• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Quotes.

What are your favorites? They can be from fictional characters or real people. Knock yourselves out, 'Charms!

"Got it memorized?" Axel- Kingdom Hearts

"It'll work out!"- Yoh- Shaman King

"Once a friend, always a friend!" Travis Bohanan (Me)

"Stupid people will do stupid things, smart people will outsmart each other." Serj Tankian, lead singer of System Of A Down, in the song DDevil (there really is two D's)

A professional author is an amateur who didn't quit.
~ Richard Bach

A feller up the creek says: A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether to say it or not.
~ Unknown

'Tis better to keep your mouth closed and be suspected a fool, than open it and remove all doubt.
~ Mark Twain

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
~ Elbert Hubbard

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
~ Roger Miller

"Even when the world is collapsing around you, the world is always in some way in order. you just have to brave the dark to see the light."

~Anthony Washek

Zoroark said:
"Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck." -Joss Whedon (no clue who he is)

Joss Whedon is the creator of Buffy the Vampire, Firefly, Dollhouse and the Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog short series. And he's awesome, so I approve of your quote.

"Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." - Edgar Allan Poe

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V." - V's Opening Monologue, V for Vendetta

"Well, that's too bad, but we aren't cops and we aren't from some charity organization. Sorry lady, but we don't protect or serve. Guess you'll just have to chalk it up to bad luck." - Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop the Movie

"To be or not to be, that is the question" ~ Shakesphere

"No need to worry!" ~ Dawn (Pokemon D/P SLV) (When there's no need to worry about something in PKMN)

"I hate elavators, and Doctors, and Lawyers, and Cops-" ~ Francis (Left 4 Dead) (No Mercy elevator small chat)

More Quotes! ;D

"I got chocolate bubblegum!", "I don't know" and "Yes, wait a minute, no." ~ all from GIR (Invader Zim)
"Victory! Victory for ZIM!" ~ Zim (Invader Zim)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoroark said:
"Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck." -Joss Whedon (no clue who he is)

Everyone's a hero in their own way, you and you and you and mostly me and you - Captain Hammer

Really I wanted to beat you unconcious then drag you to hell with me when you didn't know who Joss Whedon is. Have you not heard of Buffy? D:<

"The point is...The point is...The point is...The point I'm trying to make is the dolphins. That's my point."
"Kind of fish."
"Nonono. 'S mammal. Your actual mammal. Difference is--difference is, they..."
"Mate out of water?"
"Don't think so. Pretty sure that's not it. Something about their young. Whatever. The point is...The point is...Their brains."
"What about their brains?
"Big brains. That's my point. Size of. Size of. Size of big damn brains. And then there's the whales. Brain city, take it from me. Whole damn sea full of brains."

~Good Omens, a conversation between Crowley and Aziraphale (about the pros and cons of the Apocalypse) while the two are very, very drunk. Put just the dialogue in here, sorry.

Insanity is a tool, use it well.- Robert Clark.
Normal is in the eyes of the beholder.- Whoopi Goldberg
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
There's nothing wrong with being insane. - Andrew M. (Me.)

Forgot these:

"You are dead, not big surprise." ~ Heavy (Team Fortress 2) (After using fist taunt sometimes)

"WUBBA WUBBA WUBBA" ~ Ellis (Left 4 dead 2) (Sometimes when he takes an adrenaline shot effect)

"I wish I had 2,000 feet, so I could stick 500 of them in each of your asses!" Red (That 70's show) (When he finds out about the circle as seen Here in my ass)

"Won't somebody think of the children?!"- Helen lovejoy :>

"The book of life begins with a man and a woman in a garden, and ends with revelations."-Oscar Wilde

Chadwyck said:
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V." - V's Opening Monologue, V for Vendetta

I ♥ that movie

"Hey, boy! Where you going with that little toy?" - Bend It Like Bender, Devin Townsend Project

"Sometimes a dream turns into a dream." - Cadence Of Her Last Breath, Nightwish

"How blind can you be, don't you see that the gambler lost all he does not have." - Bye Bye Beautiful, Nightwish

"There's snow in Arizona while they're bombing in Beirut." - Turn Your Back, Billy Talent

"What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!" - Finn the Human (Adventure Time)

Gotta get pants~ Go get your pants~ Button~ Fly~ - Donny the Grass Orge (Adventure Time)

"One plus one, equals one on a bun" - Ed (Ed, Edd, and Eddy)

"It'll work out!" - Yoh Asakura (Shaman King)

"No worries! Things'll work out for ya, in th' long run!" - James "Jei" Daimeon Heirumaru (Me xP)

(Jake is the dog. :I)

"It tastes like... BURNING!" - Ralph Wiggum (Simpsons)

"I'll eat your fish- I mean, feed your fish while you're gone!"- Guy (From an old comic i made xP)

"Accept everything about yourself — I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end — no apologies, no regrets."

It's a quote from Clark Moustakas. This quote is very close to me, for many reasons. ♥

Re: Journey through the Dark Cave

"Oodelally! A crown! How exciting!"

"This crown gives me a feeling of power. Power! Forgive me a cruel chuckle. *Muhuhahahaa* Power..."

"I've got a dirty thumb..."

