• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Project X Zone: Operation Omega (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

"Have you ever thought about just how many other worlds there are?"
"I'm not talking about planets, no. I'm talking about whole alternate dimensions with life just like our own. Some not knowing of any connection to other realities, some thriving in it."
"What would happen, theoretically speaking, if we were to create gateways between them..."
"...and bring fragments from their worlds into ours?"

PROJECT X ZONE

So if you're unfamiliar from exactly what Project X Zone is, it's a trilogy of RPGs that feature a slew of Capcom, Namco, SEGA and even some Nintendo characters. It's sprite-based and has three installments so far (yes Namco x Capcom counts as the first entry in the series) which has really fun gameplay, a bunch of cool characters and some anime tropes.
What? Frank West and Hsien-Ko are funny.
The main thing about this is that it makes absurd crossovers such as Yuri from Tales of Vesperia and X from Mega Man X being in the same room possible. It's kinda why I decided to make an RP out of it tbh. There's many great crossovers that can come from the unification of the four greatest family-friendly gaming companies out there, which is what I plan to explore here.
Project X Zone has a pairing system, which allows you to play as two characters simultaneously in battle. There's also a single character system, but that one character is basically a super attack you can put in a group with three others. The pairs can never be split apart, but the third character can swap between whoever. It's not necessary to put a third character in, but if you want to I won't stop you.
Now for the plot of the RP. I'm thinking we're going to be having a multiverse-hopping adventure across many different worlds (each worlds of the characters) where a mysterious villain bands together a bunch of evil-doers - both those deceased and still living - in order to gain a power beyond gods and gain domination. He plans to do this through the use of the Gamma Core, one of many devices across the multiverse with the ability to open portals and bend space-time when fully awakened. Fortunately, our pair of male-female OCs (that other RPers can create if they want) come together to set out on a quest to stop him before space-time itself is torn apart, being joined by several heroes and villains from all over.
So let's get started, shall we?
1) Follow the regular RP rules.
2) Ideally most characters should come from SEGA, Capcom and Namco properties, but a few Nintendo and third-party characters are allowed. Just don't overdo it!
3) We won't be flooding this with OCs. We have two main character OCs, a few other antagonist OCs and that's it.
4) This takes place outside of the timeline for the rest of the Project X Zone games, since I only have PXZ1 and haven't beaten it yet.
5) If you read all the rules say Tenzai Ninjitsu somewhere in one of your forms.
6) Please, try not to make the characters overpowered...
7) Suggestions for the direction of the plot and areas are fine, but don't overdo it! If you're worried about one of your characters not having a place to join in yet, don't force them. I've got a plan.
Names:
Game(s)/Game Series:
Duo Attack 1: (name both attacks)
Duo Attack 2:
Duo Attack 3:
Duo Attack 4:
Duo Attack 5:
Special: (an extremely powerful attack used once per battle and requires time to charge)
Modified Special: (detail how it differs from the regular special and which Solo Character it must be performed with)
Mass Attack (AOE):
Skills: (up to five out-of-battle abilities between the duo)
Extra: (any extra details that need to be specified)
Name:
Game/Game Series:
Solo Attack: (an extremely powerful attack combo used to back up a Team)
Skills: (up to three out-of-battle abilities)
Yeah, I get that these sheets may seem like alien words to you all... I hope I'll be able to properly explain, however, if you have any questions about it.
Now then, it's time for gaming's greatest crossover since Smash to return!

I NOW SUMMON THE LEGION OF FELLOW RPERS (except Godjacob ;-; ) IN HOPES THEY SHALL JOIN ME IN THIS ENDEAVOR!
@Mockingchu @GreninjaTrainer013 @Galacta Ace @Rohan Kishibe @Not Gyro Zeppeli @SS-I Never @Takumeme666420 @Fraseandchico @Lucas Inazumai

