• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Quest To The Raka Region (Discussion)

Welcome to the Raka Region! You are on a cruise ship, sailing to explore the Raka Region, an island region that has no known inhabitants. The professors have given each trainer six eggs, which will be their teams for the Region. Each trainer will hatch their eggs, and will use those six Pokémon. They are allowed to ask the professor to bring ONE partner with them, or call them while exploring and have the partner sent to them.

Rules:

-You may only use hatched Pokémon with the exception of ONE partner Pokémon.
-The hatched Pokémon may be chosen or randomized, but no megas or legendaries (only megas if you have permission from Stellar, no legendaries whatsoever).
-Shipping/romance is allowed, no more than kissing though.
-NO shinies, as the only Pokémon being used are hatched and have low chances of being shiny. The only exception is if you randomize your hatches and manage to randomize a shiny.
-Say WAFFLE somewhere in your bio so that I know for sure you read the rules.
-Normal Pokécharms Rules.

The thread will be created as soon as five people join.

Character Form:

Name
Appearance
Personality
Past Adventures (basically other RPs they were a part of)
Goals
Other

My Character Sheet

Name: Kaleb Storm
Appearance: 6”8, dark brown hair, red contact lense in his left eye, a large scar stretching across his right eye (see The War *warning-blood involved* for full details on how the scar got there), wears a red shirt and blue pants, black shoes.
Personality: Pretty friendly, but not as much as he was before the war. He is more wary now, and stays away from danger a lot more than he did before. Has small amounts of PTSD.
Past Adventures: (in order) Exploration of the Froena Region, Whatever You Choose, Silvalya Region, The Uraniumian Archipelago, The Trainer’s Championship, The War *Warning-Blood involved*
Goals: To surpass all other trainers
Other: Has two brothers that my be introduced to the story later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Sorrel Bly
Appearance: Around 5'7" in height, Sorrel's body tends to be stiff, but is completely average otherwise. Her hazel eyes are hidden behind a pair of sunglasses most of the time, and she has discarded her typical professional attire for a more relaxed tropical-themed outfit that she looks incredibly out of place in. She's wearing a strawberry colored bikini with a leafy-green and black skirt cover up, as well as tennis shoes and a black backpack (the sleeves have pockets where her pokeballs can be stored). Her medium-length mud brown hair is tied up in a ponytail.
Personality: Sorrel has an incredibly serious attitude, and says every word with an earnest underlying passion. She doesn't joke often, but even when she does, her delivery makes it hard for others to understand that she is just kidding. She is in-between idealistic and realism, and therefore likes to know the true nature of things. This, combined with her attitude, makes her a very analytical person, and can sometimes lead her to overthink simple situations. Despite this though, she is confident in her abilities, and is quick to bounce back from self-doubt. She is a ground-type expert and has a natural preference towards them.
Past Adventures: (Sorrel was my first Pokemon OC, but I haven't actually used her in any type of RPs or anything on this website- therefore I'm just going to put some info on her background here:)) Originally from Johto, Sorrel has dedicated her life to journalism, often working undercover or behind the scenes to bring several stories to public light. Some of her most famous work includes her investigation of previously unseen underground champers in the Burned Tower, and her infiltration as an employee at the Safari Zone, in which her article highlighted the lackluster regulation of traveling trainer's treatment of Safari Zone Pokemon (they throw stones at them!). She learned of Raka Region's existence and planned exploration through an anonymous source, and after talking with - actually intimidating - Professor Elm, she was let on board the investigation team.
Goals: To uncover and record the various secrets the Raka Region has to hold.
Other: She loves waffles

Last edited:
Name Halt Willow
Age 28
Gender male
Appearance Tall with silver hair. The hair is spiked with bright blue tips. He wears a black vest and blue jeans.
Personality Halt is kind with a competitive side. He has a habit of correcting problems to friends and foes.
Past Adventures (basically other RPs they were a part of) Forena, Whatever you chose, Syilvalry region, Uranium Archipelago
Goals: Become stronger than before.
Other: Lucario likes waffles.

Basicing all the pokemon I randomized, I get a (Shiny)Relecanth, Zorua, Pansage, Cubone, Absol, and Skiddo. I plan to change the Pansage and Skiddo.

I don't know if this matters right now, but I used the same website as a basis, and then switched out some Pokemon for type and regional diversity. Sorrel's Pokemon are: Mild Larvitar, Hardy Psyduck, Timid Spoink, Brave Chimchar, Jolly Petilil, and Modest Helioptile.

Also, when using that website, unchecking the "Forms" box prevents shinies from occurring.

I'm all for it.
==========================
Name: Quilla Mirage

Hometown: Solaceon Town/ Waffle Haven(Sinnoh).

