• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Project Sunny D

I need to make a new team. my Trick Room Team rocks, and I am following my own path with them, *Holy light form the sky* but sometimes, I need a change of pace. So, I went with a versitile team. A Sunny Day team, which can be used for Doubles (Preferred) or Singles (Meh).

Be warned, I have some odd picks!

386 Speed Forme Deoxys- Special Sweeper
Psychic Type
[-o-] Heat Rock Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Ability: Pressure 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

- Psychic
- Solarbeam
- Icy Wind Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day

Speed. Forme. Deoxys. Is. Borderline. When I heard that, I went for him immediately (Gamestop Events FTW). Being the fastest Pokemon ever, he can get the Sunny Day up ASAP, and keep it up with his Heat Rock. He takes advantage of the Sun with his Solarbeam, Psychic for STAB, and Icy Wind just to bug people, but I'll replace it ASAP. Icy Wind in change for Stealth Rock; It can be layed out quick and causes some decent damage to switching-ins.

178 Xatu- Supporter Sweeper
Psychic-Flying Type
[-o-] Wise Glasses Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Ability: Early Bird 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

- Tailwind
- Solarbeam
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Kinda odd, huh? I guess I'm trying to be subtle as long as possible Heat Wave and Solarbeam to take advantage of the Sunny Day, and Psychic for STAB. Tailwind to support my guys even more. I may switch it for something else, though. :-\

257 Blaziken- Physical Sweeper
Fire-Fight Type
[-o-] Choice Band Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Ability: Blaze 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

- Blaze Kick
- Rock Slide Stone Edge
- Sky Uppercut
- Shadow Claw

With Deoxys and Xatu as Special Sweepers, I need a Physical Sweeper to balance them out, right? Blaziken has Blaze Kick for obvious reasons. Sky Uppercut for STAB and to take care of Noobish Flyers. Rock Slide for fun and Shadow Claw for more fun. Whee. Rock Slide for Stone Edge; Critical Hit and damage over less damage and flinching. I put a Choice Band on there, and I've always wanted to try that out.

110 Weezing- Sunny Sweeper
Poison Type
[-o-] Heat Rock Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
Ability: Levitate 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

I told you, odd picks! Sunny Day just because, and Flamethrower over Fire Blast because of accuracy and PP. Sludge Bomb for STAB and Dark Pulse as a filler/take care of Psychics. Focus Sash to keep Weezing alive for one turn, at least.

465 Tangrowth- Annoyer
Grass Type
[-o-] Leftovers Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Ability: Chlorophyll 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Sleep Power

This is the most logical choice for the Sunny Day Team, having Chlorophyll. I have Power Whip over, say, Seed Bomb because I'd rather not eat up all of my shards (A common pain for the Platinum Move Tutors.) Synthesis to heal/stall. Rock Slide to take care of Fly-Types and Brick Break as a sorta-filler.

143 Snorlax- Cursing Bulky Sweeper
Normal Type
[-o-] Life Orb Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Ability: Thick Fat 204 Atk/ 160 Def/ 104 SDef/ 40 HP

- Fire Punch
- Sunny Day
- Return/ Frustration
- Crunch Curse

Filler Pokemon FTW. :D Snorlax is in there just to be my wall/Sunny Day-er. Fire Punch to take advantage fo the Sunny Day. Crunch just because I can. Return/Frustration for STAB. Life Orb since Snorlax has monster HP and can take it like a glutton! Yeah!

Okay, tear it to shreds, feed it to the dogs, and kill it with fire. :)

-AL

Um, kay, here's my not as good as others take on it :3

I'm not too sure about one thing for the Heat Rock on Deoxys, and that is if after the sun gets up, if the Pokemon holding it dies, will it still increase the turns? If so, then by all means keep it. If not, I really don't have much to say on it, except maybe put a Lum Berry on since Paralysis and such completely kill it >> Also, I must suggest that you replace Icy Wind with something like Stealth Rock or maybe Taunt, since you're pretty much always going first. Also, as far as I've looked recently, as in right now, Smogon says it's Uber >> Althhough I'm not sure if that's true or not.

I unfortunately have not much to say about Xatu, except that-wait, yeah, nothing to say~ As much fun as Rock Slide is on Blaziken, I must say that Stone Edge kind of beats it out in nearly everything except Rock Slide's flinch Rate. I must say that you can probably get away with throwing a Choice Band on him as well, since he is an all attack set.

I COMMAND YOU TO THROW WILL O WISP ON WEEZING D:< Well not command, so much as, suggest :3 Since Weezing can take a bit of a beating, I believe it's a nice idea. And maybe Explosion, if you wanted~ Also, Weezing really won't be dying on the first hit all that often unless you decide to leave it out against a Special Attacker, so you could replace teh Sash with Leftovers or a Heat Rock if wanted.

You know, I really should know about Tangrowth, but I kinda don't, although I can say two things. Sleep Powder or Knock Off is a nice idea to fit on there instead of Brick Break or Rock Slide, since once SD is up, you'll be able to move fairly fast enough to either Sleep the opponent or knock off it's item effectively. If you do choose to keep Brick Break and Rock Slide on, I must add that a Life Orb could be a nice idea, and if you take my ideas and possibly and in Leech Seed for fun, Leftovers could do well.

Annnd I'm leaving out Snorlax, since it seems fine to me, but I'll leave that up to some of the other Clinicy people here.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Random suggestion: Snorlax could cause quite a lot of pain if you gave it Curse - as it sacrifices speed (which Lax doesnot have anyway) for both attack and defense. It could quite easily make your Snorlax hurt quite a lot - and, y'know, SD'd Curse'd Fire Punch would /hurt/.:3

Y'know, I've always wanted to try a Choice Pokemon, so I'll dot hat with Blaziken.

Deoxys... Yeah, I've been told both, but one Uber isn't going to hurt. :D I wanted Icy wind gone, and I personally like the Stealth Rock idea.

I'd go with Will-o-Wisp and Explosion on Weezing, but the versitality is... meager. Explosion is a huge risk to my team, with only Snorlax being able to (Maybe) survive it. And I will put a Heat Rock on him. If I encounter any sign of Psychics, I switch for Deoxys.

And I know how annoying... annoyers are, so an annyoing Tangrowth is very appealing to me. :evilgrin:

As for Snorlax... I love the idea, and I'm DOIN' IT. The idea, that is.

-AL