• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Project SSBC-The RP

I discussed this on chat with Tangrow, but he said I might need permission from some people.

My Idea was that when I'm on team white I tell my King and Queen about my Idea to blow up the volcano that the Temple of the Earth Goddess is on, and destroy the temple. With the earth goddess out of the way, the barrier to N00b-Mans Land is brought down by being weakened, that is if The barrier's like in the LoZ games and it takes every one of the upholders of the barrier to keep it up and can't operate with only one missing, and unleash havoc on 'Charms and Black, seeing as White would be safe being on a Planet separate from 'Charms. Some people can come and intervene or something, or everyone escapes on their respective airships, the land becoming the Subspace-esque level. If not, we need somewhere else. Tan said I needed other peoples permission, namely Toru and maybe RX.

Blazikid said:
I discussed this on chat with Tangrow, but he said I might need permission from some people.

My Idea was that when I'm on team white I tell my King and Queen about my Idea to blow up the volcano that the Temple of the Earth Goddess is on, and destroy the temple. With the earth goddess out of the way, the barrier to N00b-Mans Land is brought down by being weakened, that is if The barrier's like in the LoZ games and it takes every one of the upholders of the barrier to keep it up and can't operate with only one missing, and unleash havoc on 'Charms and Black, seeing as White would be safe being on a Planet separate from 'Charms. Some people can come and intervene or something, or everyone escapes on their respective airships, the land becoming the Subspace-esque level. If not, we need somewhere else. Tan said I needed other peoples permission, namely Toru and maybe RX.

What's the point of conquering all of 'Charms if you're going to destroy it in the first place? =/ Purging the land just makes the whole brainwashing thing sees rather pointless, so I'm not too fond of the idea. If anything, it can at least be used as plot to devastate a large battalion of opponents at a time, the river of lava becoming a 'stage' itself. More over, if the White faction keep the themselves on Dway's planet, there is no point for them to be in this RP at all, amirite?

Dark Soul said:
After quite a short conversation with Karu and Shiny, there's just one thing I would like to say.

Personally, I really don't agree with the idea of no talking in the RP. It would make it harder, agreed, but I don't really see the fun of that. The game that this RP is based on doesn't include talking, but that doesn't necessarily mean we shouldn't talk either. For example, I think the remaining members of Team Charms would be a little tempted to have a conversation after they are attacked by two evil teams, I think? And how would communication on the battlefield go without yelling out to eachother, or talking trough walkie-talkies?

Of course, it is not up to me, and I'd still join the RP even if we do not talk.

@Blazi: I'd love to battle you, burning down the forest with lightning and fire sounds fun~

I'm still maintaining the rule of no dialogue. Its what make this RP unique and it gives us all a challenge to be creative when it comes to writing or trying to express ideas and actions. As Sem and Red have reiterated, there is indeed no dialogue, but there are speaking scenes between characters. It's simply a matter of explaining what they're talking about rather than scripting it. Isn't that simpler than having characters discuss the matters in thick walls of speech?

Secad said:
Okay, here is a question. I've been a little confused. Which team is the 'bad' team, and which is the 'good?'

Edit: I finally figured out the difference. I believe I am a Team Black person, as I like cards. I believe Secad and Fi will enter voluntarily (not be brainwashed) as they (and thus me) can be rather devious,.

Also the Black and White Factions are antagonistic, not evil. The reason they're trying to conquer Charms and defeat the opposing faction has yet to become clear; so I'd appreciate you not labelling them as good and bad. It's why we call them Black and White in the first place. With regards to this, I don't mind your character choosing of his/her own accord to join the factions, but you should explicitly explain their personal reasons for doing so. The point of the factions brainwashing the Charmsians is because they're to be used as expendable units, so it isn't necessary to discuss the grand scheme with them. Further more, your character should be prepared to face the consequence of joining the antagonistic factions willingly, in that they will be considered outright traitors to 'Charms, and probably duped into being used as tools or sacrifices for what the factions wish to achieve.

As Tanny came up with Gerbolia, that gave me an idea. As Secad and Fi are diplomats, they could be wanting more representation in 'Charms government. They may see that the current methods are not working, so force will have to be the method used.

I now understand that you don't want the factions to be dichotomous. Thank you!

As for the no dialogue, are thoughts allowed?

