• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Question about WiFi trading

Hi guys, I'm new to these forum and also new to WiFi trading. There are some things I don't know.

Like, how does it work with friendcodes? If I add someone's FC, are they able to see me to if they're online at the same moment?
Also, if I "post" a trade on the GTS services, do I have to be online in order to activate the trade? Or do they trade automatically, so that the pokemon I want could be there in the morning?

Ok, thanks for your time, hope this is in the good forum and I hope it's not against the rules..

Greets,

Friend Codes work just as you described them. And, as has been pointed out already, you don't have to be logged on for someone to trade the Pokemon you put up on the GTS, but you do have to log on to get it.

yea what they say lol, oh yea also how do u get on gts, i know who but like i dont really get it, instroctions would be nice

You have to be connected with WiFi (via your title screen, you'll see option like "Continue game", "New game" and "WiFi settings") You have to have an acces point in order to get onto the internet (wireless i-net) Then go to Jubilife City, go the the GTS house and talk to the women there. You'll go into a room where you can search for pokemon and stuff