• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

quirkiest pokemon

which of these pokemon are the weirdest and quirkiest

• Wobbufett

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Bronzong

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Spiritomb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shuckle

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Ludicolo

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Why do you think so? What do you consider quirky about these particular species? Have you considered other species may be quirkier to other people? And furthermore where did your basic grasp of grammar and punctuation go?

(Sighs softly) This is a forum. NOT a chatroom. But I'm going to let this thread live for now, because it might have some discussion value somehow.

I don't find any of these particular species moreso weird or 'quirky' than any other species - though I am curious about the internal biology of Wobbuffet and Bronzong - Bronzong in particular as it seems to not actually -have- any.

While I don't like the species in general (Due to it being an over-powered pain in the ass with looks only a mother could love) I do find it fascinating in the Artifact-Creature sense... But even then, I wouldn't call it 'Quirky'.

... But then, I'd call an individual 'quirky', not a whole damn species.

Any Pokemon can be just as quirky as any other.

They just won't get any increases or decreases to their stats.

2vtryoo.png

i just find these five pokemon weird i did not make a regard to there stats but i kinda want to know the origins of bronzong. he is a bell with wierd body patterns.

and with spiritomb, i mean he is a spirally spirit attached to a rock. why was he band and how did they come up with him. seems really farfetched (all of pokemon isbut especially spiritomb and bronzong)

Spiritomb is specifically 108 malevolent spirits sealed in a rock. It apparently did some bad deeds 500 years ago. The reason why it's 108 specifically is that 108 is a pretty big number in Buddhism: the number of temptations in a person's path to Nirvana. Note that Spiritomb's Pokedex number is 108, it weighs 108 kg, and that its base Defense and Special Defense are both 108. Sounds to me like they took a concept and ran with it.

And Bronzong is based on a ritualistic bell used to pray for good harvests, hence why its Pokedex entries make a big deal about it summoning rain.

Also, the stat remark about a Pokemon being quirky is referring to the Quirky nature a Pokemon can get. When I first read the title of this thread, I first thought of the nature myself. When a Pokemon has a Quirky nature, no stats are increased or decreased like other natures might.

I personally don't find any Pokemon to be quirky. I just find them unique. It also depends on the person's perspective of quirky. I could think something is quirky, but you might not. It's just a matter of a opinion.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Bow down to my warning for all-caps abuse.

Read the rules PokemonCoffee.

Spiritomb is specifically 108 malevolent spirits sealed in a rock. It apparently did some bad deeds 500 years ago. The reason why it's 108 specifically is that 108 is a pretty big number in Buddhism: the number of temptations in a person's path to Nirvana. Note that Spiritomb's Pokedex number is 108, it weighs 108 kg, and that its base Defense and Special Defense are both 108. Sounds to me like they took a concept and ran with it.
O_O
I didn't know that >.>

That's just, odd.

Anyway, I'm with TBA on this. =/

Shuckle is really weird/quirky. It looks like a play-doh worm in a rock. Rocks are'nt as hard as steel or some other Pokémon hides and yet it has the highest stat in both defenses. (whereas other rocks usually only have good Defense and have poor Special Defense) Really weird imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it's a pretty tough call between ludicolo and wobbufett, but I have to go with wobby.

With wobby, i'd have to question his moveset and his...ability the most. He's got humongous HP with both of the "counter" abilities paired with encore, but not even a dozen moves in his movepool.
And even moreso, in the anime... His ability to change weight instantly. Idk, that just strikes me as plain...unusual...