I would love to join this RP ♥

I would be using RP Zacky, so I really don't know where I would place him but I will go where ever I'm needed to be honest, I'll also throw in my world/plane/realm/dimension if you guys really want it :V Plus I would love to be an anti-hero or something that's totally out there <#

Overall, I will find this RP to be a challenge for me :) so I definitely will be watching for this ♥

Tun and Rex would risk their lives and even fight DS just to save me? :'( I'm so moved. (Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to this topic lately.)

I'm curious about thoughts as well. Would it be okay to just have them in italics or should they be completely disallowed like speaking?

I've also changed my post in the original SSBC so that it isn't as stupid any more. I also gave Freta a more piratey theme and even a bionic leg. (It's covered in wood.)

Rex

Resident Furry
If you're going to talk about me as a character, perhaps you should actually consult me first...?

I might help out Freta, for the right price. I really don't care if DS is my opponent. If he attacks me, I will attempt to kill him without a second thought.

I suppose I should join as well, if this thing isn't filled to bursting already.

Alright guys, I've updated my map for hopefully the last time, and it will be up in a later post.

For the point of me posting here, it's actually that I wanted to alert everyone to the status of the pilot. It should be up within 2 weeks or so, depending on what RX meant when I said to him.

So, the pilot currently contains:

Fighters: Blazikid, Tailon
White Charmsians: Dwayna, Sem
Charming Cavalry: Shiny, Brendan, Karu
Black Cavalry: Aero, Chadwyck(Who hopefully will be consistent in replies D:<)

It appears we're missing a Charming Cavalry Member! I think we can make do with 3 people, however. I hope I didn't skip over anyone!

Now then, it seems our cast has been filled, and our great game is now underway! There is still more than enough room for any other joiners, so don't be discouraged by my big words ♥ Now then, please wait warmly ♥
Let's start from the top!

Sem & Lysis - A nimble duo of King and Rook who head the warfront and strategy of the white army. Lysis does most of the fieldwork.
Dwayna - The rumored Soul Stealer who strikes fear into many, this Queen of the White Army will do whatever she can to accomplish her objectives.
Sir Red - Dwayna's trusted knight who serves under her. He carries her commands out without fail, so expect no mercy from this White Knight!
Tangrelle - Ethan's friend/transport who had gone missing a few days prior. She seems to have turned up as a knight upon the White airship!
RX - The mystery man of the Charmsian Cavalry, nobody is certain of what his motives are. We do know that he's on our side, thankfully!
Zacky Ira - More of a freelancer than anything, Zacky hasn't really aligned himself to anyone. Despite this, he is a powerful ally to have on your side.
Lyni - The master violinist of The Vivaldi Isle, Shiny is ready to take on any who oppose the Charmsians with her musical prowess and icey whip!
Dark Soul - An avid participant in this conflict, Dark is certain to make quite a thunder in the playing field, no matter where he ends up.
Tailon - An adept mage looking to get back at both armies who ruined his match. They may want to take a few steps back when he shows up!
Brendan - A fierce loyalist towards the Charmsians, Brendan is ready to fight back with all sorts of fancy weapons from his little grab bag!
French Toasta - The bionic Captain of the Black Clamperl, whoever controls his ship controls the majority of ocean travel. An important resource.
Blazikid - The other participant of the interrupted fight, Blazikid will use his firey combat to end this conflict as soon as possible!
Secad & Fi - Embassadors of Gerbolia. This Human and Pyrokinetic Gerbil tag-team desires to gain more power for Gerbolia in any way possible!
Ethan Tange - A lover of Touhou, Ethan doesn't want to get involved. but if it's to protect the Gardens or save his Tentacle Transport, he'll have to.
Toru - The geokinetic, Toru has come to help his fellow Charmsians. With the divine blessing of the Earth Goddess, he will tear through his foes!
Tunduli - The adorable owner of the sprite shop, Tunduli feels it is her duty to help her friends in any way she can, be they white, black, or green.
Karu - An aquakinetic, Karu had sensed trouble from the ocean and has arisen from the depths to aid his friends as well as to fight some.
Chadwyck - The multitalented fire and electrical mage, Chadwyck decided to not be inactive and slow to come to the party. c:
Rex - Wielding Darkness, Rex has come in to apathetically help out! It's not like he had a choice, anyway...
Tangrow - Ethan's other friend/transport who had gone missing a few days prior. He seems to have turned up as a King upon the Black Airship!
Aero - Another shadow-wielder, no one's certain why Aero had come to fight for the Black army, but he's simply there to fight for his side.
Shocari - The Ace of the Black Army, his lightning and shadows should not be underestimated when he has many tricks up his sleeve!