Names: Yuri Lowell/Estellise "Estelle" Sidos Heurassein
Game: Tales of Vesperia
Duo Attack 1: Azure Edge & Photon
Duo Attack 2: Lone Wolf Charge & Star Stroke
Duo Attack 3: Tiger Blade & Marche Waltz
Duo Attack 4: Severing Fang & Angel Ring
Duo Attack 5: Ghost Wolf & Sylphie Roll
Special: Savage Wolf Fury & Holy Lance
Modified Special: Blood Brothers [Requires Flynn] (Yuri and Flynn combo the enemy before moving away as Estelle Holy Lances them, allowing Yuri and Flynn to use a Savage Wolf Fury/Radiant Dragon Fang combo.
Mass Attack (AOE): Divine Wolf & Sacred Penance
Skills: Dispel (cures status ailments), First Aid (heals), Concealed Wave (destroys enemy guard), Helm Splitter (guaranteed critical hits), Vigilante (reduces Special/Skill cooldown)
Extra: A mainstay of the series, Yuri Lowell has stuck around with Project X Zone in both its incarnations. Though Estelle was reduced to an NPC in the previous game, she's back alongside her partner to keep fighting to the end!
Name: Flynn Scifo
Solo Attack: Radiant Dragon Fang
Skills: Cure (heals), Marching Orders (improves morale/movement speed), Ideal Captain (raises morale)
Extra: Childhood friend of both Yuri and Estelle, Flynn is the captain of his own brigade of the Imperial Knights, making himself both a commanding figure and someone with a huge target on his back. But Flynn's bark is just as strong as his bike - you DO NOT want to mess with him.
Names: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik/Metal Sonic
Game Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
Duo Attack 1: Volkan Cannon & Homing Attack
Duo Attack 2: Homing Missiles & Plasma Pulse Attack
Duo Attack 3: Power Laser & Black Shield
Duo Attack 4: Missile Barrage & Ring Spark Field
Duo Attack 5: Egg Scrambling & V. Maximum Overdrive
Special: Death Egg Robot & Light Speed Attack
Modified Special: Metal Overlord [requires Infinite] (Infinite summons the Egg Fleet which blasts the opponent before Metal absorbs the Egg Fleet, and upon Eggman's command blasts the entire battlefield in a massive laser while Infinite protects Eggman with a shield)
Mass Attack (AOE): Missile Barrage & Light Speed Dash
Skills: Tinker (disrupts an artificial enemy for a while), Speed of Sound (raises evasion), Lock-on Laser (increases accuracy), Black Shield (blocks an attack), Overdrive (raises attack)
Extra: The main enemy of Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr. Eggman's got Metal Sonic back under his control and is ready to crush that meddlesome hedgehog once and for all! Eggman will start as a villain character but will be recruited after a certain event.
Name: Infinite the Jackal
Solo Attack: Phantom Distortion
Skills: Illusion (raises evasion), Reality Warp (allows Infinite to go anywhere on the map), Overdrive (raises attack)
Extra: Infinite starts off as a villain character, but can be recruited later.
Names: Rock "Mega Man" Light/Blues "Proto Man" Light
Game Series: mega man
Duo Attack 1: Ice Shot & Hard Knuckle
Duo Attack 2: Water Wave & Quick Boomerang
Duo Attack 3: Flame Sword & Top Spin
Duo Attack 4: Super Arm & Skull Barrier
Duo Attack 5: Hornet Chaser & Pharaoh Shot
Special: Black Hole Bomb and Time Stopper (Proto Man stops time for a short period of time, allowing Mega Man to shoot out the bomb, sucking in enemies and projectiles within its range.)
Modified Special: Black Hole (Mega Man opens a black hole above his head, sucking in projectiles and enemies nearby. Mega Man briefly stops time before the hole expands, though he’s vulnerable from below throughout the attack.)
Mass Attack (AOE): Astro Crush and Rain Flush (small meteorites fall from the sky, each dealing large amounts of damage. There is also acidic rain falling, dealing lighter, continuous damage.)
Skills: Rush Coil, Beat, Eddie, Buster Shield.
Extra:

Last edited:
Name: Proto Man
Game/Game Series: Mega man
Solo Attack: (an extremely powerful attack combo used to back up a Team)hard Knuckle to mega buster: a basic combo, where protoman uppercuts the foe into the air, and spikes them back down with the mega buster,
Skills: (up to three out-of-battle abilities) whistle teleport-thing, buster shield, dash(hard to think of three skills, sorry)
Extra: (any extra details that need to be specified) may need help with the skills. Also Tenzai Ninjitsu!

