• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pruie Discussion Thread

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'd only agree with Hysan returning for the tournament because it'd be fair since we're all overpowered in pokemon

I explained that I rush in all my games, so they were like "whatever" and now I have 8 badges and I've been inactive so you guys don't have to deal with the fact that I was one of the most overpowered members.

No, I didn't have a problem with that.
I meant the special Pokemon, little flaws, and such. I guess he's a bit underdeveloped? He had no defining personality traits. For example, Raina is a little blunt asshole with no empathy and is weak and underdog-like. She has her father so you feel sympathy for her and so she has more depth.

To be fair you all had two months of my inactivity to get your 8 badges, but you kept making the Mafia interrupt and you made Soren part of Team Shadow, but I guess he wanted to.

I mean, Fastt, you're missing one very important detail: I cared for a while that you were overpowered and such, until your beat the last gym. Otherwise, Hysan's a bit of an underdeveloped character.

We did. I wanted to make the gym leaders more than a boss to fight, and I can tell Mockingchu and Dapper feel the same way. Unfortunately, Dapper hasn't been on in a while.

No, I didn't have a problem with that.
I meant the special Pokemon, little flaws, and such. I guess he's a bit underdeveloped? He had no defining personality traits. For example, Raina is a little blunt asshole with no empathy and is weak and underdog-like. She has her father so you feel sympathy for her and so she has more depth.
I get the Rotom being the "special Pokemon", but what flaws? Is it that he's a rushing little 13 year old that doesn't give a shit and interrupts Mafia battles 'cause he wants to help?

I meant shadow Linoone, Rotom is awesome.
That's more of your desicion as a RP writer.
He wants to help because he's caring and compassionate, one of the few traits he has.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
the rushing is the problem. you just speedrun like its a game. in that world its real life and thats nearly impossible

I meant shadow Linoone, Rotom is awesome.
That's more of your desicion as a RP writer.
He wants to help because he's caring and compassionate, one of the few traits he has.
In real life, I would have cried and ran away. Now, I just have the Linoone because it felt cool.

How many more traits would Hysan have? He is a speedrunner, he has all of two traits: Caring and Compassion, according to everyone, and he gives no crap apparently and everyone gets mad at him helping his 'friends' beat a Mafia gang.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
i want to fuck everyone's team at one point. just to make me feel better about my insecurity. = harry's FEELING backstory

How about this: If I come back (and I probably won't) Hysan becomes a solo player because no one cares about him since he's apparently a little b*tch and he helps but everyone hates him.

Well, I realize I am coming off as shallow minded, and I am. I really am. I'm sorry.
That's just because the way I RP is different than your approach.
Usually I plan out my character to give them personality and a slight backstory. I plan out scenarios for these characters and I should stop trying to make others RP the way I do. But it's just a suggestion, please give him more depth. He seems one-dimensional.

Maybe give him a character arc similar to Angel's eye, Luke's Lucario, and Raina's father.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well, I realize I am coming off as shallow minded, and I am. I really am. I'm sorry.
That's just because the way I RP is different than your approach.
Usually I plan out my character to give them personality and a slight backstory. I plan out scenarios for these characters and I should stop trying to make others RP the way I do. But it's just a suggestion, please give him more depth. He seems one-dimensional.

Maybe give him a character arc similar to Angel's eye, Luke's Lucario, and Raina's father.
YESS!!! THIS IS WHAT I LIKE IN CHARACTERS!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
YEP. also new Harry is going to be like wee a boo tryhard badass ass kicker pokemon trainer that forces his pokemon to become op using strange methods. HOWS THAT FOR RIDICULOUS CHARACTER DEPTH!

Damn. That's good. Maybe Hysan has his SHADOW LINOONE which he has had so that's like a character depth thing I guess. I also suggested the whole Calliope being Hysan's sibling, but Shimmering would have to agree to that.

Fastt, Lucario's story arc and leading up to the fight with me and Shimmering was my favorite part of this whole RP. So I think you speed-running was not only taking something away from other players, but also yourself. In your next RP, try taking it slower, and see where the RP takes you, instead of where you take it.
As for whether I think you should come back, I'm fine with whatever. I agree with Azuru in the fact that "RP's are about having fun, and being a bunch of Pokemon Nerds"

Well, to be fair, I have been dealing with a lot of stuff in real life. I haven't been posting since Cosmic reported me and then got my two accounts merged. I wanted to go slow but I usually do the other bits of story once I have all badges/am champion so I wanted to get all of the badges and then do the story thing with everyone, that's just how I roll.