"Mother always did like Richard best."

"Squeeze every last drop out of these... Musical peasants."

"I know my name!"

I felt like posting a PJ special. After all, he is awesome ^^

"kiss my shiny metal ass" -Bender Bending Rodríguez -Futurama

"Doh!" -Homer Simpson -Simpsons

"I started being really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't." -Kurt Cobain

"Thought the sun is gone, I have a light." -Kurt Cobain

yeah >.> im blank right now D:

"He seems to be having a bit of... Um, issues," -Jamie Craig, our Applied Sciences teacher on a picture of the heaviest man in the world.

"Actually the free market isn't free. Even though it wants to be," Simon Wallen, our Economics teacher on the free market.

I have funny teachers ^^

"Its not arson if you don't mean it." - Me

"Its not stealing, its borrowing without asking and not returning!" - Rio(Character from my story)

"Money makes the world go 'round, right? Well, the world will stop when I arrive on scene!" - Kit(Character from my story)

"Redeemtion for the crime of my exsistince? There is none!" - Regalas(Character from my story)

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anais Nin

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of Schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow (so true :'D)

"First find out what your hero wants. Then just follow him." ~Ray Bradbury

"It begins with a character, usually, and once he stands up on his feet and begins to move, all I can do is trot along behind him with a paper and pencil trying to keep up long enough to put down what he says and does." ~William Faulkner

"I never started from ideas but always from character." ~Ivan Turgenev

Just some of my favorite quotes about writing. They are very win in my opinion ^_^

" If You're Not Alive , Then You're Dead "
- Donnie (friend back in elementary school)

" Do You Go To Church ? "
- Zak The Weird One

Last edited by a moderator:
"Clear as mud?" - Mrs. Tyner, my chorus teacher, on... Everything.
"Your personality is too cheery. it makes me sick." - Zaron, an OC of mine, on his rival's personality.
"But... It was the Maddie Ghost!" - My girlfriend Maddie, on claiming her innocence.
"NO ONE TOUCHES THE GIRL!" - Jason, another OC, on saving his girlfriend.

I know, and create, strange people.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"From the first moment we come into this world, we feel. Pain, and joy, and fear, and rage. We learn to hide the feelings that frighten us: first from others, then from ourselves. Many of us live our lives distant from our deepest feelings and never stop to wonder, what would happen if we allowed ourselves to feel them fully? To express and share them with the world?" ~ Erica Strange (Being Erica)

"Oh well, McGyver will save me. He'll take a broken Nokia, a chewing gum, a half-eaten banana and three pine cones and build a nuke out of them. Then he'll blast you and your perches to hell >:D" - ... That would've been me ^^; (freely translated from swedish)

I have four favorite quotes:

Nathaniel Branden "Sometimes the subconscious mind manifests a wisdom several steps or even years ahead of the conscious mind, and has its own way of leading us toward our destiny."

Lao Tzu "The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness."

Og Mandino "Do not listen to those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious."

John Hammond from Jurassic Park - "I don't believe it! Hah! I don't believe it! You're supposed to come here and defend me against these characters and the only one I've got on my side is the bloodsucking lawyer!"

Re: Quotes

"Some people come here to sit and think.
Some people come here to shit and stink.
Some people come here to play with their balls.
Some people come here to write on the walls." - scribbled on the wall of the men's bathroom at our school.

Clever little thing, that there.

"My brother had a book he would hold pride/a little red cover with a broken spine/in the back, he would handle a quote inside/'when the rich wage war it's the poor who die'." - Hands Held High, Linkin Park

This song is beautiful. And it has a lot of good lines. I think I might post a few more later.

Weeds said:
"Some people come here to sit and think.
Some people come here to shit and stink.
Some people come here to play with their balls.
Some people come here to write on the walls." - scribbled on the wall of the men's bathroom at our school.

Clever little thing, that there.

"My brother had a book he would hold pride/a little red cover with a broken spine/in the back, he would handle a quote inside/'when the rich wage war it's the poor who die'." - Hands Held High, Linkin Park

This song is beautiful. And it has a lot of good lines. I think I might post a few more later.
Well, if we're going by stall writings I got this one:
"Here I sit
broken hearted
needed to shit
but only farted"

"Question, What kind of bear is best?"
"That's a ridiculous question."
"False, Black bear."
"Well that's debatable. Basically there are two trains of thought."
"Fact, Bears eat beets. Bears... Beets... Battlestar Gallactica."

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all... Nothing at all... Nothing at all..."
"Stupid, sexy Flanders!!!"

"In my experience, boxes are usually empty, sometimes with a little cheese on the top and one time pepperoni! What a day it was!"

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
2dqr520.png

"Even if I can’t see you. Even if we are separated far apart from each other. I’ll always be watching after you. I’ll definitely watch over you forever…” ~ Makarov (Fairy Tail)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
2dqr520.png

"Even if I can’t see you. Even if we are separated far apart from each other. I’ll always be watching after you. I’ll definitely watch over you forever…” ~ Makarov (Fairy Tail)
[me=Sir Red]high-fives Katie for liking Fairy Tail :3[/me]

And to save this post from being spam, Thoreau quote go~!!!

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Henry David Thoreau