Just to give you all an idea of what I'm looking for in character sheets, I'll fill out a few for my main guys.
Names: Yuri Lowell/Estellise "Estelle" Sidos Heurassein
Duo Attack 1: Azure Edge & Photon
Duo Attack 2: Lone Wolf Charge & Star Stroke
Duo Attack 3: Tiger Blade & Marche Waltz
Duo Attack 4: Severing Fang & Angel Ring
Duo Attack 5: Ghost Wolf & Sylphie Roll
Special: Savage Wolf Fury & Holy Lance
Modified Special: Blood Brothers [Requires Flynn] (Yuri and Flynn combo the enemy before moving away as Estelle Holy Lances them, allowing Yuri and Flynn to use a Savage Wolf Fury/Radiant Dragon Fang combo.
Mass Attack (AOE): Divine Wolf & Sacred Penance
Skills: Dispel (cures status ailments), First Aid (heals), Concealed Wave (destroys enemy guard), Helm Splitter (guaranteed critical hits), Vigilante (reduces Special/Skill cooldown)
Extra: A mainstay of the series, Yuri Lowell has stuck around with Project X Zone in both its incarnations. Though Estelle was reduced to an NPC in the previous game, she's back alongside her partner to keep fighting to the end!
Name: Flynn Scifo
Solo Attack: Radiant Dragon Fang
Skills: Cure (heals), Marching Orders (improves morale/movement speed), Ideal Captain (raises morale)
Extra: Childhood friend of both Yuri and Estelle, Flynn is the captain of his own brigade of the Imperial Knights, making himself both a commanding figure and someone with a huge target on his back. But Flynn's bark is just as strong as his bike - you DO NOT want to mess with him.
I've got several more, but I'll make them in just a bit.

@Not Gyro Zeppeli It looks pretty much good, just reference to my sheets to see what I mean by Skills. And a Solo character can't do much on their own, so maybe it might be a good idea to make Mega Man a character so Proto Man can be paired up with someone? Also, I figured that Proto Man and Mega Man would be a Team with Bass being the Solo character...
@Rohan Kishibe See above for reference of what skills are like.

Names: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik/Metal Sonic
Duo Attack 1: Volkan Cannon & Homing Attack
Duo Attack 2: Homing Missiles & Plasma Pulse Attack
Duo Attack 3: Power Laser & Black Shield
Duo Attack 4: Missile Barrage & Ring Spark Field
Duo Attack 5: Egg Scrambling & V. Maximum Overdrive
Special: Death Egg Robot & Light Speed Attack
Modified Special: Metal Overlord [requires Infinite] (Infinite summons the Egg Fleet which blasts the opponent before Metal absorbs the Egg Fleet, and upon Eggman's command blasts the entire battlefield in a massive laser while Infinite protects Eggman with a shield)
Mass Attack (AOE): Missile Barrage & Light Speed Dash
Skills: Tinker (disrupts an artificial enemy for a while), Speed of Sound (raises evasion), Lock-on Laser (increases accuracy), Black Shield (blocks an attack), Overdrive (raises attack)
Extra: The main enemy of Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr. Eggman's got Metal Sonic back under his control and is ready to crush that meddlesome hedgehog once and for all! Eggman will start as a villain character but will be recruited after a certain event.
Name: Infinite the Jackal
Solo Attack: Phantom Distortion
Skills: Illusion (raises evasion), Reality Warp (allows Infinite to go anywhere on the map), Overdrive (raises attack)
Extra: Infinite starts off as a villain character, but can be recruited later.

