• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Psychic Team Help?

My Psychic team for Pokemon Black and Pokemon Online, as follows:

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 88 Def / 88 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Payback
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Starmie @ Focus Sash
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Beheeyem @ Focus Sash
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Bulldoze
- Earthquake

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Trick Room
- Confuse Ray

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Wish
- Protect

Could I have some advice with this~

I'm not too good with EVs and natures, but I can certainly help elsewhere.

Bronzong: I don't use him too often, so I'll leave this to someone more knowledgeable. Although, I think either Careful or Impish would work here as well, if not possibly better.

Starmie: Timid and Life Orb are amazing on this thing. Focus Sash can work, but most things have priority or Pursuit, so a Sash only delays the inevitable there. If you need more power in your Water-STAB, Surf is a good option as well.

Beheeyem: Never used before. Someone can tackle him as well.

Metagross: Why doesn't he have any STAB? And two Ground moves? Ditch Bulldoze for Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt, and T-punch/Ice Punch for the other. Explosion is a nice option as well, dealing massive damage and maybe even getting a surprise KO. Metagross is much faster than people think, so it could turn the tide of battle.

As for item, Air Balloon is nice. Choice Band/Scarf are good option as well, greatly increasing Meta's Attack or Speed whilst restricting him to one move until you switch.

Reuniclus: Take Trick Room out. Half of your team has high base speed, and they'll be completely destroyed by Trick Room. T-Wave makes the opponent faster in Trick Room, which is not good. With an ability like Magic Guard, that's begging for a Life Orb, which has its recoil negated by Magic Guard(or you can equip a Flame/Toxic Orb should you want to avoid status).

Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are good, powerful options that allow for some coverage, as well as Hidden Power.

Espeon: Magic Bounce. All the way. This handy ability reflects status moves, as well as other things(like Leech Seed!), keeping Espeon safe. I'm not sure on the other stuff, as Espeon isn't something I use a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Been a while since I last did this. Might as well get back into the habit...

- Please for the love of Arceus tell me that Bronzong isn't your lead. Bronzong has been a crap lead for ages now. The nature is also trash - Bronzong should always have a defensive nature since he has no business trying to boost his offensive stats.

- Psyshock over Psychic on Starmie all the way, or Blissey will be your worst nightmare. HP Fire is an option as well with Ferrothorn about. Life Orb for the item indeed, and consider Rapid Spin if you haven't already. Timid nature as well please.

- Beheeyem...really isn't doing a whole lot here. I'd honestly consider dropping him for someone else.

- Your Metagross set is awful. He wants Bullet Punch for one and Explosion is garbage now that it has suffered a fat nerf, so there's no use for that anymore. Meteor Mash/Quake/Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt works fine, he could potentially use Stealth Rock for you in place of Bronzong (and he is a much better lead than Bronzong will ever be.)

- Reuniclus...is odd. He won't really need Trick Room in this scenario since the rest of your team has offensive threats taken care of already. You are pretty weak against stall tactics though here, so Calm Mind/Recover + any two attacks works fine for Reuniclus to stop the stallers. Leftovers or Life Orb for the item.

- Espeon wants Timid as well. Wish + Protect is no good on something as frail as Espeon, and Psyshock again will help against the likes of Blissey (who already suffers issues with Magic Bounce.) HP Fighting is amazing if you can get it, but otherwise stuff like Shadow Ball, Grass Knot and Signal Beam along with Psyshock works fine I suppose. He's really begging for a Choice Scarf with a set like that too.

Beheeyem really needs to make space for another attacker really. Mono-Psychic is very, VERY weak to Tyranitar, so someone like Gallade or Medicham in your team can crush the dinosaur should he ever appear (and he should do unless PO is just THAT bad.) Not a bad team overall, but remember that all quick sweepers MUST have speed-boosting natures nowadays, and be mindful of your Pokemon's movesets and stats, and matching the right natures and items to them as well.