Okay so some are a little weak, but these are mostly adorably short one liners. I'm simply going with said person's status at the beginning of the RP. If I got yours wrong, do speak up. The map should be up around the time the RP starts as well ♥

Charmsian alliances are broken! Fight on the ambiguous ends! Please wait, Girls are Loading... ♥

This sounds pretty awesome. I have a feeling that you are implying that Gerbolia didn't have equal representation or anything in 'Charms court, or something.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
i love the one-liner you've made for me, and I can already see that this is going to be epic. I look forward to the day that the thread will finally open. :3

Right guys! With the SSBC finally beginning, I have the final rendition of our map! ♥ I'll be going over everything again, and this time, it is in five parts. I am unlikely to change it if we get more people. ♥

Western Land of Charms~
Right, looks like I updated this one a little! We have the Black Airship and Oricos' Graveyard (That I forgot to label, whoops), nothing has changed at all there. Now we actually have things in Gerbolia! I've labeled the Old Gerbolian Ruins, which are what they sound like. It's a place of cultural treasure, where some rogue gerbils have been known to stick around. Then there happens to be Great Gerbolia, the bustling capital of Gerbolia. It's similar in regards to Charms City, but much more...Gerbil-like. Lastly, we have the Gerseaport, which is one of the few fishing and sea-based places in the land of Charms. The Black Clamperl occasionally makes its rounds here for Gerbolian supplies. Out at sea, however, he has to maneuver around the Vivid Coral Reef, where a nice boy named Karu makes himself at home from time to time. It's also a shelf, with very shallow water in its area, which is why it is so treacherous. Moving Eastward!

Midwest Area of Charms ♥
I added most of this stuff in, didn't I! The recurring areas already mentioned happen to be the Forest of Glitter, Lake Fabulous, The Cliff, and The Elements. They may have moved around a little. The real attraction is The River of Fish Missiles and the accompanying path, Carmen's Way. It's certainly not named in honor of someone, what do you think! Those who wish to travel this path must be careful, or they may be hit by an incoming projectile! Made of fish. And missiles! For some reason, it attracts more people than it should. A lot of older members bring newbies here to have some fun, ahoohoohoo. The Isles of the Asian Trio have recently built a bridge, and a recent lady with fans that look like lasers has named one The Vivaldi Isle! It seems to be a nice place to go to.

Charms City!
As exciting as Charms City! sounds when said, I don't have much to add here. Nothing's changed, but i did add cardinal gates. Gates are nice. Ah! Right! The Emotional Skyscraper has become more of a general battlefield instead of Ethan and the Tentacle Twins' place. People come for general fights through the many rainbow slides, making it a popular hotspot when the arena isn't available.

East End of the Land of Charms~
NOW for some different stuff! Right out of the East gate, we come across The Peerless Gardens of Love. Ethan sticks around here and made it as beautiful and silly as it is now, filled with rainbows, cats, and even heart shaped flowers! He doesn't like it when others fight here, and does his best to section the garden's crossroads off with a barrier of color to deter others when coming. It's sturdy, but is still breakable. That's why he uses Tangrelle and Tangrow's Rainbow Vines to keep it going in times of conflict! Unfortunately, the two have gone missing, but even so, Ethan is relunctant to leave the Gardens. He's well aware that if a conflict was to happen, it's entirely possible he'll be caught in the middle of up to four factions. Northbound is the Battlefield of Flames, a fighting grounds where many soldiers have fought and died. Zacky hangs around here, but he's out and about a lot. It's not like it needs to be taken care of. There's been enough bloodshed there for a lifetime. Lots of dead topics end up there too, oddly. Continuing east from the Gardens, one runs into Victoco Castle, a Castle our resident lolita had made with her bare...meteors? no one's really sure, it had just sprung up. Many a ball and gala has been held there, but it seems that Jenova's been kicked out of her own Castle with the arrival of the White Airship! It's certain she seeks her revenge. Beside it, the Great lake of FAIL is located. The Failwhale has moved here after its Fail began affecting ocean life. And southbound...