Names:Mega Man and Proto Man
Game(s)/Game Series: mega man
Duo Attack 1: ice shot and hard Knuckle
Duo Attack 2: water wave and quick boomerang
Duo Attack 3: flame sword and top spin
Duo Attack 4: super arm and skull barrier
Duo Attack 5: hornet chaser and pharaoh shot
Special: black hole Bomb and time stopper: proto stops time for a short period of time, allowing mega man to shoot out the bomb, sucking in enemies and projectiles within its range.
Modified Special: black hole: mega man opens a black hole above his head, sucking in projectiles and enemies nearby. Mega man briefly stops time before the hole expands, though he’s vulnerable from below throughout the attack.
Mass Attack (AOE): Astro crush and rain flush: small meteorites fall from the sky, each dealing large amounts of damage. There is also acidic rain falling, dealing lighter, continuous damage.
Skills: (up to five out-of-battle abilities between the duo) rush coil, beat, Eddie, buster shield.
Extra: (any extra details that need to be specified)tell me if there’s anything that needs fixing. Also Tenzai Ninjitsu I guess.

Last edited:
I remember a few cross series duos, so I decided to do one.

Names: Corrin/Shulk
Game(s)/Game Series: Fire Emblem Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles
Duo Attack 1: Dragon Fang & Back Slash
Duo Attack 2: Counter &Stream Edge
Duo Attack 3: Dragon Lance &Shaker Edge
Duo Attack 4: Omega Yato & Slit Edge
Duo Attack 5: Headbutt & Air Slash
Special: Critical Hit & Buster, Corrin transforms into a dragon dealing several powerful attacks, and then throws them into the air. Shulk activates his Monado and gets a couple of hits in
Modified Special: While the opponent is in the air, Link attacks with the master sword and shoots them with an ancient arrow, knocking the opponent into shulk
Mass Attack (AOE): Waves & Cyclone
Skills: Foresight(Increases Accuracy), Light Heal(Heals), Draconic Ancestory (Increased defense), and Dragon Slayer(Effective on reptillian creatures)
Extra: Uhhh... I’m not sure how to explain why these two are paired up.
Name: Link
Game/Game Series: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Solo Attack: Urbosa’s Fury
Skills: Hero of Hyrule(Attack Up), Master Chef(Heals), Botanist (Heals status effects)
Extra: None
I know these are all Nintendo characters, but I plan to make a Street Fighter team too.

And Guardians and Mechon would make cool enemies.

Last edited:
I remember a few cross series duos, so I decided to do one.

Names: Takumi/Shulk
Game(s)/Game Series: Fire Emblem Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles
Duo Attack 1: Point Blank & Back Slash
Duo Attack 2: Astra &Stream Edge
Duo Attack 3: Quick Draw &Shaker Edge
Duo Attack 4: Lifetaker & Slit Edge
Duo Attack 5: Lethality & Air Slash
Special: Duplicate & Buster, Takumi duplicates himself, fires several arrows into the opposition, and then throws them into the air. Shulk activates his Monado and gets a couple of hits in
Modified Special: While the opponent is in the air, Link attacks with the master sword and shoots them with an ancient arrow.
Mass Attack (AOE): True Shot & Cyclone
Skills: Foresight(Increases Accuracy), Light Heal(Heals), Deadeye (Guaranteed Critical Hits), and Master Archer(Effective on flying units)
Extra: Uhhh... I’m not sure how to explain why these two are paired up.
Name: Link
Game/Game Series: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Solo Attack: Urbosa’s Fury
Skills: Hero of Hyrule(Attack Up), Master Chef(Heals), Botanist (Heals status effects)
Extra: None
I know these are all Nintendo characters, but I plan to make a Street Fighter team too.

And Guardians and Mechon would make cool enemies.
I knew you were going to use Takumi