Appearance: Quilla is a lithe-bodied, perky young woman of average stature, standing at 5"2. She carries the same dark, inky hair as her older brother Qin, and it extends all the way down to her waist. For the most part, she shares all the same characteristics as her brother, save for a few differences such as her eyes, which are a lighter shade of grey, more akin to timberwolf than Qinlan's Claire de Lune. Her sense of style also differs from her brother's, years of taking dance and gymnastics has left her disposed towards having a rather ritzy appearance. She keeps her waist-length hair, tied into a twisted sock bun held up by a pair of Chinese-styled hair sticks.

She wears a plain white blouse, covered by a timberwolf shade duffle coat, lined with similarly shaded fur. Topping it off with a set of black, asymmetric frill hemmed pants

Personality: Quilla, affectionately called Qi-Qi by her older brother and close friends, leans a bit further towards the 'outgoing' side of the spectrum than her brother. Being spontaneous, cheery, teasing, and quick to show affection she makes friends rather quickly, however, she does, at times, display almost uncharacteristic bouts of tranquillity and rationality.

She's got a knack for battling, honed by a childhood rivalry with Qin, but even more than battling she's a splendid supporter, being able to follow up on her partners moves easily. She, however, needs to follow her partner's 'rhythm' to do so.
====================
Team: (Randomized)
Cyndaquil (Cynthia)
Minum (Bell-Blue)
Vulpix| Normal (Spice)
Horsea (Haqua)
Swablu (Altaire)
Minccino (Duvete)

Past Adventures: Froena Region

Last edited:
(I was tagged again I see XD well this will be difficult since JC's main partner is a Shiny Umbreon so I'll have to think this through unless I can randomize a shiny Eevee in the eggs or I may just randomize to get it. Actually I am going to use a new oc which I will post now also I'm not sure if I need to randomize the Pokemon that will come out of the eggs or can I just basic it)

Name: Lara
Appearance: She is a light skin young lady with blue-silver eyes and 5'6 in height. She has silver hair with light blue streaks in her hair with a bang covering her right eye. She has a well fit build but looks young for her age. She wears glasses along with an ear piece she can speak into to understand the Pokemon she rescues. She wears a white blouse with pants and flats to her feet with a long like lab coat with her company logo just in the front(its an eevee head with a star behind it).
Personality: Gentle(mostly to people she knows and the Pokemon especially), Brave, Headstrong, Calm in very intense situations, Will put others and the Pokemon first before herself
Past Adventures: N/A using a new one
Goals: To save every Pokemon that have had been treated badly and misused in every single region
Other: Her hometown is Snowbelle city in Kalos, tends to push herself to the passing limit to get what she needs to save. Also Glameow LOVES waffles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team: (Randomized)
~Vulpix(F)(Chille)(Alolan)
~Deerling(F)(Belle)(Winter Form)(she will already have her in hand)
~Glameow(F)(Katara)(holds Everstone when hatched)
~Castform(F)(Icyln)
~Eevee(F)(Lucia)
~Popplio(F)(Delta)

Last edited:
I will try to keep on top of this one!

Name
Rosalina
Appearance
Rosalina is a pale 4"5 with long white hair and icy blue eyes covered by a rectangular wire frame of glasses, she has a small build and slim structure. Her white long-sleeved shirt comes down at the waist while exposing her shoulders, with a pair of slate-colored jean shorts and grey sneakers.
Personality
Rosalina is very shy, hardly speaks and tries her best to look brave. Her small body makes her feel like she's weak but when it comes to battles her strategy always comes in handy. AND DON'T CALL HER SMALL she will close up and look at the ground feeling like everyone thinks she's weak.
Past Adventures (basically other RPs they were a part of)
None this is her first
Goals
She wants to open up to people and make friends! Also to show people she's strong.
Other
Waffle?
I wanna make her team of Pokemon no one really uses

Her team (So far)
Masquerain|Rain
Pidove|Tal

Remember that our teams are hatched from eggs we received from the professors, so Masquerain will start as Surskit. Also, the eggs are hatched only once we reach the island.

Yup! sorry I totally forgot that Masquerain as a second evolution... and yea surskit will be the first to hatch and the one Pokemon from the professor will be the Ralts.

here is the team I think she might have
Scatterbug
eevee
surskit
noibat
ralts
dratini

(Sorry for double posting)
Question, on the ship are they allowed the partners they got from the professer? I'm just asking cause I wanna make sure. also if they do they have 6 eggs and a partner and the partner gets switched out or five eggs and a partner?

Just have Ralts hatch from an egg. What I meant by partners is a partner Pokémon from other RPs. One example: Kaleb’s is Bolt the Jolteon from Silvalya.

Name: Isaac
Gender Male
Appearance: Tall with tan skin and dark eyes like melted chocolate. Wears a light green shirt with dark jeans. Thin but not scrawny.
Personality: Introverted and quiet but can really battle.
Past Adventures: Attended a Trainer Academy, attended a Championship, destroyed someones life, fought off masked men.
Goals: To be an amazing trainer.
Other: Gay Waffle
Partner: Noivern

Last edited: