• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pruie Discussion Thread

I know, but Azuru, you and Mockingchu don't really care and Cosmic wants me to return during the tournament. I guess I'll do that.

I know, that's why I wanted to join like tomorrow or today. I honestly don't care what Cosmic thinks, and I will listen to him if anyone else agrees with him. I just needed you guys' opinions and I may be back later today if that's fine.

Ok, after my hiatus I'm back. First of all, I did care that you were rushing, in a way. It definitely annoyed me, but I understood why you were rushing, so I dropped the matter. Second, I'll try to make a post here soon, Sorry for not saying anything. It just sort of happened. Third, like with a shit ton of other decisions, I'm going to abstain. I don't care if Hysan comes back or not. Fourth, Hysan totally had Stuish/Sueish qualities.

I think Calliope would have to be a half sibling, because that would mean Hysan's parents were evil, and it's been established that his parents are together and well, and maybe his dad had a secret affair with Darcia, and didn't know about Calliope.

I don't think you should do it, because you'd have to do a lot of pushing to make it work, and it's kinda cliche.

Actually, I'll take back what I said about Calliope.
Speaking of which, when are people gonna post to the RP thread?
I do agree that Hysan had Sueish/Stuish qualities.
One of the main reasons I had Soren join Team Shadow was because one: I was bored. And two: that sounded like a suspenseful character arc.
Then I realized it was kinda stupid and tried to start over.

I feel needy, but I am like, the most annoying person you'll meet in real life.

Fastt, if you wanna know what stuish qualities Hysan has, here they are!
-OP. I've never seen him lose, or been in a tough situation, or even come close to losing. He seems to win every fight he's in. Remember, he's only 13. Remember what you were like at 13. I cried when I dropped my cupcake and I wore too much eyeliner, so that's what I look back on when trying to write my characters. For example, Raina lost the fight with Luke, and came close to losing several other times before pulling through. And she has a Cherubi obsession to prove she has a soft side, and isnt just a blunt dick.
-No character development.
To make a character better, sprinkle in a little development to make them seem less one-dimensional. Im in the middle of Raina's arc (I'm really excited to write it btw), and Luke had his Lucario and Angel had her eyes. All Hysan does is win, and doesn't do a lot.
He has no personality, his personality is defined by things like heroic deeds. Not everyone likes being the damsel in distress, Raina sure as hell doesnt, which is why I had her get angry.
You also don't seem to write him traveling, which is part of the fun. Put him through mud and other terrain, quicksand or something more than flying on his Braviary.
-Skills.
His skills are thrown in. Apparently he's a good trainer, but how? He started at the same time Raina did, yet you don't give him reason. Was he a strong battler before? If so, it's never specisfied. Raina's an underdog and sucks, because she started like a week ago. Who beats gym leader's in a week? The strongest trainers in the world are defeated easily?
-You don't seem to know where this character is going.
This isn't really a stuish quality, but you seem to be making stuff up as you go. This is more of personal taste, and a lot of writers and RPers do. I like to plan out my character- develop her, give her fears (she has a fear of heights and gets motion sick on long rides), dislikes to give her disagreements with other trainers, have her appearance reflect on her personality (green is the color of uncertainty), and other crap like that.
So yeah. That's what I could come up with.
You don't have to fix these if you don't have to. This took forever, and yell I'll make a post.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I feel needy, but I am like, the most annoying person you'll meet in real life.

Fastt, if you wanna know what stuish qualities Hysan has, here they are!
-OP. I've never seen him lose, or been in a tough situation, or even come close to losing. He seems to win every fight he's in. Remember, he's only 13. Remember what you were like at 13. I cried when I dropped my cupcake and I wore too much eyeliner, so that's what I look back on when trying to write my characters. For example, Raina lost the fight with Luke, and came close to losing several other times before pulling through. And she has a Cherubi obsession to prove she has a soft side, and isnt just a blunt dick.
-No character development.
To make a character better, sprinkle in a little development to make them seem less one-dimensional. Im in the middle of Raina's arc (I'm really excited to write it btw), and Luke had his Lucario and Angel had her eyes. All Hysan does is win, and doesn't do a lot.
He has no personality, his personality is defined by things like heroic deeds. Not everyone likes being the damsel in distress, Raina sure as hell doesnt, which is why I had her get angry.
You also don't seem to write him traveling, which is part of the fun. Put him through mud and other terrain, quicksand or something more than flying on his Braviary.
-Skills.
His skills are thrown in. Apparently he's a good trainer, but how? He started at the same time Raina did, yet you don't give him reason. Was he a strong battler before? If so, it's never specisfied. Raina's an underdog and sucks, because she started like a week ago. Who beats gym leader's in a week? The strongest trainers in the world are defeated easily?
-You don't seem to know where this character is going.
This isn't really a stuish quality, but you seem to be making stuff up as you go. This is more of personal taste, and a lot of writers and RPers do. I like to plan out my character- develop her, give her fears (she has a fear of heights and gets motion sick on long rides), dislikes to give her disagreements with other trainers, have her appearance reflect on her personality (green is the color of uncertainty), and other crap like that.
So yeah. That's what I could come up with.
You don't have to fix these if you don't have to. This took forever, and yell I'll make a post.
I agree 110% with this

Ugh. No one really cares if I come back anyway, so since I'm not good at character development, I guess I'll just not come back. Make it so that like I left for home or something. When I get better at RPing I'll join another RP or make one.

Sorry I wanted to reply but (here are some unexcusable excuses) my stupid computer broke down (its a Dell inspiron and those laptops have a design flaw where the screen "ghosts". I temporarily fixed it with a damp paper towel-super ghetto, I know) and school started. My school decided to have me (a little freshman that looks 12 still) be guided by a senior. Mine was pregnant. Then homework.

I wished it could go on.
This is the details of my characters arc:
Basically Raina sees her dad in the gym and is like "wtf" so he explains all the gym leaders she's related to.

Her dad became a gym leader because he ran away to travel, started smoking, went bankrupt and was forced to be a gym leader but he got rich and obsessive over Raina, so he adopted a kid, naming her Rayna. Blah blah talking.

Then Raina is talked into being the gym leader and we fight on showdown.

Also in the sequel I wanted to happen, Raina thought her mother wouldnt approve of letting her dad back into their lives. She was wrong. Her mother approved. Raina and Rayna actually become friends and if the sequel happened, I would rp as Rayna and not Raina.

I realized this arc is kinda cliche thinking it over oops.

Long time no see, Azuru. We'll need to finish this RP, so that if we have any events happen, they'll twist the next part of the story.

Besides, I've gotten much better at RPing lately, and I'm ready.
(also, you kinda caught me off guard while I was reading Homestuck)