Here's my two Xenoblade people, which means that if anyone (cough cough Takumeme) wants to make Rex and Pyra a team then feel free.
Also, wouldn't it make more sense in the context of FE:Fates to have Corrin team up with Shulk and have Takumi be a Solo character...?
Names: His Highness the Crown Prince Ozychlyrus Brounev Tantal "Zeke von Genbu"/Pandoria
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Duo Attack 1: Stratospheric Thunder & Lightning Force
Duo Attack 2: Overload Thunder Beam & Electric Circus
Duo Attack 3: Dynamic Spark Sword & Thunder Doom
Duo Attack 4: Ultimate Lightning Fury Slash MAX
Special: Eye of Shining Justice & Sonic Thunderslash
Mass Attack (AOE): Ultimate Lightning Fury Slash MAX
Skills: Brawn over Brain (increases attack), Quickest Purple (reduces special cooldown), Thunderblast (breaks enemy guard), Critical Pro (guaranteed criticals), Sudden Spark (increases speed)
Extra: Behold the mighty... Zeke! Von! Genbu! Bringer of Chaos! Mostly known as Zeke. And often addressed as the Zekenator!
Name: Jin
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Solo Attack: Ultraslash/Skyward Slash (Stunned Swallow as an AOE attack when fought as an enemy)
Skills: Zero Zone (blocks healing), Empty Moment (evasion max), Bladeless Blade (knockback)
Extra: First fought as a villain, Jin has somehow returned after the events of Xenoblade 2. Starting as an antagonist, he can later be recruited.

Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
Game/Game Series: Sonic the Hedgehog Series
Solo Attack: Sonic Triple Combo (I could explain it if you want.)
Skills: Magic Ring (Heals), S. Air Cracker (Counterattack if melee attack used), Chaos Ball (Stuns enemies)
Extra: If hit by any sort of attack involving water, he becomes stunned for a while. The fear just won't go away from this guy.

Hey @GreninjaTrainer013 I was expecting this and am fine with you taking Sonic, but you're missing a huge opportunity here.
Sonic and Tails as a Team Unit with Knuckles as a Solo Unit.
Why not do that...?

Also yeah it's technically cheating but I'm gonna have TOME characters here anyways. They have a game and I'm allowing a small amount of third-party stuff! I'm also planning to have Alisa and Soma from God Eater and Silver and Blaze from Sonic the Hedgehog be Team Units I'm taking. Sorry if it's a lot but I want a bunch of characters here!
Names: Micheal "Alpha"/Stephanie "Flamegirl"
Game: TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise (the animated series version tho)
Duo Attack 1: Orion Shield & Flame Bullet
Duo Attack 2: Vulcan Fist & Rocket Burn
Duo Attack 3: Zeus Rage & Angry Burst
Duo Attack 4: Poseidon Wave & Sun Bomb
Duo Attack 5: Front Kick & Aerial Stomp
Special: Rocket Burn
Modified Special: Hacker Busting [requires Nylocke] (Alpha and Flamegirl combo the enemy in sync, before Nylocke sends them flying into the air with a Cold Steel attack, before using his White Wind to launch Alpha and Flamegirl's Rocket Burn into the enemy.)
Mass Attack (AOE): Forbidden Power & Anti-Virus (Alpha uses the Forbidden Power on the area around hims before Flamegirl calms him down with an Anti-Virus Hug)
Skills: Orion Shield (block any attack for a turn), Hot Girl (passively damages nearby enemies), Back Attack (jumps over enemy, bypassing guard), Hot Shot (damages an enemy from a distance)
Extra: The main protagonists of TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise, Alpha and Flamegirl are a pair of adventurers who battle injustice across the virtual plains of TOME. In the past Alpha has managed to permanently erase the Forbidden Power that plagued him and his friends for so long, but nothing can truly disappear forever...
Name: Nylocke
Game: TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise
Solo Attack: Stalagmite Storm
Skills: WHOOSH! (increases movement speed), Cool Guy (passively stuns nearby enemies), Drain Edge (turns damage received into attack buffs)
Extra: A role-player and one of the oldest members of the Terrain of Magical Expertise, Nylocke is a remarkable and powerful player.

Uh... just saying, you kinda should. Because otherwise Sonic can't do anything unless he's got two other guys with him. In terms of battle, that is. Besides, I'm sure you can handle Sonic and Tails together. They've got such a good dynamic as-is!

