural groans to echo from the poor skyscraper. On the upper floors actual screams could be heard, in a building that big there could be thousands of people trapped.

Meanwhile Knox broke out into the fastest sprint he could manage, pulling a plain black mask from his coat so that he could roughly shove it on. What's the point in a secret identity if you didn't keep it after all? All it would take is one dickhead to take a photo of him and send it to a reporter and that would be it, he would be screwed, demons, the mob or even the police would come for him. Maybe even his cat, you just dont know with these people.

Knox could taste dust in his mouth as he rounded the corner to finally see the construction bot for himself. It was quite the scene, like some kind of action movie was taking place in Ragnarok. Emergency lights and sirens blared everywhere, from cars or other robots that had been unfortunate enough to get in the way of the carnage. A grimace formed on the boys face as he realised there was already some kind of mutant on the street, they seemed to be contorting water to their will. It was beautiful in its own way, like magic, the kind of thing that only could normally be seen in dreams. Thankfully this guy seemed to be on their side, he was simply putting out fires right now. Knox didn't know how much help he would be when it came to stopping this thing but best not underestimate any kind of super being.

"Holy shit.." He exclaimed as he finally managed to take in the scale of the problem. If the robot actually managed to pull that building up it could take out half the block easily, maybe more. And no amount of shooting could save them once that actually happened. Speaking of shooting all the officers were now long gone, scared away by the powerful machines attacks. Honestly Knox couldn't blame them, he had half a mind to run away himself, how on earth was he meant to fight that thing?

Bringing up his shotgun Knox took aim at the machine and fired two rounds into its drill arm. The sound of the blasts could barely be heard over the machines efforts, and the effects of the pellets were even less notable. The pellets barely made a dent, let alone did any lasting damage. They did however get the construction bots attention. The giant red light atop the mechanical beast swerved around until it focused in on the young man. The red light was blinding, so much so that Knox was temporarily stunned, caught in its glare. Trying to cover his eyes Knox almost didn't see the huge hand plummeting towards him until it was too late, he had perhaps a fraction of a second to use his shadow walk to avoid it, becoming a mere patch of darkness on the ground that only just managed to dodge the huge drill. Reappearing in his human form Knox grimaced, shouting out to the others "Yo guys, little help?"

Blake simply nodded at Knox's ask for help, because Blake thought he would be of some use in this situation. These machines had to be controlled by some sort of mechanism, and whatever it was, it could easily be disturbed by something that could tangle the said machine. First, Blake had to make a hole in the machine, so he needed something sharp. Luckily, he had his wire threads, but those alone would not be enough, he would need something a bit more sneaky. So Blake Spooled out his Low Light Threads, which were nearly invisible, and much sharper. Something along the lines of Sharpened Piano Wire, but not as lethal to touch. Blake tied the Low Light Thread to a Lamp Post. Then Blake, using his other fingers, shot his spiked threads into a wall next to Knox and pulled himself over to it, with the Low Light Thread behind. He put on his hood mid-flight, do to him now being in view of camera's that could possibly record him.

Blake stood on the side of the wall due to his spiked threads allowing him to stay suspended against the wall, over-ruling gravity. He then quickly spotted another place behind the robot to sling himself over to. Blake shot his spiked threads once again to connect to another building and slung himself over again, with. Instead of staying in this building, he jumped off as soon as he touched it and returned to his original point in which he stood while spooling the thread. Blake then pulled his Low Light Thread to the point of constriction, to keep the Robots arms in place, and hope that it starting penetrating the Robot's hull in some sort of way. Then Blake could shoot just one Spiked Thread inside to mess up the internals and hopefully render the Robot inactive.

'I would advise not walking towards the robot. It's a bit hard to see, but a thread is there. Tell me if it penetrates the hull, then I might be able to tangle it up.' Blake said. Blake then looked over to the building the robot was 'Removing' and noticed that it was on the brink of falling. Perhaps I can try to keep it up with threads...but would it really work, I would need much more than 5, and it would be useless in the long run if the building collapsed. Just another hazard for possible survivors to run into. Blake thought. He tried his best to keep his face covered with his hood, but not that he particularly cared if it was shown, it was more just for show to keep it hidden. To seem more like a professional hero.

Things were getting pretty tough for the robot. It had a choice to make, drop the building now and give up with all its efforts or deal with the little pest who was wrapping it up? Decision, decisions. After running algorithms for a few seconds it made up its "mind" and released its grip on the building, instead choosing to try catch one of the humans below. Sadly for our dear robot it turned out it was rather tangled up manoeuvring its arms had become a nightmare. That wasn't to say that the machines erratic flailing wasn't a problem. Its arms tore through glass and tell either side of it as if it were tissue paper and those giant tank treads tore up concrete with ease as they sprang into life in an effort to escape the web that had been spun.

Dodging a piece of flying concrete Knox tried his best to respond to Blake's battle plan. "You need a hole? I'm sure we can sort that out, give me a second." He shouted over the roar of the construction bot's activities. Studying the machine Knox immediately realised the problem. These things were built to be nearly unbreakable, thick metal plates that probably couldn't be penetrated with a missile. They would have to rely on something a little more unconventional.

"So I need a favour. No time for introductions." Knox said after calmly shadow walking over to peter and rematerializing beside him.

Peter jumped at the sudden figure next to him. He had just about put out the last of the fires he could reach, although his surprise caused him to miss. By a long shot. He resisted the urge to glare at the man next to him, but the sounds of crashing and the robot, oh right the robot, reminded him of how dire the situation was. He glanced between the robot, then the man, back to the robot, and back again although his pupils eyes didn't exactly show where his eyes had been turning. He pushed the water orbs orbiting him aside, turning his posture and attention to the person beside him.

"What do you need me for?" To fight that thing? I can't do a damn thing he thought, but in a time like this there was no use in ranting about how useless he was.

"Well you see you've got this whole water control thing going for you so I wanted to know if you could pull of the pressurised water through metal thing. You know like they do on TV?" Knox explained in a casual tone but still never taking his eyes of the construction bot. It wouldn't even have to be a big hole provided Blake could be accurate enough. Just one little thread could put an end to the goliath.

"Game on!" Sako Watts shouted as he jumped off the building towards the robot. The boy flew through the air with his fist raised. He swung towards the robot ready to strike.

"Normal guy huh," Ryker said, in his outift, landing beside Peter. "I knew I was right about you," he said grinning. He looked at the kid who charged. "I think that guy is an idiot," he said aloud.

Peter looked at the dragon kid with a narrowed, unamused gaze, "I work an office job, does it look like I go around announcing I'm a mutant?" He turned to Knox, "So we're do you want me to aim?" The water then enlongated to envelope his arm as if it was a swirling tempest, lessening the burden since he could hold it easier with contact. He was amazed at his own control so far.