SPORKSTOWN
That's right folks, Sporkstown. Spawned from the powers of our great lady of Sporks, everything here is made of sporks, except for the nearby Iron Fortress, which Rex had created here when Charms City was looking a little full. It serves a port nearby as well, although that silly Frozen Island oft gets in the way.

There we go ♥ Hooray :>

If any changes are necessary blahblahblah you know what to do.

This RP becomes more awesome by the minute~

Okay, my schedule and memory have not clashed today, so here is the post I promised I'd do;

I hereby officially volunteer to be part of the Black Cavalry. After a slightly confusing two-way conversation with Tan, I finally figured out what that exactly meant :p

In my first post, during the tournament between Tailon and Blazi, I will write up a flashback of how I got kidnapped and brainwashed before the tournament, and then returning back to the present of the RP to fight 'Charmsians~

(Also Tan; the oneliner you made me is awesome~)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I like that you changed the portal section to the five cardinal points, but... lol. 'Tarrantor'. That's what I see when I look at it more closely. Just letting you know, you know?
Lovely that it finally started, can't wait until it's my turn to make a scene. This is going to be so epic, and much fun!

M'kay, on instrucion from Rx's, well, instruction, I'd like to have a part in the Rp please~. I'll be using myself (Indie), and my bio is in the lurvely topic made for 'em. I'd like to be on the Black Army, and if wanted I'll post the background of how I got to being on the Black Army~

Right right, there has been some confusion, but~

Not everyone is in the pilot episode one. I just thought I should say this since Secad posted in it and the spots were filled but that's okay ♥ Just, I'd rather not have anymore confusion. Now then

PEOPLE IN EPISODE ONE HERPDERP:

Blazikid
Tailon
Dwayna
Sem
Shiny
Brendan
Karu
Aero
Chadwyck
And Secad too since it would be rude to make her detract her post :>

Since Karu hasn't posted, if he would prefer to step down and let Secad take his place, this would work as well. Otherwise, it's fine, yesyes. ♥

But if you aren't on the list, you aren't on episode one ♥ The RP works like Brawl's story, so we have scenes, and not everyone's in them ♥

Other than that, Secad, you'll have to remove the dialogue from your post, sadly :c Rem,ember, we are mimicing the dialogue-less-ness of SSBC ♥

That's all!

Well the first episode is going along very well, so I think we should start discussing who's going to be in episode two. I might be depending on how much is going to happen in chapter two.

I think its too early to discuss anything regarding episode two, given that nothing major has happened yet other than the battle between Taillon and Blazi. We can begin discussing Episode 2 once both the episode 1 protagonists and antagonists have done something major in the storyline.

In episode 2, if I'm not mistaken, the people in the pilot will end the episode taking their own routes to accomplish their individual goals. Thus the RP breaks up into several episodes after the piolet, flows like a tree or web, with the story branching out, sometimes linking with other branches. All the way until a conclusive episode can be reached. That one will be crowded as hell...

So discussion wise, if you want to discuss things to do after the pilot with some people, then that's your choice. Though nobody usually stays committed for long, so I'd wait until things move further along in the pilot.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Brendan Savem said:
In episode 2, if I'm not mistaken, the people in the pilot will end the episode taking their own routes to accomplish their individual goals. Thus the RP breaks up into several episodes after the piolet, flows like a tree or web, with the story branching out, sometimes linking with other branches. All the way until a conclusive episode can be reached. That one will be crowded as hell...

It wouldn't necessarily be crowded as hell. I think that, if we honestly try to make this as good as it can be, this RP will carry on for quite a while. Thus, some people will inevitably want to drop out. >:T

And we can also simply resolve various people's stories as we go along, thus the wouldn't be overly relevant, nor need to RP (although they could make a cameo at the end or whatever). This way, the big climatic final episode won't be too crowded. ^^

Okay, so does this mean at some time Fi and Secad should start discussion the plan to gain more standing in the 'Charms court? They are ambassadors.