Names: Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles 'Tails' Prower
Game(s)/Game Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
Duo Attack 1: Spin Dash and Tail Swipe (Sonic spin dashes into the enemy, throwing them up and leaving Tails to hit them with his tails)
Duo Attack 2: Chaos Control and Energy Cannon (Tails shoots an electric orb, but Sonic stops it with Chaos Control, attacking the enemy a bunch of times before time heads back to normal and the orb hits the enemy)
Duo Attack 3: Sonic Wind and Flick (Sonic summons a tornado, launching the enemy up, and when they come down, Flick hits them from underneath)
Duo Attack 4: Blue Bomber (Tails lifts Sonic up, then throws him onto the enemy. Sonic then bounces off and hits the enemy a second time.)
Duo Attack 5: Flash Bang and Axe Kick (Sonic spinballs into the enemy, then follows with a air-kick while Tails' grenade is thrown at the place where the enemy will be launched to.)
Special: Double Boost (Sonic and Tails team up to create a powerful boost, even stronger than a regular boost, and launch enemies EXTREMELY far.)
Modified Special: Triple Boost (Performed alongside Knuckles, the three team up in order to do one boost mixed with Sonic's super speed, Tails' gadgets, and Knuckles' superstrength.)
Mass Attack (AOE): Don't exactly know what this means..
Skills: Magic Ring (Heals), Scan (Tails scans the area around for items and enemies), Boost (Can bring some people to different locations really quickly)
Extra: Sonic and Tails are a great duo - Always finding out ways to improve team work and cooperation, and always knowing different ways to attack. They never doubt each other, and are just best buds in general.

I'll make the Knuckles one soon.

I'm at school working on this so i'll just put it here so I can work on it when I get home.

Names: Takumi/Leo
Game(s)/Game Series: Fire Emblem Fates
Duo Attack 1: Point Blank & Lifetaker
Duo Attack 2: Astra & Ragnorak
Duo Attack 3: Lethality & Thoron
Duo Attack 4: Quick Draw & Bolganone
Duo Attack 5: Aether & Excalibur
Special: (an extremely powerful attack used once per battle and requires time to charge)
Modified Special: (detail how it differs from the regular special and which Solo Character it must be performed with)
Mass Attack (AOE): True Shot & Brynhildr
Skills: Devil's Luck, Deadeye, Master Archer,

I'm real busy, but here are few pairs and solo groups I have planned
Ryu & Ken
Vega
Shadow & Dante
Rex & Pyra
Nia

Last edited:
Ryu and Ken - perfect, the Street Fighters are Project X Zone essentials! Alongside Chun Li & Morrigan, Frank West & Hsein-Ko and Yuri & Estelle, that is. By Shadow & Chaos, do you mean as in Shadow and Chaos from Sonic? Because I question that pairing... Hell it might be better to pair Shadow up with, say, Rita Mordio or Dante.
ooh shadow and dante now that would be fun
On another topic, I'm also reserving Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey as my characters. Forgot about them!

Names: Sans and Papyrus
Game(s)/Game Series: Undertale
Duo Attack 1: Bone rush+Blue bones
Duo Attack 2: Gaster Blaster+Bone shot
Duo Attack 3: Corney Joke+Spagetiti launch
Duo Attack 4:
Duo Attack 5:
Special: (an extremely powerful attack used once per battle and requires time to charge) Font Cannon: Sans has Gaster Blaster and it forms with a larger cannon made by Papyrus.
Modified Special: (detail how it differs from the regular special and which Solo Character it must be performed with) If done with Undyng, it is infused with a single spear and the power is lowered, but accuracy boosted.
Mass Attack (AOE): Bone explosion: Sends bones in all directions, each dealing damage.
Skills: (up to five out-of-battle abilities between the duo) Spaghetti, hotdogs, teleportation, being skeletons.
Extra: (any extra details that need to be specified) May make undyng as one as well, and Tenzie whoever

Last edited:
Uhhhhhhh... I mean I don't objectively see problems with it, but... Gah, I'm an Undertale fan myself, and it's allowed due to the third-party stuff, but it kinda just... feels wrong... The "Gaster Doge Blast" doesn't actually exist in Undertale, so there's no reference to what the attack is like. Can you describe it?

Yea, sorry. It's a troll thing. Think of it like a Gaster Blaster, but with doges inside blasting forward. Just more powerful than a normal Gaster blaster.
Edit: Had a new idea. Changing it now.

Last edited:
Maybe, but later. I have another project I'm working on right now, and it has priority. (Pokebot on discord. Someone has a lv 100 Articuno and I need to kill it)