• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PTP Draws

I am no artist, but I do draw pokemon when I am bored and figured I could share them here not only for you guys but also to get some suggestions and critiques.

I really hope you enjoy and tell me anything you feel will help me improve. I also will be glad to hear ideas for new doodles.

To start off, here are two pictures of an evolution of relicanth I had been thinking of a while back. I like relicanth's ancient look, and here are two takes on me trying (and failing) at replicating that.

I thank you here on the forums for inspiring me to put my art out there, for, up till now, I was too shy.

miracanth.png

miracanth2.png

Not bad. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see images like this on the walls of ancient civilizations. It just has that look.

Thanks guys.

To make them I use a tablet I received as a gift from a friend and the Photoshop program issued by my high school.

I love the fact you guys picked up on the ancient feel of it, it's what I wanted. Expect more soon. ;D

This was my first time drawing duskull, and I drew him using confuse ray and will-o-wisp, two attacks that were fun to due because thye warranted lots of crazy choices and experiements, allowing me to familiarize with the program.

confuse_ray.png

Thanks for alerting me it was down, I must have unchecked the box there.

I'm glad you like them, but I really am not an artist in the sense of the word. All my works until this thread were in the margins of my notebooks. Either way, you all have inspired me and I thank you.

EDIT: Here is my first original pokemon (that is, it doesnt evolve from anything)

helmander.png

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Okay. Um, PTP? We're not your own personal image hosting service.

Lay off the attachments. NOW.

Any further images are to be posted by uploading the image to an image hosting service such as Photobucket or Imageshack and using the img tag. Failure to do so will result in closing this thread and warning.

My bad, I thought that was what the purpose of the uploader was . On another forum I regular there is an option to upload to the site and then insert it directly in. Let me edit the above posts at this point.

EDIT: Okay, everything should be in order now, sorry for the trouble.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for your cooperation.

On a side note, drawing conclusions about how one forum works from another forum with a completely different system for doing things is not the brightest idea as a whole. ^^;

The uploader is only there because it's part of the forum coding really. Usage of it is very much frowned upon as a whole.

On a side note: Another warning to Bloodless, because seriously, conversational posts are SPAM. Read the rules or be Armbladed.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm glad you like them, but I really am not an artist in the sense of the word. All my works until this thread were in the margins of my notebooks.

Doodles are artworks too, in fact sometimes I find that doodles can be more arty than something you've tried harder on. My school books used to bare the brunt of my doodling, much to the annoyance of my teachers XD

I rather like your style, espceially on the first two drawings. The colouring and lineart go well together and look effective. I also really like the Duskull one, although the background hurts my eyes XD

Gotta get me a drawing tablet.

I love the detail in the Relicanths, and that pokemon you designed is pretty good.
A couple of design modifications and it may be actual-pokemon worthy.

You seem to have a simple style, PTP, and it works for ancient Pokemon such as Relicanth. The swirls on it are reminiscent of old drawings. Your own Fakemon reminds me a bit of Reptar as well. :p

Haha, yea I got that impression as well. I think it's from the fact that he is hunched over. From you feedback, I've drawn a couple conclusions. I'm going to add some more detail to the fakemon today and edit this post with the finished product.

Thank you all for the support.

I really like how ancient these drawings look. Really reflect Relicanth's image. The Duskull messed with my eyes. ;D