If that is how to lure you over to the dark side. Then yeah, Charmisian rule sucks for you. Though it would be more interesting if you hold on to that thought for a short bit. At least until we settle into our space station. It would make more sense that most people defect over time, not everyone can all agree that the White Knights or the Black Deck is better than the old ways at the same time, people would usually change sides over time. So I'd suggest holding on to the conversion for at least the next episode.

My suggestion would be more along the lines of you getting the idea once the ships roll in, maybe thinking you could use them to aid Gerbolia, although later realizing your follies when they attack the country. Or not. Something like that may be a nice idea.

Sorry for the very late reaction, but am I not supposed to be in the first episode as well? I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear in my previous post, but I would like to be in the first post as well, fighting for Team Black. I won't appear until the ship comes though~

Well, I hate to come late, but I just noticed this yesterday. I do; however, have a suggestion(s).
You can decide to alter it; however. it's your choice. ♥

- To show rank, have an item that symbolizes it. (From the Anime M.A.R.)
(Example: Pawns have their Chess earrings; Black holds the card of their rank in a pocket or whatever.)

-Decide where to put the Black & White bases/locations.
Well, bases are important. Pokecharms' base is at Tun's sprite shop, so where will theirs be?
I suggest making areas that can hold their appropriate fighting stages.
Example: Chadwyck's stage - Inside the clock tower; so they could have one. :p

Oh, hey; someone besides me that knows about Mar Heaven xD

Actually, the black faction and white faction charmsians have their own uniforms that set them apart from the regular minions, I just haven't gotten around to really designing it.

Well, now it's 'oh crap' time for the Charmsians. I like where this is going.

As for our Black uniforms, Fi is totally getting a tail spike bracelet and a vest, as that would be adorable. :3

Uhm... Just so Secad knows; Chadwyck's sword isn't /burning/ purple. It has flame insignia engraved along the flat edge that have been coloured in violet. They aren't actual flames, just decorative for the blade :x

Anyways, yes, Chadwyck will continue his attack and fighting whomever pleases for a bit. The white ship should be along shortly, and then everything will really go crazy~ :3

SSBC is a public RP, this much is true; but that doesn't mean you can just join all willy-nilly. As you can see, we're currently discussing what to do for Episode 2 of the RP. At this point, anyone may join and discusss how they may interact in the forthcoming RP.

To be frank, thepyro, your actions in the Episode 1 RP weren't all that convincing of whether or not your are ready to RP, but if you can improve by the time Episode 2 rolls along, you may join.

Since we're at a climax point in episode 1 now, it won't be much longer before all three groups make a retreat to regroup and such. I think the conclusion of episode one should involve the Charmisians being evacuated to the Space Station Skuld, while the loyal members of the Ying-Yang factions 'cryptically' show prisoners being broken to the will of the factions, as well as showing evidence of how the two groups oppose each other or something like that. Then we can all rest for the night.

Then all the people accepted can make their appearances when we branch the story into episodes 2-4, what happens in each one is entirely up to the people participating. And depending on situations, like one member becomes separated from their group in on episode and is found by the group in another, the members can jump between the episodes, but never participate in 2 simultaneously.

So this sounds like a good plan so far? Comments and criticism to fill the gaps in this would be appreciated.

btw, For the sheer irony of it, the factions' capture mechanisms (like those silly laser things Wario and Bowser have) are Pokeballs. Think Darkballs from the fourth movie or those weird floating pokeballs Mewtwo had in the first movie~

Or you know, if you can think of something more fitting, you should totally suggest it here :>

I think the capture mechanisms should something akin to the signature item's of each team, like chess pieces for White and cards for Black.

the chess pieces/cards can vary for each member due to how long they've been here or how powerful they are, and the shots CAN be deflected like Mewtwo's balls could be by Pikachu's thunderbolt but eventually the person will wear down and be captured. And to collect the people that have been turned to chess pieces and cards, there will be a gigantic magnet that summons them into a gigantic basket or something :D

Just thought to give my two cents on it :)

(So psyched for Episode 2 <333)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Just wondering, does that basically mean that almost everyone in episode 1 will end up being part of the Black Group or the White Group?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
There will always be loyalists to the Charmsians, else the 'villains' will win in the end. So everyone in Episode One is not going to be necessarily changed to a team.

Capture devices should be Pokeballs, but both different for the factions. Dusk/Luxury balls for the Black Team, and Premier Balls for the White Team. Unless anyone has a better idea.